Legends of the West Kickstarter!

Reaction score
We are at $71,328 pledged of the $76,000 goal with 26 days to go. If you have not told your friends or anyone you think might be interested in this, now is the time to act.

Reaction score
Finally got to open up my Texas Ranger that I got for Christmas. Happy to report, they seen to have sorted out the joint issues and he was ready for action straight off of the card. Kudos to CFT for the badge, if you zoom in you can see it is inscribed with "Texas Ranger". Really dig this guy, the colors are great. A welcome addition to my DNL collection:

20210101_163952_resized (2).jpg

Reaction score
Well, here I am back again with some photographs!
IMG_20210109_013112_6.jpg
IMG_20210109_013217_8.jpg
Considering I have the right carpet for the background as well as horses, they do fit right in! Perhaps I might get some more PTE horse and maybe repaint them into different colours. At least they fit right in.

Anyway, these figures look so amazing! I absolutely love these kinds of figures and they would have made my childhood something had they existed back in the day. Still, they function well and a great for the collection and the best part is that they can mixed and matched up to create totally new characters! I know because I ordered an extra Man in Black figure, two Boot Hill Loot packs, a Most Wanted 5-Pack, a Boot Hill Loot Gear pack and the Raid the Weapons pack to create my own figure!

And yes, I am totally aware of the issue with the arm articulation so I did what most sensible people did and dunk them in hot, hot water and that did the trick! I got in touch with Mr J.E. Russell himself and I will get back in touch with a review for him to read. I love this figures so much I'm tempted to buy the Marshal (while stocks last probably at the time of writing this here post) and the newly-released Texas Ranger Post-1872. Let's hope for the best!

Reaction score
What horse is that? The PTE horse? I am unfamiliar with them and I would like to get s few horses that work with these figures. I've only got one, the Indiana Jones one. These look great though!

Reaction score
While I'm waiting for my DNL order to come through as it's stuck in customs, I need you guys to help me pick a head for my Western likeness - which head that almost resembles me should I go for?
View attachment 374030
I'm thinking either Head 1 or Head 5.

LOL, how can we help you when we don't know what you look like?

Yes, the World Peacekeepers horse. The Hasbro Indiana Jones horse I still have somewhere. Besides, those were what I used to work with.

Ohhh...PTE...Power Team Elite! Duh...should have figured that out. I've still not been able to get my hands on any of those.

Reaction score
LOL, how can we help you when we don't know what you look like?

Ohhh...PTE...Power Team Elite! Duh...should have figured that out. I've still not been able to get my hands on any of those.
Try looking on E-Bay or anywhere possible. The saddles and riding tack however are a different matter. They can be either tracked down or scratch-made provided they are in scale with the appropriate measurements.

Reaction score
Since the bFS horses were announced the pte horses have not shown up at big lots like every year before that.

Reaction score
The Marshal is a great figure, probably my favorite but then I am a Wyatt Earp junkie so go figure. I mean, they are all great figures, but somehting about the Marshal speaks to me. I don't have the KP Trooper.

Reaction score
They're here! They finally came!!! And that ain't no lie, neither!
IMG_20210121_191427_1[1].jpg
Say Hey-Howdy-Do to the Bar J Boys! (The J is a nod to J. E. Russell.)

And now, the moment y'all been waiting many moons for!
IMG_20210121_191508_8[1].jpg
IMG_20210121_191558_3[1].jpg
The hat was originally light grey but it was painted black (I was gonna use the Territories Lawman's hat but he won't part from it so I bought the right pack for it). The vest is also black despite being described as grey so it blends in with the figure nicely. The head I went for is Head 5 from the Head Hunter Pack that I also ordered.

The figures are so amazing and definitely worth having in your collection (just remember to dunk them under hot water, I know I did exactly that)!

Reaction score
As a current resident of Texas, former resident of Arizona, and having been all over the south west, I assure you that no one 'round these parts says "Hey-howdy-do", but I do admire your enthusiasm ;)

Reaction score
And here we are! Just like I promised!
IMG_20210128_234925_3[1].jpg
Law Dogs, anyone?
IMG_20210128_235407_2[1].jpg
"Just a routine patrol, Marshal. The pay-roll train will be rollin' its way through to town first thing in the morning so a patrol may be present in the area."
"The sooner that train comes and goes, the better. With a bandit problem, you can never be too damn careful."
"'Zackly, that's why we bunk with the horses."
"Bunk with tha horses? Mighty unsual."
"*WHISPERS* One of the horses contains important goverment documents inside the saddle-bag."
"Gotcha. If anything happens unexpectedly, we won't hezzy-tate to form a posse."
"I reckon so, too."
IMG_20210128_235012_3[1].jpg
Two legendary figures together in this scale - a blast from the past for future generations!
IMG_20210128_235200_2[1].jpg
Off I go riding across the plains to another destination - who knows where I may wind up or who I may encounter? Be it a down-on-luck loser, lonesome outcast, a downtrodden, battered and abandoned band of minorities, they may need someone to turn to. To those who oppress anyone or dare to cross swords with me, the outcome is cloudy; at best they may live to regret it, but at worst, they may not even live.

What do y'all think? Cool closing motto I did there.

Reaction score
And here we are! Just like I promised!
View attachment 376036
Law Dogs, anyone?
View attachment 376037
"Just a routine patrol, Marshal. The pay-roll train will be rollin' its way through to town first thing in the morning so a patrol may be present in the area."
"The sooner that train comes and goes, the better. With a bandit problem, you can never be too damn careful."
"'Zackly, that's why we bunk with the horses."
"Bunk with tha horses? Mighty unsual."
"*WHISPERS* One of the horses contains important goverment documents inside the saddle-bag."
"Gotcha. If anything happens unexpectedly, we won't hezzy-tate to form a posse."
"I reckon so, too."
View attachment 376040
Two legendary figures together in this scale - a blast from the past for future generations!
View attachment 376042
Off I go riding across the plains to another destination - who knows where I may wind up or who I may encounter? Be it a down-on-luck loser, lonesome outcast, a downtrodden, battered and abandoned band of minorities, they may need someone to turn to. To those who oppress anyone or dare to cross swords with me, the outcome is cloudy; at best they may live to regret it, but at worst, they may not even live.

What do y'all think? Cool closing motto I did there.

Awesome - what is the building you used?

Reaction score
These cowboy sets shelf warmed for years at tru, once they disappeared & this line was announced the prices soared. Honestly it would be a good move to re-release these somehow. They were quality sets but only cheap cowboys to go with them.

Reaction score
These cowboy sets shelf warmed for years at tru, once they disappeared & this line was announced the prices soared. Honestly it would be a good move to re-release these somehow. They were quality sets but only cheap cowboys to go with them.
Blimey O'Riley! I only have the Sheriff's office with me, but what I would need is the Saloon from Chap Mei (should I ever get a bartender and some female figures to make into saloon girls one day). Any ideas on where to obtain one? It would have to be UK traders owing much to all the Brexit guffins going on right now.

Reaction score
That, Sir, would happen to be a Chap Mei Sheriff's Office I obtained years back. Chap Mei is reputedly a cheap Chinese action figure manufacturer.At some point, I had a stagecoach which I may not have with me and also a covered wagon that I still have.

Do you like the vignette I made up?

Looks fantastic.

Thanks for the info on Chap Mei - I've heard and seen there stuff but haven't purchased anything. Good to know.

Reaction score
Looks fantastic.

Thanks for the info on Chap Mei - I've heard and seen there stuff but haven't purchased anything. Good to know.
Thank you. You are most welcome The fun thing about these figures is that you can mix and match up various parts to make up a whole new figure (unless you don't mind a bit of painting, I know I did because of the hats).

Reaction score
Finally got to open up my Texas Ranger that I got for Christmas. Happy to report, they seen to have sorted out the joint issues and he was ready for action straight off of the card. Kudos to CFT for the badge, if you zoom in you can see it is inscribed with "Texas Ranger". Really dig this guy, the colors are great. A welcome addition to my DNL collection:

View attachment 372694
I've got mine a-comin' along with the Badlands Vigilante, the Saloon Bartender, the Fire Brigadier, another Garrison KP Trooper and some buckaroos plus some Gear and Loot packs!

Reaction score
yeah I was never able to locate those sets, every time I went inside they were OOS and never saw them listed on their websites. The only place was essentially ebay which were all scalper prices. I used to love those "cheaper" version but at some point they became popular too, possibly jus as much as all those main lines.

I don't see them ever coming back, not as long as TRU type stores are gone. Maybe if they wanted to open their own online store like Tung finally did but i imagine they'd have a whole new higher price just the same.

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the prototype samples? The five other figures are nicely done (mostly) even the Ranahan which looks almost like a variation of the Trail Boss, the only similarity being both figures have the same hat.

Still, they look totally promising! In fact, what I am gonna do with my figures is give them names to give them much more character and personalities.

One of the best things about these Buckaroo figures is the endless possiblities of customizing; for example, these Buckaroos:
1612663129236.png1612663176011.png
Some bits may need a spot of paint like on the suspenders or conchos on the chaps but that's up to you, really. However, if you're like me, you could simply change the colour of the hats or whichever doubles you ahve, I know I have done.anything. They could be either cowboys, outlaws or just generic settlers like in Red Dead, Hell on Wheels, Bonanza or Gunsmoke. Anyone agree?

Reaction score
While waiting on the recent orders from CTF, here's some planned recolours and customization ideas I have planned so far:
1613268689694.png
Yes, I know it's hats ATM, but it will expand as I plan along. In my last post, I mentioned that the Buckaroo figures were great for customizing and they are! When the figures arrive, some bits of them may receive extra detail!

Last edited:
Reaction score
So, whilst still waiting for more figures from CTF to come all the way from Dallas, TX, here's some customizing I wish to share with y'all:
1613857266881.png
On the left - the Sharpshooter now carries a six-gun as well as a knife and Buffalo Rifle. The cross-draw holster from the Man in balck figure was painted from black to match the colour on the ammo belt. As for the Sharpshooter, I've given him a new name - Roy Walsh.
On the right - the Sidewinder (based on myself) has just had a shave and stylish wrist cuffs like the Ranch Hand and the Fire Brigadier. Yes, I know that there are some spots still there as picked up on camera but they will be removed off and probably painted with a bit of a five o'clock shadow.

Reaction score
My orders are finally on their way! All I can do now is wait a while and bide my time. In the meantime, I came up with names for the figures I have from the range. I even made codes for them:

* - law enforcement
**- civilian
**{}- townfolk
***{}- cavalry
****{}- folk hero or character

*The Marshal - Tom Gleeson
*The Territories Lawman - Elijah 'Freeman' Reeves
*The Texas Ranger - Samuel Goode
**The Sharpshooter - Roy Walsh
**The Trail Boss - Rossiter Russell
**The Ranch Hand - Calvin 'Pardner' Yates
****{}The Hired Gun - Kid Slim (his real name I have yet to reveal)
**{}The Saloon Bartender - Dominik 'Dom' Murphy

What do y'all think? They sound just about fitting for them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yessir, by golly and by cracky! More DNL figures arrived!
1616198021489.png
The platoon from Fort Marx are awaiting the gold shipment (a reference to the old Marx toy company and not Karl Marx).
1616198114892.png

It's Don Juan! He's arrived in town and the law ain't gonna put up with his nonsense!
1616198267936.png
Justice has been done! Black Bud is next!
1616198383566.png
The Bar JR Boys are back again! Along with a newcomer, E.G. Newman (the fella in the blue shirt and black chaps).
1616198741940.png
The new and improved Kid Slim, the way it was meant to be! Now, he looks even better and reminiscent to Luke Skywalker in ROTJ! He now has a Saddle Rifle and Outlaw Pistol as originally intended.
1616199450349.png
And here are the law dawgs once again!

Now, I did get the Saloon Bartender and the Fire Brigadier as well, and even though they're kinda bland, I still think they're nice figures. I did get another buckaroo body and I made him either a ranch worker because of the vambraces or a settler but we'll see how it works out. Anyway, I hope you'll like the scenes I made with the figures. When I order more once they're released, I will think up more names for them and show them here.

Last edited: