LEGO Star Wars 2019 News and Discussion

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
With new movies and TV series being release there is seemingly no end in sight and with the license's first major milestone occuring in less than a year it's time to wonder what LEGO has in store for us.

Thankfully brother Brick Fanatics have come to the rescue with a report that states LEGO may release a selection of 20th anniversary sets next year:

the LEGO Group will release a special range of sets to commemorate the two decade long Star Wars theme. As well as the usual January launch, an April wave of sets will feature special nostalgic 20th anniversary packaging, using the original LEGO Star Wars logo. Each box will contain a collectible minifigure that replicates the original, yellow faced LEGO Star Wars designs. The sets are expected to be based on vehicles and locations from across the saga.

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/LEGO_XXth_Anniversary_Rumours_181665.asp

GNT

Reaction score
Newer versions of the original sets with the old Logo would've been good to see. Wow can't believe the line has been going that long.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
With the 20th anniversary of the LEGO SW line AND The Phantom Menace happening next year does that make the Jar Jar minifig 40?

Reaction score
I've got high hopes for the 20th anniversary sets. I can't believe it's been 20 years. At this rate, I'll be buying Star Wars Lego with my Social Security checks. :p

Reaction score
I was talking to a friend’s child last night about LEGO sets and he commented that he had some of the original sets from 20 years ago that his parents bought him used. Made me wonder if they had bought any of mine when I stopped collecting them, the first time, about 6 years ago and sold them all on eBay.

Reaction score
I hope there’s better offered than original yellow figures. Does not appeal to me at all.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The 60th anniversary mini builds that LEGO ran earlier this year were very popular - maybe they'll do some midiscale 1999 sets with an exclusive minifig?

At this point I have absolutely no idea what's planned.

Reaction score
I’d love to see a Lar’s Homestead. And also a (groan from everybody else) Cantina playset with Walrus Man and Snaggletooth. Suggestion: an all new Cantina Battle pack with Evazan and a bar section would be cool.... Also might be interested in a Yavin set if done right... Ceremonial Leia please!

Reaction score
I really think they ought to just to a SW themed minifigure series. It's a good way to get figures we otherwise likely wouldn't like Evazan, Ponda, and Hammerhead.

Reaction score
Here’s to hoping...and Rebellions are built on hope.

I’m trying to stay positive about the releases for the anniversary of the theme, unfortunately LEGO has dropped the brick on more than one occasion. Having said that, I can think of a set or two from every episode that I would enjoy...

Episode I - Jedi Council Chamber
Epispde II - Clone Trooper training area on Kamino with Mandalorian Instructors (from Legends books)
Episode III - Darth Vader with 501st troopers (non-Clone Wars LEGO versions)
Episode IV - Rebel Base on Yavin 4, Death Star Conference Room
Eposode V - Bridge of Executor (or any Imperial Star Destroyer)
Episode VI - Inferno Squad

It’s a small, but humble wish list.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Epispde II - Clone Trooper training area on Kamino with Mandalorian Instructors (from Legends books)
Does LFL allow non-canon toys? I don't follow Hasbro enough to know if they get to make them.

But anyway, let's not turn this into a wishlist thread (we can by all means have one of those) but keep it on target to discuss rumours we're hearing about next years sets. We do have separate threads for Resistance and 20th Anniversary, but there's no reason that these topics can't also be discussed in this thread.

Reaction score
my wish list:

ANH: UCS Cantina (fully detailed)
ESB: UCS Dagobah (with Swamp and UCS Falcon deep in it)
ROTJ: UCS Throne Room and UCS Jabba's Palace

I know these are all far cries but it never hurts to hope :)

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
not sure they can because of the deal lucas film has with hasbro
The work around is the battlepack, so if LEGO released a small bar section and some minifigs they'd probably get away with it. But it would only sell to hardcore LSW collectors and most of the general public wouldn't be anywhere near as interested.

Reaction score
Don’t kill me, but I’m liking the new juniors stuff. After building for a few years now, I know my LEGO ‘style’ isn’t a lot of greebaling and highly detailed builds. I like the stuff like the original x-wing and tie (maybe fix those wing attachments), that are more ‘blocky’ as that’s what I feel LEGO really is. I’m not a big fan of trying to get advanced angles, and gaps that let you see inside where plates don’t meet up drive me crazy. It’s a big field so to each their own.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just wanted to comment that I love that Garindan on the front page link...although it looks like some super-illegal connections... or even glue?! o.0

Reaction score
The Death Star Escape set looks fun and I'll be getting. I'm intrigued to find out more about the rumoured Hoth set (hopefully not a snowspeeder again) and still crossing fingers for a Star Destroyer UCS!

Reaction score
The Death Star Escape set looks fun and I'll be getting. I'm intrigued to find out more about the rumoured Hoth set (hopefully not a snowspeeder again) and still crossing fingers for a Star Destroyer UCS!
x2

I ordered the UCS Falcon over the weekend (yay for double VIP Points) so with that big purchase crossed off the list, I'd absolutely love a UCS Star Destroyer next. You gotta think with the Falcon being revamped and re-released the Star Destroyer has to be on LEGO's radar as well.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You gotta think with the Falcon being revamped and re-released...
Don't stop there - X-wing, Snowspeeder and Death Star.

My belief is that one of the two UCS ships rumoured to be coming out next year will be a Tantive IV.

Reaction score
Don't stop there - X-wing, Snowspeeder and Death Star.

My belief is that one of the two UCS ships rumoured to be coming out next year will be a Tantive IV.
I'm actually passing up the UCS Y-Wing and Snowspeeder simply because I want everything to be somewhat scaled with each other for display purposes. But I do really like that Y-Wing and am awfully tempted but I must resist.

I have a small Rebel fleet- the newest X-Wing and Y-Wing, plus the last Snowspeeder (75049 I believe) and I think they'll look great next to the UCS Falcon.

If by Death Star you're referring to 75159, yep I got it! :D

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I picked up the Falcon and the Y-wing to replace the original UCS sets I sold. To be honest I'd rather have my old ones back. Waaaah!!!!!

Look out for a review of four different Y-wings at once in an upcoming article on Rebelscum.

Reaction score
wow.. I am surprized to hear you like the old UCS falcon over the new one? Can you elaborate? I am curious..

I picked up the Falcon and the Y-wing to replace the original UCS sets I sold. To be honest I'd rather have my old ones back. Waaaah!!!!!

Look out for a review of four different Y-wings at once in an upcoming article on Rebelscum.

Reaction score
I did :) what I meant was.. Do you prefer the original because it looks more like 'basic lego' rather than ready made pieces? take the cockpit for instance.. I believe the original UCS really sucks because it doesn't look like a cockpit at all, but I guess some people prefer that look over ready made pieces.. why do you think original was better?

Sure, check out my first post in this thread - it's right above your first post :p

Reaction score
I'll be getting that Praetorian training set. My love Praetorians and Royal Guards in this house!

SheevTidy

Imperial Commando
Reaction score
death escape disappointed me. =[

size and playability are lacking severely.

inferno squad on the other hand is wonderful.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
death escape disappointed me. =[

size and playability are lacking severely.

inferno squad on the other hand is wonderful.
Welcome to the forum, SheevTidy

Last edited: