Legends in 3D Star Wars Darth Maul Half-Scale Bust

Reaction score
Coming in spring 2020, it's the Legends in 3D Star Wars Darth Maul Half-Scale Bust! Based on his appearance in Solo: A Star Wars Story!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Always been a HUGE fan of the Legends in 3D busts from the late '90s. I still own the Boba Fett one in fact, and used to own the Emperor and Greedo as well.

So if we get some Troopers, the Vader they teased I can see me buying these. However they really need to get their QC down! Because if Diamond cannot get a mini bust right without a litany of issues, I hate to see how many things can wrong with a more detailed piece like this with much more weight to it.

Reaction score
CORRECTION: I want to make a correction about the first post of this thread, which is not my fault but GG's instead. When they first posted that silhouette of Maul for the half scale bust they said it would be based on the SOLO movie, so I just copied and pasted their own words. Now they have come out and said it was an error on their part, and the bust won't be based on his Solo appearance, but actually on The Phantom Menace. Since the first post can no longer be edited, the Solo pics and writing above will have to stand incorrect. I just wanted to clear that out so there's no confusion. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
That is a shame, so much TPM Maul out there, one of the first Solo Maul collectibles would sell very well.

Is it possible he is under the cloth here?

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. At first glance it looked to me like the back of a hooded Maul, but upon increasing the size of the picture it does not look that way so much. Honestly, I can't make it out. I'm thrown off by the uncovered Maul silhouette of the half scale bust they showed us, and the lack of noticeable pointy forms on the covering fabric where the horns should be. Could it possibly be a different half scale bust they have not mentioned or another statue? What would that lump sticking out could be towards the lower part of the covered piece?

Edit: Giving it a second look ...Hmm, it does look again like it may be the half scale Maul bust turned sideways? That triangular lower stretched out area of the fabric looks like the pointy ends of the shoulders on an arm-less bust ... I'm thinking again it could be Maul :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Oh, did i discover a Solo Maul Mini Bust (upper section second from right, beside old man Luke?) there?

Reaction score
It appears to me the Legends in 3D bust is actually covered, hiding what is underneath.

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. At first glance it looked to me like the back of a hooded Maul, but upon increasing the size of the picture it does not look that way so much. Honestly, I can't make it out. I'm thrown off by the uncovered Maul silhouette of the half scale bust they showed us, and the lack of noticeable pointy forms on the covering fabric where the horns should be. Could it possibly be a different half scale bust they have not mentioned or another statue? What would that lump sticking out could be towards the lower part of the covered piece?

Edit: Giving it a second look ...Hmm, it does look again like it may be the half scale Maul bust turned sideways? That triangular lower stretched out area of the fabric looks like the pointy ends of the shoulders on an arm-less bust ... I'm thinking again it could be Maul :)

GG confirmed on their instagram that is is Kylo Ren and not Maul underneath.

meh lol

Reaction score
Here he is in the flesh! I like how the base resembles his lightsaber :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
It looks good and I am glad it is TPM Maul. If you are kicking off a new line with Darth Maul, then releasing the most iconic version of the character makes total sense to me.

Reaction score
It actually is a REALLY nice piece, one I would consider since I don't have any Darth Maul pieces in my collection. Add in I loved this line decades ago, and it would be cool to get into collecting these statues again with Sith or the Empire pieces.

However, how are they going to pack this? Is it going to be the same breakaway styrofoam? Because if so, considering the weight of this piece and especially all the brittle horns on Maul's head there will be a ton of returns. Once that concern is addressed I would be more onboard to support this line as I am sure others will be as well.

Reaction score
GG did 2 great bust. If they do a great work on the Tie Pilot and Darth Vader bust, GG should have a great line.

Reaction score
I think this looks fantastic. And $150 feels cheap to me for a 1/2 scale item. I’m very tempted...

Reaction score
From what I've seen so far, I am in on this line...
I won't be buying these first two although they are nicely sculpted. Space is an issue, and I should stick to my focus. That said, I do see myself selectively buying a couple of half scale busts as the Line expands with characters that would fit my focus. I did have a change of heart about these, to be honest. I did not think much of the Line at first, but seeing how nice the Maul and Ren turned out, I'm looking forward to some OT characters to accent certain areas of my display. As long as the likeness and look are kept this good, I'm game.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I won't be buying these first two although they are nicely sculpted. Space is an issue, and I should stick to my focus. That said, I do see myself selectively buying a couple of half scale busts as the Line expends with characters that would fit my focus. I did have a change of heart about these, to be honest. I did not think much of the Line at first, but seeing how nice the Maul and Ren turned out, I'm looking forward to some OT characters to accent certain areas of my display. As long as the likeness and look are kept this good, I'm game.
I do agree that Maul isn't part of my OT focus either, but I have wanted a quality piece of his for some time now and might just bite on this one.

Reaction score
I really like how the tattoos look like actual tattoos without the sculpt lines.