LEGO Star Wars Deals & Discounts Thread

Reaction score
Re: Lego On Sale Thread #2

Well, apparently Target doesn't run a national ad because it's B2G1F here and I checked the on-line Target ad for Utah and it's BOGOHO.

E...

Reaction score

Hmm...good to know. I always just assumed they ran a standard ad. I wonder why the change?

Reaction score

I always thought the Target ad was regional, that's why they always ask me for my zip code when I check the ad online.

Makes sense to go regional as obviously certain product sells better in certain environments. Though, I don't get why Legos would be different per region...

Reaction score

It's possible that they're just testing the marketing in different regions too. Seeing which promotions are the most effective.

Reaction score

i bet the free one does better, even though the actual discount is only 25% versus 33%. free just sounds better.

Reaction score

Free did sound better, I got sucked in on a couple Harry Potter sets today. I picked up 4738 Hagrid's Hut and 4737 Quidditch Match and got a second 4737 free so I could make a full arena.

There's at least one older Quidditch set so I may have to go track down some other minifigs in Quidditch robes to make up some teams.

E...

Reaction score

many of the kmarts have the SW Hoth Wampa Cave set on clearance @ $29, I grabbed two. LMK if anyone needs it.

Reaction score

rgeezzy said:
many of the kmarts have the SW Hoth Wampa Cave set on clearance @ $29, I grabbed two. LMK if anyone needs it.
Poor Hoth Wampa Set - my area Targets have about 40-50 of these each from their sale last X-mas.

Reaction score

OCWanKenobi said:
i bet the free one does better, even though the actual discount is only 25% versus 33%. free just sounds better.
Don't you have those percentages reversed? The free one is better.

Also, my area is buy one get one 30% off.

Reaction score

vtguru said:
OCWanKenobi said:
Don't you have those percentages reversed? The free one is better.

Also, my area is buy one get one 30% off.
The free one is better. My sentence could have been better.
My percentages were not reversed, just the order in my sentence haha.....

Buy one get one half off is a virtual 25% off both if you buy the same priced item.

Buy two get one free is a virtual 33% off if you buy the same priced item.

Its an 8% difference in savings, but the word "free" always gets good pub. Then again, so does using the 40% coupon at barnes and noble instead.......

Reaction score

Just got a email from TRu for a BOGO half off form June 15th to 18th. It states that it is on ALL LEGO but none of the sets in the picture are SW sets and i didn't see any "details" excluding them either. If it does include SW LEGO I HOPE to get 2 more 10188 sets:) Although i wouldn't be surprised to see that set suddenly sold out when the sale starts

Reaction score

justabigkid said:
Just got a email from TRu for a BOGO half off form June 15th to 18th. It states that it is on ALL LEGO but none of the sets in the picture are SW sets and i didn't see any "details" excluding them either. If it does include SW LEGO I HOPE to get 2 more 10188 sets:) Although i wouldn't be surprised to see that set suddenly sold out when the sale starts
Not sure if you are awake now or not but the death star is included in this sale. I guess $300 per isnt half bad.

Reaction score

Zodach said:
What is the promo code for TRU BOGOHO?
No promo code needed, just put two in your cart and it should deduct half of the lower priced one.

This is the first time in a while that I've seen the bigger sets in stock with this sale

Reaction score

I don't seem to be getting it. Has anyone here been successful in getting the discount applied in their cart?

Reaction score

I have used it successfully. What are you trying to add

Reaction score

Got it. Had to use a different browser. Thanks!

Reaction score

Zodach said:
Got it. Had to use a different browser. Thanks!
When in doubt go to IE, glad you got it.

Looks like Death Star is OOS

Reaction score

So I read the fine print that the online sale started at 9 am EST, went to bed, woke up at 6 am, and all was on sale and everything good was sold out. Did this go live at midnight like I figured?

Reaction score

Crap, wish I'd noticed this earlier. Most of the hoardable sets are out of stock. I did order a couple of the Kingdoms mill village. That will go well with my Medieval Marketplace and the spare will probably shoot up in a couple of years thanks to the rare animals.

Reaction score

The death Satr was still available as of 8 a.m. centrral time but I couldn't add 1 or 2 for that matter to my cart. After several attempts it just showed up as sold out. Curious if it was even available during the sale in the first place.

Reaction score

justabigkid said:
The death Satr was still available as of 8 a.m. centrral time but I couldn't add 1 or 2 for that matter to my cart. After several attempts it just showed up as sold out. Curious if it was even available during the sale in the first place.
It probably wasn't really available, or somebody on the East Coast got them as soon as the sale went live.

Reaction score

I checked the Death Star several days before the sale, and it was available at that time. I'm guessing it just got gobbled up really fast when the sale went live.

Reaction score

The_Chosen_1 said:
I checked the Death Star several days before the sale, and it was available at that time. I'm guessing it just got gobbled up really fast when the sale went live.
It did. I had them in my cart when the sale went live and was able to purchase them. I think they were available for about 45 minutes until you got the changing the quantity message. It still showed you could add to your cart, but it would not go through.

Reaction score

PizzatheHut said:
Use V7T4Y4X at bn.com for 30% off one item, including LEGO. Coupon expires June 27 and can only be used once. Also, free shipping on orders over $25.
Has anyone had any luck using this code lately? I've been trying to use it for the past 10 days to pick up Fallingwater, but keep getting told that I don't yet qualify for the coupon, and then I get referred to the eligibility requirements. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Reaction score

This isnt really a sale but the Endor set popped up on line at the S@H website. My order would not go through online so I called and they said it was low stock. The adviser was able to put the order through.

Update
Now Sold Out.

Reaction score

S@H just sent me an email about items on sale. Except for a few keychains, there's nothing Star Wars, but you might find something else interesting.

Reaction score

I received the LEGO Shop Summer 2011 Catalog in the mail today. The back page includes a 10% off coupon (in store only).

Reaction score

just got mine and I did not have a coupon. Wonder what the criteria was to get a coupon?

Reaction score

vtguru said:
just got mine and I did not have a coupon. Wonder what the criteria was to get a coupon?
I just got my catalog and it did have a coupon on the back cover at the very bottom. There is also a section on the front cover that references the coupon.

Reaction score

Jedi_Eeth_Koth said:
vtguru said:
I just got my catalog and it did have a coupon on the back cover at the very bottom. There is also a section on the front cover that references the coupon.
Me too!

Reaction score

Meat said:
Jedi_Eeth_Koth said:
vtguru said:
Me too!
Me three!

Reaction score

Mofo_Jones said:
Meat said:
Jedi_Eeth_Koth said:
vtguru said:
Me too!
Me three!
Me 4.

Reaction score

ty69 said:
Mofo_Jones said:
Meat said:
Jedi_Eeth_Koth said:
vtguru said:
Me too!
Me three!
Me 4.
And free archery thing over 75 dollars.

Reaction score

TRU is doing BOGOHO again, but SW, POTC and Alien Conquest are excluded. However, I didn't notice this at my local TRU, but online the Cars sets are already 20% off before you take off the additional 50%.