Legends of the West Kickstarter!

Reaction score
I dunno when the KS campaign starts up, but we've got control art for them:
Thanks to Troy Osgood for the pics!

Reaction score
The facebook says these will be 3 3/4 inch so they should scale to fit witht he old Gabriel lone ranger and zorro and the kenner butch and sundance lines. I am happy to see that scale.

Reaction score
These look great. Hopefully they'll throw a few females in the mix too.

Reaction score
My sentiment exactly! I would definitely contribute if at least one woman was added to the mix.
I had the thought that the line needed a female character or two. Not just regular females in dresses either. Their were quite a few strong female western characters. http://thewildwest.org/cowboys/wildwestlegendarywomen
Also if the line thrives and expands into some native American figures that would be a great direction.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I had the thought that the line needed a female character or two. Not just regular females in dresses either. Their were quite a few strong female western characters. http://thewildwest.org/cowboys/wildwestlegendarywomen
Also if the line thrives and expands into some native American figures that would be a great direction.
Yes, I was thinking Annie Oakley, Calamity Jane, or Belle Starr. But, any on that list would be awesome.

Reaction score
If the line succeeds there will definitely be ladies and Natives. As well as horses, stagecoaches, and a town facade playset. My understanding is that they're working with a few tribal representatives to get the okay on authenticity for the Native designs.The protos:

Reaction score
From one of the creators:
Alyosha said:
Fellas, this is something I've been working on with my business partner for the last 7 years. As a fan of great action figures, we want to make sure that these measure up in every way.The initial lineup is slated for 12 figures (11, plus 1 KS exclusive). We plan to go to KS in the late fall of this year. Horses are planned, but not in wave 1. The "t-crotch" figures are prototypes we purchased several years ago from the cancelled 2001 Dusty Trails line and are just inspirations for where our line is going. The Stagecoach is going to be a high end goal for wave 1. There will be gear and acc sets peppered throughout the KS, along with some "blank" figures to put those sets on for designing your own yahoos. More information is available on the FB website. And there will be new digital sculpt reveals this week after I get home from Colorado. Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Reaction score
I AM ALL IN ON THIS ONE!

I really wanted Boss Fight Studios to do these and in a way they are...but I am wanting an old west line more than anything.

Reaction score
Any indications on when this might show up on kickstarter? We need some gun toting women as well as some ladies for the saloon. Speaking of which, a saloon play set would be great.

Reaction score
Per Alyosha:
As promised, now that I have had some sleep, here is a list of items that we are talking about for series 2 of the line provided the KS does well enough to get us through series 1 and have some capital left over:Soiled DovePrairie WifeSchool Marm/Shopkeeper's WidowCalvary OfficerCalvary Trooper Calvary Soldier (Buffalo Soldier)Gambler ShootistBlacksmith FiremanNative Tribal ScoutNative Tribal BraveNative Tribal ChiefArticulated Horse X4 different colorationsCannon w/ Trooper (Smalljoes.com exclusive)Gatling Gun w/ Soldier (website exclusive)All of these things are subject to change, but as you can see we have a pretty nice selection between just wv 1 and wv 2 of archetypes to fill out your town. If we get to wv 3, then we will have a "fat body" sculpted for the male figure to do some more and different towns people.Regarding the KS, when it goes live, there will be a poll for you guys to help pick names for the "Create Your Own Cowboy" and "Create Your Own Outlaw" as well as pick the color pattern for the Cowboy himself. More news on that as we approach the date.
He also said that they're shooting for a six-week KS campaign to start on Oct 1st, but that if that timeframe fell through they'd hold off until March so nobody has to choose between Cowboys or Xmas gifts.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Also from him:
JE RussellBlanks. Single Colored shirts with hands, single color pants with boots. What other reason would we have for adding gear (weapons, belts) and accs (coats, hats) in special colors not available on any figure to the KS at every other level? Oh, wait...did I just reveal something IMPORTANT?

Reaction score
The wave 2 assortment sounds like some great ideas already. Keep us posted on the kick starter as by October I will be in football mode and have forgotten about this most likely.

Hope they do some strong females as well as saloon type girls just to get a decent mix.

Reaction score
Do you reckon they might do figures from Western films and TV shows like Silverado, Bonanza, The High Chaparral, Tombstone, The Hateful Eight, The Dollars Trilogy, Hell on Wheels, Cowboys and Aliens and even Bone Tomahawk?
Figures *from*? No, this will be an original line featuring archetypes and license-free characters. Figures *inspired by*? Quite possibly, depending on how beloved any of those films are by the team.

Reaction score
Digisculpt for the Territories Lawman, which some say has a passing resemblance to Bass Reeves:

Nice sculpt, though the hat reminds me of Michael Beihn as Johnny Ringo from Tombstone (1993). The hat looks almost like a Boss of the PLians made into an Aussie-style slouch hat, but maybe the designers could take inspiration from Silverado (1985) and The Searchers (1956) for the classic Hollywood Western look.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Per JE Russell: Let's talk about the elephant in the room, as it's coming up on decision time to decide whether it's going to be made in series 1 as we'd planned, or have to be pushed. Given the GARGANTUAN costs of tooling (it's about the same budget as the ENTIRE figure lineup), the Stagecoach will have some caveats. It will firstly, be a stretch goal all on it's own and NOT included in the "All-IN!" packages. Also, we are working on how to get it produced. The horses have to be static (with removable tack), if you want horses with it at all. We may be able to swing a ball jointed head. Tooling costs and all that. Also, helping reach the stretch goal will only pay for the tooling, and production costs will have to come out on the other side of that. This means that unlocking it, gets you a steep discount on one, not free as a bonus. MSRP is going to be around $129 or so, we think. Given all those details, is it something you can budget for? Conceivably, if you bought just a smaller package (not All-IN!) and this unlocks, you would be able to purchase. Same obviously goes with the "All-IN!" package holders. I know this is all strange, and not how things usually work, but given the massive cash outlay it's going to cost, it's the only way we can think of to get it done. Also, it will come with a driver made out of pre-existing parts. No new tooling, but there will be a figure included. What do you think? In or out?

Reaction score
Can one of the Staff change the thread name to 'Dime Novel Legends (of the West) Kickstarter' to reflect the change of the line?

Reaction score
Your best bet is to wait for Wave 2.Otherwise, there's the Indiana Jones horse that's most popular due to its artic, and the PowerTeamElite horses popular for their cheap price and plentitude, or you can try the various Schleic/Papo/Safari Ltd/CollectA statues.But really, you should wait.

Reaction score
Yes, of coures I've got an Indiana Jones horse, which is the only horse from the films that Hasbro has ever done (except for My Little Pony, but let's not go astray). If I was to use that, I'll need to make some reproductions based on it if I had the skills and technology. Finding them loose is like finding a needle in a haystack. As for the Schleich, Papo and Bullyland horses, I'll need to make sure that they're the right scale for my custom Bonanza figures, of course.

Reaction score
I don't know how I missed this thread for so long, but these look AWESOME! I've never participated in a kickstarter for anything, ever...but I am soooo in on this!

Reaction score
Dollar Tree had some 1:18th scale horse (No moving parts) But its a cheap way to stock up on horses.

Reaction score
I sure hope it's possible to paint the horses to match the ones the Cartwrights used in the original show.
:grin: lol

Theses are pretty neat looking, but the western theme doesn't work well with my Sci-Fi focus. And yes, I've seen Firefly/Serenity.
Though I'm really tempted to get a few marshals! Also could ah gone for a Classic Lone Ranger sculpt.