LAS VEGAS COLLECTOR'S #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: WTF???

JEDI_MERC said:
I went to Fantastic swap meet twice since Jan. There were two booths that I remember. One guy sold with his wife. Over priced, he wanted something like $19 for an E1 Holo sidious.
. I didn't see him there the second time. The other guy is pretty cool, looks like he's Asian or Hispanic, he's from the Chicagoland area so we spoke for a while. His prices are pretty good and has a well rounded selection.

I also went to Xanadu...what a disappointment. Didn't see hardly anybody there, the toy/vendor room was unfortunately small. You could hear someones full conversation from across the room. There were chicks walking around in weird leather outfits. One chick wore a full on patten leather outfit with a ball-gag and was led around on a leash by another chick. I was like WTF is going on here?!?!? Some of the actors didn't even shoy. Some actors were so bored they were sitting there reading books. Mary Oyaya(Luminari Undulli) was a late cancellation, she went to film a movie. That was the only legit Star Wars person there. The other guy was only the "voice" of Wedge, And another guy only tried on a costum. He was in the movie but they never made a figure of him.

Total waste of time. I called off work for that crap. I had $400.oo burning a hole in my pocket looking for toys and figures and I ended up having a starbucks and walking down Freemont street. Whoopie-d-whoop.

I would kill for a toy show here, or anything close to that. Seems like it's slim pickins over here.
Yeah that's the guy at Fantastic we saw two weeks ago, really nice guy. Had a vintage Rebel Transport laying out and a bunch of older stuff that really wasn't priced all that badly. I'll have to go talk to him about Chicago, really possible I might have bought from him there way back.

I would be really stoked about getting a show here, so I'm talking to all the people I know who have organized, participated, etc. to see if we can't get something going.

I know I sound like a broken record LOL I don't want you guys to think all I do is sell or think about selling.

On a side note, anyone going to SDCC? I see it mentioned above, but has anyone already started their preparations?
I've had a hotel reserved for a couple months, but I probably won't be able to go. Thanks for posting that list of exclusives, TR, some of those are rockin'! If I get a job quickly I may have to ask one of you who's going to pick a couple things up for me (I pay in advance so you're not footing the bill). The Baroness, DCUC Wonder Twins, and maybe the AFX Jetfire are on my list, and if they happen to be selling leftover Savage Land sets, Gigantas, or King Greyskull (Hell, even King Randor)I'd be hunting for those too. I doubt they'd have any extras of those, but who knows?

I'm still bummed over my last trip to SDCC - I went in 2005, didn't get in line to meet Robert Jordan, and he died a year or two later. Did get to meet Richard Hatch and Herb Washington, tho. Really cool guys.

Reaction score

Well we are going to SDCC for certain. Leaving the Monday before and staying all the way through the week. Gonna do Sea World and a Padre game as well. Staying in Oldtown as usual. Starting to get excited. I think it may be more for the fact that I am taking 2 weeks off work more than the actual Con itself.

Reaction score

darthbill said:
echoplex said:
darthbill said:
echoplex said:
Tusken_Raiders said:
Nice to meet up with a couple of the fellas...DB & Ech, thanks guys I needed to get out for a little bit.

It was good to see everybody to. Next time we come to my side of town. 25 f&*king miles is way too much for me.
I'm not trying to be malicious but, my arguement is valid as far as locations go and I guess there is no point since it's only TR and I that usually show up anyway and are the mainstays here in this thread. Even JEDI_MERC and Sucho23 from AZ shows up and posts here more than some of the guys that have been here for a while. I see people lurk here all the time and occasionaly put there 2 cents in. I guess some people are too self-centered to take one day out of every few months for 1-2 hours and make the meets TR plans make it a part of their agenda. I know some just don't really want to be bothered but we've been trying to put together a good collecting community for quite some time where people can help each other out with items were looking for and despite all of our differences we can get along and discuss our common interests and/or build better friendships like I have with TR. If people decided not to show, I won't lose sleep but it really is a shame.

Now you know how I feel.
Not even close. All of the meets have been in the SW area close to the strip and/or GV area. They're all more than 17 miles for me. That's dedication. If the meets aren't in a convient area or conducive, nobody bothers to show up most of the time.
Dude there have been at least 2 at Redrock which is way more than 25 miles and the last BWW meet was over there on Charleston. If the meet doesn't fit where you can drive to don't show up, that simple. It was nice seeing you guys, but if we are gonna argue over location rather than just enjoy hanging out, whats the point of even having a meet?
I'm not trying to be malicious but, my arguement is valid as far as locations go and I guess there is no point since it's only TR and I that usually show up anyway and are the mainstays here in this thread. Even JEDI_MERC and Sucho23 from AZ shows up and posts here more than some of the guys that have been here for a while. I see people lurk here all the time and occasionaly put there 2 cents in. I guess some people are too self-centered to take one day out of every few months for 1-2 hours and make the meets TR plans make it a part of their agenda. I know some just don't really want to be bothered but we've been trying to put together a good collecting community for quite some time where people can help each other out with items were looking for and despite all of our differences we can get along and discuss our common interests and/or build better friendships like I have with TR. If people decide not to show, I won't lose any sleep but it really is a shame because we could all really benefit from a tighter community of collecotrs.

Reaction score

Most of the meet days have just been at bad times for me. I've either been on a work trip, or having to write term papers and such. I had fun at the one I got to come to, and hopefully I'll get to make at least one more before I leave town in June.

Reaction score

echoplex said:
darthbill said:
echoplex said:
darthbill said:
echoplex said:
Tusken_Raiders said:
Nice to meet up with a couple of the fellas...DB & Ech, thanks guys I needed to get out for a little bit.

It was good to see everybody to. Next time we come to my side of town. 25 f&*king miles is way too much for me.
I'm not trying to be malicious but, my arguement is valid as far as locations go and I guess there is no point since it's only TR and I that usually show up anyway and are the mainstays here in this thread. Even JEDI_MERC and Sucho23 from AZ shows up and posts here more than some of the guys that have been here for a while. I see people lurk here all the time and occasionaly put there 2 cents in. I guess some people are too self-centered to take one day out of every few months for 1-2 hours and make the meets TR plans make it a part of their agenda. I know some just don't really want to be bothered but we've been trying to put together a good collecting community for quite some time where people can help each other out with items were looking for and despite all of our differences we can get along and discuss our common interests and/or build better friendships like I have with TR. If people decided not to show, I won't lose sleep but it really is a shame.

Now you know how I feel.
Not even close. All of the meets have been in the SW area close to the strip and/or GV area. They're all more than 17 miles for me. That's dedication. If the meets aren't in a convient area or conducive, nobody bothers to show up most of the time.
Dude there have been at least 2 at Redrock which is way more than 25 miles and the last BWW meet was over there on Charleston. If the meet doesn't fit where you can drive to don't show up, that simple. It was nice seeing you guys, but if we are gonna argue over location rather than just enjoy hanging out, whats the point of even having a meet?
I'm not trying to be malicious but, my arguement is valid as far as locations go and I guess there is no point since it's only TR and I that usually show up anyway and are the mainstays here in this thread. Even JEDI_MERC and Sucho23 from AZ shows up and posts here more than some of the guys that have been here for a while. I see people lurk here all the time and occasionaly put there 2 cents in. I guess some people are too self-centered to take one day out of every few months for 1-2 hours and make the meets TR plans make it a part of their agenda. I know some just don't really want to be bothered but we've been trying to put together a good collecting community for quite some time where people can help each other out with items were looking for and despite all of our differences we can get along and discuss our common interests and/or build better friendships like I have with TR. If people decide not to show, I won't lose any sleep but it really is a shame because we could all really benefit from a tighter community of collecotrs.
Whatever bro, I know where I have driven to meets so I will just leave it at that. And I missed one get together when my sister was getting married. As for "lurking" as you put it, I don't collect hasbro anymore and really have nothing to say about it so thats why I don't post as often. If you are offended by me looking at whats going on then so be it. If I have something to say I will if I don't I wont. Sorry if this offends you because that was not my intent at all. My statement is simply that it balances out with where we drive to get together and if someone feels its too far to drive then its their decision to show up or not. We live in a valley and unfortunately we all don't live next door to each other so there will be some driving involved.

Reaction score

Ok, everyone look at my avatar. You will feel calm. Nobody gets mad when baby ewoks are around.

Reaction score

Never said I was mad nor am I mad at all. But the baby ewoks are very calming. Thanks Jaq

Reaction score

DarthJaq said:
Ok, everyone look at my avatar. You will feel calm. Nobody gets mad when baby ewoks are around.
I don't know about everyone else, but I feel the sudden urge to kill when ewoks are around, period. Come to think of it, I get the same urge when Gungans show up. I guess that makes me intolerant.

And Echo, really, the blanket statement couldn't be further from the truth. Unfortunately I get torpedoed regularly when it comes to meets and as a result, I don't even tentatively RSVP. Couple that with the last few years I've had recently (losing my mom and my job just last year alone) and I just haven't been real good company. Couple that with a full time mod position on another board and my time here is limited.

I feel your frustration, though, it's been a desert the last 4 years over on SSG.

I drove from Black Mountain to Summerlin Parkway for work every day for the last three years before I got laid off, so I don't have issues with the drives, it's just the times they've come up. That's just my personal, non-important story.

Reaction score
on the river in Arizona, Paradise as I like to cal

Hey guys its the ghost of collecting past.. I have been gone for awhile.. bad things happening on the home front.. I have missed you all, and would love to make the meets but my time unfortunatley is limited.. in the past two years my ex moved back and messed up my life ( that is slowly getting fixed ) then my mother gets sick real sick and I have had to manage her care since the holidays.. and I am still a single parent of three teenage boys and I own my own business WHEW lol I got tired just typing that.. so I have sundays off (which I spend with my boys ) and mondays off which I spend on mom ( doctors lawyers case workers etc ) the rest of the week its get kids up fed off to school go to work leave work go see my mom and how she is doing get home cook dinner feed kids do dishes help with homework get them to bed get me to bed and do it all over agian SO a meet for few hours sounds like paradise lol I havent even had any time to date.. ( yes TR I have not met any waitresses lately ) had to give up somthing.. but next time you meet on a sunday or monday I vow to get there I can even provide rides... one day I hope to host all you guys at my house ( as soon as I get it cleaned up LOL ) so cant we all be freinds?????

:confused

Reaction score

DarthJaq said:
The baby Ewok has spoken...

I think it is fair to say we have all had some not so great days in the past year or so. Heck, I am just trying to enjoy the things and time I do have for Star Wars much less anything else I am interested in.

As for lurking... don't know how it is defined these days, but I agree with DB... not a whole lot to say. I haven't been buying anything and not going to Comic-Con so can't get too excited about that. Heck, I own a Pontiac and can't get excited about that either.... Lurking to me used to be more about the people that would rush to a hot spot whenever a post was made and sweep up everything in aisle so when a contributing member would show up they would be like "what, nothing here". Other than that... read, enjoy, comment or don't it doesn't make you any more or less valuable to have a high posting rate. If you have the time and need to post that much great... if not great.

I have found most of my days off have been spent at the Gun Range and if anyone has an interest in shooting (targets, not people) than please hit me up sometime. In these crazy times I find it truly relieves some stress.
So, till next time... have a good work, good play, good golf or good [censored] whatever makes you happy.

Reaction score

DarthJaq said:
Hmmmmmm. Baby ewoks taste delicious.
. Finger likin' good.

Reaction score
on the river in Arizona, Paradise as I like to cal

Gambler said:
DarthJaq said:
The baby Ewok has spoken...

I think it is fair to say we have all had some not so great days in the past year or so. Heck, I am just trying to enjoy the things and time I do have for Star Wars much less anything else I am interested in.

As for lurking... don't know how it is defined these days, but I agree with DB... not a whole lot to say. I haven't been buying anything and not going to Comic-Con so can't get too excited about that. Heck, I own a Pontiac and can't get excited about that either.... Lurking to me used to be more about the people that would rush to a hot spot whenever a post was made and sweep up everything in aisle so when a contributing member would show up they would be like "what, nothing here". Other than that... read, enjoy, comment or don't it doesn't make you any more or less valuable to have a high posting rate. If you have the time and need to post that much great... if not great.

I have found most of my days off have been spent at the Gun Range and if anyone has an interest in shooting (targets, not people) than please hit me up sometime. In these crazy times I find it truly relieves some stress.
So, till next time... have a good work, good play, good golf or good [censored] whatever makes you happy.
What Gambler said.. and as far as shooting goes I am in.. old gun nut myself ( didnt help that my dad grew up in Beirut lol )

Reaction score

Shooting Ranges can be a fun afternoon, no doubt. Don't get me wrong, I still love my Star Wars collectibles, but no matter how many lifesize 1:1 scale items I buy, none of them will protect me or themselves. I tell one of my friends all the time who is a Warcraft addict (more than me) that if someone kicks the door down to your home he/she isn't likely to run if you yell "dont make me log on my level 80 Warlock"

Reaction score

Hmmm...could we shoot Hasbro figures?

I distinctly remember the last few meets I went to: Red Rock station, Sith's house, PT's on Charleston, another one or two on Flamingo and 215 and one at Metro on Trop. They balance out. I can't make Sunday's since I work, and last Saturday we had my son's first birthday party.

It seems Hasbro is the most immediate discussion topic, but most of us have strayed from it. The other forums specific to SS or GG take up more of my time.

Reaction score

I start ranting and everyone comes out to put there 2 cents in and my point is made. I guess I have to stir **** up every now and then to get some of guys to post and say "Hi" Like I said, I know some of you have other stuff going on and are busy but, when we do arrange these meets, we try to make it so that everyone can attend but then lies the true problem, little to no feedback. You want to talk about guns? Fine, lets talk guns. I have three and go shooting with my neighbor all the time but, if Gambler didn't post, I would have no idea he was interested in firearms. I know DarthJaq likes video games and became friends w/ Sith702 from posting here. Darth Bill and I really like Football. I haven't really heard from Max since the birth of his child and would like to know how his family is doing. Some of us including myself once served or still serve in the armed forces and we can BS about that. Heck, I'm interested to see how everyone is doing especially in these tough economic times. We don't have to talk about Hasbro or Star Wars in general, hell we can talk about anything but, if we never talk or post, we'll never know these things and it becomes segregated in here. I can't force anybody to do anything against their will but I said it before and I'll say it again. What Gambler originally started by trying to get a collecting community together was one of the best ideas here and it's really a shame if you choose not to participate.

Reaction score
Re: Customs

orionlukteel said:
echoplex said:
Here's my latest custom.

Echo - Nice work on all of those (Star/Skyduster, TF Tripwire, etc). What are you using for paint?
Cheap a$$ "Apple barrel" acrylic paint. A lot of customizer hatethe stuff but i found a good water to paint ratio to make it look like the more expensive paints.

Reaction score
Re: Customs

I had a nice little haul yesterday. I picked up a IJ Cargo truck for $11 and found 2 GIJOE figures w/ the silver logo at the ghetto Kmart. Ipicked up a few Joes I needed for customs and found a Sarlacc Pit set for TR since I scored the last one we could find on Saturday.

Reaction score

Since I started working for Metro in Sept, my schedule has been a rollercoaster. I had weekends off for a bit, but since December, my schedule has changed every month. I don't even have weekends off right now, so it's not for a lack of trying, just a crappy work schedule. It should settle down soon though.

I don't post as much cause I really don't collect hasbro, no need to post my GG haul, cause there's no hunt to it. I can update you guys with my xbox achievement score. That's about the only thing I actively collect anymore. I'm easily amused.

Reaction score

Sorry I never meet up as well

I have met with jedihunter once to buy a detolf cab last year and thats it.My family,my work make it very hard to get out and do things because my wife works when I get home from work leaving me the 4 and 1 year olds to take care of.So right now at this stage in life my social life is non-existent because I am a very doting parent and want a very select few to watch my kids(parents/mother in law and thats about it).

Hopefully in time I will start to ease out of my hermit like existence and meet up with the LV gang but I may be a bore to most of you guys....I collect vintage MOC/loose and left the modern collecting world behind over 3 years ago because it does nothing for me anymore.

Anyway I promise to meet up one day on one of these get togethers and it would be an extreme honor to meet you guys in person.

Until then this is the best I can do unless its meeting up to buy a vintage item/display cabinet etc.

Speaking of display cabinets if anyone here has anything for sale or has a lead to where some nice glass displays or anything that would look nice to display Vintage MOC or loose figures I would appreciate it.

Have fun guys!

Reaction score
SDCC exclusive UPDATED

AFX - Trans - Jetfire bust - Battledamaged
Acme - SW Character Key
GG - SW - McQuarrie Fett
GG - SW - Blackhole Statue
GG - SW - Vader Helmet Pink
GG - HP - Dumbledore
GG - Halo 3 Classic Mini Bust
Hasbro - Transformers - Soundwave w/Cassettes
Hasbro - SW - X-Wing Luke w/Ladder
Hasbro - GI Joe 12" Baroness
Hasbro - GI Joe Destro 3 3/4" Destro 2-pack
Hasbro - MLP
Hasbro - Marvel - MU 4 pack set (Capt. America, Red Skull, Namor, Torch)
Hasbro - SW - Stormtrooper Commander
Hasbro - Trans - MM Optimus Prime
Mattel - DC - DCUC Wonder Twins
Mattel - DC - DCIH Anti-Monitor
Mattel - DC - JLU Green Lantern Origins 3 pk
Mattel - HM - He-Ro Figure
Mattel - GB - Egon Spengler & Slimmer 2pk
Mattel - Cars - Red w/miata 3 pk
Mattel - Dis - Buzz Lightyear
McFarlane - Halo 3 - Gifball Spartan
Sideshow - GI Joe - 12" Crimson Cobra Commander - UPDATED
Sideshow - SW - 12" Han & Luke in Stormtrooper - UPDATED
Sideshow - The Dead - Subject 16566: The Butcher - UPDATED
Sideshow - Marvel - Hot Toys Gun-Metal Iron Man Mark III - UPDATED
Sideshow - Disney - Runaway Brain Mickey Mouse Oversize - UPDATED
Sideshow - LOTR - 'Mount Doom' Dio: Sam & Frodo - UPDATED
Sideshow - Mort B&W vinyl figure - UPDATED
Toynami - Futurama

Reaction score

DarthJaq said:
Since I started working for Metro in Sept, my schedule has been a rollercoaster. I had weekends off for a bit, but since December, my schedule has changed every month. I don't even have weekends off right now, so it's not for a lack of trying, just a crappy work schedule. It should settle down soon though.

I don't post as much cause I really don't collect hasbro, no need to post my GG haul, cause there's no hunt to it. I can update you guys with my xbox achievement score. That's about the only thing I actively collect anymore. I'm easily amused.
Metro? Pizza or Police? If the latter, where and what?

Reaction score

maxthesilent said:
DarthJaq said:

Metro? Pizza or Police? If the latter, where and what?
DJ's a 911 operator now.

Reaction score

Echo is right. I work at Metrocomm now. right now just a calltaker, but after a year or so, i'll be a dispatcher.

Reaction score
Wolverine - Star Trek etc...

I imagine some of you saw Wolverine at a midnight release, but anyone have plans for the other movies of the summer? We are going to Rave tonight around 9 to catch Wolverine, but anyone want to meet up for Star Trek or any others? I tend to only go to Rave at Town Square, so if anyone goes there let me know and maybe we can catch the show. I know we have some real videophile/audiophile here, but I think Rave currently has the best theater. If not for the screens just the place itself is nice. Plus, if you don't want to eat the usual popcorn and stuff the assortment of restaurants is nice to have before or after the show.

Well... let me know and maybe we can set a time for the upcoming movies.

Reaction score
Re: Wolverine - Star Trek etc...

Gambler said:
I imagine some of you saw Wolverine at a midnight release, but anyone have plans for the other movies of the summer? We are going to Rave tonight around 9 to catch Wolverine, but anyone want to meet up for Star Trek or any others? I tend to only go to Rave at Town Square, so if anyone goes there let me know and maybe we can catch the show. I know we have some real videophile/audiophile here, but I think Rave currently has the best theater. If not for the screens just the place itself is nice. Plus, if you don't want to eat the usual popcorn and stuff the assortment of restaurants is nice to have before or after the show.

Star Trek at the Palms, Thursday at 7.

Anyone getting the SS Han in Carbonite environment? I cancelled but I'd like to see one in person.

Reaction score

maxthesilent said:
Anyone getting the SS Han in Carbonite environment? I cancelled but I'd like to see one in person.
Cancelled mine as well...Its a little to expensive for something with an edition size of 2000...besides I have a few other things to get before this...I hope to get this cheaper down the road...

Reaction score

Gambler said:

I've got a pass for the premeire @ the Palms for this Tuesday.

Reaction score

I saw Wolverine yesterday and I liked it alot...Would say B-/C+..It was entertaining and somewhat decent story line...I also liked most of the actors they picked...yes even Will I AM...The negatives are the obvious horrible CGI work, what they did to Deadpool & also with 2 or 3 possible endings...I got Wolverine drinking whiskey at a Japaneese bar.

Reaction score

Tusken_Raiders said:
maxthesilent said:
Cancelled mine as well...Its a little to expensive for something with an edition size of 2000...besides I have a few other things to get before this...I hope to get this cheaper down the road...
2000 is way too high for something that really isn't a figure, and $200 is way too high for the same reason. I bet these will be cheap later on.

Reaction score

Cool had no idea they had different end teasers. We got the Deadpool teaser. I thought it was pretty good, kinda made me want to watch the first X-men again.

Not totally surprise, but was interesting to see the top 3 on the Sideshow poll for movies were Star Trek, Terminator than Wolverine. But they didn't list Transformers or GI Joe in that line up either.

Anyone going to see Star Trek on Imax? Always hard to decide, the last one I saw was Superman Returns on Imax 3D and it was ok, but not sure I would have missed it if I didn't go. If I can get far enough back, I like the giant screens just hate when they clearly aren't formatted for it.

Reaction score

Gambler said:
Cool had no idea they had different end teasers. We got the Deadpool teaser. I thought it was pretty good, kinda made me want to watch the first X-men again.

Not totally surprise, but was interesting to see the top 3 on the Sideshow poll for movies were Star Trek, Terminator than Wolverine. But they didn't list Transformers or GI Joe in that line up either.

Anyone going to see Star Trek on Imax? Always hard to decide, the last one I saw was Superman Returns on Imax 3D and it was ok, but not sure I would have missed it if I didn't go. If I can get far enough back, I like the giant screens just hate when they clearly aren't formatted for it.
The last movie I saw was "AOTC" on IMAX and I don't really remember but some A/V guru here on rebelscum said that IMAX movies are edited for time/length. Something about the format only allows the movie to be so long so they usually edited certain scenes. I don't know if there's any truth to this. maxthesilent would would probably know the answer but, since then I've been a little skeptical about seeing IMAX movies now.

Reaction score

When AOTC came out, they did have to cut scenes out, but now they can show them however long they want. I'm sure they've all gone digital by now. I saw TDK in IMAX and it wasn't shortened at all and that movie has to be longer than AOTC

Reaction score

How did you like Dark Knight in IMAX? Wanted to go back and see it, but never go around to it.

Reaction score

Gambler said:
How did you like Dark Knight in IMAX? Wanted to go back and see it, but never go around to it.
It was awesome. I actually got tix from the www.whysoserious.com viral stuff, the last two tix for the vegas showing at the palms. It was pretty awesome. Especially the ones they filmed for imax, the bank heist and the stuff in japan was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.