LEGO Star Wars 2020 News and Discussion

Reaction score
Galaxy's Edge Resistance Transport set (which I'm very happy about!).

The biggest head-scratcher is the re-released DS2 Final Duel, basically a rehash of a fairly recent set. Strange...

Ah is that what that ship is. Interesting addition.

I was talking to the Big Beard of LEGO Star Wars about the original Final Duel set last May, saying it was the set that got me looking at LSW again after a 5 year hiatus. He muttered something along the lines that I should be pleased with 2020 but I didn't catch on. Long story short, I picked up 75093 a few weeks ago.

Can I get a "cool story bro"?

Reaction score
So many recent rehashes, upgrades yes but rehashes nonetheless. They could've at least saved the throne room rehash for RotJ 40 anniversary
But yes I am excited for the Resistance transport! Hopefully it sells well and we can get some other little GE sets

Reaction score
Was able to get the Bespin Duel on backorder this morning. 60 day wait in 2020 will be a blink!

Reaction score
I only just found out about that set two days ago. It's already $120 from third-party sellers on Amazon, LEGO was sold out. But for some reason I went to Target.com and was able to order one right then and there. Like Jeremy, must have been good timing because it's sold out again.

Reaction score
I only just found out about that set two days ago. It's already $120 from third-party sellers on Amazon, LEGO was sold out. But for some reason I went to Target.com and was able to order one right then and there. Like Jeremy, must have been good timing because it's sold out again.

Same for me randomly finding it online at Target this morning. I think they held back sets for the Galaxy's Edge merchandise release today.

Reaction score
Looks like my Bespin Duel set has a tracking label!

Reactions: Dax
Reaction score
Put together my Bespin Duel set. I was surprised at how nice the Vader figure is to be honest!

Reaction score
Don't have a lot of Lego, but for the first year I might have to get the Advent Calendar. Some of the mini designs are really cool this year.

Reaction score
Just saw from a Google feed where it takes to appears to be lego.com for instructions to build a Nebulan B set 77904. Is this legit is one coming in a smaller scale that hasn't been announced yet? Seeing was supposed to be a SDCC exclusive.

Reaction score
Just saw from a Google feed where it takes to appears to be lego.com for instructions to build a Nebulan B set 77904. Is this legit is one coming in a smaller scale that hasn't been announced yet? Seeing was supposed to be a SDCC exclusive.

Looks like it's going to be a very limited North America exclusive. Fortunately, it doesn't look like there are any rare pieces besides the plaque so BrickLinking a decent replica should be pretty easy.

Reaction score
Reaction score

Saw these are coming in 2021. I want the X-Wing set for sure.

The Tie Fighter and X-Wing are a smaller scale than some of the more recent models. I think they're aimed at kids that want something swooshable rather than adult collectors. That said, the minifig selection with the X-Wing is strong so I'll probably pick it up once it hits the reduced section.

Reaction score
I was thinking the X-Wing is obviously smaller than the previously released one, but I'm assuming it's bigger than the one they made for younger kids.

Reaction score
Images of the other new sets coming out now:

I was hoping for Endor Han and Luke with the Imperial Shuttle but, looks like we're getting Vader and Luke.

Reaction score
No post for 2021 yet? I guess we cant talk about much but the lego site does have a few items up as coming soon.

Reaction score
There seem to be pretty strong rumors that we'll be getting the UCS Republic Gunship for May 4th, and maybe a UCS AT-AT in the fall.

Reaction score
There seem to be pretty strong rumors that we'll be getting the UCS Republic Gunship for May 4th, and maybe a UCS AT-AT in the fall.

The gunship won a fan vote last year so that's pretty much guaranteed at some point. The second UCS set has also been rumored to be a new Death Star so that one seems a bit more uncertain.

Reaction score
The gunship won a fan vote last year so that's pretty much guaranteed at some point. The second UCS set has also been rumored to be a new Death Star so that one seems a bit more uncertain.

Correct on the fan vote - I'm glad we're getting the set so soon, but I imagine that they had models ready, or almost ready, for production for all of the fan vote options. As for the Death Star, that was the early rumor, but I believe that the sources with better rumor track records are now indicating the AT-AT. But, this early in year, who knows how certain we can be of the November info.

Reaction score
Correct on the fan vote - I'm glad we're getting the set so soon, but I imagine that they had models ready, or almost ready, for production for all of the fan vote options. As for the Death Star, that was the early rumor, but I believe that the sources with better rumor track records are now indicating the AT-AT. But, this early in year, who knows how certain we can be of the November info.

UCS AT-AT would certainly be of more interest than another Death Star. Something like RichboyJhae's MOC would be nice but, it's unlikely to fit into whatever price range Lego has in mind.

Dax

Reaction score
Seems a bit strange that they'd release a UCS AT-AT after not long releasing an updated AT-AT in the regular range. I would hope we'd get something different instead.

Reaction score
How come we don't have a 2021 message yet?
We have the rumor list for 2021 out in various formats.
We have the new listings for several sets on the lego store site.
We have the rumor for the May the 4th in store freebie.
We also have pre-orders for a few sets on the official store site.

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't know why we have a whole forum section for LEGO. There's not enough posts across the various forums to justify it, and it's harder to find discussions and news on Lego. It feels like it was created, and then abandoned.

Reaction score
@Nerfherder
To be completely open and honest, this forum (in the old Lego section) used to be much more active.

My experience is that I was driven away from this page by moderator Jeremy for a number of reasons (none of which had anything to do with me personally). Just the way things were handled.
Now that he seems to have gone, ...again, I am happy to return.
It's been a bit rocky here the last couple years. Most of the regulars seem to have left. I hope this can return to what it was. I used to really enjoy this Lego forum. Lego is booming right now. Other forums are packed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've heard that there would be a gift set for May the Fourth, consisting in a small diorama representing Lars' Homestead, in a similar fashion that sets representing the Battles of Hoth and Endor were offered some years ago. While I don't collect Lego, a friend of mine does, and would be interested in this set. Do you know if this would be easy to get and/or how it would be possible to acquire it ? Could it be bought afterwards through the Lego Shop, or is it only possible through other platforms (ebay/bricklink/others) ?

Reaction score
I've heard that there would be a gift set for May the Fourth, consisting in a small diorama representing Lars' Homestead, in a similar fashion that sets representing the Battles of Hoth and Endor were offered some years ago. While I don't collect Lego, a friend of mine does, and would be interested in this set. Do you know if this would be easy to get and/or how it would be possible to acquire it ? Could it be bought afterwards through the Lego Shop, or is it only possible through other platforms (ebay/bricklink/others) ?

That's the same rumor I've heard about the May 4th GWP (Gift With Purchase), and a couple blurry photos floating around seem to corroborate that. With these promos, the only place to get it will be directly from Lego - online or in their stores. Usually you have to buy anywhere between $80 and $150 in Star Wars items, and you get the set for free. I'm guessing you'll need to buy $100 - $120 to get this one.

If you don't want to spend the money, you can buy the set itself on the secondary market, like Ebay or Bricklink. I'm guessing the price will settle in at $30 - $40. Lego has rereleased some Star Wars GWP's of this type in the past year - they pop up unexpectedly as an unannounced GWP on some random weekend. I don't know if Lego has ever directly sold this type of GWP, but they have done that with some of the Holiday GWP's, usually making them available sometime during the summer.

Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge, the GWPs have never been available for cash outside of the secondary market. They're generally pretty easy to get but, a lot of the stuff that's worth buying to activate the promo goes out of stock quickly so you want to make your purchase ASAP.

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't know why we have a whole forum section for LEGO. There's not enough posts across the various forums to justify it, and it's harder to find discussions and news on Lego. It feels like it was created, and then abandoned.

I was organising this area of the forums to be more consistent with the other sections. There's a section called LSW Discussions (which is where you are reading this) where you can find current find discussions and news - assuming anyone is actually posting anything. It's pretty much the same as the old LEGO area. The other sections are just for archival purposes, and to make the LEGO area less cluttered. Some topics had 10 or 20 threads because too few people used the search feature, and just started a new one instead of finding an old one. I, along with another forum member, spent 4 months getting it all sorted out. Abandoned, yes, I guess. I am no longer associated with the management of Rebelscum, and no longer have the time to be involved in the forums.

My experience is that I was driven away from this page by moderator Jeremy for a number of reasons (none of which had anything to do with me personally). Just the way things were handled.

My memory is different. I recall that you took umbrage that you couldn't post leaked images after Rebelscum got Recognized LEGO Fan Media status, and you disagreed with having a single discussion thread about fake LEGO. I also remember you sending me personal messages trying to persuade me to quit moderating and leave the forums again.

Now that he seems to have gone, ...again, I am happy to return.
It's been a bit rocky here the last couple years. Most of the regulars seem to have left. I hope this can return to what it was. I used to really enjoy this Lego forum. Lego is booming right now. Other forums are packed.

If you want more say in how the forums are run then put your hand up to be a moderator, and if you want to get them going again then get discussions going, promote them to other people, get Rebelscum on the LEGO map again... the kind of stuff that I did for +10 years. It's all yours "Hutt", if you want to put the effort in.

Reaction score
So we are getting a 2021 thread then? I assumed the moderator(s) moved on, had a real life incident... I'm sure some of it is lack of product to get excited for, at least for me. The new(ish) portraits, helmets and kid kits just don't catch my attention enough to order or stand in line.

Reaction score
So we are getting a 2021 thread then? I assumed the moderator(s) moved on, had a real life incident...

You can create your own. Go up one level and click on the orange Post Thread button. There's no reason to wait for mods to do it.