Legends of the West Kickstarter!

Reaction score
Well, once the line takes off, I would most likely purchase a handful of the figures for display and diorama purposes.

And to celebrate the successful KS funding, I have been working on something everybody would like.

Reaction score
Well, once the line takes off, I would most likely purchase a handful of the figures for display and diorama purposes.

And to celebrate the successful KS funding, I have been working on something everybody would like.
So these will be available outside of the Kick Starter?

Reaction score
My understanding is that the average number of each figure that'll be produced is 3,000. You can see by the number of KS contributors that's greater than they'll be getting, so there will indeed be more available 'at retail' afterwards, but my further understanding is that 3,000 is about half what's normally produced with indie toys so expect them to go fast once they show up.

Reaction score
Good to know. When you say "each figure", does that mean that they will be making all of the figures, regardless of whether or not they were unlocked during the KS? I really want the "Name your own Cowboy" and "Name your own Outlaw" figures but they weren't unlocked.

Reaction score
Good to know. When you say "each figure", does that mean that they will be making all of the figures, regardless of whether or not they were unlocked during the KS? I really want the "Name your own Cowboy" and "Name your own Outlaw" figures but they weren't unlocked.
Ah well, can't have everything... Besides, even if they were, you could always create your own buckaroo.

Reaction score
So, I finally found the answer to my earlier question on the FB page:

After the kickstarter is over, and backerkits are sent out, production starts ect will there be a separate store set up to buy wave 1 goods?

JE Russell We plan to have a website of our own, and there is already space reserved. Corey at Smalljoes.com will also be carrying a lot of our stuff.

Reaction score
So I was pondering the sharpshooter yesterday, and now have a dilemma. Because it appears he can be used for both "Lone Ranger" and "Rocketeer" customs. but I've never been one to spend $25 on one custom fodder piece. lol

Reaction score
So I was pondering the sharpshooter yesterday, and now have a dilemma. Because it appears he can be used for both "Lone Ranger" and "Rocketeer" customs. but I've never been one to spend $25 on one custom fodder piece. lol
How about the Noir Spider-Man for a Rocketeer custom?

Reaction score
I don't know the official word at the moment, but it really only matters once we see what's on the coming BackerKit.

Reaction score
"I just checked the DNL Kickstarter and nothing much has updated... You don't suppose they ran off with all the money, do you?"

I take back everything I said - I saw the pre-production samples and I fell in love with them. I can't wait to get them in 2018!

Last edited:
Reaction score
lol I forget about it from time to time, since I don't get update emails as often. But I'm sure it will work out. If not, this will be the first and last time I do something like this.

Reaction score
I have to say the updates on Facebook are nice to see, but I am a bit discouraged that they don't update the kick-starter. I don't have Facebook and they haven't answered private messages nor comment message i left. I was unaware that investing in this venture meant I had to have a facebook or I likely wouldn't have done it. Even looking at their Facebook it appears questions posted from this week have gone ignored. They are at a convention this weekend, but they didn't even respond to stuff earlier in the week. Its a bit discouraging at the moment.

Reaction score
I have to say the updates on Facebook are nice to see, but I am a bit discouraged that they don't update the kick-starter. I don't have Facebook and they haven't answered private messages nor comment message i left. I was unaware that investing in this venture meant I had to have a facebook or I likely wouldn't have done it. Even looking at their Facebook it appears questions posted from this week have gone ignored. They are at a convention this weekend, but they didn't even respond to stuff earlier in the week. Its a bit discouraging at the moment.

I'm sure they'll get back to them, I hope.

Utinniii

Reaction score
erhaps someone with Facebook should leave a comment regarding these problems. They might update the Kickstarter if they realized not doing it was costing them sales.
P

Reaction score

Let's not be too quick to jump to conclusions. I'm sure they're already busy signing legal stuff and distribution rights, so there's no need to worry.

Reaction score
They respond to posts all the time, but I wonder if you can't seem them because of your lack of FB. They did create a website recently, which has many pictures of the figures, the engineering samples, and more:

https://www.chickenfriedtoys.com/

Reaction score
I can see the Facebook and responses. They had promised some stuff from the joecon and weren't updating the Facebook this week as they had said. I saw that yesterday both creators came on and apologized and then spoke. My issue isnt really even the updates as I can see the facebook, but more the lack of communication and the feeling of disrespect that ot gives from the Russell fellow. He flat out says he will not update kick-starter as it is time consuming. Well sorry to burst your bubble but you took my $450 via kick-starter not on Facebook or some other media. His total abandonment of kick-starter has created a lack of response there. I have sent multiple messages with questions beginning on May 6th and no response to any of them. Like I said, it is discouraging as a consumer to see that when I was such an advocate of the line that I wholeheartedly supported the venture (even going all in before they made the all in better) and that they welcomed my money when the campaign was going; only to see them now acting as though the toy line is so important they don't have time to return to the place their funding originated from and at least answer some private messages.

Reaction score
I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but what kind of questions are left to ask at this point?
It's not relevant what the questions are. It would be like you taking money via rebelscum sale then telling me you will no longer accept messages regarding anything on rebelscum and I must respond via a different forum or website.

The questions were in relation to some things he, the post creator, had written. Mainly regarding casted parts and the prototypes shown, but again I don't see the relevance of it given that the context is more dealing with his lack of regard to the kick-starter subjects who funded this. Surely i am not the only one without Facebook who may have questions. And looking at the comments on the kick-starter you can see clearly well before my private messages people asking questions via the comments section of kick-starter that were unanswered.

It's just more a small gripe that they seem to feel that now they have their money they owe nothing to the people who funded the project. Like I said it is aggravating. Not a huge scandalous issue, but does mean if/when things come through i wouldnt be willing to help or recommend to others to help with more projects. I did spread word over another forum where I help moderate and repeatedly hit this thread on this forum as well as a few local conversations here in the Dallas-ft worth area where I reside.

Reaction score
It's just more a small gripe that they seem to feel that now they have their money they owe nothing to the people who funded the project. Like I said it is aggravating. Not a huge scandalous issue, but does mean if/when things come through i wouldnt be willing to help or recommend to others to help with more projects. I did spread word over another forum where I help moderate and repeatedly hit this thread on this forum as well as a few local conversations here in the Dallas-ft worth area where I reside.
Well, I think your expectations are silly. These are guys who have full time jobs and families in addition to running a very complicated manufacturing project. I have sent JE and Paul private Facebook messages a couple times and received answers pretty quickly. Have you run a kickstarter before? The mechanism for posting/answering questions is not easily done on a phone. I think we should be lucky that these guys created a good product which has been progressing steadily towards delivery. So many other KS projects have failed to fund, I'm just happy that this one not only made it, but the figures are surpassing my expectations.

Here's a video from JoeCon where they talk about the line. (Including a potential second kickstarter for horses)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw7F1NrGF6o

Reaction score
Well, I think your expectations are silly. These are guys who have full time jobs and families in addition to running a very complicated manufacturing project. I have sent JE and Paul private Facebook messages a couple times and received answers pretty quickly. Have you run a kickstarter before? The mechanism for posting/answering questions is not easily done on a phone. I think we should be lucky that these guys created a good product which has been progressing steadily towards delivery. So many other KS projects have failed to fund, I'm just happy that this one not only made it, but the figures are surpassing my expectations.

Here's a video from JoeCon where they talk about the line. (Including a potential second kickstarter for horses)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw7F1NrGF6o
I think you misunderstand, I am not asking for them to post every update they have on Facebook, but without doubt they have created a huge lack in communication. Just looking at the comment section of their kick-starter there are questions in there on March 9th, March 23rd, April 5th, April 12th, April 26th, may 4th, and may 26th. Is iy unreasonable to ask they answer questions via the place they gathered money?? My own private question was sent may 6th and a follow up here in June with no answer. I don't think I am being "silly" there are months of time with no direct communication unless you go to Facebook, which is not the medium where they accepted the money. My point is it is aggravating and that it is discouraging to see a lack of regard for the people who may be feeling shunned. So I don't see where I am being "silly" at all. Am I to the point of saying fraud is in play and credit card charge backs and whatnot are needed, of course not. The point I was/am making is that their refusal to even answer questions dating back to march is not acceptable.

Reaction score
Again, not being a jerk but mostly all those questions asked have already been answered. Again, at this point, I can't see what else could be asked. The lineup is set and they've made it clear what will be available to buy and to whom and when.

Either way, they've asked repeatedly to ask questions and converse via Facebook. Which, to be honest, makes it easier for everyone as repeat questions can be handled by others who know the answers.

Reaction score
Judging by the comments on April 26th and then may 4th, I am not the only backer who may desire for more communication to be done on kick-starter. I dont see how this is not coming across, regardless of question content the kick-starter is where the money was collected. Facebook may be "easier" to them or you or whoever, but kick-starter is where the campaign was conducted and the money collected. No where in it did it say that Facebook would be a requirement.

Again I said this is just a small gripe, but it is a valid one none the less. Not to mention in his own comment on may 26th he tells those on kick-starter to expect some pictures and updates within 7 days yet the last update was in March (23rd I think, but would have to look to confirm) so that means he even failed to update with what he said he would do. Again, not an issue as I can see the Facebook. But seeing the Facebook and having direct communication are two different things. It isn't the backers responsibility to go to Facebook. The backers all made the choice to back the project via kick-starter. If the funds had come in via Facebook then I could understand saying we will use Facebook only but they didn't. In fact the Facebook page was created after the project I believe or maybe around the same time.

Either way the point is Facebook is all well and good for some, but not all backers; yet since they backed the project via kick-starter then logically kick-starter is good to reach all backers and not just some. Therefore logic would dictate Facebook should be the secondary area to the kick-starter.

Again, the biggest gripe is the complete lack of communication. Again, content of the question doesn't matter and is irrelevant. The point is questions have been asked to include private one (which one would assume they would get an email notification or something from) and they have gone unanswered in the location where the answers should be placed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
They've got my Money, so it's pretty much settled. If they don't deliver, I'll just chalk it up to an investment gone wrong. The amount I gave them probably wouldn't warrant the expense to get it back. If it does go south, I simply won't ever support such a thing again

I plan/planned to get the 2 Marshal, 2 Lawman, and maybe one other.

Reaction score
Which figures would you guys get? I'll get the Marshal, the Territories Lawman, the Ranch Hand and the Trail Boss.
I ended up going in with two others on an All-in x 3. We'll use the backerkit to order extras for everyone. Looking forward to it.

Reaction score
So an update to this for those of you who may have not been keeping up. The figures are in America and they are fantastic. Incredibly well made figures with lots of details and accessories and lots of articulation. Figures can hold their guns well and joints are ratcheted and tight. These are some of the best designed figures ever made.

They are in the Smalljoes warehouse and then Chicken Fried Toys will be travelling to Smalljoes' warehouse the middle of July to start the counting and shipping part to the Kickstarter backers.

Pre-orders are up at Smalljoes by going to the link listed here: http://smalljoes.com/cat/Chicken-Fried-Toys-CFT-Dime-Novel-Legends-DNL-56.shtml

Here at some pictures i took from JoeFest this past weekend that will show you how awesome the final figures turned out:

Last edited: