LEGO Star Wars 2013 News and Discussion

Reaction score
Word on the street is we will get the rumor list sometime this week. We already know about the Rancor Pit any guesses as to what else we might see?

Im guessing we will see a few AOTC sets with the 3D movie coming out the winter.

Here are my guesses:

Jango's Slave 1
Halfire Droid
Zam Wessel Chase
AOTC battle pack (2 clones, 1 sb droid, 1 battle droid)
Clone Wars battle pack
Obi Wan starfighter

Reaction score
If it is indeed AotC themed, I think there would have to be a Yoda/Dooku type set. Slave 1 would seem like a sure bet, but after spending the last 5 weeks or so working on one based on Boba's for a birthday present, I selfishly hope they don't release one. I would also love to see a Jedi council set, even if it is an overpriced TRU exclusive. I'm not holding my breath on that one. The arena battle would be nice to see also, especially with LEGO's willingness to mold creatures lately. I also wouldn't mind an AT-TE or gunship since I wasn't collecting everytime those were released.

Reaction score
I'm betting we see an arena battle. The precedent of making more creatures has been set with the Wampa and Rancor.

Reaction score
I would like to see a kamino set, with obi-wan and jango and maybe a couple kaminoans...envisioning a playset/diorama type with the landing platform and entrance and maybe a room or two...maybe some clones in growth tanks a la the bacta tank.

Reaction score
I would like to see a kamino set, with obi-wan and jango and maybe a couple kaminoans...envisioning a playset/diorama type with the landing platform and entrance and maybe a room or two...maybe some clones in growth tanks a la the bacta tank.

I could see the platform with doorway and maybe Jangos room. That would be cool.

Reaction score
I agree that we'll be seeing some new AotC sets come January. And it's about time IMO!

Here are my most wanted Episode II sets:

OUTLANDER NIGHTCLUB!!!
Kamino playset (w/ Jango's Apartment)
Bounty Hunter Chase
Arena Battle
Geonosis Droid Factory
Tusken Raider camp

Reaction score
Not a big fan of the prequels, but i do hope they continue releasing more SW:TOR models, specifically the player ships.

capturefdm.jpg

The Thunderclap might be a bit too much like the UCS B-Wing coming out soon, so i'm hoping for models of the Defender and the Phantom this winter.

On the OT side, my wish list includes some set with a Bantha (now that the Rancor is a done deal), maybe Obi-wan's homestead? And i've always felt that Dagobah deserved a playset or two. Maybe a small set of Luke's camp?

Reaction score
Geonosis Execution Cart w/ Orray, Driver, Padme, and Anakin Minifigs.

Orray w/ Geonosian Picador Minifig.

Meeting of the Separatists w/ Dooku, Obi-Wan, Nute Gunray, Rogwa Wodrata, Wat Tambor, Shu Mai, and San Hill Minifigs.

Geonosis War Room w/ Poggle the Lesser, Gilramos Libkath, and Tikkes Minifigs.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Anybody know when the SW 1313 video game is coming out?

Wonder if we might see sets based off of that game next year.

Reaction score
Dexter's Diner would look really good in LEGO form. I'm thinking the only way that will happen is if LEGO keeps the license for about 50 more years and has run out of things to make.

Reaction score
Dexter's Diner would look really good in LEGO form. I'm thinking the only way that will happen is if LEGO keeps the license for about 50 more years and has run out of things to make.

And we'd be up to about 25 different versions of the X-Wing. Of course we might be the "Willrow Hood's Wild Bespin Run" battlepack by then.

Reaction score

That's the problem with the Lego SW line. We get more and more remakes, even when there's so much untapped potential.

Reaction score
Yep, and the small number of releases each year doesn't help with the variety. The remakes do make sense though. Every kid deserves an X-Wing, MF, etc so LEGO has to keep the iconic vehicles on the shelves every couple of years. We see those as wasted opportunities, but we are the minority.

I would like to see LEGO design some of those sets that will never be released and then sell the instructions with stticker sheet if needed so we can make them ourselves. We already know they spend time making things that will never be sold anyway (UCS Watto), so why not make some extra money in the process?

Reaction score
UCS Dagobah. I can picture Yoda's Hutt, lots of trees/wildlife, a X-wing in a swamp and the Cave of Evil. I can dream.

Reaction score
I would love to see the Executor's bridge done right. Looking at my recently acquired 10221 SSD and how they could only fit three bounty hunters there inspired this thought. Although, I still firmly believe that every UCS vehicle shoudn't have mini figures at all. The Executor's bridge should have at least three areas: 1) bridge area where Vader stands and looks out into space, 2) bounty hunter recruiting scene, and 3) Vader's throne room.

Reaction score
Duncan Jenkins and I are doing a Collectors Panel at CVI and we're trying to get permission to reveal the January 2013 sets. I saw pictures of all the regular line (i.e. no exclusives) earlier this week (along with some of the other lines too) but I can't share any more just yet. I'll let you know if we're allowed as soon as we hear back.

Thanks, James

Reaction score
What a tease, James! Any hints? :p

In all seriousness, I'm completely gutted that I can't make it to this Celebration. The Lego panels sound great (not to mention missing out on the exclusives).

Reaction score
My prediction: a fair number of ROTJ sets for the 30th anniversary given that 2010 saw a pretty decent number of ESB sets.

Reaction score
I would agree with you, if it weren't for the fact that the last few years have been quite RotJ-heavy already. Jabba's Palace, Skiff, Endor planet, Endor battle pack, Ewok Attack, Home One, Battle of Endor, Executor, Rancor Pit, UCS B-Wing...I don't see what else they might do, apart from an Ewok Village, Yoda's Hut (which would make more sense as an ESB, 'Dagobah Training'-esque set), or A-Wing remake.

Reaction score
I would agree with you, if it weren't for the fact that the last few years have been quite RotJ-heavy already. Jabba's Palace, Skiff, Endor planet, Endor battle pack, Ewok Attack, Home One, Battle of Endor, Executor, Rancor Pit, UCS B-Wing...I don't see what else they might do, apart from an Ewok Village, Yoda's Hut (which would make more sense as an ESB, 'Dagobah Training'-esque set), or A-Wing remake.

One of those is correct, but only one :)

Cheers, James

Reaction score

TIE Interceptor re-do, Imperial Shuttle re-do (minifig scale even if the UCS was technically closer to actual minifig scale), a Sail Barge could be possible given all the recent Jabba sets. Maybe some battle pack with Ewoks, non-Stormy Imperials, Jabba cronies. But I suppose the possabilites are not as vast as I had initially thought.

Now James has me quite intrigued. Not sure which of those three I want most!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I would think there will be at least a handful of AOTC sets to start off the year, but I’m afraid it’s going to be a lot of remakes. (Not that there isn’t room for improvement in those sets; most of the AOTC sets were very early in the Lego SW license) There will almost certainly be a Slave I in Jango’s colors. I could see them doing another Jedi Starfighter, possibly with the docking ring again. I think we’re going to get another Gunship, and I think they could give some serious thought to doing a UCS Gunship. I’m less sold on a bounty hunter chase set, but it certainly seems to be a strong possibility. As for playsets/environments, I would love an enormous Geonosis Arena complete with beasts and jedi and a jillion battle droids, super battle droids and destroyers. By the same token, I could just as easily see a droid factory set with some type of conveyor belt set-up. There will almost certainly be a smaller Yoda/Dooku set, or maybe they’ll make it a little bigger and throw in Anakin and Obi-Wan. I’d like to see them do something from the brief time on Tatooine, but I don’t know what it would be beyond Anakin and a bunch of dead Tuskens.

As far as ROTJ, I’m sure we’re in for another A-Wing. There will certainly be a UCS A-Wing in the next few years, but I’m not sure if we’ll get that in 2013. I’d like to see an Ewok Village, but I’m not convinced it will happen because there really wasn’t much conflict/action there. I could see an Emperor/Vader/Luke set with the Throne Room. I’m still holding out for a droid torture chamber or something else to go beneath the tower portion of the Jabba’s Palace set. Maybe with the 30th anniversary we’ll get a Mon Cal Cruiser, but I believe that as much as I believe that I’ll get the droid torture chamber. I think it’s more likely that we’ll get another Star Destroyer. It’s been several years since the last one, and they’re heavily represented in ROTJ.

Reaction score
I'm going with Yoda's hut, something along the lines of Bag End from LOTR.
I'm not really too big on the vehicles, I like the diorama type sets better.

Reaction score
I'm going with Yoda's hut, something along the lines of Bag End from LOTR.
I'm not really too big on the vehicles, I like the diorama type sets better.

That's what I'm thinking as well. And I completely agree about more diorama-type sets.

Reaction score
That would be my vote as well, but I have a feeling it's going to be a new A-Wing. That will be an easy pass for me.

Reaction score
Someone on Eurobricks reporting 3 of the regular line sets will be The Clone Wars in January, and 3 other (one would presume one of these 3 will be the Rancor Pit), as well as third and fourth Planet series coming.

Reaction score
Someone said at Eurobricks that one set will be an ARC-170 with Pong Krell, A-Wing, and a smaller set with Yoda, commando droids, and a walker type vehicle.

Reaction score
Another ARC-170? Hmm. I didn't buy the last one because it had Kit Fisto in it. I already got that with Obi Wan's ship+ring. A walker-type vehicle? It would be nice if it were something we haven't gotten before. Maybe one of those small vehicles that Kenner put out back in the day. One of them was like a chibi AT-ST or something. I probably sound crazy, but I'm sure somebody knows what I'm talking about.

Reaction score
Someone said at Eurobricks that one set will be an ARC-170 with Pong Krell, A-Wing, and a smaller set with Yoda, commando droids, and a walker type vehicle.

There was also some talk on Eurobricks that maybe the ARC-170 was actually the Z-95 ship that apparently made an appearance in the episodes that featured Pong Krell. I saw those episodes, but don't remember the Z-95, but my memory is shot anyway. :)

Honestly I'd prefer the Z-95 just because we've had two ARC-170 (I also didn't buy the second, because I had 2 of the first) ships, so at least put out something new.

I was getting excited about a new Yoda's Hut, but if we're just getting another A-Wing then that will be an easy pass for me.

Right now I'm 100% sure I'm getting the Rancor set. Just have to wait to see what other OT sets come out.