Latest Custom Acquisitions?

Reaction score

The third Yak Face, a repainted POTF2 model, was sold to me by our own Daigo_bah. It was a really great $12.00! I now have a nice evolution of the character.

Reaction score
Pretty cool lineup. And having made a few purchases from Daigo-Bah myself over the years, I sort of feel like I've got memorabilia from a customizing/diorama legend. As a sports fan, the Bespin Han I got from him and now have in a dio is sort of like having an autographed baseball even though it's not been altered. Just the fact that something that was in his collection is now in my collection adds to the cool factor. I mean, if Mickey Mantle or Babe Ruth sent me a ball or bat, I'd be pretty happy. Actually, it doesn't have to have been autographed or game used, just the fact that it was once theirs and now I've got it is kind of awesome.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Here is an incredibly easy one-step custom. I recently bought a big lot of Imperials, two of which were Captain Needa and Comics Pack Rom Mohc. I never felt like General Mohc, with his green uniform, fit in with his colleagues. So it’s a simple head swap. Now he can hang out with my other Needa.

Reaction score

Here is a life-long dream fulfilled! I bought two Jaxxon head sculpts from a customizer in Louisiana, and then a custom Shasa Tiel from Sterlistr on eBay. I combined them to make a Smuggler/Cantina Jaxxon! I’ll soon be putting the other head on a red spacesuit body to make a more typical Jaxxon.

Reaction score
So your posting customs that you bought when this is primarily done for people making customs? :wtf:

Reaction score
yep. You can ask a question or for help, post something you've done or, as is the case here, show off whatever customs you have. It's good to share stuff even if someone else made it. Good for getting ideas, showing parts combos, etc.

Reaction score
So your posting customs that you bought when this is primarily done for people making customs? :wtf:
What difference does it make who made them? If you actually read the posts, you’ll see that I made some. But since you don’t know me or the people who made them, then why does it matter? If you don’t like it, don’t click. Move along, move along...

Reaction score
Upon reflection, I must say that one guy’s post is so ridiculous that I almost can’t believe it. A real out-side-the-box thinker, that one.

Anyway,

This “Itinerant Jedi” was about $9.00. I’m proud of the seller for using the word “itinerant” in an eBay auction title, which convinced me to make the purchase. He is a mix of different types of articulation, making for a serviceable combo figure. I recognize everything but the head; it seems like a very cheap dollar-store military sculpt, which usually don’t fit well with Star Wars either aesthetically or by scale (you know, the really melty-looking knockoffs). But it works well enough here. The only real problem with this figure is that he looks like he is trying to “make you look,” which a lightsaber would easily remedy.

Reaction score

I made all these Rebel Hanger Bay Crew guys over about the last three years, using various leftover heads and lots of POTF2 Bespin Lukes. Their bodies are obsolete, but they still do fine working on ships or lugging around various equipment in a Yavin-type diorama. You can get a POTF2 figure like Bespin Luke for about $3.00.

Reaction score

I had two copies of one of those heads, and so made a Communications Officer with an OTC General Lando #37 body.

Reaction score

I bought one recent lot just to get this figure, which certainly didn’t make the rest of the pieces (a bunch of headless and handless clones) worth the trouble; however, she is an interesting recipe.

The customizer used an OTC Ben Kenobi body, which is a particularly small and frail sculpt image, to construct a daintier feminine Jedi, with a GI Joe head. Of course, anyone of any gender can have any type of body, but I thought it was creative for the designer to try to build a certain kind of female form by using a relatively androgynous male sculpt (to be sure, most figures follow a certain body-type formula—basically Conan or Red Sonja).

Last edited:
Reaction score
What difference does it make who made them? If you actually read the posts, you’ll see that I made some. But since you don’t know me or the people who made them, then why does it matter? If you don’t like it, don’t click. Move along, move along...
Well usually when someone starts a thread they made/make the customs...Ease up on the attitude...

Reaction score
Do you want me to go to the mego thread? Tell you what I think of that line? I don't like megos. But I leave it alone. Because some people do like mego SW. So, in all honesty, if you read your posts, you strongly insinuate that you think you have to make a custom to post a custom. And you don't have to. I like seeing the stuff here. But.....that's just me. Now.... maybe that's not your idea of what should be in the customs section, buuuuuut......that's okay. Rereading your first post, again, being honest here, it was mildly insulting. Not a major thing, but, I'll bet that if feedback were given about megos? Some people might just feel mildly insulted as well.

Reaction score
Do you want me to go to the mego thread? Tell you what I think of that line? I don't like megos. But I leave it alone. Because some people do like mego SW. So, in all honesty, if you read your posts, you strongly insinuate that you think you have to make a custom to post a custom. And you don't have to. I like seeing the stuff here. But.....that's just me. Now.... maybe that's not your idea of what should be in the customs section, buuuuuut......that's okay. Rereading your first post, again, being honest here, it was mildly insulting. Not a major thing, but, I'll bet that if feedback were given about megos? Some people might just feel mildly insulted as well.
WOW! That was SO one sided (I make more than Mego's #1) and I'm old enough to remember that if Mego did not pass up on Star Wars we would have gotten these...but since I also love the vintage line and make other customs you picked out Mego for so reason? Maybe because you don't get it maybe (Too young)but I digress. And since when can a person not mention like "Hey you didn't make those" is a valid question because alot of people post here because they do MAKE them.So I can't question that? OK So a person bought let's say a 1980 Trans Am souped up customized and wanted to show the world and when someone questions that person about it as a question that's a fowl? WOW! That's thin skinned...

I embrace ALL parts of customizing and do not just tend to post in a certain era or scale because I cover them all you can see if you actually LOOK at other posts instead of the obvious one that you harp on.And you may lot like Mego but alot of people do and GET IT why do you think it's stickied? Because somebody thought it was important...

Last edited:
Reaction score
No, you're right. I'm too young. And of course you can ask a question like, "Hey you didn't make those".....perfectly valid.....since.....it is a declarative statement, not a question......and totally inaccurate since Tulgah has made some......but that's really not important to you. Criminey, you think
"foul" is spelled "fowl"......I mean, i can see now what I'm dealing with here. And the traffic on the megos thread is....oh, ..........wait.............

If you want a shot at the title, I'll let you step into the ring. Heck, you can even bring your Trans Am. But.......let's do that dance via PM's.

Reaction score
No, you're right. I'm too young. And of course you can ask a question like, "Hey you didn't make those".....perfectly valid.....since.....it is a declarative statement, not a question......and totally inaccurate since Tulgah has made some......but that's really not important to you. Criminey, you think
"foul" is spelled "fowl"......I mean, i can see now what I'm dealing with here. And the traffic on the megos thread is....oh, ..........wait.............

If you want a shot at the title, I'll let you step into the ring. Heck, you can even bring your Trans Am. But.......let's do that dance via PM's.
God so easy.....

Utinniii

Reaction score
For what its worth, at first I thought t was strange posting customs others had made. I felt it would have been better placed in the My Collection threads.

However, strange is not the same as inappropriate. "Primarily" is not the same as exclusively.

Further, once I understood that 1] you also create your own, and 2] your obvious overwhelming love for all manner of customs, it seems most fitting that you post them here.

I am impressed by not only the number you have, and the amount of money you have invested in them, but also how different they are. You talk about even the crudest customs with the same appreciation of the masterly crafted ones.

All your customs have found a great home where they are loved.

@Carnor_Jax, whether you intended to be abrasive or not in your initial post, it certainly came off that way and became moreso with each subsequent post. You seem more interested in quarreling than talking about things, and I don't just mean in this thread.

For myself at least, that is why I no longer respond in the Mego thread (you might recall that I was one of the more vocal posters in your original thread). These days I don't have time for my own customs so I'm not going to spend what time I do have arguing with someone who is often negative.

Reaction score
Well usually when someone starts a thread they made/make the customs...Ease up on the attitude...
Well, usually when someone starts two threads asking for help with a project they thank the people who respond to one of those threads...Ease up on the attitude...:p This is the custom section, save your nasty side for the rest of the forum.

Reaction score
I actually love trying to determine what all the parts are on some of these, looking at what combination was used is a bit of a fun game sometimes. And the headsculpt on that Jaxxson is really good, never seen that before. Idea sharing is .......important. As a bonus, I'm pretty entertained by gifs. Especially when there's something deliciously ironic about crying fowl and using a gif to actually ridicule...well....oneself. It quacks me up.

Reaction score
As a bonus, I'm pretty entertained by gifs. Especially when there's something deliciously ironic about crying fowl and using a gif to actually ridicule...well....oneself. It quacks me up.
This is coming from the guy who wanted to verbal fight me in the PM's....grow up

Reaction score
I hear what you’re saying, CJ. I knew it was weird when I started it. I am DEFINITELY too thin-skinned. And I didn’t even know there were “My Collections” threads, or I might’ve posted there.

But this is still probably the best place for something like this, because it’s so specifically about customs. I do want people to feel welcome on Rebelscum, as either poster or responder.

I ended up making this my thread because I have so many to post, and all are fairly recent. But it would be great if other people posted pics of customs they’ve recently acquired (even made, if it’s a combo-project, as so many of mine are). Most other sections have a “recent acquisitions” portal, so I thought this could use one.

I’m not much of a customizer, but I love to try to analyze other customizers’ parts and methods. When I see a great custom, some museum piece by Darth Daddy or Elias or someone, I love to try to guess how they did it—what they started with, even before their fine sculpting. When I see some leftover junk made beautiful again, I always smile. I thought people might enjoy doing that with these.

Also, I feel it’s relevant to let people know (and perhaps start a discussion) about eBay and other market prices. Some stuff you guys post is really awesome, and you may not know what some fanboy like me would be willing to pay.

Finally, I want to give credit to the people who made these, as specifically as possible. I’m passing along recommendations for some great artists whose work wouldn’t otherwise be shown here. For example, that Jaxxon head was made by a guy going by Whitestoysds, and is actually available on eBay again right now!

I want to bring some more life to the forums, even if that means moving the needle a bit into weird territory.

Reaction score
I hear what you’re saying, CJ. I knew it was weird when I started it. I am DEFINITELY too thin-skinned. And I didn’t even know there were “My Collections” threads, or I might’ve posted there.

But this is still probably the best place for something like this, because it’s so specifically about customs. I do want people to feel welcome on Rebelscum, as either poster or responder.

I ended up making this my thread because I have so many to post, and all are fairly recent. But it would be great if other people posted pics of customs they’ve recently acquired (even made, if it’s a combo-project, as so many of mine are). Most other sections have a “recent acquisitions” portal, so I thought this could use one.

I’m not much of a customizer, but I love to try to analyze other customizers’ parts and methods. When I see a great custom, some museum piece by Darth Daddy or Elias or someone, I love to try to guess how they did it—what they started with, even before their fine sculpting. When I see some leftover junk made beautiful again, I always smile. I thought people might enjoy doing that with these.

Also, I feel it’s relevant to let people know (and perhaps start a discussion) about eBay and other market prices. Some stuff you guys post is really awesome, and you may not know what some fanboy like me would be willing to pay.

Finally, I want to give credit to the people who made these, as specifically as possible. I’m passing along recommendations for some great artists whose work wouldn’t otherwise be shown here. For example, that Jaxxon head was made by a guy going by Whitestoysds, and is actually available on eBay again right now!

I want to bring some more life to the forums, even if that means moving the needle a bit into weird territory.
I wasn't coming at you if that was what you got out if it sorry...But that is no excuse for other people to start "fights" when they were not even involved...I actually think these customs are cool and let's let this go away because it was a no biggie my bad...:grin:

Reaction score
Sounds good. Thanks for the resolution! Let’s get back to the figures:

There is a seller on eBay that just trades in auctions of 5-10 painted GI Joe heads. Most don’t quite work with Star Wars, as they usually have sunglasses or Cobra masks covering their mouths and chins. But sometimes you get a guy that can work. The paint apps are fine, and it saves you the trouble. I bought one lot and put this example on a 5PoA Cassian to make a Rebel Operative.

Last edited:
Reaction score

I bought this custom body (which had a Weequay head) for about $20, and then painted a Killer Croc head from the Suicide Squad movie to make a Nikto-looking skiff guard. The Weequay head made this fine articulated custom body look too much like the drummer we already have, so I amended it. It’s another combo-custom, half something I bought and half something I did myself.

Last edited:
Reaction score

I just got this guy, and for some reason the auction info got deleted off my eBay app, so I don’t know who made it. But it’s a really great custom. It’s a Death Trooper. At first glance, the head looks like it’s from a typical stormie, but it’s actually from a First Order troop. It’s painted well, and has some nice features.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Here’s an oldie but goodie. I bought this one straight up, a drimmeled POTF2 Ponda head on a new Ponda body. It works better for scale. We have to do this a lot to combat Hasbro’s recent pinhead trend.

Reaction score

I’ve saved this for my 1,000th post. Since forever, I’ve wanted a Jaxxon figure. I used to campaign HARD for one back in the old wishlist days. I had the old Marvel Star Wars 1-107, and knew that they were mostly silly and ephemeral junk. But I couldn’t resist the continuing Star Wars story. When Lucasfilm relaunched the franchise with the EU in the early ‘90s, I somewhere in the back of my mind always hoped we’d begin to get new figures, especially EU figures. And we got some pretty quickly—Dash, Xizor, even a Darkside Luke. Each ensuing line offered more and more EU. Jaxxon was always my #1 want.

When Hasbro gave the Legacy line the Comic Packs, I knew it was my best chance. But it didn’t happen.

Then, in 2012, Disney retconned the entire saga, expunging the EU. I deactivated my Rebelscum account and quit the hobby in disgust.

But I didn’t really quit. I was still occasionally buying, and there wasn’t much being released anyway. I eventually came around to enjoy the ST and other new figures. I rejoined with a new name and got ready for the relaunch of TVC.

Unfortunately, it soon became clear that new sculpts were mostly going to be a pipe dream, especially for old media. Even with Marvel reclaiming Star Wars and Jaxxon showing back up in various ways, I knew that we would never actually get him in plastic.

About once a week for almost twenty years I’d been typing “Jaxxon custom” into my eBay search bar, with perpetually paltry results. But I finally found these head sculpts. I debated body styles, and ultimately settled on a Cloud Car pilot. I repainted the white part red and the orange part white, and left the gloves and boots yellow. Though imperfect, after so long a wait, it will suffice.

I’m getting my double bars back, so I can calm my “little storm” down a bit. But I’ll still post every custom I get. Y’all post your acquisitions, too.

Reaction score
I think thats a Crazy Legs head on that 5 POA Cassian, and it looks pretty good, might try something like that as I recently acquired the Andor and used his head to fill out a Rebel Fleet Trooper group. And I did exactly the same thing to that Ponda. Thanks for the info on Jaxxon, nice work too.

Reaction score

I do have a few more. This Nikto skiff guard is a TVC head and scarf on Tusken body without robes. He was $22.00.

Reaction score

Here is an Ithorian bounty hunter. This is one of the nicest customs I’ve ever gotten. He is by an eBayer called What_A_Nerd_Needs. He’s fully articulated at every point. He looks like one of the Moomo Brothers from the Dark Horse Legacy series. He cost $57.00.

Reaction score

The same seller made this Aleena bounty hunter. The body looks like parts of a Yoda, but I swear it’s not. It’s fully articulated. It’s a nice one. It cost about $22.00.

Reaction score

I also got this amazing Wookiee bounty hunter from him. It’s beyond amazing. It’s fully articulated, made from various Chewies and other Kashyyyk Wookiees. I don’t know where he got the metal armor, but you can see the brown fur sticking out of the shoulder pauldron (so professionally rendered that I honesty can’t tell if it’s added or not). It was only $53.00, half of what it should cost. As you can see, the scale is perfect!

Last edited:
Reaction score

In a previously-purchased lot of bodies, I received a TVC Imperial Navy Commander, complete with head! It’s a valuable figure, but it found its way into the detritus. I had just used Sergeant Harkas from the Dark Horse Legacy series as a body for a yellow AOTC Clone Commander, and so had his head left over. I put a POTJ Rebel Fleet Trooper vest on the combo, and now have Sergeant Ran Harkas, Imperial Training Camp Officer. This is what he looks like while busting the noobs at Basic.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey Tulgah, that Shasa Tiel custom you picked up on ebay to make your Jaxxon...was it a pretty good custom? I was thinking of picking one up but wasn't sure about the build quality. Are the hands articulated or stationary?

Anyways, love seeing what you have found. I always look for customs myself, so it is fun and insightful to see your finds. I am kind of picky when it comes to customs I buy from others, but the Shasa Tiel looked really good.

Reaction score
Thanks, Brett! The Shasa is a really nice custom with above-average features. It has ball-jointed shoulders, elbows, knees, and ankles, and the hands do indeed rotate. It’s painted quite nicely; the only issue is the type of paint used just on the head and hands, which seem a little bit sticky, and slightly sloppy. But it’s so fixable, and a truly great overall custom. The head actually fits to scale a bit better than the pic shows. I also ordered the Worrt from him, and it’s a remarkable achievement. Trust him to deliver a nice product.

Reaction score

I bought this “Ronto Guy” from CrimsonDynamite. I think it has McQuarrie Leia (“Starkiller”) legs, and a TVC Han Medal Ceremony torso. The arms are some type of Legacy or TVC Obi-Wan. I can’t place the head, which I think is some type of GI Joe. It’s a great street scene figure. It cost $21.99.

Last edited:
Reaction score

This Kenner-style Hammerhead custom looks great in any vintage or modern scene. It was made by Seinar_Fleet_Engineer, the same customizer who made my Mongo Beefhead Tribesmen. It’s got 5 points of articulation, and some nice belt add-ons. It was $30.

Last edited:
Reaction score

This guy is kind of awesome. I bought a small lot of four troops—one TVC stormie, two old EE AOTC white clones, and this guy. The seller probably had no idea this is a custom. My eye stopped on the lot because the helmet obviously looks like it’s not “standard issue.”

It turns out that the head (from one of the military “Elite” line of figures) was not ball-jointed, and so needed a flat surface to be straight glued on. The guy created his own neck base with some type of sculpt goo. It hardened up nicely and actually looks serviceable.

The helmet was the mystery. It’s not a new creation, but an actual product, made from a form of brittle plastic. Usually, I don’t hunt too hard for what parts my customs come from, but rather just see if I can sight read them in the moment.

This time, I needed to know. My first and only best guess was from an old line called “Star F.O.R.C.E.” (or something like that), a Lanard set from the early ‘90s. I typed “Lanard” into eBay, and sure enough saw this helmet in a weird lot of stormtrooper knock-offs pretty much right off the bat. The line apparently features lots of figures with interesting helmets.

Overall, this is a nice unique custom. Whatever mom sold these probably never knew this had been so carefully altered. The lot of four troops cost $15.99.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Here’s a Sith Acolyte. A few weeks ago, a bunch of Sith customs showed up on eBay from different sellers. I’m not sure why. This guy was one of the better options. He was $9.99.