Latest Kotobukiya purchase(s)....

Reaction score
Just picked up the Koto Phasma Artfx figure from GameStop on clearance for $29.99.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Finally pulled the trigger and picked up Kylo Ren. Absolutely love it! Need to get the AT-AT Driver next.

Reaction score
Picked up the First Order Stormtrooper 2 pack from GameStop on clearance for $27 ($24.97+tax) Considering the price on the box is $85, I'd call that a bargain.

Reaction score
I have preordered the 1/7 Kylo Ren and Death Trooper. I hope there are more 1/7 statues to come.

The last 1/7 koto statue I got was Commander Bly whenever he came out. (I have Jango Fett, Clone Trooper, 501st Clone Trooper, ROTS Vader, Darth Maul and Bly)

Reaction score
Just went a little crazy on 1/7 scale pieces I didn't have. Bought Han, Chewey, empire Vader, utapau trooper, anakin, and boba fett v1.

Reaction score
Took advantage of the 25% off coupon Barnes and Noble had last week and ordered the Yoda/R2-D2 two pack (and R-3PO but he's not here yet), it's a very nice set! I forgot to set Force Ghost Yoda in there for the shot but he's pretty neat too.

Reaction score
just picked up a Cloud City Boba Fett & Darth Vader (Anakin reveal) from Barnes & Nobles today at lunch. Now if they would re-issue the Royal Guards I'd be set

Reaction score
I just purchased my first ArtFx set, the 1/10 OT Snowtrooper 2-pack. I had seen these artfx sets a Barnes and Noble many times, but calling them a model kit made them sound extremely cheap and flimsy. Well a Gamestop in my area had this set on clearance for $19.99, so I figured I'd give them a try.

I am floored with the detailing. They are dense vinyl and nothing like the cheap model kits that I associated them with. At roughly the same size give or take, I don't know why I ever bothered collecting the 6" Black Series figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just bought the Millennium Falcon Sandwich shaper.

A great little item that makes focus collecting fun and interesting. :)

Reaction score
Just pre-ordered Emperor Palpatine on Throne from BBTS a few moments ago. I've never owned a Kotobukiya item before; but they sure look great!
You're going to love it! And they can easily turn into a rabbit hole if you're not careful. lol I'm waiting until this one hits Barnes and Noble, just to take advantage of the membership discount and coupons.

Reaction score
You're going to love it! And they can easily turn into a rabbit hole if you're not careful. lol I'm waiting until this one hits Barnes and Noble, just to take advantage of the membership discount and coupons.
I'm afraid I know what you mean about that rabbit hole. I'm already looking at some of the others for future consideration; and I don't even have experience with this line.

Reaction score
I'm afraid I know what you mean about that rabbit hole. I'm already looking at some of the others for future consideration; and I don't even have experience with this line.
FWIW, most of their kits don't sell out very quickly. You can find great deals on Amazon, eBay, or sites like BBTS, they'll go on deep clearance at GameStop after a while, and sometimes they'll even end up in the 50% off bin at Barnes & Noble. The convention exclusives are really the only exception to that obviously. Basically if you're patient and willing to take the risk, you can get some pretty awesome deals for some great display pieces. On the flip side of that, after they're out of production for a while the prices tend to creep up pretty quickly. I'm still hunting two of the 2-packs from 2011 and they don't show up often or for cheap. Good luck (resisting the rabbit hole)! :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
FWIW, most of their kits don't sell out very quickly. You can find great deals on Amazon, eBay, or sites like BBTS, they'll go on deep clearance at GameStop after a while, and sometimes they'll even end up in the 50% off bin at Barnes & Noble. The convention exclusives are really the only exception to that obviously. Basically if you're patient and willing to take the risk, you can get some pretty awesome deals for some great display pieces. On the flip side of that, after they're out of production for a while the prices tend to creep up pretty quickly. I'm still hunting two of the 2-packs from 2011 and they don't show up often or for cheap. Good luck (resisting the rabbit hole)! :)
Yeah, I noticed some of the prices were pretty swell (Captain Phasma, First Order Stormtrooper, AT-AT Driver) and some were pretty whack (Darth Maul). Luckily, this is a line I play to "cherry pick" and fortunately *most* of the ones I want are reasonably priced and/or not difficult to find. I guess the priciest on my current want list is the First Order Snowtrooper and Flametrooper set. I cannot wait for the standing Emperor and Royal Guards set to land. Now, the Royal Guard was previously singularly released, correct? Or, is the upcoming pack a new sculpt or am I confusing lines/brands altogther?

Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed some of the prices were pretty swell (Captain Phasma, First Order Stormtrooper, AT-AT Driver) and some were pretty whack (Darth Maul). Luckily, this is a line I play to "cherry pick" and fortunately *most* of the ones I want are reasonably priced and/or not difficult to find. I guess the priciest on my current want list is the First Order Snowtrooper and Flametrooper set. I cannot wait for the standing Emperor and Royal Guards set to land. Now, the Royal Guard was previously singularly released, correct? Or, is the upcoming pack a new sculpt or am I confusing lines/brands altogther?
That Snowtrooper/Flametrooper set is awesome! Definitely recommend picking them up, I plan on a second set once they hit clearance somewhere.

The Royal Guards were released as a 2-pack in 2013 and have been a pricey pair on the secondary market at times. I'm glad to see them coming back for those who didn't have them already. But based on the images they're just a repack using the same tooling as the previous release.

Reaction score
Is simple part-swapping a possibility with this line at all? I ask because I think the FO Snowtrooper would look fantastic with the white pauldron that comes with the single FO Stormtrooper, and I also think Finn's bloody helmet would look better on a different FO Stormtrooper body instead of FN-2199.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'll have to double check my FO Snowtrooper, but IIRC, the way his pauldron connects is the same as the FO Stormtroopers, so you should be good there. The heads have distinctly shaped pegs/peg holes and I haven't seen the FN-2187/2199 set yet, so I'm not sure if those would swap. But it does look like that set might have an interchangeable chest armor piece as they show FN-2187 with blood splatter on his armor near his neck line where FN-2199 doesn't have it, so something to keep in mind.

Reaction score
I'll have to double check my FO Snowtrooper, but IIRC, the way his pauldron connects is the same as the FO Stormtroopers, so you should be good there. The heads have distinctly shaped pegs/peg holes and I haven't seen the FN-2187/2199 set yet, so I'm not sure if those would swap. But it does look like that set might have an interchangeable chest armor piece as they show FN-2187 with blood splatter on his armor near his neck line where FN-2199 doesn't have it, so something to keep in mind.
Thanks for the info!

Reaction score
After watching a few Kotobukiya videos on YouTube last night; my wife told me to order Captain Phasma this morning. It's great when your spouse/partner/significant other supports your collecting habits; even better when they come right out and tell you to buy something!

Reaction score
After watching a few Kotobukiya videos on YouTube last night; my wife told me to order Captain Phasma this morning. It's great when your spouse/partner/significant other supports your collecting habits; even better when they come right out and tell you to buy something!
Very nice! My wife started my ArtFX+ collection when she bought Vader and the Stormtrooper 2-pack for me. I'm not sure if she regrets that decision or not now. lol

Reaction score
Just pre-ordered Emperor Palpatine on Throne from BBTS a few moments ago. I've never owned a Kotobukiya item before; but they sure look great!
I just pre-ordered this too after watching an unboxing on YT. My first Kotobukiya also. I collect Black Series mostly and was trying my hardest to resist the 'Premuim' collectibles but always wanted a Palpatine set piece and this looks incredible!

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, which two 2-packs are you missing?
The 501st Clone Trooper set and the Stormtrooper Commander (SDCC exclusive) set.

Oh, I can also confirm that the pauldrons swap with no issue whatsoever.

I just pre-ordered this too after watching an unboxing on YT. My first Kotobukiya also. I collect Black Series mostly and was trying my hardest to resist the 'Premuim' collectibles but always wanted a Palpatine set piece and this looks incredible!
I collect the Black Series line and did the same thing too. For a more detailed/premium product, the ArtFX+ line is the perfect mix of quality, cost, and size in my opinion. I love the Sideshow and Hot Toys pieces I see, but they're on the more expensive side and take up a lot more space. And Kotobukiya's reproduction of facial likenesses has improved a LOT this past year as well. The old releases of Han, Leia, and Luke left a bit to be desired, but the recent Rey, Finn, and old Obi-Wan look amazing.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The 501st Clone Trooper set and the Stormtrooper Commander (SDCC exclusive) set.

Oh, I can also confirm that the pauldrons swap with no issue whatsoever.

I collect the Black Series line and did the same thing too. For a more detailed/premium product, the ArtFX+ line is the perfect mix of quality, cost, and size in my opinion. I love the Sideshow and Hot Toys pieces I see, but they're on the more expensive side and take up a lot more space. And Kotobukiya's reproduction of facial likenesses has improved a LOT this past year as well. The old releases of Han, Leia, and Luke left a bit to be desired, but the recent Rey, Finn, and old Obi-Wan look amazing.
Will definitely keep an eye on their future products for sure!

Reaction score
Welcome to the party! I guess we'll both be new to this line; I hope you enjoy it as much as I hope to do!