LAS VEGAS COLLECTOR'S #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Comic Con Exclusive

This is probably really sad, but with all the exclusives out there I would like to try to get my hands on the Halmark Ornament set. I will probably resort to eBay to get mine, but we have a nice run on Star Wars ornaments and even though I missing a ton from Halmark those would be cool to get. I don't go out of my way to find them or buy them usually, but if my wife doesn't buy them then my family will usually pick them up and mail them, so I figure I might as well have this set too.

Reaction score
Re: Comic Con Exclusive

Meets more often would still be nice. We got close for a while at one a month or so. I am down to one day off these days and normally it is Sunday, but not always so still gonna suck for me a bit. But I am always for setting a date and hoping it works out.

Reaction score
Re: Comic Con Exclusive

I myself feel bummed... I've been having medical issues again and well I just don't feel happy. Its another unknown that could be something, could be nothing. I hate this.
If you all want to meet that would be great.

Reaction score
Meets

I'm down for the next meet, now that we finally got our car back from the body shop.

I know location is an issue, but I'm willing to host a meet too. We have a nice back yard with a good sized pool, so you all could bring your kids- or not, if you want quiet LOL, just have to rent a swamp cooler for the man cave in the garage (depending on the outside temp
We're also in delivery range of a good Chicago-style pizza place.

The catch - I'm over by Black Mountain, which I know is way out of the way for most of you. But I figured I'd offer!

Reaction score
Re: Crazy broad

So I go down to the Miracle Mile shops next to planet hollywood this afternoon. My day off and i've never been there so...I go into this upscale (ridiculously overpriced) trendy clothing store and i'm looking at the button long sleeve shirts with some cool looking designs and like a couple of brads or nail heads or something in it, and the sales lady says its a wonderful shirt and would really bring out my eyes. The tag says $165.00!!! Then she says a light blue or grey pair of jeans would really compliment the shirt. She hands me a pair of jeans with a price tag of $226.00!!! I asked her if they have a loan officer on site. She just blinked a couple of times and didn't say a word. I put the clothes down and walked out.

I don't care if I was rude. That's absolutely INSANE to sell them at that price. I don't care if it is a tourist mall on the strip. I'm comfortable paying up to $40 for a pair of jeans. Call me frugal in this era but if I spent $226.00 on a pair of jeans, my deceased Grandfather would rise from the ground, walk from Chicago to Vegas just to slap me in the back of the head.
And I would deserve it.

Reaction score

Hey everyone, I am in Vegas and have to part with my collection. I Have a TON of stuff (all in box) from 1995-2006. If you are looking for anything please feel free to e-mail me at Brett3xmvpfavre4@gmail.com. I would like to sell locally so i can save on shipping. Thanks in advance.

Oh yeah and I can e-mail pictures back too.

Reaction score

JEDI_MERC said:
So I go down to the Miracle Mile shops next to planet hollywood this afternoon. My day off and i've never been there so...I go into this upscale (ridiculously overpriced) trendy clothing store and i'm looking at the button long sleeve shirts with some cool looking designs and like a couple of brads or nail heads or something in it, and the sales lady says its a wonderful shirt and would really bring out my eyes. The tag says $165.00!!! Then she says a light blue or grey pair of jeans would really compliment the shirt. She hands me a pair of jeans with a price tag of $226.00!!! I asked her if they have a loan officer on site. She just blinked a couple of times and didn't say a word. I put the clothes down and walked out.

I don't care if I was rude. That's absolutely INSANE to sell them at that price. I don't care if it is a tourist mall on the strip. I'm comfortable paying up to $40 for a pair of jeans. Call me frugal in this era but if I spent $226.00 on a pair of jeans, my deceased Grandfather would rise from the ground, walk from Chicago to Vegas just to slap me in the back of the head.
And I would deserve it.
Thats funny schit there J_M...Thats why I dont go to the stores on the strip...However, I dont mind eating at some of those over price trendy resturants...

Reaction score
Re: Meets

orionlukteel said:
I'm down for the next meet, now that we finally got our car back from the body shop.

I know location is an issue, but I'm willing to host a meet too. We have a nice back yard with a good sized pool, so you all could bring your kids- or not, if you want quiet LOL, just have to rent a swamp cooler for the man cave in the garage (depending on the outside temp

The catch - I'm over by Black Mountain, which I know is way out of the way for most of you. But I figured I'd offer!
Thats sounds like fun Pat...

Anyone interested??? If not Orion's place, anywhere else??? Suggestions??? Bueller???

Reaction score

Tusken_Raiders said:
orionlukteel said:

Thats sounds like fun Pat...

Anyone interested??? If not Orion's place, anywhere else??? Suggestions??? Bueller???

Yeah, I'm fine with going to someones house. I don't mind the drive, and i'm willing to pick someone up who might need a ride. At least we wont have to worry about the waitresses with deep eastern european accents and bushy eyebrows.

Reaction score

Sent back my EFX X-Wing, I just couldnt come to the realization of owning a $1200 item, plus having to invest $200-400 for a display case...So $1400-$1600 for one item...I just couldnt do it...

The bad part is that I took a $200 hit for a 're-stocking' fee...but it was a $350 fee if I would have cancelled after ordering it...

Reaction score

Yeah, that 1,000 dollar barrier is a hard barrier to justify breaking.

Reaction score

Tusken_Raiders said:
Sent back my EFX X-Wing, I just couldnt come to the realization of owning a $1200 item, plus having to invest $200-400 for a display case...So $1400-$1600 for one item...I just couldnt do it...

The bad part is that I took a $200 hit for a 're-stocking' fee...but it was a $350 fee if I would have cancelled after ordering it...

Now, I could say something mean like, "My wife doesn't seem to mind spending $1350.00 on a Disneyland timeshare behind my back...." But I wouldn't say something like that

Yeah, I couldn't bear to pay something like that unless Jeremy Bulloch presented it to me himself and promised to come by every week to perform cleaning and preventive maintenance on it. Even then it's only a solid maybe.

Reaction score

sucho23 said:
Yeah, that 1,000 dollar barrier is a hard barrier to justify breaking.
Yeah I know...thats why I had to send it back...I can get a few of my grails instead...Also, with SDCC around the corner I need the dinero's...

Status
Not open for further replies.