Leia in Boushh Disguise - VC134

Reaction score
The original Weequay was redone as a super articulated figure in the TVC line circa 2012. And Ree Yees got the SA treatment in the 3.75" Black Series in 2014.
I stand corrected, and went back & modified my post. That shows how much I was paying attention - LOL. Though, IIRC the 2012 Weequay in the TVC line was online-only, not retail. So, it would be nice to see that re-released, since it was so tough to get the first time around.

I now remember about the Ree-yees in the TBS line.

Reaction score
I stand corrected, and went back & modified my post. That shows how much I was paying attention - LOL. Though, IIRC the 2012 Weequay in the TVC line was online-only, not retail. So, it would be nice to see that re-released, since it was so tough to get the first time around.

I now remember about the Ree-yees in the TBS line.
Hey, I thought the TBS 3.75" Leia (Boussh) came out in 2013, not in 2015. For ANYBODY to have perfect recall about when any individual figure/vehicle/misc. release came out in this line is an unrealistic expectation.

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification - I thought the Leia Boushh from the TBS 3.75" series was more recent, but didn't look this up. And, yes - this makes my argument even more valid - i.e., the last Boushh isn't even three years old, and another one is already being released?! Again, too soon - let that space go to a never before made figure from Jabba's palace (i.e., Ishi Tib from Jabba's throne room), one that's never been carded (i.e., Oola), or one that hasn't been updated since the POTF2/original Saga collection days (early 200X's), i.e. Pote Snitkin, Tanus Spijek, etc. The sky is the limit!
2015, 2013, who cares. This version of Leia has not had the vintage cardback yet and that's a big draw... to get all the originals rereleased. And I know Hasbro mentioned that as a goal years ago too. And this Leia's spot should NOT be in competition against characters like Ishi Tib or Pote Snitkin. Those would be new figures, and certainly welcomed additions to our collections. But we know Hasbro is going to litter this collection with repacks, unlike TVC before. So we have to accept some of this. And I'd rather us get Leia on card, than more of Kylo, Rey, Jyn, FO Stormtrooper. Some of these only few years old like I said before. Seems to me like the Hoth Trooper is one of the favorites from wave 1 because its OT. I don't see any problems moving repacks through like that or like Boushh Leia.

Reaction score
TBH, I don't see the need for it simply because she's never on the Barge in this outfit. That's why I feel there are more deserving candidates, if they're just picking random characters.

Reaction score
TBH, I don't see the need for it simply because she's never on the Barge in this outfit. That's why I feel there are more deserving candidates, if they're just picking random characters.
They never pick random characters.
Not all choices can be Barge figures. That said this is very close to a barge figure since it’s a Jabba’s Palace figure and fits right in with the Barge theme.

Reaction score
2015, 2013, who cares. This version of Leia has not had the vintage cardback yet and that's a big draw... to get all the originals rereleased. And I know Hasbro mentioned that as a goal years ago too. And this Leia's spot should NOT be in competition against characters like Ishi Tib or Pote Snitkin. Those would be new figures, and certainly welcomed additions to our collections. But we know Hasbro is going to litter this collection with repacks, unlike TVC before. So we have to accept some of this. And I'd rather us get Leia on card, than more of Kylo, Rey, Jyn, FO Stormtrooper. Some of these only few years old like I said before. Seems to me like the Hoth Trooper is one of the favorites from wave 1 because its OT. I don't see any problems moving repacks through like that or like Boushh Leia.
I'm fine with them repacking figures that collectors want to see on TVC cardbacks, so long as they remain that - repacks. I don't want a figure like this to take a resculpt slot, when the existing figure is good. I honestly don't mind if half of each wave is made up of repacks, so long as we get quality new sculpts and most importantly - new characters. Likewise, they don't need to be barge related either - plenty of barge figures already exist and the hardcore collectors that bought that barge likely own them all, and for anyone that doesn't, if they dropped $500 on the barge they can go on ebay and pick up what they're missing.

Reaction score
I’ve seen wave one over and over and it’s the same thing each time. All the Disney characters sit and the one generic 38 year old character from the OT that has been repacked 4 times already , is sold out.

This is Hoth troopers 5th release!

-The Legacy Collection
-Search for Luke Skywalker
-Defense of Hoth
-Special Action figure Set
-TVC 2018

Whats that say?

Last edited:
Reaction score
One person is buying them up?

just to follow your reasoning, what makes you think only one person is buying the hoth troopers? I’ve read here that figure is the most popular of wave one in many areas so this would lead me to believe multiple people in multiple areas are buying the Hoth trooper more frequently. What makes you believe someone is hoarding Hoth troopers?

Also, why the Hoth trooper? The first order storm trooper only saw one release. That one release was from a horribly disturbed Walmart exclusive line. Why isn’t the first order stormtrooper being hoarded?

Im not necessarily disagreeing with you, just trying to understand your perspective.

Thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
It was sarcasm. But sales vary by location - I've seen the Hoth trooper at nearly every store that carries TVC. OT character selections do tend to sell well though, I think this was the point you were making? So a repack of this Leia might do alright, or it may gather dust, leaving fans to wonder why another version of Leia wasn't released instead. If the figure is resculpted, it will really make many of us wonder how Hasbro prioritizes some outfits over others. Either way, I'm always interested in more Leia figures, though I prefer they be new sculpts based on unmade outfits, like TFA General or the Bespin escape, which could use a resculpt...

Reaction score
With Boushh I’d bet money Hasbro is just re releasing the black series Firstly because it’s hasbros track record. They love repacks. Secondly because the figures sculpt is modern and it was done in zbrush. That means the tooling is readily available. This figure recently showed up on tunghoris page which means it very recently was or is in production.

Reaction score
It was sarcasm. But sales vary by location - I've seen the Hoth trooper at nearly every store that carries TVC. OT character selections do tend to sell well though, I think this was the point you were making? So a repack of this Leia might do alright, or it may gather dust, leaving fans to wonder why another version of Leia wasn't released instead. If the figure is resculpted, it will really make many of us wonder how Hasbro prioritizes some outfits over others. Either way, I'm always interested in more Leia figures, though I prefer they be new sculpts based on unmade outfits, like TFA General or the Bespin escape, which could use a resculpt...
Theres 0% chance this is a new figure. They have too many new movie characters to get released right now to even think about revamping a figure only few years old. This is a Jabbas themed character who not only fits in semi well with the barge, but also allows for another check off from the list of vintage cardback redos... plain and simple

Reaction score
Hopefully its a repack. The last one was superb, and doesn't need to be upgraded. Would love to see Boushh on the vintage card though.

Reaction score
Hopefully its a repack. The last one was superb, and doesn't need to be upgraded. Would love to see Boushh on the vintage card though.
Totally agree. I'm on board with a straight repack on a nice vintage card.

Reaction score
I can vouch for the Black series one too. Awesome figure and I'd be happy to buy another on a vintage card.

Reaction score
Is this the first photo-real 3.75" figure Hasbro has confirmed? I don't remember whether any of the SDCC reveals are supposed to be coming with it.

Reaction score
Is this the first photo-real 3.75" figure Hasbro has confirmed? I don't remember whether any of the SDCC reveals are supposed to be coming with it.
It's the first they've confirmed is definitely coming with photo real but back at SDCC they said something along the lines of that beginning in 2019 figures would start coming with photo-real. I presume that means other human characters like Lando will have photo-real too even though they haven't directly said that he does.

Reaction score
Looks like TBS Leia with a new face paint application. The sculpt itself, looks the same to me. An improvement over TBS figure I think.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks like TBS Leia with a new face paint application. The sculpt itself, looks the same to me. An improvement over TBS figure I think.

Face looks better but definitely not as good as the larger scale face printing. This is probably all we can expect from these updates. Just new face paint on the old figure

Reaction score
yes...I'll be getting one to keep carded. Leia/Boushh was one of my faves back in '83. I guess becase until I saw one on pegs, it weas only known as Boushh on cardbacks and did not indicate removable helmet. Then when I saw it on pegs w/ helmet off revealing Leia and name tag identified it as leia in disguised, I was so thrilled at the surprise, although I had already seen the movie and knew it was Leia. I did wonder why there was no Leia or Han among the new 17 figs on card backs

Reaction score
yes...I'll be getting one to keep carded. Leia/Boushh was one of my faves back in '83. I guess becase until I saw one on pegs, it weas only known as Boushh on cardbacks and did not indicate removable helmet. Then when I saw it on pegs w/ helmet off revealing Leia and name tag identified it as leia in disguised, I was so thrilled at the surprise, although I had already seen the movie and knew it was Leia. I did wonder why there was no Leia or Han among the new 17 figs on card backs
I still have my old cardbacks with the ewoks blacked out. The old school Boushh was definitely a good figure and the whole Return Of The Jedi line was a massive step forward in figure quality.

Reaction score
yawn, another 3.75 Leia in this outfit release.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I love this costume as well, but some minor deco differences on the face aren't going to get me to buy another figure. I don't mind them repacking / repainting figures, its just that so few slots are going to new characters that TVC is more frustrating than it is exciting to collect.

Reaction score
I don't have a modern one so I might pick this one up. Last Boushh I bought was back during Kenner 2.0.

Reaction score
I don't have a modern one so I might pick this one up. Last Boushh I bought was back during Kenner 2.0.
Same. Still have and like my POTF2. Much like the new Emperor, this is the first to strike me as a real upgrade, and I will be getting one. The POTF2 version has stood up to the tests of time pretty well, so I tip my cap to whoever sculpted it. The browns on this new one seem a bit clean to me, so will have to dirty it up a little...

Reaction score
Oh yeah, on the q of whether this is the first with face tech:

i watched a video of the SDCC presentation, and as far as I heard, they just generally indicated that 2019 figures would use it. just as a general claim, like saying tigers are orange, rather than as a categorical or universal claim. Unless I missed it, there’s no way to derive an exceptionless rule from what they said.

But to me, Lando is the first. His glam shot from the panel to me looks 100% like this tech, and a lot like his 6” figure for that matter. I’m NOT necessarily saying earlier releases like the Yakface wave won’t have it, just that IMO he’s the first we collectors could unequivocally identify as having it, IMO. Although some dot matrix printing from earlier years (Rey TFA’s blush, small TBS Scarif trooper’s weathering) might have been tests of a similar technology. First by date of gaining the knowledge, but not necessarily by release date.

This Leia might have been the first they definitively verbally labeled as having it, though. For whatever it’s worth :p

Last edited:
Reaction score
I’m excited for this. Even though it’s a repack this will look amazing on the vintage card. For me it was a very memorable one. Let’s hope they do a Vintage Han Carbonite to go with it.

Reaction score
yawn, another 3.75 Leia in this outfit release.
Pretty much how I feel. Sure it's neat to touch up repacks so it seems like you're getting something new. But it's still something most of us already have, and TBH wasn't that great of a release. IMO There are some obvious WTF areas that should have been done better. The skirt should have been SG's, they essentially waste BH hips on a figure that can't even use them?! The knees, ugh...

While it's an easy pass for me, as with 99% of the rest of them. Still waiting on Revan looks like.
I'm happy for anyone who apparently needs this, and the rest.

Reaction score
I'll pick this up if the face is a significant upgrade (my Black Series one is alright). Then I can use this as the unmasked version.

Reaction score
I’m excited for this. Even though it’s a repack this will look amazing on the vintage card. For me it was a very memorable one. Let’s hope they do a Vintage Han Carbonite to go with it.
Though the Carbonite Han will be on a ROTJ card I would suspect.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just went on ahead and ordered the first release on eBay. I don’t care about having the photo-real right now, and I didn’t have a good Leia figure yet.

Reaction score
Ugh. Leia in Boushh Disguise is a figure I would not care if we ever saw again. I feel like it gets frequent updates and none are ever as good as it should be, meanwhile there are dozens of characters desperately in need of an actual update. Idk, I'm normally not one to complain about upgraded figures, but a Boushh one always bugs me. I won't be buying this one because the one I have is decent enough, and the helmet stays on - so I have no need for the face-printed version.