Latest Custom Acquisitions?

Reaction score

Here’s another Sith. I liked that he had a POTJ Qui-Gon Jinn special training body. Remember when POTJ had weird Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan in non-movie outfits? They were actually good figs for customs. I can’t speak much to this Sith’s head sculpt, but I do like it.

Reaction score

A while back, in one “custom” lot, I got an old POTF2 EU Luke Crimson Guard. Sure enough, the customizer had removed Luke’s head and replaced it with this new head sculpt. It’s a decent easy custom.

Reaction score

Whenever you buy loose fig lots, you get a lot of random heads and parts. I had too many random alien things lying around, so I bought a lot of twelve Episode I Darth Sidious figs to use as bodies for some customs. Now I have eight weird galactic senators (and four leftover Sidious guys).

Reaction score

This next one is a doozy. One recent lot had a Lizard Man from an unknown cartoon-like series, wearing a Comic Pack Mara Jade hat/hood accessory, which for some reason was aged a dark brown. It was a bizarre (and unattractive) combo. I gave it an accessory pack poncho, and now...it’s still bizarre and unattractive. But I’m definitely the only person with one of these. I’d hate to be in that cantina.

Reaction score

A few people have asked about my avatar. Yes, it is a custom! I have a painted original prototype, but I like the custom way better. I bought it on eBay a few years ago for $120.00

Reaction score
Thanks so much for that info! I looked into it, and sure enough it’s a Cryptid Creature from Secret Saturdays. Although I’d never heard of it, I’ve learned that it apparently had a HUGE toy line in the mid-2000s. There were a bunch of figs and weird action sets and stuff, all on the 3.75” level. I’m glad to have a Tatooine Cryptid to put in a freaky cantina.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Here’s another Sith from that same seller. It’s obviously made from an Episode I Speeder Maul with parts from that same dollar store line. It’s really not that terrible for what averages out to less than $10. I don’t know what era of Sith history this represents (they must’ve had some weird fashions), but I do like his ”pikesaber” with its long red handle.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Here’s Jorus C’Baoth from Timothy Zahn’s old Heir to the Empire series. He’s part of that famous cover image from the first book. It’s a CrimsonDynamite custom, which cost $24.99.

Reaction score

Here’s a GREAT custom of Darth Vindican (Darth Malgus’ master), from the Old Republic storyline. It’s a masterly figure, with amazing articulation and soft goods. It was about $40.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Here’s Darth Scourge, from the same epic. He’s an even more masterful figure, from the absolute grandmaster customizer SithJediCustoms4Life. It’s beyond super-articulated. He and Vindican are both natural Sith by species, and look great together. Scourge was $69.99.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Here’s a full-size red hologram of Captain Phasma. It’s made of rubber and cost $8.99 on eBay. It’s decent enough, but I wanted it for its rarity.

Reaction score

Here’s yet another Ithorian custom, this one again from the genius Seinar_Fleet_Engineer. Notice his purple eye patch. Along with my Jaxxons, it’s currently my favorite figure. It’s got five smooth points of Kenner articulation, and is just glossy enough to stand out (and yet still settle down) in any cantina crowd. It cost $35, but is worth 100 figures.

Reaction score

Here’s a custom snowtrooper, made from a combo of sequel trooper and GI Joe parts. The head is glued on. It was $12.99. It looks cool!

Reaction score

Here’s a Shistavanen Wolfman, with a repainted Voolvif Monn’s head on an Indiana Jones cult guy’s body. He’s got great articulation! He was made by Sterlistr, and cost about $30 on eBay.

Reaction score

This was $5. It’s a Terminator Barnes figure, but with a Labria head in place of Common’s. But the thing that interested me was the custom horns, made from putty. He’s a nice cantina merc.

Reaction score

Here’s an absolutely wonderful custom by brilliant eBayer I_Am_Boba_Fett. It’s the classic Holiday Special alien Myhr Rho! I’ve included his pic, as well as an action shot from the old ‘90s game Yoda Stories. It’s an Episode I figure with a custom-cast head.

I’m addicted to cantina aliens, so nothing really can be better than this. It was about $60, which (I realize) seems high, but does shorten my cantina list by one—a feat not available just any old time.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Here’s a spectacular Kenner Snaggletooth repaint, for which I was willing to pay $29.99 on eBay. It’s just so cool, and looks so good.

Reaction score

I also got this phenomenal Kenner Greedo repaint for the same price. I love the weird “prototype” qualities of these repaints. I would buy a full line of them!

Last edited:
Reaction score

Here’s a Master Luke Skywalker, had JJ and Rian done something a bit different. It looks like it has some Rahm Kota parts. It’s actually quite nice, and cost $15.99.

Reaction score

Here’s another Kenner-style figure from Seinar Fleet Engineer, whose quickly becoming my favorite customizer. It’s a Weequay! It’s 5POA, and looks even better in person. It was $35.

Utinniii

Reaction score
It is so fun to see what others come up with. The Kenner repaints remind me of the colorizaion in the Marvel comics.

I rarely get customs since I make my own, but I did get a custom in a "fodder exchange". I touched it up a bit and added a blue wash to the skin (which the flash washed out).

Reaction score
I love that! The Mon Cal uniforms are essentially always white or light tan, so it’s nice to see some dark ones. Looks great!

Reaction score

Here’s a Melas custom, made from a Pote Snitkin body and custom-sculpted head. He was only $5, so it’s okay.

Reaction score

I got this guy from I_am_Boba_Fett. It’s an Imperial with a painted POTF2 AT-ST head on a Legacy TIE pilot body. I absolutely love him. He was about $55, which is a lot—like a lot. But it’s got a fantastic visual appeal for me. I’m glad I got it!

Reaction score

The same seller made this virtually perfect super-articulated Labria. Since Hasbro obviously never will update him from the POTF2 sculpt in our lifetimes, I bought this one. He also was really pricey, about $70. But now I have a Labria that can stand with the rest of my modern cantina guys without embarrassment!

Reaction score

Here’s something I find interesting. I posted this so-called “Sith Trooper” months ago, originally having taken the picture on June 25. Then, I see this Rise of Skywalker teaser poster revealed on September 28. The customizer said it was from the new movie—and it sure does look like they were going for that very image. I could have a neat spoiler-type figure!

Reaction score

I bought this painted Ket Maliss head from I_am_Boba_Fett, and then bought a Bom Vimdin body to customize for it. I sanded off the vest nodules, and then for some strange reason painted his torso a weird green. But overall I like the effect. It’s very cantina-looking, especially in an old Marvel Comics kind of way. Look out! It’s the Black Sun assassin Ket Maliss!

Reaction score
I just posted this recently, but figured I'd post here too as it fits. A fellow collector kit-bashed an E-wing for me for the 3.75" figures. The body is a POTF X-wing and the wings are from an ARC-170. He did the kit-bashing, and I did the painting. I based the paint job off the Action Fleet E-wing. The entire ship was the same color as the nose. I used Rust-Oleum Perfect Gray for the ship, but left the nose the original color. I used Wild Rider Red for the wing markings, which was a very close match to the Action Fleet ship. I plan to swap out the head of the pilot with another figure so I will have a "random" pilot.

Reaction score
That is absolute genius! The red color is really a perfect match. It’s such a crisp rendition, and I adore the droid with the R7 head. The best overall feature might be the droid dock in the back. That’s a spectacular custom!

Reaction score

Here’s one I made myself. I got a leftover Han Echo Base coat, painted it brown, and put it on a POTJ Rebel Fleet Trooper (whose arms I also painted). The head is one I got in a head lot a while back. It looks a little like Robert Downey Jr., so maybe it’s from an early Iron Man figure? Anyway, I like the overall effect.

Last edited:
Reaction score

I’m excited to unveil this one (two)! I ordered the painted heads from I_am_Boba_Fett, and then bought two TVC Barriss Offees from Tunghori. I painted them up, and now have two passable twins. They aren’t the best I’ve ever seen by any stretch (some of the details aren’t quite right), but they’re mine! I’m definitely happy enough!

The heads cost about $65, and the two Barriss figs about $30 total. It’s a lot of dollars, but does put me in the Tonnika club.

Reaction score
Love this thread, and not just because a few pieces of my work show up here. Although that doesn't hurt! I love seeing my work being appreciated in others' collections. Just wanted to thank you for sharing all these wonderful creations.

I'd also like to invite anyone interested that uses Facebook to check out my new page. It showcases most of what I have built or made. It can be found at the link below for anyone interested. Please "like" and share with anyone that may enjoy it.

https://www.facebook.com/sienarfleetengineer/

Thanks!

Reaction score
I just posted this recently, but figured I'd post here too as it fits. A fellow collector kit-bashed an E-wing for me for the 3.75" figures. The body is a POTF X-wing and the wings are from an ARC-170. He did the kit-bashing, and I did the painting. I based the paint job off the Action Fleet E-wing. The entire ship was the same color as the nose. I used Rust-Oleum Perfect Gray for the ship, but left the nose the original color. I used Wild Rider Red for the wing markings, which was a very close match to the Action Fleet ship. I plan to swap out the head of the pilot with another figure so I will have a "random" pilot.
I stand corrected, the wings are actually from a V-19 Torrent. Not sure how I got the two mixed up lol.

Reaction score
It’s easy to get all the alphanumeric prequel ships’ names mixed up, for sure! I knew what you meant.

Reaction score
Love this thread, and not just because a few pieces of my work show up here. Although that doesn't hurt! I love seeing my work being appreciated in others' collections. Just wanted to thank you for sharing all these wonderful creations.

I'd also like to invite anyone interested that uses Facebook to check out my new page. It showcases most of what I have built or made. It can be found at the link below for anyone interested. Please "like" and share with anyone that may enjoy it.

https://www.facebook.com/sienarfleetengineer/

Thanks!
I’m so glad you commented! Your Kenner-style stuff is amazing—so accurately painted. My collection is way better with your stuff in it.

Reaction score

Btw, I just got your latest Hammerhead in the mail today! It’s another great piece, LakeBum. I’ve already got someone else wearing the cape he came with! I actually like the more matte paint even better. Here’s a pic of the three together. I’m putting them on the Barge.

Reaction score
I'm so glad you like them! I've recently upgraded paints to Tamiya, they coat better and are much more durable. Then hitting it with a matte sealer. I think it makes a nicer figure.

Look forward to seeing your populated Barge! You're going to have some killer pieces on there.

Reaction score
I'm so glad you like them! I've recently upgraded paints to Tamiya, they coat better and are much more durable. Then hitting it with a matte sealer. I think it makes a nicer figure.

Look forward to seeing your populated Barge! You're going to have some killer pieces on there.
Where did you find Tamiya paints? I used to use them on Wwe customs they are top notch. Hobby store closed and could not find them online...

Reaction score
Where did you find Tamiya paints? I used to use them on Wwe customs they are top notch. Hobby store closed and could not find them online...
I have bought most of them at the local HobbyTown store. But have gotten a few colors from ebay sellers when HobbyTown hasn't had what I needed.