LEGO Limelighting & Display Thread

Reaction score
Exciter, those are fantastic!! I hope you don't mind me asking: Are the instructions available online somewhere and around how much did the Viper cost you to bricklink? I would love a Viper...or two...or a squadron. B)
Yes, the instructions are available on EBay, but are copyrighted and I can't distribute them. I'd say the Viper might be around $50 to Bricklink, depending on how much you can find available from one seller.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Man this are out of this world!!! I have always wondered whether if Lego would release a UCS Galactica some day.. but until then.. these are definitely the way to go :)

I may finally be done with these after several months of Bricklinking, MOD'ing, and tweaking. The Cylon Raider is pretty much a UCS size set and is massive & heavy.

2 ships from the classic Battlestar Galactica TV Series

Classic Cylon Raider - 1820 pieces
Viper Mark II - 325 pieces

Reaction score
We have had some bad fires here in Perth this Summer and a friend of mine is a fireman and was happy to see this display.
I thought it was cool so wanted to share.

Reaction score
I've seen that one, or one very similar to it, at the second closest Toys R Us to me here in Texas. I thought it had been there for a while, but it looks like it travels from store to store.

Reaction score
Born in 1977, I grew up with Star Wars and LEGO, but of course there was no tie-up between the two back then. In 2015 I took my 5 year-old daughter to LEGOLAND and the Star Wars Exhibition. That's where it started - with the Ultimate Collector Series Red Five X-wing Starfighter:

My collection's now grown to include all of the Original Trilogy Microfighters and Jakob Liesenfeld-designed Stormtrooper variants, various exclusive Minifigures, the Imperial Shuttle Tydirium and the Inquisitor's TIE Advanced Prototype. I've also just added some vintage-style action figures to my collection, but I'll post about that on the Hasbro Modern Collection forum.

You can see my whole collection at the link in my signature.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Since I moved to Chicago I haven't had enough space to display any Lego, but I've been trying to stay up to date with the expectation that we'll eventually be settling down and buying a place here. Once that happens, they all get opened. Here's what's piled up in those 7 or so years:

Everything older than this is in bags crammed into big rubbermaid bins in the closet.

Someday...

Reaction score
haha, I go through your picture and like a kid with hockey cards, I say "got it, got it, got it, need it, got it, need it, got it, got it... "

Since I moved to Chicago I haven't had enough space to display any Lego, but I've been trying to stay up to date with the expectation that we'll eventually be settling down and buying a place here. Once that happens, they all get opened. Here's what's piled up in those 7 or so years:

Everything older than this is in bags crammed into big rubbermaid bins in the closet.

Someday...

Reaction score
haha, I go through your picture and like a kid with hockey cards, I say "got it, got it, got it, need it, got it, need it, got it, got it... "

I just wish I had photos of all the stuff that's put away... it's a full set of OT Lego basically, including all the UCS sets. I'm only missing the 10198 Tantive IV, the UCS Death Star II, and the first Millennium Falcon release.

Then there's the classic stuff...

Full sets of Pirates I and II including Islanders, most of the classic castle lines after the first one - Black Falcons, Lion Knights, Forestmen, Wolfpack, Black Knights, Dragon Masters, Dark Forest, Royal Knights... full sets of Classic Space, Futuron, Blacktron I and II, Space Police I and II, M-Tron... I honestly have no idea how much space all this would take up to build and display and I'm sort of afraid that I'll never have enough room to do it.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Someday...
Wow, that's an impressive collection! LEGO is tough to display. To really appreciate each set it needs to have ample space. Doesn't take long to run out of room.

Reaction score
Awesome! Can't wait to see it all built! (One day!)
I do have photos of some of them... a few years ago I was building everything, ordering any missing parts, taking photos, and then putting them all back away. Here's a bunch, but not all of it:

Classic Space
Futuron
Blacktron I
Blacktron II
Space Police I
Space Police II
M-Tron
Islanders

I have photos of Royal Knights and the Pirate stuff... but that's where I ran out of steam. I just need to get around to cleaning them up.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Oh boy, those classic Blacktrons take me waaaay back! Still my favorite lineup to this day! Great stuff you have, Zod!

Reaction score
All of the OT Microfighters:

So far all were released in Series 1 and 2. I do also have the Series 4 Y-Wing, but technically that's from RO...

Last edited:

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The MF MILF is the best.

(And I just realised it sounds like I'm swearing.)

Reaction score
All of the Jakob Liesenfeld-designed Stormtrooper variants:

From left to right: Shocktrooper, Jumptrooper, Sandtrooper, Stormtrooper

Reaction score
Nice! I wouldn't have thought to use the Hobbit wolves as stand-ins for Loth Wolves, but they work surprisingly well.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Casting call - Rebelscum is working directly with LEGO to find fans who have cool LEGO SW collections.

Dust off your camera because LEGO is looking to showcase collections from the Star Wars community, and Rebelscum has been tasked to assist.

Do you have - or know someone who has - a collection that deserves to be limelighted? It doesn't have to be the biggest, most complete or amazingly well displayed collection; it just needs to be Star Wars! LEGO is looking for anybody who is proud of their sets and wants to take part in a secret 20th anniversary project.

If this sounds like you, or anyone you know, then we want to hear back! All you have to do is send an email to me at jeremy@rebelscum.com with your name and a single 'head shot' photo of the LEGO Star Wars display. No photography skills are necessary, so if you're a point-and-click photographer you won't be excluded. We will pass it on to the LEGO community engagement team, who will reach out to explain the full details of the project.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Now that we've got a dedicated section for Limelighting and Displaying Collections I'm locking this thread.