Leia Boushh 65E or 65D? AFA Mistake

Reaction score
Hey Gang! I haven't posted in a long time. Actually sold 99% of my collection and am sort of out of the hobby right now. But, I did recently buy this Leia Boushh MOC AFA 80. According to the Kellerman Matrix, this is a 65E back. It's got the printed Emperor Offer on the front, with the Anakin offer sticker over the Emperor offer, and then the 1/3 Anakin offer sticker on the back covering the printed Emperor offer. It's a 65C back with the Anakin Sticker. The Kellerman book and Matrix indicates the only figure with this cardback is General Madine, but I found some old posts on RS indicating that the Leia Boushh is known as well. To my knowledge these are the only two figures with this double offer combo, and as you can see mine as a coin sticker also.

So here's the Deal... AFA called this a 65D back. But a 65D is actually a 65B with the Anakin sticker covering the lower 1/3 of the card. So, did AFA make a mistake, or do they not recognize the 65E as a legit variation? I realize that on the back, if you can't see what being covered up, the Anakin sticker on a 65D and 65E would look the same, but based on the front of the card, you know it's going to be different. I think calling a 65E a 65D doesn't do justice to the variation and rarity of the piece. What do you all think? Does anyone else have a 65E that AFA called a 65D or does anyone have any graded 65E Madine's or Leia Boushh's, or for that matter any other figure on a 65E card back?

Also, if they are both 65D's, then AFA should make a distinction about the card front, because they would not be interchangeable.... if that makes sense.

I have submitted a request / question to AFA to see what they say as well, but I wanted to run it by the community and see what you all thought.

Reaction score
Ah! The fabulous triple offer combo. This is beautiful. To answer your question, yes they messed up for all the right reasons you just explained. Congrats on the pick up and thank you for sharing.

Jonathan

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm super happy to have it! AFA did email me back and wanted pictures, so I sent them, but I guess they are basically closed this week for some convention? Not 100% sure on that. Anyways still waiting to hear back from them on what they think or how they plan to fix it.

Reaction score
UPDATE!!! - I have been corresponding with AFA via email, and they said they have never graded with the 65E distinction, but with the rarity of them, they are going to start, and said I can send the figure in and have it re labed at no additional charge other than the shipping and insurance. I asked if they would keep it a 65D with some notation that the card front is an Emperor offer or re label it a 65E and AFA said they would make it a 65E to be consistent with the Kellerman Matrix.... so.... win!

Reaction score
Congrats and certainly a win for the community in whole.

Jonathan

Reaction score
Okay. So I sent in my Leia Boushh 65-E and AFA did re-case it and correct the label to a 65-E. From what I gather from AFA, this is the first time they have designated the 65-E separately from the 65-D. So......... that's pretty cool!

Reaction score
This is good news indeed.

Jonathan

Last edited: