Lego at Star Wars CVI

Reaction score
Well, as of today it's official!!!

Are any brickfans planning on going?

One of the highlights of the Exhibitor area at C5 was the turnout from Lego. I expect the same at C6!

Reaction score
The_Chosen_1 said:
Well, as of today it's official!!!

Are any brickfans planning on going?

One of the highlights of the Exhibitor area at C5 was the turnout from Lego. I expect the same at C6!
My family and I will be there. The displays at C5 were pretty amazing. I look forward to what there will be for LEGO at C6

Reaction score
I'll be there. Celebration V was a catalyst for my getting into Lego. I started buying things shortly after. All the displays were great.

I really regret not getting a white boba though.

Reaction score
ShoNuff15 said:
I'll be there. Celebration V was a catalyst for my getting into Lego. I started buying things shortly after. All the displays were great.

I really regret not getting a white boba though.
I guess I could say the same thing. I was into Lego before, but sold them all off (it was quite a big collection too). But I've recently gotten back in, thanks in large part to the impressive presence of Lego at C5. I regret not getting the Cubedudes.

Reaction score
hmmm, I believe I have one set of cube dudes left... I got 4 originally.

and some white boba fetss..

Reaction score
I'm glad it's somewhere out east, but I won't be going since I can't drive there. If it wasn't so close to SDCC I would consider going, but I can't afford 2 big trips next summer.

Reaction score
Sure, that's not problem, in fact, it's really generous of you to offer that.

I paid $288 for the flight, $400 for the room and $128 for the C5 ticket and $233 for the rental car.

I can take paypal.

Reaction score
On the last day down there, I parked near the back entrance. I put my parking receipt on the dash and went in for the shortest day.

When I got back, the receipt had burned on the top side. My camera was constantly going from hot to a/c and getting condensation on the lens. HOLY CRAP, Florida in August...

Reaction score
Bummer its not in Europe... Im sorely tempted to come stateside to C6....

I did C3 and loved it then 2 SDCCs in years after..

Reaction score
Orlando was a fantastic venue, and if C6 is anywhere near as good as C5 was it'll be a blast! If you have the means, I highly recommend making the trip over.

Reaction score
Just spoke with the wife and she's on board, so it looks like I'll be attending.

Reaction score
I did some searching and it has not yielded much!

I was hoping someone would have some good info on what to expect from the Lego booth at Star Wars Celebration VI at the end of this month in Orlando FL. I went to CV and got the bounty hunters set and am hoping they do something great like that again.

I didn't see anything in the CVI forum section either.

I am going to be there all 4 days so I hope to at least land a few cool exclusives.

Reaction score
I'll be there too and I'm a little disappointed we haven't heard anything from them. But then again, that seems to be par for the course for this celebration. Everything is pretty blah so far, hope there are lots of cool news/things to come. It'll be hard to live up to the awesome CV though.

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they were mum on the SDCC announcements until a day or two before the convention started. Even then, you don't find out all the details until you are at the show. That seems to be the way LEGO operates.

Reaction score
True, LEGO is usually pretty secretive about their Celebration plans until just before the event. I'm sure we can expect some sort of exclusive, though, and maybe even a minifigure giveaway similar to the white Boba Fett at C5.

If anyone is able to help me out with the C6 Lego exclusives and giveaways, I'd be willing to compensate you accordingly. I've only ever missed one Celebration before, so I'm pretty bummed about not making it this year. :(

Last edited:
Reaction score
They're pretty secretive about this stuff, and they do a really good job as no one knew about the tin at SDCC til the day off.

Speaking of, I'd be willing to trade a tin or two for a set or two of the CVI Lego exclusive. :)

Reaction score
Hoping we see shirtless Maul polybag at CVI like we saw white Boba at CV.

From what I heard at SDCC, it will be something different than what was in San Diego...how different, I don't know. You could still see the Maul with something else too.

Reaction score
I am among the many who would be willing to relieve some attendees of their extra exclusives!

Reaction score
I did some searching and it has not yielded much!

I was hoping someone would have some good info on what to expect from the Lego booth at Star Wars Celebration VI at the end of this month in Orlando FL. I went to CV and got the bounty hunters set and am hoping they do something great like that again.

I didn't see anything in the CVI forum section either.

I am going to be there all 4 days so I hope to at least land a few cool exclusives.
I went to C5 and the funny thing I found is that RSers wanted the White Boba Fetts, but for something trivial, like $5 or so because they were, from their perspective, given away free; ignoring the fact that most people had to pay some or all of 1) admission 2) accommodation 3) rental car and 4) flight

Over at bricklink, someone started a thread "hating SDCC exclusives" because they couldn't afford (or chose not) to go, and then resented the fact that those that did spend the money to go then wanted high prices for the things that they wanted, but didn't want to get themselves.

Just remember, exclusives are a way of offsetting the costs, please don't treat things people pick up at no cost as being the same as free.

Reaction score
I went to C5 and the funny thing I found is that RSers wanted the White Boba Fetts, but for something trivial, like $5 or so because they were, from their perspective, given away free; ignoring the fact that most people had to pay some or all of 1) admission 2) accommodation 3) rental car and 4) flight

Over at bricklink, someone started a thread "hating SDCC exclusives" because they couldn't afford (or chose not) to go, and then resented the fact that those that did spend the money to go then wanted high prices for the things that they wanted, but didn't want to get themselves.

Just remember, exclusives are a way of offsetting the costs, please don't treat things people pick up at no cost as being the same as free.
It's pretty ugly on other forums too. Someone started a petition on Eurobricks about the SDCC figures too. The thread eventually got shut down due to people arguing back and forth regarding the selling of exclusives and Lego "unfairly" treating their fans.

Can't make everyone happy, yes I went to SDCC, got my exclusives. I'm hoping that someone going to NYCC is willing to do a trade when they get theirs, and same goes for those going to CVI. :)

Reaction score

This is a great point to remember. People who have never been to a big convention like SDCC may not have any idea what it costs to get there. You have to pay for airfare ($450 for me this year from Ohio), overpriced hotels (sometimes $200-300 a night), car rental, tickets ($175 for 4-day pass), parking, and the cost of the item. Then there's vacation time off work that you have to bank for a 5-7 day trip like this. In no way should you feel sorry for anyone who is willing to incur those expenses to travel to Comic-Con, but don't expect them to sell you something near cost when they can get 2-3x that much on eBay to help offset the cost of their trip. If you have a problem with the secondary market prices, complain to the companies who limit the supply of these exclusives. Resellers don't have any control over that. They're just taking advantage of the high demand for that item.

Reaction score
I always look at it this way.. If I go and get the one I want, I am happy. If I get extras, I end up trading them for things I don't already have or put em up for sale w/ a starting price equal to what I paid and let the world dictate the rest! In most cases, a trade occurs before I get a chance to sell them.

Reaction score
This is a great point to remember. People who have never been to a big convention like SDCC may not have any idea what it costs to get there. You have to pay for airfare ($450 for me this year from Ohio), overpriced hotels (sometimes $200-300 a night), car rental, tickets ($175 for 4-day pass), parking, and the cost of the item. Then there's vacation time off work that you have to bank for a 5-7 day trip like this. In no way should you feel sorry for anyone who is willing to incur those expenses to travel to Comic-Con, but don't expect them to sell you something near cost when they can get 2-3x that much on eBay to help offset the cost of their trip. If you have a problem with the secondary market prices, complain to the companies who limit the supply of these exclusives. Resellers don't have any control over that. They're just taking advantage of the high demand for that item.
I always look at it this way.. If I go and get the one I want, I am happy. If I get extras, I end up trading them for things I don't already have or put em up for sale w/ a starting price equal to what I paid and let the world dictate the rest! In most cases, a trade occurs before I get a chance to sell them.
I can't agree more than the two statements above. People feel that spending over a $1,000 and then some for a vacation is our perogative, so they should realize that people selling to recoup their expenses is gonna happen.

I am all for trading too. Especially with two more events to go this year with exclusive Lego. Who's up for trading? :)

Reaction score
Friday 24th August:
[h=4]Star Wars LEGO[/h]Time: 1:00pm - 2:00pm
Description: Whilst the LEGO brick has been around for almost 60 years, it’s only existed as a Star Wars licensed product since 1999. Now in its 14th year, there are hundreds of sets, thousands of minifigures, and millions of possibilities. Join James Burns, Duncan Jenkins and special guests as they look back at the history of LEGO Star Wars sets, how the minifigure has evolved over the last 14 years, the elusive exclusives and a brief glimpse into the future.
Topics: Collectors, Toys

Reaction score
Friday 24th August:
Star Wars LEGO

Time: 1:00pm - 2:00pm
Description: Whilst the LEGO brick has been around for almost 60 years, it’s only existed as a Star Wars licensed product since 1999. Now in its 14th year, there are hundreds of sets, thousands of minifigures, and millions of possibilities. Join James Burns, Duncan Jenkins and special guests as they look back at the history of LEGO Star Wars sets, how the minifigure has evolved over the last 14 years, the elusive exclusives and a brief glimpse into the future.
Topics: Collectors, Toys
Any boardies going? I'd love to check out this panel. I was quite disappointed that the only panel Lego had was for Ninjago this year. :(

Reaction score
I'll be at this. I think I'm going to live blog or video most of the stuff I attend. I'm gonna throw a twitter account together for it and maybe a quick site to show off the pictures. More details in the next few days.

Reaction score
I'll be at this. I think I'm going to live blog or video most of the stuff I attend. I'm gonna throw a twitter account together for it and maybe a quick site to show off the pictures. More details in the next few days.
SUH-Weet!! I'd watch that sucker!!

Reaction score
SUH-Weet!! I'd watch that sucker!!
I got the basic stuff done. Twitter is setup and the live blog site is too. follow me @CVIBountyHunter for links to the videos as they become available. I'll also be live posting photos from some of the Vendors (especially Lego!)

Reaction score
That's awesome, Bounty. Thanks for doing that. This will be only the second Celebration I've missed, so I'm bummed about missing the first LEGO collecting panel.