LEGO Star Wars Event Thread

Reaction score
I haven't been to that specific one but Lego Cons are always fun as far as seeing other people's creations.

From my experience, don't plan on buying sets if you are looking for a deal. Vendors at cons tend to jack up prices. You can almost always get a better deal through other sources...bricklink etc.

Reaction score
Yes. Go with the thought that it's a huge exhibition of really cool Lego builds....and it was great for that, from the smallest to the largest. Mosaics, trains, buildings, anything you can think of. My daughter was most impressed by a giant Lego machine that moved small Lego ***** around a large ring of tables. You could follow a single ball travel completely around in 20 minutes. Expect to see a lot, but not really spend a lot.

Reaction score
Attended Brickfair in Alabama in 2013, took home Most Inspiring and Peoples Choice trophies. It was an absolute blast! Plan on attending Brick World here in the near future.

Reaction score
Tomorrow we're taking the little guy to a Legofest. We've never been to one and was wondering what to expect. Anyone ever been?

Thanks,
John

Reaction score
I'm sure you and the little one will have fun. There will be plenty of MOCs and vendors. Likely a play area filled with loose bricks where kids can build. It will probably be noisy with a ton of kids everywhere. They usually have some sort of "people's choice" award type of thing where you can vote for the MOC you like the best.

Make sure you bring a camera, and water and snacks are probably a good idea too. I've been to some that have food vendors and others that don't. I recommend being careful about what you buy from Lego vendors because sometimes the markups can be pretty high (like any con).

Have fun. The first time going to a Lego Con and seeing a lot of large MOCs on display is always neat.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Is it lego kidsfest? We went to 2 of those. Apart from the lego store, no vendors. The big lego statues all over the place, a giant pile of bricks, another of duplo. There was an area for the kids to do master builder academy. Each theme has an area where the kids can build stuff from random pieces. There was a map of the USA that you could build something to be put on it. The only giveaways were polybags for the kids that participated in contests. No MOCs really, except the creations in the theme areas. You are very strongly discouraged from trying to take your creations out of the theme area.

Reaction score
That's what it was. Not quite as we had hoped. Long drive to do what we could do at home.

I was hoping the store part would be better but it was just stuff available at my local Walmart. Oh well. The kid had fun.

Reaction score
I think Hutt was thinking of Brickfest. Sorry I didn't see your post sooner. like yesterday. The first year we went, I was able to score 25 retired polybags from the LEGO store. The prizes for contests were retired Star Wars including a shadow ARF trooper. When I went back the second year with more money exxpecting the same they had no polybags. The kids were handed Chima Fire back polys for participating in contests that second year.

Reaction score
Ya, you said Legofest. I took that to mean a Lego Con...sometimes called brickfests. A Lego kid fest is a very different thing. I apologize for the miscommunication.

Reaction score
No worries. Luckily I have discovered the Lego Dimensions game as a result of going and now the wife and I are hooked. Fun game.

Reaction score
Now that the dates have been announced I was wondering if any other Lego fans from the forums are planning on attending this time around?

I enjoyed meeting a couple of you last time.

And a heads up: hotels close to the convention center seem to be filling up quickly :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am planning on attending. I already have a room booked. The Easter weekend thing might mess up my plans.

Reaction score
I'll be attending with several friends, staying at Hawthorn Suites. Can't wait!

Reaction score
Oh man I'd love to. With a second wee one on the way though, I think that time is up for a while.

Reaction score
Yep, I am. Plan on hooking up with the GLFUG crew again and displaying my latest MOC, providing they get the clear to set up a display area. We were a big hit at CVI.

Would be good to see you again Hutt.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'll be attending as well but only up to Saturday night as I can't stay on Easter Sunday. would love to meet some of you guys.

Reaction score
I'm already booked with mine and several other families at the Hilton, so let me know where this MOC section will be?

Last edited:

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi all, I've renamed this thread to be the place we can discuss LEGO events - be they official (such as at a brand store or LEGOLAND park) or unofficial (LUG get-together, brickfest, in-store build). It used to be that the site had enough visitors that we could have a thread per event but these days it's a bit draughty in here so rather than multiple threads get blown away I thought we'd condense. Make sense?

And now on with the show.

I visited Dreamworld, a theme park on the Gold Coast (no gold - just golden sands) in Australia because they were having their last Star Wars Weekend. The 501st trooped the event, with over 120 costumers, and BrisBricks, the local LUG, had a small LEGO Star Wars display there. Here are some pics I took.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Good idea. I always look for events and never know where to find local ones.

This weekend I am going to the Kenosha, WI KLUG event at UKE's Harley Davidson in Kenosha. I am looking to join the group if I can. It's Sat and Sun 10 to 5(?) admission is free. More info on the KLUG website. I have just recently learned of the group and I don't really know what to expect so please don't kill me if it isn't that good.

Reaction score
Just got back from the Kenosha WI lug show. I had a really good time! A lot of very nice, talented builders there and plenty to do and see and for the kids to play. Today and tomorrow 10 to 5 just north of the highway 50 exit in Kenosha at uke's Harley Davidson.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I went to a LEGO event hosted by the local Brisbane LUG - BrisBricks - on Sunday. Click on the image below for a view of my album.

In other event news there is going to be an official LEGO tour of Canada, starting next weekend in Ottawa.

http://legoimaginenationtour.com/

Reaction score
BrickNation

I took my kids to a BrickNation event in Hampstead, MD. Got 1/2 off tickets for $6 through Certifikid. There were a few displays and vendors and some piles of Duplo and Legos for kids to mess around with. I picked up three LED lightsabers from http://blinkybricks.com/ and added them to my custom Carbon Freezing Chamber and Final Duel sets. The highlight of the event though was a full on working replica of R2-D2. This thing was spot on and my 4 year old and 2 year old went crazy over it.

Reaction score
Try were 35 for the set. Indiviually, the raptor and the archeologist were 10 and the triceratops was 15. A little pricey considering the number of bricks, but the quality of the model was second to none. Very similar to the t-rex in the women science set.

Reaction score
Thanks! I'd definitely like to pick these up. Actually Bricklinked the Science Institute set with the intention of picking these up to go with it.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/LEGO_Build_The_Galaxy_Event_182262.asp

Build The Galaxy! is a two-day family event that will see fans of the Galaxy Far, Far Away come together to build epic brick-built worlds inspired by the Star Wars universe.

Under guidance of LEGO builders, guests will help create iconic scenes from Star Wars on planets Crait, Tatooine and in outer space as part of LEGO build sessions across the weekend at the Science Museum in London.

A range of free activities will be available for families to take part in, including a LEGO building wall, photo opportunities with life-sized LEGO Star Wars characters and a goody bag for all event participants to take home.

Free tickets (up to four per family) for LEGO Star Wars: Build The Galaxy are available via a random prize draw at www.universe.com/legobuildthegalaxy. Simply enter your details before midnight on October 25th for a chance to win!

When entering your details, please select your chosen date and either a morning or afternoon preference: note that morning sessions (AM) will take place between 9.00am – 12.30pm and afternoon sessions (PM) run between 12.30pm – 5.30pm. The build session will last approx. 20-25 minutes but please allow 55 minutes for the full experience.

Winners will be notified by midnight October 31st if they have been successful and will be allocated a specific timeslot on their ticket for their build session along with all other important event information.

Last edited: