LEGO Star Wars Event Thread

Reaction score
You may have seen the picture of my clone army that I was given during the WalMart Jedi Training Day, on the front page.

Im desperately seeking the assistance of my fellow board members, hoping to find someone else who got a box of the clone troopers at the event. Each store got 150 troopers total, I got 145, 91 of which were complete. Which means, Im in need of 54 clonetrooper helmets, and five complete clone trooper minifigs. If anyone out there went to the event, and got extras they are willing to part with, Id gladly pay you a decent price for them as well as all your shipping costs.

Reaction score
How in bloody heck did you get 140-somethin' Clonetroopers??? I was there, and they had Stormtroopers, and it didn't look like they gave any away.

Nuts! If I knew I could get even ONE free Clonetrooper LEGO dude, I would've made a fool of myself right there on the spot!

I did get all the other giveaway stuff, however.

Reaction score
For some reason, our store wasn't giving them away, or possibly, they were and only gave five away lol

When I was there that morning, a woman in charge was talking to someone else she was working with, and she made a comment that she had to destroy all remaining pieces once it ended. I just went ahead and asked her if I could have them, jokingly saying that she could dispose of them directly in the back of my car lol She agreed, but only if we met off store property (she didnt want to get fired). Now I have a small army of clonetroopers, 54 of which aren't battle ready for their lack of helmets.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Capntarpals:
Nuts! If I knew I could get even ONE free Clonetrooper LEGO dude, I would've made a fool of myself right there on the spot!
<font size="2" face="arial">Me too! I went down to my wal-mart hopeful of maybe getting one clonetrooper lego. But my wal-mart didn't even take part in the promotion.

Reaction score
Lego Events

Just picked up the new February calendar at the local Lego shop last night. There's an entry that says:

"McLean, VA: Tysons Corner February 29 - March 2
R2-D2 Master Builder Event

Visit the Lego Store at Tysons Corner and help build a brand new 8 foot Lego R2-D2. A Lego Master Builder will be on hand as this enormous Star Wars droid is built with help from Lego fans of all ages. Everyone who participates will get a free Certificate of Achievement while supplies last plus a special offer at the Lego Store that weekend only."

If anyone checks this out, let us know.

Reaction score
Re: R2-D2 Master Builder event Feb 29 - Mar 2 in V

Huh, up the road from my parent's house. I might just have to go.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: R2-D2 Master Builder event Feb 29 - Mar 2 in VA

Did anyone who atteneded this grab a spare certificate of achievement?

Jeremy

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

There's another R2 building event today. It's at the LEGO brand store in Northbrook, IL:

"A LEGO Master Builder is coming to the Northbrook Court LEGO Store, May 2 - 4, and he's building an 8-ft tall LEGO R2-D2™ model! Help build this enormous model and get a special store offer and a Certificate of Achievement, while supplies last! This event is free and fun for the entire family. Call the LEGO Store at (847) 291-9520 for event hours and more details."

If anyone is going could they pick me up a certificate of participation please?

Jeremy

Reaction score

Would also be interested in any spare promo material from the events.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Back of the line Stanley!

Jeremy

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
R2-D2 Building Event Discussion Thread

There is another R2 Building Event over the May 16 - 18 weekend at the LEGO brand shop in San Mateo, CA.

If anyone is attending could you please pick up a certificate for me so I can document it?

Jeremy

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

There's another R2 Builder's Event over June 27-29 at the LEGO Brand shop in the Chandler Fashion Center in Chandler, AZ.

If anyone is attending could they grab a (few) spare certificates please? There are a couple of us who'd like to include them in our collections.

Jeremy

Reaction score

I'll be there, I'll hook you up Jeremy. At least I'll do my best.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Thanks for that

And remember: Do or do not, there is no try.

Jeremy

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Any luck there?

And please post pictures of the event if you took any. I haven't seen one of these before.

Jeremy

Reaction score

I will try and go by myself on the 27th and then I will probably be going back there on the 28th with my wife and kid so I'll take some pictures then. Should be pretty cool having a LEGO store "just around" the corner. Maybe I'll spend less money and time on Bricklink.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

How far is itr from you? Mine is 40 miles, and a second one 75 miles away so I understand the "round the corner" sentiment.

Jeremy

Reaction score

I meant to get over to the one in San Mateo, but it just didn't happen. Too busy with the new baby, plus it's about 80 miles from me.

Reaction score

Jeremy said:
How far is itr from you? Mine is 40 miles, and a second one 75 miles away so I understand the "round the corner" sentiment.

Jeremy
Well I used to live literally 2 miles away, now a little further but I drive by the mall everyday to and from work, hell I even worked at the mall for a bit. I would be there opening day if I could but with a new baby (I don't need to tell you guys) it's a little more difficult to change the schedule. Trust me I'll be there.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Pfff, the two of you call yourselves LEGO fans! A new baby doesn't stop me

Jeremy

Reaction score

Hey DEKE STARKILLER, if you could please pick me up a few promo items as well, any leaflets, certificates etc. If you like you could just ship it all to me or Jeremy and we can ship the seperate items to each other. Thanks Stanley

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I'll go along with that.

Jeremy

Reaction score

I'll grab what I can fellas, I just got an email from LEGO about an exclusive set that will be given out/sold at the event for the grand opening. I think it has something to do with living in the desert. But I am pumped for Pick-A-Brick for my SW customs!!

Reaction score

Thanks, appreciate it.

Reaction score

Ok, so I went to the Chandler Mall store and was blown away! Not as big as the Anaheim store but awesome none the less. I gotta say the Grievous set is actually decent in person. For my first father's day my wife bought me Vader's T.I.E and a large cup of P-A-B so it was a good day.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

A recce trip is always advised

Jeremy

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Did you get to the event last weekend?

Jeremy

Reaction score

Oh yeah I did. It was nuts man, the wife and I participated in the Master Builder event and we got 2 certificates (she gave up hers). So the Lego employee said he had to make it out to someone and I said make it out to Jeremy. So I literally have one with your name on it.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Thanks to you and special thanks to your wife. Strange that she is also named Jeremy!

LMK what I owe you.

Jeremy

Reaction score

You owe me nothing, but PM me your address and if you pay for shipping I'll send it out to you. All I ask is to remember this if you can ever help me out.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

PM sent

Jeremy

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Seeing as we don't have a thread for Official LEGO Events I'm commandeering this one to use to post announcements about events being held/hosted/organised by LEGO. This will include instore, LEGOLand, and any other event that has been officially organised by LEGO.

I'll get things started by posting the summer events schedule for the three LEGO shops in the UK (MK, Brighton and Bluewater).

There are a couple of dates worth noting if you are a Star Wars colllector:

23-25 July - Countdown to The Clone Wars: all-new LEGO Star Wars sets are coming on 26 July!
26 July - Clone Trooper Minifigure Building Event - see second scan for details
27-30 July - Save 10% when you buy two LEGO Star Wars battlepacks (7667 and 7668 only).
13-15 August - Save 10% Off the Motorized AT-AT!

The event flyer has a couple of coupons as well, but you'll need to get an original copy to be able to use them.

Jeremy

Reaction score

You get two weeks' time for double stamp days, over here we're lucky if we get two days...

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

All the other occasions I've hear about they've run double points for a day or two. This is the first extended offer I've seen.

Jeremy

Reaction score

Jeremy said:
Seeing as we don't have a thread for Official LEGO Events I'm commandeering this one to use to post announcements about events being held/hosted/organised by LEGO.
I helped you out by renaming my original post!

Reaction score

Jeremy said:
All the other occasions I've hear about they've run double points for a day or two. This is the first extended offer I've seen.

Jeremy
Still, you UK folks are lucky that way. Shame about the pricing though, but at least you can get double points right now.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Mofo_Jones said:
Still, you UK folks are lucky that way. Shame about the pricing though, but at least you can get double points right now.
Yes, lucky. LMAO! We pay more than 100% than you guys for almost everything, gasoline costs +$10 a gallon and our cost of living is increasing at twice the rate of inflation

MaxWedge said:
I helped you out by renaming my original post!
I noticed - thanks for that!

Jeremy

Reaction score

Jeremy said:
Mofo_Jones said:
Yes, lucky. LMAO! We pay more than 100% than you guys for almost everything, gasoline costs +$10 a gallon and our cost of living is increasing at twice the rate of inflation

Jeremy
I'd suggest moving to Australia, but apparently you've already thought of that.

Seriously, it's not much in the economic big picture, but I always have to miss double points day for some reason or another. I just wish I had a larger date range to plan a LEGO store trip.
Gas is expensive enough right now - I think that there would be riots if it got up to $10.