Latest Custom Acquisitions?

Reaction score

This Endor trooper is from the same lot as the POTJ Han. He’s wearing what looks like a vintage Kenner Yoda cloak. He was headless, so I painted a sculpt from Jokabofe (which has been in a baggie for a few years), and stuck it on there. Now it’s a fairly functional figure.

Reaction score
Very cool to see a thread like this, gives all sorts of ideas about combinations of parts and different looks. Keep posting!

Reaction score
Thanks! I try to buy whatever interesting combos I see on eBay, from low to higher end. Sometimes the low stuff is the most interesting and fun.

Reaction score

This clone is simple but awesome. There is a seller on eBay that pretty much only customizes orange clones from the 212th. This was $19, and worth the price, imo. He does a great job painting their helmets.

Reaction score

This guy came with a GI Joe head, dremeled down to fit. I replaced it with the infamous small bobble head Green Goblin from an old gumball machine, and then painted the guy’s arms the matching green. Now he’s a background alien.

Reaction score

One of those parts lots came with a POTJ Obi-Wan training body, and I boiled/popped in a Zap head from GI Joe. Now he’s an Outlander Club guy. He cost essentially nothing. He was pure spare parts.

Reaction score

Here’s a TVC style Philip J. Fry. He’s not too clean or accurate, but he was only about $7, and his rolled-up jeans made me laugh enough to buy him.

Reaction score

Here is a wonderful Jann Tosh custom, in modern style, from my fave guy Crimson Dynamite. I’ve placed him next to a vintage Kenner Jann Tosh for a nice comparison. I think he was $24. He had an orange wristband for his other arm, but I lost it.

Edit: I found his orange wristband.
Although my photo skills (both as a pic-taker and uploader) are weak, maybe you can still see the awesome headband CD sculpted in around that Anakin’s head. It’s a great update of a classic EU character.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Clone Trooper in casual gear. Spare parts guy. He might work well as a Karen Traviss character, like Darman.

He has long monkey arms, and short legs, but still might work in the right circumstances (like, say, in the background of a cantina).

Last edited:
Reaction score

I’ve got to throw in this Mark Poon Boba Fett Original Mailaway design, which might be the most beautiful custom I’ve ever seen. It was $75, but I might tell my wife to bury me with it. It’s an exquisite tribute to the original Fett, which never actually appeared in plastic.

Reaction score

Djas Puhr in alternative cantina outfit. He is from Crimson Dynamite, and I think cost $21.99.

Reaction score

This cantina pilot uses Shia LeBeouf’s Indy head, which shows up A LOT in these eBay customs. Many sellers use it, probably for its availability and general anonymity.

Reaction score

This is Booster Terrik (Wedge’s father-in-law) from the X-wing and other Rogue Squadron novels and comics. He looks a little like Space Santa, but I had to buy it ($13.99) to support a seller that actually knows who Booster Terrik is. He features a rougher paint job than I like, but is well-articulated enough to suffice in the cantina.

Reaction score

This Snoova features a number of different Chewie parts, which I’m sure all of us recognize. The highlight is the sculpted eye prosthetics. And the vibro axe. And other weapons. He was $35.

Reaction score

Here is a version of Cantina Dude, made by designer Sev Knifer. It is an all-new sculpt. It turns out that Cantina Dude is really a Duros! This is listed for about $100.00

Last edited:
Reaction score

Here is a Duros Smuggler, from the same gentleman, whose eBay handle is I_am_Boba_Fett. It is definitely super-articulated, and looks great in any scene. It retails for about $85 in his eBay store.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Anything will work for a padawan custom. I recently bought a weird lot of broken-up vintage figs (which included an old, probably quite valuable Colorforms Outer Space guy), removed and slightly re-painted their heads, and put them on some little Anakins.

Last edited:
Reaction score

I recently re-painted an R2 with a weird metallic paint, which seems to give off a slightly different color in almost every different lighting.

Reaction score

I recently got this “Old Republic” Jedi (which I’m assuming is based on Nomi Sunrider) on eBay for $30.00.

NOTE: The thing that freaks me out about this figure is her Jaina Solo body. Seems extravagant. Some customizer went all out to get that needed Jaina Solo head sculpt, I guess.

Last edited:
Reaction score

I added a vest to the guy who I said needed a vest. I figured out that he’s an Endor Trooper (the bent-elbow guys) on a later Endor Trooper’s body (the guys with soft-goods coats).

Last edited:
Reaction score

Having given his vest to that last guy, I put a long coat on Cassian. It’s from one of the 1:18 WWII figures. It’s not quite the same brown, but looks okay enough.

Now that I look at it, I guess I’ll have to re-paint his arms to match. But it certainly fits well.

Last edited:
Reaction score

I got this Kai Hudorra from CrimsonDynamite for about $26. CD makes lots of Jedi with clone plating on their forearms, ready to lead a legion into battle.

Reaction score

Here is another Clone Wars General Jedi. He’s a Saurian. CrimsonDynamite is willing sometimes to carve up a valuable figure to get the right part (but maybe not a Jaina Solo).

Reaction score

And here’s another Bothan. I actually bought this guy a few years ago for $18.99, but only recently re-painted his head. He clearly has scars, and lost the tips of his ears in battle.

Reaction score

This guy is cheap and poorly, but somehow retains an interesting appeal. He has unusual colors, but he’s really just an Episode I Saesee Tiin without his robe. The customizer actually magic-markered the head, chest, and hands black. The head is straight glued on. But oddly, I think he works, and I like him. He was $7.99.

NOTE: That’s actually a vintage Bossk. It’s so weird and yet cool how some amateurish customizers find parts and ideas. This guy may have been pure leftovers. But someone took the time to do it. That’s why I love the hobby.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Here is a guy that I paid (way overpaid) $20 for. He’s clearly a Lumiya Comic Pack Luke, re-painted black and given a beard and tatoos (and a vest). Now he’s a freighter captain or something. But, despite his cost, I’ve grown fond of him, because I’m the only one who has him.

NOTE: I added the belt and holster.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Here is Den Dhur, from the Michael Reeves novels. He’s hanging out with his friend I-5YQ. He’s a CrimsonDynamite human who I gave a Sullustan head and re-named.

Reaction score

Here is a Wookiee Jedi I got on eBay for about $40. He’s super-articulated, and features great paint and soft goods. Lowbacca and Dark Horse’s Tyvokka are the only Wookiee Jedi I know, and they look nothing like this; I guess this guy is just an anonymous Master.

Reaction score

I made these two aristocratic aliens from Space Precinct figures. I saw a pair like them once and couldn’t assemble the pieces, so improvised and used Leia/Mon Mothma and Outlander Anakin.

Last edited:
Reaction score

I followed that up with an old Yavin Luke and my last remaining Space Precinct head.

Reaction score
I was really bummed today because a customizer on facebook made a sick Retro Custom Mandalorian, and I don't have facebook. I was hoping it would've been set up like Pro Custom Figures where I just needed a paypal account, and he posted a link to pay, but toyweaver just did a post for people to reply what they wanted, and worked out payment later....bummer.

If anyone knows how to contact @toyweaver, or he's a rebel scummer, please contact me so I can purchase one in the future. Thanks!

Reaction score
He doesn’t allow people to contact him directly, but rather wants them to reply to his specific Facebook posts. He’s an amazing talent, and sells high, so might do another run if this one sold out so fast.

Reaction score
That sucks for me because I'll never have a facebook account, so I'll never be able to purchase from him.

Reaction score

Here’s a couple of Mandos looking quite Disney+, which I got from an artist named Steve Fuchs. He is an amazing illustrator who’s done Star Wars work for Topps cards, and who also makes figures. These two guys are fully-articulated, and were about $30 each. They are really nice.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Here’s a novel concept. Sometimes customizing (or something very much like it) is just having the taste to use a preexisting toy in the right context, without having to do literally anything to it. You don’t have to sculpt, paint, swap, or anything. Technically, that’s not even close to customizing, but you are using something to represent something else, and it can scratch just as creative an itch.

I have no idea what this figure is, or where it came from. It’s a slightly cartoonish character from some 2000s-era Ben Ten-type show. It was in a parts lot, and I was drawn to it for its 3.75” goodness. He doesn’t really fit with Star Wars, but gets close to working with the Resistance guys. He’s not a custom, but I found a use for him.

Reaction score

Here are some other examples. I’ve always loved the EU Ewoks, and their little Bordoks and Endor Ponies. Obviously, there was only one ever made, back in 1985 for a Kenner Playskool set. Why not use prehistoric Schleich creatures to update the look? You don’t have to do anything, just insert them into your diorama.

Reaction score

Garouf Lafoe, the cantina patron. It was made by CrimsonDynamite, and cost $21.00.

Reaction score

This Sith paratrooper was made out of a Comics Pack Vader and newly-sculpted head. I got it on eBay for about $11.00.

Reaction score

This ARC-170 pilot was given a clone head and drimmeled-out Commander Baccara helmet. It removes. It was $10 on eBay—a good deal.