LEGO Star Wars 2020 News and Discussion

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on the UCS Star Destroyer just now. I wanted to go pick it up in store but wouldn't get a chance for a couple weeks. But perhaps I'll use the VIP Points I amassed from this purchase for the Tantive IV or something when I do get there.

Reaction score
Not seeing a Lego acquisitions topic...

Picked up a couple of the Poe X-wing polybags from Walmart

Reaction score
Any word on what we should expect for the traditional big set this May?

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea when the next Double VIP Points event is going to be?
There's a rumour one is planned for the end of March. Nothing more than that though.

Any word on what we should expect for the traditional big set this May?
Nope. Just this paragraph I penned:

April will also see the build-up to May the 4th Be With You - because LEGO are the true torch bearers of International Star Wars Day - with word of coming promotions and teases of the annual LEGO exclusive/direct-to-consumer set. Past sets have included 75144 Snowspeeder (2017), 75181 Y-Wing Starfighter (2018) and 75244 Tantive IV (2019) - and with fan attention being directed to TESB40 it's within the realm of possibility that LEGO will meet expectations. Collectors can also anticipate a polybag and an exclusive gift with purchase from LEGO branded/online stores. Sadly, because these will be LEGO branded store exclusives, none of this will be on show at New York Toy Fair next month so what set 75275 is what fans will get for the rumoured $200 price tag will remain unknown for some months.

The May GWP is cool though. Don't ask because I can't tell you.

Reaction score
New 501st Legion Clone Troopers set coming in August.

Ever since the 501st Legion - aka Vader's Fist - made their first appearance on the steps of the Jedi Temple in Revenge of the Sith their depiction in LEGO has been on the top of many collectors wants list.

And now LEGO, after much vociferous (and, at times, obnoxious) pressure from the fan base, LEGO has made their wishes come true with 75280 501st Legion Clone Troopers, which is slated for release on August 1st and comes with a $29.99 price tag.

According to Starwars.com who co-shared the scoop with The LEGO Group's Twitter page, the 285 piece set (which has already garnered more than a score of self-congratulatory "we did it" posts from the #WeWantA501stBattlepack cheer squad) will feature:
  • The AT-RT Walker, with a new color scheme, posable legs, a stud shooter, attachment points for a blaster and electrobinoculars element
  • The BARC Speeder, featuring two stud shooters
  • Five Four LEGO minifigures: Three 501st Clone Troopers and a 501st Jet Trooper, plus two Battle Droid LEGO action figures.
Fans of the LEGO sets based on animated The Clone Wars TV series will recognise the AT-RT as similar to the one released last year as part of 75261 Clone Scout Walker – 20th Anniversary Edition and the BARC Speeder which was last seen in the long retired 75037 Battle on Saleucami, released in 2014.

Reaction score
When... May 4th?

What... current rumour is an A-wing. (I have no proof or inside knowledge though)

Reaction score
I heard there was a photo of a new A-Wing pilot floating around, possibly (hopefully) lending credence to the UCS rumor

Reaction score
I heard there was a photo of a new A-Wing pilot floating around, possibly (hopefully) lending credence to the UCS rumor
There is. Feel free to talk about it here if you want. No links or pics.

Reaction score
There is. Feel free to talk about it here if you want. No links or pics.
No worries, Jeremy. I'm happy to wait a few weeks for the reveal of the May the 4th set. A UCS A-Wing is long overdue. When the A-Wing and the AT-AT were not options on the recent vote-for-the-next-UCS-set thing, in my opinion, that was implicit confirmation that those two long-requested sets are on TLG's schedule...somewhere.

Reaction score
I know it is not officially mentioned yet, but I'm really looking forward to the rumored AT-AT.

Reaction score
I know it is not officially mentioned yet, but I'm really looking forward to the rumored AT-AT.
To be fair, I haven't heard any substantive rumors about this. It just seems to make sense. That said, while I would love to see this set released for the 40th anniversary of ESB, it seems like an awful big UCS set to release on the heels of the ISD last year. Maybe they'll do it this year anyway, but I wouldn't be shocked to see it released in 2021.

Reaction score
Any news on how many VIP points the BOOST Droid Commander Polybag will cost? I was just about to buy one when I saw they would be available again. Luckily I waited! Thanks!!

Reaction score
No, nothing yet. Hopefully nowhere near the current $250 average that this polybag is going for on Bricklink!

Reaction score
Thanks. Hopefully, it is around the "$5 off you next purchase" amount or 650 points. It's a polybag after all!?

Reaction score
I haven't used the new VIP system - in fact I haven't used the previous system either.

The last VIP programme I took part in was the old coffee shop style card that got stamped every $X. That system got retired not long after the UCS Falcon came out on a double VIP points day. I cashed all the points I racked up then and whatever got leftover went into a gift card (which expired before I could use it).

Can I get a "cool story, bro"?

Reaction score
Any news on how many VIP points the BOOST Droid Commander Polybag will cost? I was just about to buy one when I saw they would be available again. Luckily I waited! Thanks!!

1,350 VIP points.
It gives you a code to add to any order that is good for 60 days. I am hopeful my order went through correctly. The checkout process seemed to accept my code but at the end I received no confirmation the order will include the Boost Droid set.

Reaction score
The email receipt took awhile to send. It had confirmation of the Boost Droid set.

Reaction score
A friend in the UK and one in the US managed one each. A few in continental Europe managed it too.

But they sold out very, very quickly.

Reaction score
Question. Is the UCS Falcon finally out of stock for good or just on back order? I have been waiting for a double points day to get it and being locked up in the house I decided it didn't matter and I would just get it but now it seems I missed the bus.

Reaction score
I'm seeing that it's listed as "Temporarily Out of Stock", so it'll be back. With everyone stuck at home these days, it's probably seeing a hot streak in sales at the moment.

Reaction score
Question. Is the UCS Falcon finally out of stock for good or just on back order? I have been waiting for a double points day to get it and being locked up in the house I decided it didn't matter and I would just get it but now it seems I missed the bus.
I've got an unopened set, still in its shipping container, that I don't plan to build any time soon. Happy to sell it to you if you want.

Reaction score
Just got an order in for the UCS A-Wing, w/ bonus Death Star II minibuild and Droid Builder polybag redemption code.

All in all, I'm really disappointed with this year's May the 4th event. Not a single set on sale here in U.S.

Reaction score
I ended up pre-ordering the Razorcrest to get the DSII set and double points

And I am excited for the AT-AT since I regret not picking up the last one

Reaction score
Just ordered the UCS A-Wing, UCS Star Destroyer, 20th Anniversary Slave I, and all 3 Helmets. It's telling me that USD won't ship for 60 days, which is fine, because this is a lot of money to lay out at a time like this, even though I sold a bunch of stuff to cover it all.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If anyone somehow gets a spare Death Star II mini set and want to sell, hit me up. There is nothing I want to buy at the moment (picked up the UCS Star Destroyer at the start of the year) so I need to get the mini set another way.

I'm excited about the AT-AT announcement. I'll be picking one up for sure. I have 87% of the pieces on hand to build the Plus Size AT-AT but decided not to go through with it. Now I have an abundance of grey and dark grey pieces that I don't know what to do with. :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
A new and surprising LEGO theme has been revealed at Brickset - Brick Sketches launches with two Batman and two Star Wars characters

Described as "quick, easy and satisfying builds" by Brickset in their advance reveal, these multi-layered, low relief portraits are the handiwork of LEGO designer Chris McVeigh who came up with the concept after seeing trading card artists sharing sketch cards.

Originating in the early 90s the first sketch cards were passed around between artists, agents and publishers as a form of business card/resume, and by the end of the decade they were being included as professionally printed chase cards in trading card sets. The early 2000s saw an explosion in their popularity and they were soon produced as trading card series in their own right, allowing artists to experiment with style and material without having to go jump over licensing hurdles.

Before he started work at LEGO, this illustrator and LEGO enthusiast designed a huge range of these interesting character portraits that became so popular that he started taking commissions.

In the introduction included with the Brick Sketch instructions, McVeigh shares that it was difficult to set his signature concept aside when he started working for LEGO in 2018. Happily now these plate-based pieces of artwork will be available, priced US$19.99/€19.99, exclusively though LEGO.com on July 15th.

Could this be a soft-launch of the yet-to-be-officially-confirmed 18+ mosaic series, which is expected to include a Star Wars, that are expected later this year?

Reaction score
New set images have leaked on Instagram!

Quite a few surprises, including the Galaxy's Edge Resistance Transport set (which I'm very happy about!). Also glad that the new Clone Wars season isn't being ignored, albeit only represented in one set.

The biggest head-scratcher is the re-released DS2 Final Duel, basically a rehash of a fairly recent set. Strange...