LEGO Star Wars 2019 News and Discussion

Reaction score
Need two of those Praetorian sets to make the full complement of 8 for the Throne Room set.

Reaction score
Interesting story, Jeremy, about the idea of a Star Wars CMF line in May. I hadn't thought of that, though the design behind the silhouetted minifigure in the ad you referenced does have an Imperial/First Order look to it. I would love to believe that a Star Wars CMF series is coming, but I've also been reading rumors that the May CMF release is Disney Series 2. Now, in theory, that wouldn't essentially mean it couldn't be a Star Wars wave, but there's been quite a bit of talk/conjecture of a series similar to the 1st Disney CMF series, to go along with the rumored D2C Disney set (71044) coming later this year. As this is all rumor, I'll hold out hope that we get a Star Wars series. After all, I don't know how much of a "surprise" another Disney series would be.

Reaction score
I bought 2 of those LSW minifigure sets though Star Wars Insider magazine in 2000.
The Insider wasn't mentioned as a purchasing source on the front page.

Reaction score
Interesting story, Jeremy, about the idea of a Star Wars CMF line in May.
Thanks mate. I'm on the fence about the next series being LSW, but the circumstantial evidence certainly doesn't indicate that it's not.

Hopefully the "surprise" part of the graphic will prove true because, as you say, a second Disney series wouldn't muster a raised eyebrow from anyone.

Reaction score
Jeremy, what was the leaked minifigure from summer 2018 that you mentioned in the article?

GNT

Reaction score
Saw a lot of the new 2019 sets yesterday, Death Star Escape is on the buy list for sure.

Reaction score
My guess/hope for this years UCS... A big AT-AT. There have been quite a few At-Ats but I think the biggest was just about 1,200 pieces. A 4,000 piece AT-AT would be fun.

Reaction score
My guess/hope for this years UCS... A big AT-AT. There have been quite a few At-Ats but I think the biggest was just about 1,200 pieces. A 4,000 piece AT-AT would be fun.
A 4000 piece AT-AT would be fun but with the Star Wars tax, it'll be out of most buyer's budgets. Sadly, that's why I don't think we'll ever see one.

Reaction score
A 4000 piece AT-AT would be fun but with the Star Wars tax, it'll be out of most buyer's budgets. Sadly, that's why I don't think we'll ever see one.
It bemuses me when I read comments like this. We're talking about LEGO, an immensely customisable construction toy with a huge community of people who share their designs. I know that it's convenient to go to the toy store and get a box full of the necessary parts, but there are several other ways to get the sets you want!

Reaction score
It bemuses me when I read comments like this. We're talking about LEGO, an immensely customisable construction toy with a huge community of people who share their designs. I know that it's convenient to go to the toy store and get a box full of the necessary parts, but there are several other ways to get the sets you want!
I agree but a big bulk of the general public or general Lego fan are not aware of MOC's and how to buy specific pieces to build a MOC. I know a lot of us here know about Bricklink, but ask a normal Joe and they're not going to know.

On a side note, is the Cavegod UCS AT-AT the one to build? To be honest, I'm a huge UCS Star Wars guy, but I've never researched MOC's before.

Reaction score
Yes the cavegod version is probably the most commonly used but understand before you build it that it is extremely unstable....Don't bump the table type of unstable.

The possibility of a ucs at at gets brought up half a dozen times a year at least on multiple forums. Most people who are active in the community are aware that Lego reps commented about a UCS at at a handful of years back and said that they have tried multiple designs and it doesn't pass legos standards. Primarily because of the stability. The chances one gets made are slim to none based on the info we have been given in the past.

Last edited:

Dax

Reaction score
For Aussie Lego fans, I just saw most of the new sets at Myer today and they have a sale right now, spend more than $50 on Lego and get 20% off. Damn good opportunity to pick up the new items at a great price. Be aware though, there are lots of Lego items excluded from this, UCS Death Star and Falcon, Harry Potter, Creator and a couple of other items. Still, shouldn't be hard to hit the $50 mark!

Reaction score
It's really too bad that they've had such difficulty with the stability of a UCS AT-AT, as that is certainly a set I'd like to have. I've considered buying the cavegod instructions, but I've heard the same things about the fragile nature of the set. Hopefully someone at Lego will come up with a solution one day. Currently, it seems we're faced with ongoing rehashes of previous UCS sets, though I have to admit that I don't own the previous UCS versions of the Tantive IV or the ISD, so I'm kinda looking forward to those this year (assuming the rumors are true).

I do hope they get back to some original content with the UCS line in the coming years. I would really like an A-Wing to finish off the rebel fleet, and I hope Lego saw all the support that Hasbro got for a 3 3/4" scaled Sail Barge. That set would do great with the UCS treatment. Beyond that, you've got plenty of Lego fans now who grew up with the PT and TCW animated series, and I really think there are some solid options in there for UCS sets. A Republic Gunship would do great, and I would be interested to see a series of UCS sets that could interact similar to the system sets that Lego did several years ago. Come out with a Dropship, AT-TE and AT-OT along with that Gunship - I'd sign up for all of those. I think a Venator Class Cruiser would be really great, and as a Maul fan, I'd like to have a proper Sith Infiltrator. And the list goes on... With all the (improved?) rehashes that Lego is doing, it's a shame that we're missing out on opportunities for new creations.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I know it is a little off-topic but what about the Star Wars Series 1 minifigures? I heard some rumours about this.. any chance it could be real?

Reaction score
I don't think it is real but I hope it is real.

Rumour has it that it is Disney series 2. That's hardly a surprise.

Reaction score
Not to be an ***, but isn’t Star Wars part of Disney......hmmmm....

Reaction score
Not to be an ***, but isn’t Star Wars part of Disney......hmmmm....

You make a salient point - LEGO could say it's a Disney series and then go "ha ha, we got you" when the big reveal showed them to be Star Wars.

I like it.

Reaction score
Yes the cavegod version is probably the most commonly used but understand before you build it that it is extremely unstable....Don't bump the table type of unstable.
I appreciate the info. Kind of surprising and not. Not surprising because it's literally a big rectangular box sitting on four stilts. Surprising because you would think the person who designed it would address it somehow. Maybe that could be the biggest reason Lego hasn't tried tackling it?

Reaction score
I built my own using rich boy Jae’s great plans as a starter. I don’t think the stability issues can be fixed properly for lego to actually put on the market. I’m afraid to put the legs on for fear it will fall.

Reaction score
I am now looking forward to many of these! Can’t wait to see the figures.

Reaction score
I'm seeing some new Disney minfigs and SW minifigs that haven't been attributed to any sets yet, so who knows!

Reaction score
I think i'll just be in for the snowspeeder from this lot and hope the upcoming Hoth / Endor and unknown UCS sets are good!

Reaction score
I think i'll just be in for the snowspeeder from this lot and hope the upcoming Hoth / Endor and unknown UCS sets are good!
Although having read more about the Hoth and Endor sets, I think they are easy passes.

Reaction score
Well, we FINALLY get Zuckuss, so I'll have to get yet another Slave I (already have the UCS & the 2011 version) to complete the Bounty Hunters. Can't say I'm thrilled that 4-LOM is also included, mainly because I paid for a loose on on ebay last year. The Snowspeeder is worth picking up, too, just for the Lando mini-fig, as I have no desire to get Cloud City. If the UCS isn't the A-Wing, to complete the quartet of Rebel ships, or a Star Destroyer, then I'll likely have to pass on whatever it is. Now, do we know when these are supposed to actually be released?

Reaction score
There is still no word for a 'Series 1 - Star Wars minifigures' is there?
LEGO has confirmed that there will be an 18 minifig series in May but not said what. The suspicion is that it's a new Disney one.

Reaction score
On the offchance there's someone interested in our coverage, please feel free to hit up the link below.

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/LEGO_Nuremberg_Toy_Fair_Reveals_182975.asp
Thanks for the info. Not thrilled that in order to get Zuckuss, I basically have to buy the same set I already got 7 years ago. With all the bootlegs, not sure I want to chance ebay for just the minifig, so maybe my son'll want the set (minus the Gand, of course - I'm keeping him, LOL). From the pic, I thought it was a smaller, cheaper version of the Slave I similar to the last A-Wing and Tie Fighter that came out.