Legacy Millennium Falcon repaint

Reaction score
The crown jewel of my repaints is the Millennium Falcon.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
It took me months to finish, but it was a lot of fun to do.
You really get to know the vehicle if you go over it inch by inch. :p

All of the photo links were dead (thanks facebook...) so I pluck them now from flickr. You can see all of my work at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/129686131@N05/albums

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Wow!!!! I love this!!!! Looks like a movie prop...Looks like you'd get dirty just touching it. I love it.

Reaction score
I enjoy seeing the newer Hasbro toys repainted or modified. There's so much that can be done with them to make them look spectacular.

Just to give you some background information on the Big Millennium Falcon the toy represents the smaller 32in Falcon built for The Empire Strikes Back. However, when designing the toy Hasbro appears to have used the excellent Fine Molds 1/72 Millennium Falcon model kit as the basis for their product as many of the details are the same. The toy itself is quite large.

In fact it is ALMOST studio scale.

The ESB Falcon was 32in and the Hasbro toy is 31in. Despite having oversized sidewalls, landing gear bays, guns and cockpit all these can be modified or replaced to create a very good replica of the 32in Falcon filming miniature. My project is on hold for the time being but there are other intrepid modelers who are actively modifying their own BMF into something a little more film accurate.

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments!
My daughters suggested, while I was working on it, to just role it through the mud to get the same effect.
Silly how making it look scruffy takes so much effort! :p

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Amazing! Never moved past the AT-AT with weathering the big ones!

Reaction score
Going to paint the inside?
Yes, I am planning to do so, but want to build in extra lights at the same time.
I am no electrician, so that is holding me back a little.
I have repainted the BIG AT-AT, with which I am rather far with the inside as well!
I'll make a post someday soon.

Reaction score
Yes, I am planning to do so, but want to build in extra lights at the same time.
I am no electrician, so that is holding me back a little.
I have repainted the BIG AT-AT, with which I am rather far with the inside as well!
I'll make a post someday soon.
if you're interested in a LED tutorial on wiring and power and all that, I have one you can read in the diorama tutorial area

Reaction score
I've seen a few of these, but this one is my favorite by far. Will use this version a template for when I get around to doing the same. Absolutely beautiful!!!!

Reaction score
Wow, terrific job. I've been wanting to do the same to mine. After seeing yours I'm not sure if I'm inspired or completely intimidated. :)

Reaction score
I'm curious to know what brand/types of paint you used for the project, specifically the metallic parts like the guns and landing gear.

Reaction score
I'm curious to know what brand/types of paint you used for the project, specifically the metallic parts like the guns and landing gear.
Hi Diablo,

Sure, good to share. I used acrylics for starters. The base was gun metal from Citadel/Games Workshop paints. To lighten it up, I used ordinary metal paint. The washes were brown mixtures and pure black, highly dilluted. The rust is ordinary orange with some grey and brown.
So all the metal is pre-fabricated paint, but mixed with brown, grey and black and so.

Hope this helps!

Reaction score
Hi Diablo,

Sure, good to share. I used acrylics for starters. The base was gun metal from Citadel/Games Workshop paints. To lighten it up, I used ordinary metal paint. The washes were brown mixtures and pure black, highly dilluted. The rust is ordinary orange with some grey and brown.
So all the metal is pre-fabricated paint, but mixed with brown, grey and black and so.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for the info. I've been using the 502 Abteilung paints from Mig Productions but they are all for making washes. I didn't have any specifically for metal parts so your advice is very helpful.

Reaction score
Great job, Diablo. You made a great toy look like a movie prop.

Planning on starting mine soon, but I doubt it'll be on par with yours. Love the colors you used on the cockpit dash. I assume you used acrylic, but any chance you remember brand?

Thanks

Reaction score

Planning on starting mine soon, but I doubt it'll be on par with yours. Love the colors you used on the cockpit dash. I assume you used acrylic, but any chance you remember brand?

Thanks
I can't take credit for the great painting since it wasn't my work. Yoda36 should be able to answer your question since it his masterpiece. :)

Reaction score

Thanks
I am from the Netherlands, so what is for sale here might not be in the US. I used ordinary acrylics from a branche called Décorfin. The metal colours are from Games Workshop.
And thanks for the enthusiastic response, adressed to the neighbour, but nonetheless ;-)
Besides, I love the avatar you use.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks Yoda36,

And you did an amazing job. Sorry to give Diablo props for your work (you do some great customs too, Diablo).

Again, great Falcon and thanks for the info.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Beautiful! And I merged the photos in the last post with your first one :D

Reaction score
Since I have my new mancave since we moved, I started displaying my Star wars again after two years of storage.

The Falcon is hanging between beams now, in full flight!
I add some pics from this and some nice interior shots.

Reaction score
Beautiful job on the BMF. I have one setup for display. Hope to someday get a decent paint job on it along with some fiber optic led lighting. This version is by far the best Version of the MF that Hasbro released and probably the best vehicle released except maybe the new 4 ft Jabba sail barge that is coming in 2019.

Last edited: