Latest Kotobukiya purchase(s)....

Reaction score
I thought it'd be interesting to see what people have bought of late i.e. what's new to you??? I'll start off with todays arrival for me..., I've got the 1/7 scale Utapau Clone Trooper, taken a bit of time to get to me as I bought it off of ebay from a Comic Shop retailer in America so I had to get it through Customs & pay the fee's BUT anyway, it arrived today & I'm happy with it!!! :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
CONGRATS!! Looks great!
Thankyou, I wasn't originally going to get this one BUT I changed my mind as I thought the quality of these figures was/is really good so worthy of having in my trooper collection!!! :) I eventually want to remove my Clone Wars Jedi from the shelf & add clone troopers in their place..., so it'll become a clone shelf & I'll have original trilogy figures on a seperate shelf, that's the plan anyway. :)

Reaction score
I think I'm going to sell or trade my Koto Stormtrooper. I won't even try to repose him. My cousin liked it I might give it to him

Reaction score
I think I'm going to sell or trade my Koto Stormtrooper. I won't even try to repose him. My cousin liked it I might give it to him
I'm not particularly fond of the pose of that Stormtrooper myself, also I think the base is too big & takes up alot of space BUT I wont part with it..., it's still another Stormtrooper in my collection & recently I've realised that I have less Stormtroopers than I do clones & so I want to be concentrating more on trying to find other Stormtroopers & buying anything else I like as a secondary choice, in theory it sounds like a plan..., if I can find what I'm looking for, now that's another matter??? :\

Reaction score
My Koto Stormie has the tendency to lean forward quite a bit. Tried everything, boiling water, hairdryer etc. Still leans after a while. This was a fail from Koto alas...

Reaction score
My Koto Stormie has the tendency to lean forward quite a bit. Tried everything, boiling water, hairdryer etc. Still leans after a while. This was a fail from Koto alas...
I couldn't get mine to go into the stand properly until today..., I was obviously not being heavy handed with it when I've tried on previous occassions, it's finally sitting (standing even) on the base as it should now though, only time will tell if it starts to lean at all. :\

Reaction score
I just missed out on the new koto obiwan on ebay (he sold for $52). Oh well, I will patiently wait for another good deal.

Reaction score
My Utapau clone trooper wasn't really a great deal to be honest, the cost of the figure was good but with shipping & customs charges it ended up costing me £93.70!!! :( I'm still happy I have the figure though...

Last edited:
Reaction score
That Utapau one looks good placed near (and maybe a bit behind) the ARTFX Cody. Not that I have that setup myself, but I saw them displayed together somewhere along the line.

Reaction score
Utapau is looing good Kev.

No new Koto purchases since ANH Kenobi.

I've been wanting to get the new Koto Thor but the price is up in the stupid range right now.

Saw the front page of scum showing the new Koto Feee.

Cool pose but in no rush to add him anytime soon. We didn't need another Fett from Koto.

Reaction score
Utapau is looing good Kev.

No new Koto purchases since ANH Kenobi.

I've been wanting to get the new Koto Thor but the price is up in the stupid range right now.

Saw the front page of scum showing the new Koto Feee.

Cool pose but in no rush to add him anytime soon. We didn't need another Fett from Koto.
I have to disagree. The new pose is awesome, and you can never have enough Boba.

Reaction score
I have my Utapau clone trooper next to Commander Cody already. :) Then it's the red Shock Trooper, Commander Bly & finally the blue 501st Clone Trooper..., the 5 of them look rather good altogether. B) Just hoping now that Kotobukiya will make the other Commanders in the 1/7 scale so I can have a shelf full of phase 2 clones!!! :)

Reaction score
So Kev, pretty sure I just saw your post on Kotos Facebook page about the new 1/10 Boba lol. Now I know your last name! But yeah, they do need more 1/7.

Reaction score
So Kev, pretty sure I just saw your post on Kotos Facebook page about the new 1/10 Boba lol. Now I know your last name! But yeah, they do need more 1/7.
Yes, that was me!!! lol ;) Having had my winge I do however think the newest 1:10 scale figure looks better than the first one they made. :)

Reaction score
Just picked up, the 3PO/R2 set. Really digging the Kotos lately.
Any chance of a picture??? I've been trying to get the 1:7 scale version of those 2 but as I've not had much luck I was thinking it'll probably be easier just to get the 1:10 scale as there are plenty around for sale. :)

Reaction score
Whether they're 1/7 or 1/10, I've been impressed with the face-less pieces.
I think the new Obi Wan 1/7 scale figure looks realistic facial features wise BUT any of the other human characters Kotobukiya have made aren't very good at all (so far)... that's the very reason I don't buy anything made in human character form (made by them)!!! I too have been impressed by their other works though..., I think they've done a better job than any other manufacturer with the clone troopers & Sandtroopers for starters, the detailing has been far better!!! :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Darth Maul statues have been pretty good, too, though I guess I would put them in a category somewhere between "realistic face" and "armor/droid face".

Reaction score
The Darth Maul statues have been pretty good, too, though I guess I would put them in a category somewhere between "realistic face" and "armor/droid face".
The 1:10 scale figure they've made looks ok BUT the 2 1:7 scale figures Kotobukiya made don't look that great (to me anyway)..., never been a fan of the teeth growl look so their first Darth Maul was a pass for me & the 2nd release, well it's the twisting neck of that I have a problem with..., I think they made the neck too long in stretching it round & it just looks odd to me so that was a pass aswell!!! :|

Reaction score
Action Figure Express had the Shock Trooper 2-Pack for 35%-off this weekend.
Normally $85, now $55. That was enough to get me to pull the trigger.
These arrived today and wow, really nice quality & detail to them. They look sharp flanking Lord Vader, who has been patiently waiting for them to join him for months. Overall, a happy addition to my Shock Trooper collection.

Reaction score
The Stormtroopers look better next to Darth Vader..., looks more scene specific too. They are also really nicely made figures but I think all of the 1:10 are pretty good quality wise!!! :)

Reaction score
So tonight while shopping at a local Barnes and Noble I nearly did a double take when I saw this diplay.

B&N now carriers some Kotobukiya items. I bought Ahsoka Tano for just over $38.

Pretty cool to see some mainstream Koto love!

Reaction score
Cool, I have the Ahsoka Tano, Anakin & Darth Vader figures..., not bought the Boba Fett as yet, pondered on getting it though!!! :)

Reaction score
I've been wanting to complete the CW Yoda figure for a few years now but the Ahsoka had been a real pain to track down for a fair price.

the sculpt on the figure is 100% true to the animated series.

Reaction score
I've been wanting to complete the CW Yoda figure for a few years now but the Ahsoka had been a real pain to track down for a fair price.

the sculpt on the figure is 100% true to the animated series.
I was impressed with the Kotobukiya Clone Wars figures myself, that's why I bought the lot..., didn't think that much on Gentle Giants versions, got a couple of the clones & Anakin BUT that's it as I'm not particularly fond of them, Kotobukiya did a far better job & I love all of the figures they made in this range, it's just a pity they cancelled it before making the baddies!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
So tonight while shopping at a local Barnes and Noble I nearly did a double take when I saw this diplay.

B&N now carriers some Kotobukiya items. I bought Ahsoka Tano for just over $38.

Pretty cool to see some mainstream Koto love!
Man, I went to B&N and also saw this. Been contemplating going back this weekend to get the vader and fett...

Reaction score
Just picked up a ARTFX 501st clone trooper 2 pack and they look great very happy with the buy :D
I've ordered all 3 sets of the 1:10 scale clone troopers along with C3PO & R2-D2..., also preordered the ROTJ Darth Vader & Boba Fett..., I'll also be preordering the Royal Guards 2 pack set when that becomes available as I am liking the detailing on these smaller scale figures, they look very nicely made!!! :)

Reaction score
The detailing is fantastic I'm looking at getting the Vader Cloud city one and hopefully the imperial guards, since I think both of them together would look great. I wouldn't mind getting the R2 and 3PO one but that would have to be after I get the vader.

Reaction score
The detailing is fantastic I'm looking at getting the Vader Cloud city one and hopefully the imperial guards, since I think both of them together would look great. I wouldn't mind getting the R2 and 3PO one but that would have to be after I get the vader.
I already have the cloud city Darth Vader & thus far it's my favorite Darth Vader figure/statue..., it will probably remain so too. :) I'd really like this version made in the 1:7 scale as everything looks better BIGGER in my opinion!!! :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I already have the cloud city Darth Vader & thus far it's my favorite Darth Vader figure/statue..., it will probably remain so too. :) I'd really like this version made in the 1:7 scale as everything looks better BIGGER in my opinion!!! :)
This is very true it would look great if it was bigger I'm not a fan of the ROTJ vader where his skull lights up though but once I get the cash the cloud city vader will be my first buy

Reaction score
This is very true it would look great if it was bigger I'm not a fan of the ROTJ vader where his skull lights up though but once I get the cash the cloud city vader will be my first buy
I've actually ordered that version of Darth Vader, there are 2 heads so I wont be using the light up skull version as I'm not overly keen on it either..., I will be having a look at it though, might look better in person. :)