LEGO Star Wars Deals & Discounts Thread

Reaction score
Yes, you read that right... At the Wal*Mart in Wilkesboro, NC, the Lego Jedi Starfighter has been clearanced to $15.00!
I was undecided about paying $20 for this, but at $15, they hit my magic number...

FYI, they also had the Ewok Attack (not for sure about real name) set on clearance for $10 and the Technix R2-D2 on clearance for $15.

Reaction score
Wow; that is amazing to hear of those items going on clearance so fast. My WalMart just put out the E2 Starfighter.

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rmschneider104:
Wow; that is amazing to hear of those items going on clearance so fast. My WalMart just put out the E2 Starfighter.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here... The Jedi Starfighter had only been out here for about 3 weeks. However, the toy department manager of this Wal*Mart makes no bones about quick turnaround of his toys. If something doesn't sell well after a few weeks, he pulls the clearance trigger.

As it was, the Jedi Starfighter just sat on shelves... I don't think that they had even sold a half-dozen since they got them in.

GNT

Reaction score
Hopefully they do the same with the AOTC figures

G

That sounds something like the Wal-Mart near where I live would do. The shuttle and the starfighter are the only Star Wars Legos they're selling! Everything else didn't sell that good so they knocked off five or six dollars and took 'em out! And, the two sneak preview figures of Wessel and Jango Fett i'm guessing have only sold about three each!

Reaction score
WOW! I couldn't believe it when I saw it on FAO Shwarz online site. If only I had a spare $10,000.00
Anybody here planning on getting that set?

Reaction score
c'mon, you gotta post a pic!!!
Or at least a link. I'll go hunting on fao's site.

Reaction score

I've seen this before. Anybody got another pic, esp. one with more detail/larger size? Very impressive, though not 10G impressive.
I would love to see the instructions for this baby though!

Reaction score
Sorry, jedicecil but I was at work, plus I am a computer idiot. I am ashamed to admit that I have to depend on the wife to post a link to a pic.

GNT

Reaction score
Originally posted by jedicecil:
<font size="2" face="arial">It would drive me crazy if I saw the booklet

Reaction score
FAO has been trying to sell this thing for a couple of years now. I remember seeing it in their Christmas 2000 (maybe 2001) wish book.

I guess it's electronic too. Saber lights up and he makes the breathing sound. Don't remember if he talks or not.

Reaction score
thats awesome, is this for real?? is the cape real or is it lego??? that costs 10G's????

Reaction score
Originally posted by jedicecil:
<font size="2" face="arial">If I remember correctly, I think this comes already assembled. If it doesn't, the instruction booklet will probably look like the Yellow Pages.

G

I don't know how close to or in Ohio any of you are, but the local KB Toy Store here in Mansfield, Ohio has made a buyout of some of the old Episode 1 lego sets. Currenty they have the 3-pod Pod racer set, the single pod set (not the anakin, the blue one), Boba Fett's slave I, some small sets (i.e. jedi duel w/Darth Maul and Qui-Gon Jinn), and some Technic stuff (Dreikas, Pit Droid, R2D2 (i think)). All of it is discounted HUGE!!!! The 3-pod Pod racer set is marked down to 34.99 (Originally 89.99).Also, our area Wal-Mart store has 5 Imperial Shuttles and a Tie Fighter left. Just thought I'd let you guys know in case you missed any of them and are close enough to get them. I MAY be able to take a few e-mails and get some for you, but I don't know how much shipping and handling will be.

my e-mail is: jsdlj2002@aol.com

Reaction score
I just got back from a trip to a few local stores, and I turned up a surprise at TRU. They must have found old stock during their inventory, because I got a B-wing and an X-wing (7140), although both were retail price despite being 3 years old. Anyway, this might have just fluke in my area, but maybe not. Check out the stores and see if you can score anything good.

Reaction score
i need an x-wing so bad if i dont get one in a month or so iam going to have to buy it from ebay

Reaction score
a while ago, I found a LandSpeeder .. I got it for 1.90 € !!!

G

I can assure everyone reading that TRU is the BEST place to go at this time to pick up old sets, all be them at full retail, right now. Just as a for instance, I ran across TEN, count 'em: TEN UCS Tantive IV/Blockade Runners at the Baybrook (Clear Lake, Texas) TRU just two weeks ago. While these are still $199.99, they ARE out there, and yes, the employee I spoke to revealed that their new year inventory has lead to the backstock producing some old, awesome stuff. Also, I found clearanced UCS Ties and X-Wings while there as well. More crazy stuff were old Tie Fighters, B-Wings, and Watto's Junkyards. If you have mulitple TRUs in your area and are searching for old sets and don't want to go to ebay, I'd start at retail and check every day and ask around to the employees. I ran across a guy who told me their legos SIT on the shelves in south san antonio, tx and they had the lego falcon this past summer! beat that!

one final word to the guy who didn't want to buy the old lego x-wing on ebay...check shop.lego.com EVERY day. they pop up and disappear quick. it's worth it if you have the patience! they come and go fast, but they have them!

no real stock of clearanced lego here in san antonio at targets. I can't find these $40 gunships you guys talk about. we haven't had gunships here in sa in months. since prolly august.

Reaction score
i couldnt find the clearenced gunships either... But i think I have found all the clearence stuff at target I can... I've been to about 5 or 6 targets (as I travel) and most of the targets clearance section is now almost empty. I wouldn't bother looking anymore

As far as old sets go... I've stumbled upon a few, but nothing major... I'm still waiting for those MF to show up on the shelf at my target
lol

Reaction score
i found a bunch of ewok attack sets for $8 at Zainy Brainy in Plano, Tx. i picked up 4 sets for the mini figs ( i already have 1 set completly put together), and was able to build a pretty cool looking endor bunker (i had to get pretty creative with the pieces). oh and i used the gate from the jedi defence set ($4 at zainy brainy) for the gate on my bunker, and a couple rails from my final duel 2 sets. i'll post pics later.

[ 03-16-2003, 11:54 PM: Message edited by: Noch Vader ]

Reaction score
Cool! Good to hear these are starting to hit the clearance racks! I could always use more Ewoks!

Reaction score
hey nooch, how about a pic of that bunker? and I just got the last ewok attack from zainy brainy (or whatever the hell it's called) in my area.

Reaction score
i don't have a digi cam right now...and i'm waiting for a package from lego inculuding another green paseplate and some plants...when i get that stuff i'll take a pic and show you just the bunker and the whole dioramma.

Reaction score
I've found em for $6. at K-Mart and it wasn't one that was closing...they were jsut on clearance....I actually picked up another today.

Reaction score
I'd like to find them for that cheap, but haven't yet. Although I did find Cloud Cars for $5 at my local K-Mart.

Reaction score
i went to the only kmart around and they were going out of business and didn't have anything but a team alpha set and a life on mars set.

Reaction score
Lego would be the first thing to go at any closing Kmart. My Kmart that is closing brought out about 20 april 23rd cases of figures, now they have about 18 rows of full pegs, and no one has touched the figures.

Reaction score
Went back to the K-Mart and found some Ewok sets marked for $13, but clearanced at $6 and the Jedi Starship for $10. Needless to say I got both of em and may go back for another Ewok set.

Reaction score
heres a pic of the bunker, although it is modified severly from what it was. The exterior is almost identical, it has an interior now and makes use of some better pieces from other sets.

Reaction score
Dropped by at the Paramus Park Mall during the weekend for some Xmas shopping and saw the Lego store. They've got the exclusives; SSD, Cloud City, UCS Snowspeeder in stock. They also had the pick-a-brick which I wasn't too thrilled about the pieces that they had in stock. I just bought a large cup for $12.95 and was surprised with the freebies that they threw in the bag. First was a Lego basketball, a Duplo brick with the name of the store and last but not the least a mini-TIE Fighter!

Almost forgot that they had in store promotions for purchases up to $50 (a small cup pick-a-brick free or some other junioir sets) and $75 above (a large cup pick-a-brick free or other junior sets). My sons tried to convince me to spend more than $75 bucks just so I get the large cup I got for free. They didn't succeed.

So go there if you have the time and I understand that the Palisades Mall in NY also had just opened. I'm not sure whether they have the same deals as the one I went to but it's worth checking out.

Reaction score
Talk about a sweet deal there! The big LEGO store in Chicago didn't have that promotion.

Reaction score
Originally posted by dustrho:
Talk about a sweet deal there! The big LEGO store in Chicago didn't have that promotion.
<font size="2" face="arial">Where is the LEGO store?!?!?!

Reaction score
Originally posted by Durge:
Where is the LEGO store?!?!?!
<font size="2" face="arial">There's a very nice LEGO store at 520 North Michigan, 3rd floor, where Nordstrom's is at. There's also one in the Woodfield shopping mall. That LEGO store in Chicago had a TON of all new stuff, including the new monstrous Snowspeeder and Bespin City set. I was in heaven.

Reaction score
Looks like I'll be heading there soon! Thanks for the info!

Reaction score
Lego kiosk in O.P. Mall had 20% off this past weekend. Might still be going on, don't know. Grabbed me some clearance stuff from Target and KB.