LEGO Star Wars 2017 News and Discussion

Reaction score
I hope I'm not too early for this. As a big fan of Thrawn, seeing his figure today made me feel like a little kid again! That new Rebels trailer opens up so much goodness for Lego to do! I am also dying to see the second wave of Rogue One sets after Christmas because we just know here will be a Vader, Tarkin, and HUGE fingers crossed for Ponda Baba and the good Doctor! I also read that a new Dagobah set is on the schedule. Here's hoping for an old Yoda and Jedi training Luke!

Reaction score
I'll be shocked if we don't get a Thrawn minifigure though. I'm betting he'll show up in next summer's wave.

Reaction score
The image of the figure was up on hoth bricks last week.

Jeremy also posted an article on the front page with a new Han for next year. Also a link to a list of 2017 sets that really doesn't say too much but is worth a look.

Last edited:
Reaction score
What's the level of confidence that we'll actually get a new Death Star? I'm itching to bust open my old Death Star and start building but if a new one is coming out I'm hesitant to break the seal until I at least see what the new one has to offer.

Reaction score
You waited this long.

New list has things like another landspeeder and skiff. A duel of the fates set. Yodas hut.

Reaction score
What's the level of confidence that we'll actually get a new Death Star? I'm itching to bust open my old Death Star and start building but if a new one is coming out I'm hesitant to break the seal until I at least see what the new one has to offer.

99.99%. There are a few in-the-know Brickset and Eurobricks users who have actually seen ​the set.

Reaction score
99.99%. There are a few in-the-know Brickset and Eurobricks users who have actually seen ​the set.

I read on another forum that the price will be $499.99. It that rumor ends up being true, it will be the first $500 set since the UCS Falcon. Also, there's no current $400 Lego set right now. The next highest is $350 (Ghostbusters Firehouse, Helicarrier, and upcoming Disney Castle) so this is semi-new territory for Lego in regards to pricing.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, the rumor out there also is that it will be spherical on the outside, but open up to have separate rooms depicting various scenes - not unlike 10188.

At any rate, we'll have our answer in 2-3 weeks. With VIP access to two new sets starting on 9/15, we should have designer videos, etc by 8/15.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, the rumor out there also is that it will be spherical on the outside, but open up to have separate rooms depicting various scenes - not unlike 10188.

At any rate, we'll have our answer in 2-3 weeks. With VIP access to two new sets starting on 9/15, we should have designer videos, etc by 8/15.

The rumor I heard is that it would be hemi-spherical...only half a sphere. Plated on one side and open on the other...similar to Orthanc.

I'm sure we have all read the discussion on eurobricks. ...and I'm also sure that we all know the info on eurobricks is accurate maybe about 50% of the time if we are lucky...often times much less. I guess we wait and see.

This is one of those that we know is coming at this point. I don't consider it a rumor anymore even though we haven't heard anything official. Now the question is what we end up getting.

Reaction score

I'm with Indy on this one :) How long have you held onto that thing without opening it? At this point, if you are hesitant you should wait and see...

Reaction score
I'm with Indy on this one :) How long have you held onto that thing without opening it? At this point, if you are hesitant you should wait and see...

Good call....I've got plenty of other unopened sets I could build in the meantime.

Reaction score
What part of 2017 did the UCS Snowspeeder get pushed to? Or is there another UCS set coming that is taking it's place?
There hasn't been a confirmed release date...or any official confirmation of it existing for that matter. Just data mined info on the brickset database:

Set number 75144-1
Name Snowspeeder
Set type Normal
Theme group LicensedThemeStar Wars
Subtheme Ultimate Collector Series
Year released 2017
Tags Hoth
Snowspeeder
Packaging Box
Availability LEGO exclusive

^That's all the info there is.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If it's the next UCS set up after the 75059 Death Star, then likely it'll hit around May 4th next year.

Reaction score
Really keen for the rogue one
  Spoiler:  
y-wing
depending if it's a different colour.

also game for the bunker set as it includes cas, saw and 2 shore troopers.

disappointed that with the micro fighters more pilots and officers...

and surprised there's only only one set with Jyn!!!

Reaction score
75144 UCS Snowspeeder – No Minifigures
75160 U-Wing Fighter (Microfighter) – Rebel Pilot Minifigure
75161 TIE Striker (Microfighter) – Tie Pilot Minifigure
75162 Y-Wing Fighter (Microfighter) – Rebel Pilot Minifigure
75163 Krennic’s Imperial Shuttle (Microfighter) – Imperial Officer Minifigure
75164 Rebel Battle Pack – Rebel Minifigures?
75165 Imperial Battle Pack – Storm Trooper X2 and Death Trooper Minifigures
75168 Yoda’s Jedi Starfighter – R2-D2 and Yoda Minifigures
75169 Landspeeder – Luke, Obi-Wan. c-3po and Tusken Raider Minifigures
75170 Phantom Mark II – C1-10P, Kanan Jarrus (blind) and Grand Admiral Thrawn Minifigures
75171 Bunker Battle – Cassian Andor, Good Guy, Shoretrooper X2 Minifigures
75172 Y-Wing Starfighter – Pilot X2, White Wookie, Astromech Droid and Imperial Officer Minifigures
75173 Duel of the Fates – Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Darth maul Minifigures
75174 Desert Skiff – Han Solo, Chewbacca, Boba Fett and Weequay Minifigures
75179 ROTJ Rebel Hanger? – Lando Calrissian, Rebel Pilot and Crewman Minifigures
Rogue One Buildable Figures (January)
75523 Shore Trooper – ? Minifigures
75524 Chirrut Imwe – ? Minifigures
75525 Baze Malbus – ? Minifigures

Reaction score
bummed. stopped by TRU yesterday and they had at least 50 polybags of the FO Officer out and marked at $2.00 per bag. grabbed 10 of them got to the register and then the sales associate said he can't sell them till the 25th and that the computer was ringing them up as $5.99 per figure :(

Reaction score
bummed. stopped by TRU yesterday and they had at least 50 polybags of the FO Officer out and marked at $2.00 per bag. grabbed 10 of them got to the register and then the sales associate said he can't sell them till the 25th and that the computer was ringing them up as $5.99 per figure :(

10 of them?

Good. Glad they said no.

Reaction score
^ Had they really been $2.00 apiece, I probably would have grabbed more than one also.

Reaction score
10 of them?

Good. Glad they said no.

the only reason I grabbed 10 of them is to help people out on the forums. I really only want 1 for myself but I know how hard they are to find so if I can snag them for fellow scummers and friends then I will.

Reaction score
the only reason I grabbed 10 of them is to help people out on the forums. I really only want 1 for myself but I know how hard they are to find so if I can snag them for fellow scummers and friends then I will.

Ah, well now you just sound like Santa. ;)

Reaction score
Saw more of the 2017 sets at sw reddit. Landspeeder, skiff, beach battle, and y-wing.

Reaction score
Saw more of the 2017 sets at sw reddit. Landspeeder, skiff, beach battle, and y-wing.

Its hard to judge from those pictures. I may be interested in the y-wing, hard to say. Unsure about the beach battle.
I likely don't need another skiff or landspeeder but you never know what kind of upgrades might be added from leaked/watermarked images.

Reaction score
The landspeeder looks like a complete pass. I think I may wait until the skiff goes down or on sale for the new Han hair and wee quay. The y wing looks like a y wing. I need to see the figures. The beach battle I agree. If this year has taught me anything, it's that if you have patience, you can always pick up sets cheaper.

Reaction score
The landspeeder looks like a complete pass....If this year has taught me anything, it's that if you have patience, you can always pick up sets cheaper.

Agree on both fronts. Though I am excited for the Y-Wing as it's the only core Rebel Alliance ship I don't have yet. Our local Wal Mart had placeholders in their Lego aisle for all the new Rogue One sets coming out this week but no items on the shelves yet. They did put out some Hasbro Black Series and 3.75 inch figures that I was able to pick up.

Reaction score
The landspeeder looks like a complete pass. I think I may wait until the skiff goes down or on sale for the new Han hair and wee quay. The y wing looks like a y wing. I need to see the figures. The beach battle I agree. If this year has taught me anything, it's that if you have patience, you can always pick up sets cheaper.

I dont know if there are any large versions of the images, I didnt see any. But it seemed like Moroff is coming in LEGO form?

Reaction score
I dont know if there are any large versions of the images, I didnt see any. But it seemed like Moroff is coming in LEGO form?

I din't want to jump the gun. As soon as I say that someone screams "IT'S ONLY A PRELIMINARY IMAGE", but yes, that's what I see as well. There seem to be a lot of figures in that set. I wouldn't be surprised if the missing Saw Guerrera was one of them as well seeing that (as best one can make out) he's not in the beach attack set.

Reaction score
Pass on these. I'm happy with the land speeder from the cantina set and I also have the Skiff from a few years ago.

Reaction score
The y-wing mini has a pilot with I think is the grey uniform. I will probably pick up the u-wing for the pilot, but the other two do nothing for me. The battle packs should be nice - generic - army builders to pick up 2 at a time when they go one sale at TRU. Stormtroopers you could use a lot of - Deathtroopers? These will probably end up very cheap on bricklink like the first order tech.

Reaction score
75160 U-Wing Fighter (Microfighter) – Rebel Pilot Minifigure
75161 TIE Striker (Microfighter) – Tie Pilot Minifigure
75162 Y-Wing Fighter (Microfighter) – Rebel Pilot Minifigure
75163 Krennic’s Imperial Shuttle (Microfighter) – Imperial Officer Minifigure

Sounds nice, but are we getting only 4 instead of 6? Or a couple more are going to be revealed?

Reaction score
Way too early for this I think, but from hoth bricks a list of the second half of 2017 sets:

• 75166 Battle Pack (Episodes IV-VII) - 15 €
  • 75167 Battle Pack (Episodes IV-VII) - 15 €
  • 75178 Quadjumper (Star Wars The Force Awakens) - 60 €
  • 75179 Rebel Hangar
  • 75180 The [Guavian] Death Gang (Star Wars The Force Awakens) - 80 €
  • 75182 Imperial Hovertank (?) - 30 €
  • 75183 Darth Vader Transformation (Episode III : Revenge of the Sith) - 30 €
  • 75184 LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar 2017 - 30 € (?)
  • 75185 The Freemaker Adventures - 70 €
  • 75186 The Freemaker Adventures - 90 €

Breaking with the no summer battle packs and larger sets "rules" as such. Can't wait to see what the guavian death gang will bring us! Rebel hanger? FREEMAKER?!?!

Reaction score
Way too early for this I think, but from hoth bricks a list of the second half of 2017 sets:

• 75166 Battle Pack (Episodes IV-VII) - 15 €
  • 75167 Battle Pack (Episodes IV-VII) - 15 €
  • 75178 Quadjumper (Star Wars The Force Awakens) - 60 €
  • 75179 Rebel Hangar
  • 75180 The [Guavian] Death Gang (Star Wars The Force Awakens) - 80 €
  • 75182 Imperial Hovertank (?) - 30 €
  • 75183 Darth Vader Transformation (Episode III : Revenge of the Sith) - 30 €
  • 75184 LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar 2017 - 30 € (?)
  • 75185 The Freemaker Adventures - 70 €
  • 75186 The Freemaker Adventures - 90 €

Breaking with the no summer battle packs and larger sets "rules" as such. Can't wait to see what the guavian death gang will bring us! Rebel hanger? FREEMAKER?!?!

I feel like I haven't been interested in very many sets from recent waves lately...but some of these seem great. Guavian death gang (I really like the looks of the Guavian enforcers). I've always enjoyed the old Vaders Transformation set. For a small set it is fantastic. I may be interested in a rebel hanger set depending on the final model. I probably won't be interested in a quad jumper but you never know. It could be good.

A lot of good options there.

Last edited: