LEGO Star Wars 2019 News and Discussion

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You should try Bricklink - all the sellers are vetted and only list original LEGO parts (plus some Brickarms).

It won't be cheap though.

Reaction score
In all the informed speculation and leaks for this year's sets I do not remember anything about what UCS sets we should expect. Last year both the Y-wing and Cloud City sets were known well ahead of time.

Reaction score
Current rumors for the UCS sets are a Tantive-IV in May, and an Imperial Star Destroyer in October. Both would be rehashes, but I'm holding out hope that the ISD will be a nice upgrade from the original. I do think they make a nice pair for the 20th anniversary of SW Lego.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Cloud City sets were known well ahead of time.
I disagree. There was nothing known about this "well ahead" of its release. It was only when a couple of the set's minifigs leaked a month or two early that we had inklings, and even then no-one knew what the set was.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well,if the old ISD prices drops like the old UCS Falcon did when LEGO released 75192 then you might find the original becomes affordable.

Reaction score
Current rumors for the UCS sets are a Tantive-IV in May, and an Imperial Star Destroyer in October. Both would be rehashes, but I'm holding out hope that the ISD will be a nice upgrade from the original. I do think they make a nice pair for the 20th anniversary of SW Lego.
If that's true, the Star Destroyer would be worth getting, but that Tantive IV that came out back in 2011-12 was pretty high quality already.

Reaction score
Well,if the old ISD prices drops like the old UCS Falcon did when LEGO released 75192 then you might find the original becomes affordable.
I'll just buy the new version during a Double VIP Points event at the LEGO Shop, just like I did with the UCS Falcon a few months ago. Gotta got them points. ;)

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Rumour has it that the next LSW Advent Calendar will have a festive porg with red wings[FONT=Whitney, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif].[/FONT]

Reaction score
I actually really like this set. I'm a sucker for playset-style sets, and I love the vignette look.

Reaction score
Yeah, while I've been passing on them, I do like these new vignette-type sets, like this one and the Death Star Escape, and hope LEGO continues sets in this style for $20-$30.

Reaction score
While I have no intention of playing, give it 3 months, these will reduce in price and I may pick up the smaller sets. Did they REALLY need to do 2 Hoth sets? I am SO tired of Hoth! And these should be $20. Split them in Imperial/First Order and Rebel/Resistance. This had potential, but I think Lego overpriced them.

Reaction score
While I have no intention of playing, give it 3 months, these will reduce in price and I may pick up the smaller sets. Did they REALLY need to do 2 Hoth sets? I am SO tired of Hoth! And these should be $20. Split them in Imperial/First Order and Rebel/Resistance. This had potential, but I think Lego overpriced them.
Yeah maybe if they get cheap enough I’ll pick them up for the figures

Reaction score
New Leia sculpt leaked which, alongside Captain Antilles, gives real substance to the Tantive IV rumour!

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
 perfectly happy for you to believe it’s not there if you want.
You're showing your youth, this is one of the oldest phrases on the internet.

It doesn't mean he doesn't actually disbelieve the existence of the pics. It's just a way of asking for them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You're showing your youth, this is one of the oldest phrases on the internet.

It doesn't mean he doesn't actually disbelieve the existence of the pics. It's just a way of asking for them.
I wish I was youthful, and I’m more than familiar with the phrase but it was out of place here and not appreciated. I was trying to share some information, I won’t bother next time

Reaction score
It seems like it's more about it being obvious that it didn't need to be questioned. Many Lego fans check instagram Lego leaks frequently. We had seen it before it was mentioned here...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Most people probably do check #legoleaks regularly, I do but I posted on the likelihood that not everyone does. If everyone gets their updates and info elsewhere and there’s no need to share it here then what’s the point of this thread?

This obviously isn’t the forum I thought it was, I was just looking to discuss the upcoming sets but I’ll find somewhere else to do that then. Best of luck with your collecting everyone and try and enjoy it.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not sure why you are leaving. No one was doubting the validity or sincerity of your post about the minifigs. You are welcome to discuss new sets here, but we ask that leaked images aren't posted.

These forums haven't ever been a place to share leaked pics, so this isn't a change in direction. It wasn't so much a rule but a practice because there's plenty of other places that share leaks. I just iterated it to make it clear. Besides which, as a Recognised LEGO Fan Media site we can't share leaked images now anyway, which is why the front page leak stories have dried up.

FWIW I never check instagram for #legoleaks. Ever. So anything that pops up there is off my radar.

Reaction score
@stowy that's definitely an overreaction. I was backing you up. It's fine to discuss leaks, that's what the forum is for...it was the questioning the validity of them that shouldn't have happened. I'm surprised a Lego fan hadn't heard about them or seen them when you brought it up (there were already discussions going on about it on other Lego forums).
Also, @ Jeremy, I know you are kind of new to modding and being active here. For years this was a safe place to share leaked pictures that was under the radar of Lego/Disney while other sites would get C&D notifications. That is one of the negatives of the increased activity of posting Lego on the front page.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
PM sent, this thread is veering away from LSW discussion so let's get it back on track OK?

Reaction score
There are reports of the 20th sets showing up at target. Anyone see anything yet?

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
There are reports of the 20th sets showing up at target. Anyone see anything yet?
Do you mean the polybags? These have been reported in Target but I haven't seen anything on the sets yet - apart from one FB seller in Poland who has them.

Reaction score
One of the youtube guys has them he said was sent to him by a friend who got them at a target in Texas?. Take it as you will. They will be everywhere shortly.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
April 2nd is the "official" shelf date but, yeah, that never happens.

My review sets are on their way from LEGO - embargo date is over a week away but YouTube and the Book of Face will have plenty of pics and opinions, but none of the Recognised Fan Media SItes can post anything until the embargo date has passed. Such a First World problem.

Reaction score
I wish we’d get a new minifig poly bag. And where the heck is a Leia from the Last Jedi? Grrrrrr.