LEGO Limelighting & Display Thread

Reaction score
First post on here, have been a "lurker" for many years, but never made an account. Anyways, here is some of my collection. The Lego's are on shelves and I have about 85-90% of the entire Lego Star Wars sets that have been made. I have 3 that aren't pictured (UCS Tantive IV, Falcon, and Star Destroyer) that are in my basement. I am contemplating selling the falcon as I have 2 of them. These were taken with my iPhone, so the quality isn't that great. I have 10 HUGE totes full of loose figures/playsets from original vintage to present also. These are stored at my parents house until I can finish my basement fully.

Reaction score
Continued...

If anyone might be interested in the UCS Falcon, let me know. It does NOT have the box, but all bags are UNOPENED and the sticker sheet is there, and the book is too. The box got a little wet and started to rip so I just took all the bags out, bought a NEW book from Lego, and it has been stored ever since. I bought one when they first came out while I was at Disney during Star Wars weekends, and then a buddy was needing money and sold me his for retail. PLEASE if you are wanting it make a SERIOUS offer as I do know what they go for.

Reaction score
Lego Collection

Hi all

My three sons have been putting together a site to show off their Lego Star Wars collection for everyone to see.
It is still work in progress so please make sure you come back soon to see what we have added
All comments are welcome

Star Wars Lego: Home Page

Thanks for taking the time to take a look
Mark

Reaction score
My three children have been creating their website below which contains their collection of Star Wars Lego
Please take the time to take a look

Star Wars Lego: Home Page

Thanks in Advance

Mark
Mark, fantastic site mate, really nice work and some amazing pieces in there, i really enjoyed looking through that mate, cheers and congrats to your boys, tell them somebody from the other side of the world was really impressed..

Reaction score

After sitting incomplete for almost two months, my second attempt at a version of this chapel is done- well, the exterior anyway. It is based quite loosely on St Catherine's Chapel in Abbotsbury, England. I built an early version, and after a Bricklink order or two, started over making several "improvements". I really wanted more stained glass windows, but was content with the clear windows since the frames made little crosses. It was a bigger build than I thought it would be, but that was necessary to include some details. I like MOCs that are more charicatures than exact replicas.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Holy cow, that's awesome! The kid angry about having to go to church was a nice touch

Last edited:
Reaction score

After sitting incomplete for almost two months, my second attempt at a version of this chapel is done- well, the exterior anyway. It is based quite loosely on St Catherine's Chapel in Abbotsbury, England. I built an early version, and after a Bricklink order or two, started over making several "improvements". I really wanted more stained glass windows, but was content with the clear windows since the frames made little crosses. It was a bigger build than I thought it would be, but that was necessary to include some details. I like MOCs that are more charicatures than exact replicas.
That's really cool!!!

Reaction score
This is what I've got so far going through my SW lots these past couple months. 1 complete with another on the way. I should be able to complete the second. And most likely half a 3rd. I believe to have at least one complete set of the minifigs and maybe a 2nd. I only have 1 instructions for 1 and a half. How cool would be a MOC Kuat Drive Yards????? I'm also trying to finish up a 2nd 6210 Sailbarge as well.

Reaction score
This is what I've got so far going through my SW lots these past couple months. 1 complete with another on the way. I should be able to complete the second. And most likely half a 3rd. I believe to have at least one complete set of the minifigs and maybe a 2nd. I only have 1 instructions for 1 and a half. How cool would be a MOC Kuat Drive Yards????? I'm also trying to finish up a 2nd 6210 Sailbarge as well.

Nothing cooler then a fleet of Lego Star Destroyers!

Reaction score
Lego Collection Over Time
*The last image is a link you can click on to see it full size.

August 2002

May 2003

April 2004

August 2009

August 2013

Last edited:
Reaction score
You good sir are THE Star Wars Lego fan!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

August 2013[/URL][/U][/B][/FONT][/COLOR]
[/QUOTE]

Reaction score
LEGO floor display

Here's my modest LEGO display. It's a store floor standee display from the LEGO SW debut in 1999. Note the "shelf talker" on the bottom.

Artoo Detoo and his minions.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My future method of LEGO minifigure displaying...

I have one of these display cases for their true purpose, but I think it will work well for minifigs too:

108 COIN DISPLAY CASE:

This can be found on Ebay for $69.99 & FREE S/H. It's a very solid display with a glass door. I've measured out the shelves and they fit 12 2X4 plates per shelf perfectly (or 6 2X8 plates, 4 2X12 plates, etc.). If my math is correct, you should be able to fit 144 minifigures into this. I've also discovered that the top shelf is slightly taller and will fit IG-88 and minifigs with tall weapons. Otherwise, turning accessories sideways (lightsabers as pictured) seems to be the other option.

Shelf comes in other colors as well, all with a black felt background. The inner shelves provide a thick enough area to place labels. Once completed I'll post another photo. Hope this gives fellow minifig collectors a great, dust-collecting-free way to display these little treasures! Enjoy!

Reaction score
The shelves aren't deep enough to hold a 4-stud plate, are they? I would consider one of these for the Collectible Minifigure line, but prefer to use the original stands. The Genie may not fit, though.

[EDIT] I mean 3-stud plates, of course.

Last edited:
Reaction score
No, unfortunately the shelves are only deep enough for a 2X plate with a little room in front & back which allows for weapons/accessories/backpacks etc. Every other shelf is removeable, however, so it you have taller items to display, you'd have about 4" to work with. Receieved my 48 2 X 12 black plates in the mail this weekend and I've just finished setting up my dispaly and will hopefully post a few snapshots soon.

Reaction score
Here's the completed display:

Image quality not the greatest but you get the idea. Squeezing the Han Carbonite block variants in wasn't the way I wanted to go, but it works.

Reaction score
Looks good.

What are those mini mini figures to the right of Santa Yoda???