Leia - D'Qar

Reaction score
This figure is actually one of the better decisions Hasbro has made in this line. This is absolutely a collector oriented figure, with minimal appeal to many kids, so it should be in this line, not 5 POA. A 5 POA General Organa, just like the 5 POA Han Solo, has more mass appeal, and the pricepoint is right for kids and casual fans, $13+ is not...

I think the figure looks good, the deco needs help, but the sculpt is nice, reminds me of the Dofine figure, where softgoods and plastic meshed well.
great point

Reaction score
This figure's expression captures that stiff look she had in the movie. I can hear her speaking now (Read this in the raspy Owen Wilson voice): "Schay guyz, that schneaky Schnoke did it! He took my schon away which was just an excuse for Han to run around the galaxschy schmoozing with other ladies in a cantina! (No one wanted to kiss her, not even Chewie after Han's death. Han pushed her into his chest to get out of it.)

This figure is perfect to recreate the scens from the movie!......and yes, I give Carrie props for trying hard, she is awesome!
Haha Those are Carrie's dentures giving her that nice sound. I'm assuming she lost most of her teeth from years of alcohol and drug abuse.

Reaction score
It does seem that Hasbro is still attempting to do everything they can to get us adult collectors to purchase the 5POA & 6" stuff. Both SA Leia and SA Han figures shown are of secondary outfits from TFA. As a huge OT fan I'll want to get both of these anyway. But it doesn't really make any other sense why they'd do these before giving us Han & Leia outfits they wore for the majority of the movie. We've always wanted & expected figures made for every look of the main characters in previous movies so why not now? I still won't buy the 5POA stuff though.

Reaction score
It does seem that Hasbro is still attempting to do everything they can to get us adult collectors to purchase the 5POA & 6" stuff. Both SA Leia and SA Han figures shown are of secondary outfits from TFA. As a huge OT fan I'll want to get both of these anyway. But it doesn't really make any other sense why they'd do these before giving us Han & Leia outfits they wore for the majority of the movie. We've always wanted & expected figures made for every look of the main characters in previous movies so why not now? I still won't buy the 5POA stuff though.
and that's just it. Hasbro isn't treating this as separate lines.

Reaction score
TBH, name the last Leia figure that they hit out of the park. I can't really recall one w/o some type of con.

Reaction score
Come on guys, is this the Leia figure thread or the poke fun at Carrie Fisher thread?

Reaction score
for real. I like the guy above who pointed out how much it looks like her stern expression from the film. I feel like she can really act and sold that character, you can feel that she's been through a lot and has been fighting the dark side all of her life.

Reaction score
Agreed, I thought she did a great job in the movie. Her performance was spot on Leia.

Reaction score
I can't believe the eBay auction for this figure is already up to $166. people are insane. I think Phasma is at $100 and Han is at $81.

Reaction score
I hope that "Gotta Have It First Guy" likes his Leia figures with exaggerated Joan Crawford style eyebrows.

Reaction score
Boy that "guy" must have a very nice collection of over priced figures, that will NEVER be worth what he even paid! :wtf:

Reaction score
Come on guys, is this the Leia figure thread or the poke fun at Carrie Fisher thread?
I think the Dracula crack was a comment about the figure's hair.

I give Carrie mad props for losing weight for the movie. Gal's almost sixty years old fer crissake. She's doing just fine.

Reaction score
the more ithink about it, the more i am NOT surprised this version of Leia was made first (for SA anyway)...i dont think anyone brought this up since the figure was revealed/confirmed a few days ago, but remember the motion poster on Hasbro Pulse (yeah I know, we all what to block Hasbro pulse out of our minds due to lack of assumed purpose)? At that time, we learned hasbro was going to release a Leia (blue gown) and Maz figs later in the future, we just assumed 6" line.

Reaction score
the more ithink about it, the more i am NOT surprised this version of Leia was made first (for SA anyway)...i dont think anyone brought this up since the figure was revealed/confirmed a few days ago, but remember the motion poster on Hasbro Pulse (yeah I know, we all what to block Hasbro pulse out of our minds due to lack of assumed purpose)? At that time, we learned hasbro was going to release a Leia (blue gown) and Maz figs later in the future, we just assumed 6" line.

Yeah I am not surprised at all. If they are going to do this version, this is the place to do it. They will release the other version in the basic line I guess. Same goes for Han, the snow coat version doesn't have the wide appeal that the regular version has, therefore put in the the limited premium line.

Reaction score

Yeah I am not surprised at all. If they are going to do this version, this is the place to do it. They will release the other version in the basic line I guess. Same goes for Han, the snow coat version doesn't have the wide appeal that the regular version has, therefore put in the the limited premium line.
Its not that they are doing this version or the Starkiller base Han for me. Its that we don't know how many of these SA figures are going to be done at this point and so we don't want the only SA version of Leia or Han to be these. If we knew another Resistance Leia was coming later, no biggy. And same with Han. For me personally, its not ok simply because we got the regular Han in the 5POA line. Many collectors don't count that as real figures.

Reaction score
SA is not going anywhere and Hasbro said so. The collector market has gained new momentum from TFA and we're coming up on the 40th Anniversary next year. Hasbro is closely counting beans and trying to get distribution under control before the flood gates open in 2017. Patience...

Reaction score
I think we'll be seeing a comeback of the Vintage cardback next year (if not a little sooner) for the anniversary.

Reaction score
Well, we already know it's not going anywhere. But I definitely don't see it being anything like it was in 07. And even still, w/o some much needed OT updates. As well as a few PT candidates. There's not much that interests me, I'm not into the new movie characters that much to keep me going the next ten years.

Reaction score
Its not that they are doing this version or the Starkiller base Han for me. Its that we don't know how many of these SA figures are going to be done at this point and so we don't want the only SA version of Leia or Han to be these. If we knew another Resistance Leia was coming later, no biggy. And same with Han. For me personally, its not ok simply because we got the regular Han in the 5POA line. Many collectors don't count that as real figures.
Yeah thats the thing eh. It makes it very difficult for collectors that only collect SA.

Reaction score
SA is not going anywhere and Hasbro said so. The collector market has gained new momentum from TFA and we're coming up on the 40th Anniversary next year. Hasbro is closely counting beans and trying to get distribution under control before the flood gates open in 2017. Patience...

Hasbro said so? Oh! Well! What EVER were we worried about then! Hasbro said!

Reaction score
SA is not going anywhere and Hasbro said so. The collector market has gained new momentum from TFA and...
Uhm. Here's the problem. The market never went away. Hasbro just decided to stop making figures. During the beginning of the dark times in 2012, the market was still snatching up figures as quick as they were put on the pegs. It was just when the pegs became full of Legends ObiWan and QuiGon Jin and TVC ObiWan and QuiGon Jin, and Naboo Guard and nothing else for 24 straight months, that collectors had nothing to buy.

The demand never went away, it was just that the supply of desirable product had been stopped. Collectors had nothing to purchase, the few new figures that did get out during those years were quickly purchased and never pegwarmmed showing me that demand was still there. Retailers got screwed with pegs full of stale figures that everyone already had, so they would not sell.

To me the only fix for this problem would have been to have hasbro reps pull stale figures no longer than 3 months and quickly restock with fresh waves. Reintroduce pulled figures as time goes on.

But to hear them say that the "market has returned" is comical. Demand was always there, its just that old peg warmers are gone and retailers are only pegging partial waves now, so the limited figures are moving.

Reaction score
Have they EVER addressed the horrible systemic distribution problems that have been constant since legacy?

Reaction score
Honestly I’m happy with my Disney figurine and agree that this would be a better choice for the 5POA line only because it really doesn't even need five points, just the head and arms... the rest is fine as a salt shaker. The main general Leia would be a better choice for articulation. I understand why this was the first release, it’s more in line with a Disney princess (unfortunately) and a collector outsider choice. Looking at these photos all is not lost, the eyebrows are indeed terrible, but my biggest problem is that the plastic cape is ridding too high. It's obvious it needs to be pushed down to land on the shoulders, expose more of the neck. Hopefully all this will be corrected in the final release, or will have to customize. Same with Han I will will buy two, the 5POA vest with Bespin arms, and the new legs… perfect SA TFA Han!I did a quick PS mock up for Leia, sorry they are sloppy, not many pixels to work with.

Reaction score
i hope you're right. But there's no reason to have full confidence in that either. I mean it's been over 6 months since TFA stuff hit stores and we've received 5 SA figures from a new movie.

Reaction score
i hope you're right. But there's no reason to have full confidence in that either. I mean it's been over 6 months since TFA stuff hit stores and we've received 5 SA figures from a new movie.
I've also heard that SA isn't going anywhere (and I agree that it likely isn't); there is still inflated pricing that allows Hasbro to profit from leaving the market with a nagging sense that, if a collector ever SEES one of the few SA figs they release, he/she needs to grab it without considering other factors (i.e. character selection, paint apps, plastic quality, whether it's even really wanted, etc.).

This allows Hasbro to 'kill two birds with one stone': gain a decent profit from the continued--albeit minor focus on SA 3.75" figs--while pouring more resources into the 6" line (even though I know that the resources they are putting into the 6" line isn't necessarily what all of us believe should be going into the line)...

Reaction score
Meh! I'll just keep using my Aunt May figure for leia in TFA. It looks better than this one.

Reaction score
I've also heard that SA isn't going anywhere (and I agree that it likely isn't); there is still inflated pricing that allows Hasbro to profit from leaving the market with a nagging sense that, if a collector ever SEES one of the few SA figs they release, he/she needs to grab it without considering other factors (i.e. character selection, paint apps, plastic quality, whether it's even really wanted, etc.).

This allows Hasbro to 'kill two birds with one stone': gain a decent profit from the continued--albeit minor focus on SA 3.75" figs--while pouring more resources into the 6" line (even though I know that the resources they are putting into the 6" line isn't necessarily what all of us believe should be going into the line)...
One issue I can see is that I dont think the 4" TBS figures will get spoken about highly from WalMart. And that is unfair because that first wave was a real stinker and had to be a VERY slow seller, I know it is here in the UK. I they had starter with wave 2 I think the sales for the line would have been great and they would have been looking at expanding it? As is stands I bet WalMart wont want to take it again? Shame.

Reaction score
Such an odd figure to make, and reminds me of the niche female figures Hasbro has done in the past (e.g. Ep.II Morticia Addams Padme). Jakku Finn got both straight arm & SA treatment, seems like General Leia in uniform would've been the logical choice for an action figure. She already got a SA regal treatment in the Ep. IV figure. This figure is going to pegwarm and someone will proclaim that female figures don't sell well. When it's really "crummy one-scene figures don't sell well".

Reaction score
Yes, this is odd figure to start w/ as an tfa Leia, however looking back to 1980, Kenner released eia(bespin gown) before Leia (hoth outfit)...which of theae2 outfits dideia wear most of esb?... Just saying. Personally, idont cars which Leia tfa is out first, just as long as both are released..sa or not

Reaction score
Yes, this is odd figure to start w/ as an tfa Leia, however looking back to 1980, Kenner released eia(bespin gown) before Leia (hoth outfit)...which of theae2 outfits dideia wear most of esb?... Just saying. Personally, idont cars which Leia tfa is out first, just as long as both are released..sa or not
I was with you til the end there- "SA or not." I just would like to know there are more coming down the pipe. SA has gone somewhere though. SA has gone from a major part of Hasbro's lineup to an extra side note. But if they will do the regular TFA version of Leia later I'm happy to pick up this and any other versions of Leia. I'd still really love a regular ANH Leia, Bespin escape, & Endor Celebration.

Reaction score
Such an odd figure to make, and reminds me of the niche female figures Hasbro has done in the past (e.g. Ep.II Morticia Addams Padme). Jakku Finn got both straight arm & SA treatment, seems like General Leia in uniform would've been the logical choice for an action figure. She already got a SA regal treatment in the Ep. IV figure. This figure is going to pegwarm and someone will proclaim that female figures don't sell well. When it's really "crummy one-scene figures don't sell well".
I sortof agree in that I do think its a questionable choice for a release. But I am sure the "regular" costume is planned for the 5POA line for a wider audience, and that makes sense. Which means that if they do want to do a secondary Leia (which they do) then the best place for it is the premium line since two Leias in the main line at the same time is a big risk. So they are releasing in the right way IMO, the question is why release it at all? If I could chose this spot/tooling budget would have gone to Yakface for example.

Reaction score
I really hope you're right. My main concern, though, is that when Hasbro talks about SA, they mean 6". Hasbro is asked about SA 3.75" TBS and their answer pertains to 6" TBS. I believe what Hasbro originally said was that "3.75" isn't going anywhere. Unfortunately, especially because the question being asked was specifically about SA 3.75" and Hasbro knew it, but decided to Play with the words, Hasbro's answer was directed at 5 POA.

The market never went away. Hasbro just decided to stop making figures. that collectors had nothing to buy.

The demand never went away, it was just that the supply of desirable product had been stopped.
But to hear them say that the "market has returned" is comical. Demand was always there, its just that old peg warmers are gone and retailers are only pegging partial waves now, so the limited figures are moving.
Excellent Analysis and I agree. The market for the TBS 3.75" SA figures is still alive and well here in Germany. The problem is that Hasbro isn't sending those figures here or anywhere outside of the US (and wave 1 in the UK). My SW dealer has always been able to get everything, even when it doesn't come here through official Hasbro channels (he doesn't do anything illegal,he just has to order from a Hasbro Hong Kong), and he can't get These figures.

One last Thing, this Leia is not a good choice at all. Hasbro is just afraid of competition between ist various 3.75" lines. That says to me that Hasbro knows the collector market is strong. Hasbro knows that mostly collectors will buy a 5 POA geneal Leia if there isn't one in the SA line. If collectors don't buy leia, she won't be bought up in big enough numbers by the Kids. So, then Hasbro has a Problem. Also, if we see that with so many movies coming out, Hasbro can always kick the can down the road. So, a General leia in the SA line is a good possibility a few years from, so Hasbro is hoping most collectors just buy the 5 POA now.