Latest Custom Acquisitions?

That’s nice! 🙂. But if you don’t like it, you don’t have to tear it down. Just skip it and move on. There’s so much negativity on the internet.

Can a 3.75" figure fit in the cockpit(s)?

Reminds me when flea markets around here had cool stuff. For whatever reason, they are a barren waste land for me when it comes to stuff like this.

I know! It’s hard to find old cool toys like that. And yes, SW figs can fit!

Local Cerean Official. Hangs out on the spaceport. Cost me nothing to make from extra parts lying around.
I quite like this! I think he would fit right in on a Canto Bight diorama.

Is the torso an imp officer sans rank badge? If so, that's a very clean cut!

I actually had that old 80's space ship! I don't know what ever happened to it but I wished that I had been able to hold onto it for a custom project!
I also like to keep an eye out for Alien heads because they simply do not make enough these days and they make for some interesting looking characters. Some really cool acquisitions even though 5POA isn't my thing.

Here is a better close up shot of the BSG I posted in the Edian thread. When I first heard that the hats were sculpted on I was really turned off due to the arduous process of having to cut the hat off and basically having a useless head left over. Fortunately once I had them in hand and discovered the hat was made of a softer more pliable plastic, almost rubber like, it was far easer to remove than originally thought, which only required the boiling water trick to soften it up so you could peel it back far enough to cut the piece holding it on. So the old Edian head is still usable with either another hat style, helmet or hairpiece. Then I was able to dremel the hat to fit the new head, anyhoo without further ado, the bearded black BSG from one of the lesser known scenes.

Bespin Guard 1.JPG
Bespin Guard 2.JPG

Tulgah, whose heads are those sculpts? For both Cassian and Vel?

There are so many action figures out there that I've never gotten familiar with.

I’m sorry to say, but I actually don’t remember. I have a few bags with about a hundred heads each and have started to forget where everything came from.

If I had to guess, though, based on sculpt, paint apps, and most importantly ball/peg joints, I’d say they are from Joy Toy. The guy with the slick-backed hair and shaved sides certainly is, now that I think about it. 😜

I went to a Ren Faire on Saturday and stopped by an Ollie’s on the way out of town. I bought two Rogue One 5POA Jyns and one TVC (all $4.99). I swapped out some heads and now have a few more female rebels.
1684298684350.jpeg

I actually made this one. I used a JoyToy torso and blonde Annika head from Spylounge (I’m sure we all remember her). The legs are Star Wars, but I can’t remember from what. I used a rubber band to cover the joint mismatch. I’m not sure what she’s looking at. Anyway, spare parts for the win!
1684484207073.jpeg

I bought a headless Rebel Fleet Officer and gave him a Naboo Soldier head to make a new Captain. These guys are the easiest customs in Planet Earth. Just get any generic head from SW or Joe (or pretty much any 3.75”) and here you go:
1693885495557.jpeg
1693885516757.jpeg

I recently bought on eBay five totally headless VC209 Captain Grey figures without pauldrons or accessories. They cost $8.99, including shipping. I felt like a TVC figure for $1.75 is pretty good, even without a head. I just so happened to have some old LEGO clone helmets in a baggy. I ended up with a weird squad. It’s a nice little set for less than ten bucks, and it gave me a chance to use some throwaway pieces.
1694584039895.jpeg

I got her for $10 on eBay. You can’t really tell it’s Leia, first of all because it doesn’t really look that much like her, but really because you’re just not used to seeing her in these imperial digs. She makes a nice background imp.
1696700361088.jpeg
1696700459647.jpeg

I recently bought on eBay five totally headless VC209 Captain Grey figures without pauldrons or accessories. They cost $8.99, including shipping. I felt like a TVC figure for $1.75 is pretty good, even without a head. I just so happened to have some old LEGO clone helmets in a baggy. I ended up with a weird squad. It’s a nice little set for less than ten bucks, and it gave me a chance to use some throwaway pieces.
View attachment 472498
I think the Kaminoans didn’t let those cook for long enough. When the VC45 Clone (skinny Clone) sculpt was used for several of the later released Clone units I hated the oversized removable helmets that they had. I had SOOOOOO many
of the older Clone figures with the helmet head (non removable) that I decided to put those heads on the VC figure bodies. The only problem was the neck post was tiny & the helmet head ball sockets were huge. To make it work I made an adapter that fit the post that the helmet head could then fit perfect. I made the adapters out of extra TFA 5poa Rey heads. Her head ball socket fit the VC Clone’s post perfect. It is what I did to make the helmet then fit on it that I had fun with. Here is the finished look…

Image 529.jpeg

The adapters I made…
IMG_4232.jpeg
IMG_4230.jpeg

🤪

You win the internet award for the best use of a Rey figure!

The happy faces you drew on them makes it all awesome!

Back