LEGO Star Wars Deals & Discounts Thread

Reaction score
It was on TRU's website, but it was only for Saturday.

They didn't have Home One & I already have the Endor Bunker. So I wound up getting the CW Y-Wing ($61) & the Solar Sailer ($60), as well as the Transformers: Universe Silverbolt figure ($13). I was able to use both the Buy 1 get 1 50% off LEGO coupon as well as a $10 off $100 coupon I got in the mail. So the Y-Wing was actually $55.12, Silverbolt for $11.75 & the perpetually overpriced Solar Sailer for $27.10! Not bad at all.

Reaction score
Re: I just got The Battle of Endor (8038) 50% off

This has been extended for this week, no coupon needed.

Reaction score

Skyward72 said:
This has been extended for this week, no coupon needed.
Saw that ad, but this time it doesn't include star wars as it says excludes star wars, bulk, atlantis and mindstorms in the finer print.

Reaction score

Maybe its just online. I saw SW sets with this offer online this morning.

Reaction score

Skyward72 said:
Maybe its just online. I saw SW sets with this offer online this morning.
Saw it on their website as well, sorry about the doubt.

Reaction score
Did you scan any of the sets? Somebody over on FBTB said that the Echo Base, Hyena Droid, and Anakin's fighter were ringing up at less than RRP.

Reaction score

theres no endor sets left in the UK im glad I got mine a while ago... they are going for 30% more than MSR on ebay UK now.

Reaction score

Well, the weekly ad does not specify any restrictions on the buy one get one half off sale. I think it's a bunch of BS and TRU's way of trying to get people to come into the store, hoping they'll buy some other overpriced trash. It seems to me that this isn't the first time they've advertised a lego sale, only to end up excluding the star wars sets once you get into the store. What a crock.

Reaction score

I am not sure how they word their ads, but During a sale in Late Sept/ October, i had the battle of endor, the Republic star destroyer, and 2 other lesser sets in hand and they did not ring up under the sale price at the register. They had tiny tiny print on the ad signs and even had the signs placed in front of the Star Wars sets. Now it is my fault for not reading the conditions of the ads, but the girl who rang me out was a real snot to me when I questioned the price and was even snottier when I told her I could not take everything and she had to void the sale.
Joe

Reaction score

Well, TRU is known for "disappearing" the larger SW sets during sales in which LEGO SW is included. To no one's surprise, the sets are mysteriously back in stock after the next ad breaks.

Reaction score
For the sake of anyone who might be confused, all brick & mortar Toys R Us stores have Buy One Get One 50% off this week on LEGOs. Star Wars are INCLUDED.

There are some minor exclusions like Atlantis, Mindstorms and the bulk brick buckets. And the offer does not appear to be valid at the TRU website.

Reaction score
I checked the ad that was in the Sunday paper again & it does say that Atlantis, bulk & Star Wars are excluded from the sale in very small print at the bottom of the front page of the ad. I'll still try my luck Wednesday, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Reaction score
I only checked the ad online and I couldn't see any fine print, but I'm sure it was there. Anyway I am more than happy to get what I need at Target, WalMart, and lego.com

Reaction score

karnorjax said:
theres no endor sets left in the UK im glad I got mine a while ago... they are going for 30% more than MSR on ebay UK now.
Funny,i've never realy paid too much attention to LEGO SW toys until the Endor Set caught my eye at the weekend.Not the actual set but a picture of it on the back of the Y - Wing box.

It just so happens that everyone else seems to want this set also!.So i just wondered if it was worth buying on ebay for over the retail price (most are going for over £100)just to have for Christmas day,or should i wait until Jan 10' when thay have new stock coming in?.

Or is there any way of getting one from abroad in time for Christmas?.

Any help would be appreciated

Gary

Reaction score

If you are not in a hurry to get the set, I would wait till you find it at retail. The set will be restocked after Christmas.

Reaction score
The signs at my local TRU have exclusions for Star Wars , bulk and I think Atlantis. The exclusions were highlighted this time and not placed in front of the Star Wars items. Also snotty cashier was nowhere in sight.

Joe

Reaction score

Skyward72 said:
If you are not in a hurry to get the set, I would wait till you find it at retail. The set will be restocked after Christmas.
Yeah,thanks for your advise,i guess January will come round pretty quick.

Gary

Reaction score

What sets do they mean when they say "bulk" are they the boxes with just bricks, or the larger sets?

Reaction score
Skyward72 said:
Yup, they a load of Anakins y-wing, echo base, Darth vaders tie, Seperatist Shuttle, and Anakins Jedi Starfighter. They were stacked to the ceiling just like last years ISD. They also had a space police and power miners set with the same amount of sets. Good chance these are going on sale tomorrow.
Guess I was right just a week off. Target has a sale on several sets this the and the advertised Seperatist Shuttle is 19.00.

Reaction score

I can't believe they let you take back the full-price set and keep the half-price set! I have *NEVER* found any store ever that would do that. You got SO lucky.

Mauricio

Reaction score
Mauricio said:
I got the Battle of Endor and the Home One sets today using that coupon. Total was 172.00 including taxes. The Endor set was the one discounted 50% deal. Saved $50.00 bucks plus taxes.
Went back to ToysRUS yesterday to use the Home One 30% off coupon on my previous purchase and I got 39 and some change back, at the end I got both sets for 126 plus taxes.

Reaction score

I was at first elated, then annoyed, to see the sign said "ALL LEGO SETS buy 1, get 1 50% off" and then underneath that type it said, in smaller type: "Excludes Star Wars, Atlantis, Mindstorms, (and one other set that I can’t recall right now)”

So I got a couple of Indy sets instead. Kind of a bummer, since I had hoped to get one of the more expensive sets.

Reaction score
1023AD said:
If you are wondering this is totally legit and within the TRU return policy.
I don't believe that. First of all, the TRU offer excluded Star Wars sets so you should not have gotten the discount in the first place. Secondly, I do not believe that any store's return policy for a "BOGO" type of deal will knowingly let you return one of the items for no reason, just to keep the discount on the 2nd item.

The person who did the return was in a hurry and did not realize or did not care that you were scamming them.

What you did is not too far from shoplifting, in my opinion. I wouldn't brag about it. It is dishonest.

I mean no offense, but it is immoral to steal. Think about what you did. This kind of stuff adds to retail prices for everything.

Reaction score
Ture said:
First of all, the TRU offer excluded Star Wars sets so you should not have gotten the discount in the first place.
Actually, the online coupon that was good for Black Friday weekend was good for all LEGO sets. I used it to get the Anakin Y-Wing & the Dooku Sailer (the half off one).

It's just the sale that ran last week (Sun.-Sat.) excluded SW, Atlantis & bulk LEGO sets.

Reaction score
Re: Lego On Sale Thread #2

Went to Entertainment Earth, took a look at the Endor set and the Turbo tank. They comes to $206.15 putting them at about $100ea after shipping ($24.75).

Reaction score
Re: Lego On Sale Thread #2

I was looking at the Slave 1 and Hogwarts Express on EE, which came out to alittle bit more than if I just got them with the Freddies sale going on.