LEGO Star Wars 2019 News and Discussion

Reaction score
Walmart had the 20th Anniversary display out yesterday. Picked up the Slave I (for Zuckuss) & Snowspeeder (for Lando, whom I don't have minifig of). Don't need or want the rest.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
April sets available online - click on a thumbnail to jump.

20th Anniversary

Resistance

Playsets

Action Battle

Last edited:
Reaction score
April sets available online - click on a thumbnail to jump.

20th Anniversary

Resistance

Playsets

Action Battle

it's a very strange assortment of the Lego to release with the Anniversary sets. the only one that I'm interested in is the Slave 1. the rest of the stuff is meh at best. I'm liking the look of the Resistance stuff but those "action battle" sets looks weird and hold very little appeal to me. easy passes as is the Starkiller Base set

Reaction score
Ordered all of them except for the action battle sets, I'll wait until those go on clearance.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Plan on eventually picking up the red Resistance Tie, Slave 1, and Snowspeeder. Might get the Hoth action sets if I ever see them on clearance or a good reduced price.

Reaction score
Saw them all except Slave-1 at Target today. Didn’t pull the trigger on any. None said get me today.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Pretty sure that's what he's saying -- they had all of the sets (including 20th anniversary) except for Slave I.

Reaction score
I found them on Target.com and ordered for pickup at a local store. I went to get them with no trouble, but went back to check to see if they were on the floor yet, and nowhere to be found. I asked a guy that was working in the department, and after a little perusing on his handheld device, he said that they had them but there was no place scheduled to put them. So, it never ceases to amaze me that stores get brand new items, and don't put them out for whatever reason.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Over the last couple of days I've been to six or so Targets and have seen such a wide variety of LSW20 sets, but not once have I seen all of them in one place or a dedicated display like the one shown on the front page.

Reaction score
Where are the rebelscum Lego affiliate links? I plan on getting the Tantive IV and maybe also the Slave 1 20th anniversary set for double VIP points on May the 4th.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Ppweeduk, thanks for you question. You can check the main page - there are all kinds of links to shop@home there or you can post or PM me your wants list.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Ppweeduk, thanks for you question. You can check the main page - there are all kinds of links to shop@home there or you can post or PM me your wants list.

Asking here because I am having an epic fail trying to find any shop@home links on the main page.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
We don't have an ad button/banner/graphic up. You need to go to the articles/news posts about the sets you are looking for.

It's probably easier to post in here.

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this. I missed out on the last OT A-Wing and have been wanting one to go with my Rebellion/Resistance fighters.

I see they are giving Kylo Ren's shuttle another go.

I'm interested to see how the new Millennium Falcon will compare with the last couple of releases. It's around 20 pieces more than the 75105 (TFA) version.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I see they are giving Kylo Ren's shuttle another go.
Now that the new teaser trailer is out I'd hazard a guess that this is a different shuttle to the TFA one.

Reaction score
Zori and new R5. Beautiful!

Edited by admin - no photos of leaks. You're free to discuss them but please do not post the pics on the Rebelscum forums.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
^yup. lots of pics there.

saved me a whole lot of typing too

Reaction score
That black packaging is really sharp. Almost as nice as the current 20th anniversary packaging.

Had higher hopes for the Yoda bust. Those eyes are just weird...

Reaction score
I easily could have missed hearing about this but I was surprised that the AT-ST is the Mandalorian set.

Reaction score
Looks like I will be saving lots of money, none of those scream "buy me!" but agree that the packaging is pretty sharp. There will probably some spoiler filled post movies sets that will interest me though

Reaction score
They pulled the photos by the time I tried to see this.

I might get the new Kylo Ren shuttle after skipping the poorly executed one from TFA. The A-Wing and Mandalorian sets are the other two that interest me. Otherwise I am waiting for the next UCS set.

Reaction score
Looks like I will be saving lots of money, none of those scream "buy me!" but agree that the packaging is pretty sharp. There will probably some spoiler filled post movies sets that will interest me though
ALL the bad guy figures are in the shuttle: Ren, 2 Knights of Ren, Sith Trooper, Stormtrooper, the new bad General I can't think of his name now - and from the looks of it they just removed the 'extra' bits of the bottom of the wings and it's the same model - of course probably at least $20 more. Thank God for ebay. I'll probably pick up the new imperial and the knights. You know there will be a Sith Trooper in a BP in January guaranteed.

Reaction score
They pulled the photos by the time I tried to see this.
KNEW that was going to happen! I just checked the Instagram site by chance this morning and got to the images. Good thing I saved them to look at closely when I get home.

Reaction score
I like the A-Wing. I think that's the one I'll pick up. The green looks really nice. That's one thing this assortmen has going for it, color. Too many Force Awakens, Rogue One, and Last Jedi sets were just masses of gray. The red really pops on that speeder and that Y-Wing. I usually will pick up whatever set is cheapest on Force Friday. I really liked the Resistance Transport Pod from Last Jedi. Turning that wheel on the back to spin the cannon on the side is so addicting and turning that wheel on the side to fire missiles is also fun.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Interesting that the Y-wing, piloted by Zorri Bliss, is known as a Resistance Y-wing. Makes me wonder if she is a merc or a spy.

Reaction score
The lack of a Leia minifig has me royally peeved. We still never got one for The Last Jedi? :confused:

Last edited:

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The lack of a Leia minifig has me royally peeved. We still never got one for The Last Jedi? :confused:
Royally peeved, because she is a Princess?

It's odd that there hasn't been an updated Leia minifig. I wonder if the reason is all LEGO or has something to do with Disney/LFL.

Reaction score
Yep. My pun was very deliberate. It’s super annoying! Especially as they made a cartoon version of her Episode 8 look for their ad campaigns...

Last edited:

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
From the Rebelscum front page:

Typically the lifespan of a LEGO set is around two years - or three-ish for Ultimate Collector Series sets - and collectors have had to rely on experienced guesswork and sites like Retiring Sets and the retiring soon page at LEGO.com.

This time around Rebelscum has been given a list of retirement dates, and while they haven't come from an official source we feel comfortable declaring them as accurate and truthful.

December 2019

75200 Ahch-To Island Training
75230 Porg
75259 Snowspeeder (20th Anniversary)
75208 Yoda's Hut
75222 Betrayal at Cloud City
75226 Inferno Squad Battle Pack
75225 Elite Praetorian Guard Battle Pack
75261 Clone Scout Walker (20th Anniversary)
75218 X-Wing Starfighter
75199 General Grievous Combat Speeder
75221 Imperial Landing Craft
75247 Rebel A-Wing Starfighter (4+)
75224 Sith Infiltrator Microfighter
75233 Droid Gunship
75229 Death Star Escape
75228 Escape Pod vs Dewback Microfighter
75262 Imperial Dropship (20th Anniversary)
75238 Endor Assault (Action Battle)
75223 Naboo Starfighter Microfighter

July 2020

75234 AT-AP Walker
75214 Anakin's Jedi Starfighter
75237 TIE Fighter Attack (4+)

December 2020

75235 X-Wing Starfighter Trench Run (4+)
75244 Tantive IV
75242 Black Ace TIE Interceptor
75240 Major Vonreg's TIE Fighter
75258 Anakin's Podracer (20th Anniversary)
75239 Hoth Generator Attack (Action Battle)
75159 Death Star
75220 Sandcrawler
75236 Duel on Starkiller Base
75243 Slave I (20th Anniversary)
75192 Millennium Falcon
75251 Darth Vader's Castle
75241 Echo Base Defense (Action Battle)

December 2021

75253 Droid Commander (Boost)​
However you chose to use this information remember that helping the community by not scalping/hording sets is a good motive, and making the occasional purchase through the links to LEGO.com that we provide help us to maintain the site.

http://rebelscum.com/story/lego/Nothing_Lasts_For_Ever_LEGO_Retiring_Star_Wars_Sets_185078.asp

Last edited:
Reaction score
Damn Jeremy! That headline nearly gave me a heart attack when I saw it on the home page just now. My first thought was that Lego is discontinuing Star Wars sets altogether. :wtf:

Last edited:

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I've had a couple of similar comments. So you're not the only one.