LEGO On Sale Thread

Reaction score
Re: Lego On Sale Thread #2

Went to Entertainment Earth, took a look at the Endor set and the Turbo tank. They comes to $206.15 putting them at about $100ea after shipping ($24.75).

Reaction score

I was looking at the Slave 1 and Hogwarts Express on EE, which came out to alittle bit more than if I just got them with the Freddies sale going on.

Reaction score

POTC and Cars 2 20% off at TRU this week. They've already done their 10% over SRP increase on both lines but Target will price match if you bring in the ad. I picked up the Queen Anne's Revenge at Target over the weekend for under $100 before tax after having them price match to the TRU ad.

Also, several Targets around me (St. Louis) are going thru a remodel and the one closest to my house clearanced a couple POTC sets at half off (Cannbibal Escape and London Escape). So if they are remodeling around you keep a weather eye on the horizon for deals!

Reaction score

My TRU has posted signs of 25% off the Slave I, T6, Turbo Tank, and Bounty Hunter ship.

This isnt in the advertisement, but they have signs by each of the toys. Will Target match these prices ?

Reaction score

Bummer. Its probably why TRU didnt advertise it

Reaction score

Target has SW Legos on sale for 5-10% off.

Not much I still need and I can wait for an even better sale down the road. It does seem like they might be trying to make room for some upcoming sets...

Reaction score

Jedi_Eeth_Koth said:
Target has SW Legos on sale for 5-10% off.

Not much I still need and I can wait for an even better sale down the road. It does seem like they might be trying to make room for some upcoming sets...
Best deal is the V-Wing at $15.

Reaction score

Use V7T4Y4X at bn.com for 30% off one item, including LEGO. Coupon expires June 27 and can only be used once. I just ordered the ARC-170 for less than $42 and pre-ordered the Star Wars Character Encyclopedia for $12. Also, free shipping on orders over $25.

Reaction score

Wow, they ship to Canada as well.

Got the Hogwarts castle AND The Burrow (no discount on that), for about $25 less than I could just get the castle with up here. Cost me $8.97 for shipping though, no freebie up here.

Thanks for the coupon posting.

Reaction score

PizzatheHut said:
Use V7T4Y4X at bn.com for 30% off one item, including LEGO. Coupon expires June 27 and can only be used once. I just ordered the ARC-170 for less than $42 and pre-ordered the Star Wars Character Encyclopedia for $12. Also, free shipping on orders over $25.
You have to be a borders member to get to use this coupon right ? I tried the other night with no luck.

Reaction score

Pellaeon said:
You have to be a borders member to get to use this coupon right ? I tried the other night with no luck.
The coupon is for Barnes & Noble, not Borders. No membership is necessary.

Reaction score

PizzatheHut said:
Pellaeon said:
The coupon is for Barnes & Noble, not Borders. No membership is necessary.
Duh, thats what I meant. I had tried it the other night and it kept readjusting my total. Tried today and it worked.

What do you all think, which would you all choose ?

Emperor's Shuttle
Y-Wing
Grevious Ship
ARC-180

Reaction score

Thanks, Pizza. I ordered the Cars 2 Mack Truck. They only had 1 POTC set in stock. The do have a Lego Toy Story Woody minifig clock I've never seen before :link

Reaction score

I have both the ARC-170 & Y-Wing. I'm not too fond of either of the other sets but if I had to choose, I would pick Grievous's ship. If I had to pick from all 4, I would go with the ARC-170.

Reaction score

Pellaeon said:
What do you all think, which would you all choose ?

Emperor's Shuttle
Y-Wing
Grevious Ship
ARC-180
I would pick the Emperor's Shuttle, with my second choice being a tie between Grevious and the ARC-170.

Reaction score

Haven't done all the math yet, but if you're a Borders Rewards member it might be worth picking up some Lego sets before Friday. They have a coupon out now for 20% off your entire purchase, plus you'll get and additional 10% member discount, plus you'll get $5 in Borders Bucks to spend in late June for every $50 spent.

I think they have POTC Queen Anne's Revenge for $140 ($120 is retail) but the discounts above mean you get it for $100 plus get $10 to spend later, so not too bad.

Reaction score

rupert said:
Any Memorial weekend sales going on?
FYI, not one of the usual places to buy Lego, but they have a lot of great kits priced at retail....Scholastic.com is having a Memorial Day Sale with 20 percent off and free shipping on everything including Legos. I see they have the Clone Turbo tank, Grievous Starfighter, Mindstorms and other sets. If you want to save even more, Ebates has an add'l 5% cash back plus $5 signup offer:

Ebates (for 5% Off and $5 bonus if its your first time)
http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=FLJn67wCBhM86LOuDa8NGQ%3D%3D

Scholastic.com (Coupon Code: MDSS20 for 20% Off and Free Shipping)

PS - Offer ends today

Reaction score

mrfootball said:
rupert said:
FYI, not one of the usual places to buy Lego, but they have a lot of great kits priced at retail....Scholastic.com is having a Memorial Day Sale with 20 percent off and free shipping on everything including Legos. I see they have the Clone Turbo tank, Grievous Starfighter, Mindstorms and other sets. If you want to save even more, Ebates has an add'l 5% cash back plus $5 signup offer:

PS - Offer ends today
Nice! thanks for the heads up, I'll go check it out.

Reaction score

mrfootball said:
rupert said:

PS - Offer ends today
Good deal. If I wasn't saving for the upcoming Harry Potter stuff, I might have grabbed a few things.

Reaction score

I was at Target today and they had spaces where the ARC 170, Tie Defender, General Grievous Starfighter and Slave I completely cleared out like they were making room for new sets, I wonder if these will be the ones to go.

Reaction score

rupert said:
I was at Target today and they had spaces where the ARC 170, Tie Defender, General Grievous Starfighter and Slave I completely cleared out like they were making room for new sets, I wonder if these will be the ones to go.
Isn't the Tie defender already retired? Beyond that i don't think any others you listed will be retired instead they probably just won't be carried at target anymore IMO.

Reaction score

justabigkid said:
rupert said:
Isn't the Tie defender already retired? Beyond that i don't think any others you listed will be retired instead they probably just won't be carried at target anymore IMO.
Probably right, on Lego.com they don't even have the "HTF" tag on the Grievous set.

What happened to Ernie!?

Reaction score

It's a store that's more common out west. Sort of like Meijer or Walmart.

Reaction score

Jedi Eeth Koth,

Thanks for the link. Wasn't heavily advertised that I saw. Also found out TRU had a promotion earlier this week giving $25 off orders of $150 or more. The promotion lapsed but called their customer service number and they honored it.

Bought two AT-AT's at $80/each for total of $160+tax. Final cost was $135+tax which came to $145 shipped!!!

Good luck.

Mike

Reaction score

MIKE_PRESS said:
Jedi Eeth Koth,

Thanks for the link. Wasn't heavily advertised that I saw. Also found out TRU had a promotion earlier this week giving $25 off orders of $150 or more. The promotion lapsed but called their customer service number and they honored it.

Bought two AT-AT's at $80/each for total of $160+tax. Final cost was $135+tax which came to $145 shipped!!!

Good luck.

Mike
No problem.

Turns out the sale was only good for Friday and Saturday (today), which is why I hadn't seen it on my usual Sunday sales walkthru.

I've been debating getting the X-Wing and AT-AT, but I know next month when all the new Legos drop, I'll need that extra cash.

Reaction score

I tried to call customer service, but they wouldn't honor that promotion.

Reaction score

For those of you with Fred Meyer (and maybe Krogers) nearby they have two coupons in the Sunday add for 20% off toys when spending $20 or more, plus another for 10% off. They didn't stack to a full 30% off, it took off 10% then another 20% off that, so 28% total, but still a good savings off MSRP prices.

Reaction score

This week at Target all Harry Potter, POTC & Ninjago sets are BOGOHO. I've got a coupon for $3 off the Fountain of Youth set, so I might pick up another set to cash in on the deal.

Reaction score

Pizza, is your coupon a "printed at the register" type, or is it available online?

EDIT: Never mind, I found it at Target.com. Thanks for the info!