QUESTION Leia capes - folding down the collar!?

Reaction score
Seems like a silly question, but how did they get those capes fitted nicely on the figures without any creases in an original MOC?

I got my Leia capes all nice and flat and clean, and back on the figures. But they are fitted with the collars straight up. And now I'm too nervous to try and stretch the collar down! lol. It feels too thick to fold without creasing it badly.

Is there a better technique to this? I was thinking of using a hairdryer on it to see if it will soften enough to flap down.

Any tips much appreciated! :)

Reaction score
You rarely see a carded Leia with her cape “fitted nicely on the figure without any creases”. The cape is usually not fitted nicely and does have creases. Because there’s no way the collar could be folded without causing “creases”.
if I were you I would not use a hairdryer or any other heating system or there’s a risk you’ll melt/ damage the capes. I would just keep the capes as is or fold them gently using the existing fold marks.

Reaction score
My Leia cape was a little creased and crumpled in places. I couldn't get the creases out with hot water. I placed it on a hard smooth placemat you put plates on, on the ironing board and placing Teflon ptfe paper on top I did quick swipes with a hot iron over the Teflon.

I practiced this on an old ripped cape I had first. Once I ran the iron over the teflon I would stretch push out any lumps or creases with my fingers on the cape whilst soft. Whilst in this soft state I was able to place it back on the figure and easily shape that nice open curvy fold as the vinyl was so pliable. Though as a warning this does seem to make the capes more softer than originally. I'm not sure if over time they stiffen up again, though for me its better than having the crumpled creases and they are much more easy to shape.

One thing to mention if doing for tuskan, is to add a bit of padding where his bum touches the cape as a hard edge sticks out which can form in the cape whilst still warm.

Reaction score
My Leia cape was a little creased and crumpled in places. I couldn't get the creases out with hot water. I placed it on a hard smooth placemat you put plates on, on the ironing board and placing Teflon ptfe paper on top I did quick swipes with a hot iron over the Teflon.

I practiced this on an old ripped cape I had first. Once I ran the iron over the teflon I would stretch push out any lumps or creases with my fingers on the cape whilst soft. Whilst in this soft state I was able to place it back on the figure and easily shape that nice open curvy fold as the vinyl was so pliable. Though as a warning this does seem to make the capes more softer than originally. I'm not sure if over time they stiffen up again, though for me its better than having the crumpled creases and they are much more easy to shape.

One thing to mention if doing for tuskan, is to add a bit of padding where his bum touches the cape as a hard edge sticks out which can form in the cape whilst still warm.
When you tried hot water was it hot from the tap or boiled water ? I’ve always boiled water and it’s always worked.

Reaction score
It was kettle boiled though let it cool down a bit. So just checked and my capes are back to their more thicker feel, now much nicer looking with no creases and folded better :)

Reaction score
I’d personally leave them the way they are. They weren’t made to be perfect and weren’t even perfect on the card. It’s your decision, but I like to keep things as close as to when they left the factory as possible.