Latest Kotobukiya purchase(s)....

Reaction score
Received Captain Phasma the other day. Just one ARTfx+ piece in hand; and I'm already as hooked as I feared I would be. Both exhilarating and a little depressing, lol.

Reaction score
As an early Valentine's gift; my wife ordered me the ArtFX+ Darth Vader (Cloud City version), AT-AT Driver and Snowtroopers two-pack.
Does anyone have the Emperor with throne set? I have it preordered and plan to display with 6" black series/figuarts. I feel like I can make it work since he's sitting down and according to the item it's 5.7" tall.

Reaction score
As an early Valentine's gift; my wife ordered me the ArtFX+ Darth Vader (Cloud City version), AT-AT Driver and Snowtroopers two-pack.
The cloud city version of Vader is my favourite that Kotobukiya made, my only wish used to be that they’d have made it bigger, now I’m downsizing my collection & only keeping my GG busts & Attakus 1:10 scale statues I find the size perfect for making an allowance for to keep so ultimately it was always the right scale. lol :)

Reaction score
Got my Emperor today, Koto nailed this release! Only thing I wish it had was a Luke saber to rest on the arm, but maybe a spare hilt will come with the Luke ROTJ statue later this year. His head is completely detailed, including his hair, which I found very impressive since he's displayed with his hood on.

I cannot express how excited I was to finally add him to this shelf:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those look excellent.
Wow those are crisp goodness, superb!
Agreed. Nice and colorful. Good work on the battle damage too. :awesome:
Thanks guys! Was glad to finally complete that "set"!

Does anyone have the Emperor with throne set? I have it preordered and plan to display with 6" black series/figuarts. I feel like I can make it work since he's sitting down and according to the item it's 5.7" tall.
I took a straight-on picture of mine with the ArtFX+ Royal Guard (on image left) and the BS6 Royal Guard (on image right), so you can see what the difference is (don't mind ol' Palp peering into your soul):

Last edited:
Reaction score
It does look really good, I’m still thinking about getting it myself but need to sort out my collection first & see if there will be a place for it. I do like it though, impressive piece. :)

Reaction score
Agree with you, it’s a very good effort..., better than most I’ve seen.
Yeah, it's most impressive for the scale and price. My Brother loves the Emperor. I tried to order him one but they were all sold out on sites I go to. If I stumble upon one in person at a store I'll get it for him.

Reaction score
Barnes & Noble have the standing version of the emperor with the royal guards set, don’t know if that version is of interest to you/your brother?

Reaction score
Barnes & Noble have the standing version of the emperor with the royal guards set, don’t know if that version is of interest to you/your brother?
Back in the day my Brother had the lifesize cardboard cutout of the Emperor sitting in the chair. I even talked to him about it a couple months ago and he loved the Emperor in ROTJ. I think for him the sitting one would be the one he wants. For me, not interested in the scale to be honest even though it is awesome.

Reaction score
I think the chair version is the more impressive of the 2 myself, just thought I’d make sure though as some people are happy with either version or both. lol

Reaction score
Got my Emperor today, Koto nailed this release! Only thing I wish it had was a Luke saber to rest on the arm, but maybe a spare hilt will come with the Luke ROTJ statue later this year. His head is completely detailed, including his hair, which I found very impressive since he's displayed with his hood on.

I cannot express how excited I was to finally add him to this shelf:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks guys! Was glad to finally complete that "set"!

I took a straight-on picture of mine with the ArtFX+ Royal Guard (on image left) and the BS6 Royal Guard (on image right), so you can see what the difference is (don't mind ol' Palp peering into your soul):

Where did you get the acrylic riser?

Reaction score
Where did you get the acrylic riser?
It's actually the acrylic cover from a Master Replicas lightsaber. Some of the ones I use are from my own sabers and I've also picked up extras cheap because they were damaged in some way. Most of them just had simple cracks that I glued and that isn't noticeable once you line the figures up on top or in front of them. Anyway, they fit perfectly into the Detolf cases and provide just the right amount of height IMO. And since my sabers are in the Detolfs too the covers weren't being used.

Reaction score
eBay sell very nicely made acrylic risers, I’ve had a lot at a reasonable price from a couple of different suppliers & I just did a search for the product to find them, I’m in the U.K. so used one of those to get my risers but there are lots of US sellers making them too. :)

Reaction score
I only have a few Kotobukiya purchases in the past from the occasional good sale price but they have me with the new bounty hunter series.