LAS VEGAS COLLECTOR'S #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Order up.

Good news. My box of Star Wars Galaxy 4 cards came in yesterday
. I'll pick em' up Friday after work and Sat. night i'll post what I need (hopefully none) and my extras and trades.

Reaction score
Meet

The Meet...this sunday. Who is going???
I know myself & Echo...anyone else? or should we (once again postpone to March 28th or 29th?

Please respond guys...

Reaction score
Re: Meet

From CSN:

UPDATE: Mickey Rourke Officially in Iron Man 2
Source:Deadline Hollywood Daily March 12, 2009

After a lot of back and forth, Deadline Hollywood Daily has confirmed today that Mickey Rourke has officially signed on to play a villain in Iron Man 2:

I just heard that ICM has scored its second casting deal for Marvel's Iron Man 2. After at first being low-balled by the studio to the tune of $250K, Rourke has signed on for the role of the Russian villain in the sequel after his agent David Unger got the quote up to a "significant" level despite this punishing economic climate where the studios are taking advantage of talent. (No wonder Mickey kept thanking Unger so profusely in acceptance speeches for the BAFTA, Golden Globes, Spirit, and other awards.) But don't expect Marvel to confirm any of this: they won't until all the i's are dotted and t's crossed on the contracts. I can also tell you that Sony was considering hiring Mickey to play the villain in Spider-Man 4.

Director Jon Favreau will start shooting Iron Man 2 very soon for a May 7, 2010 release date.

UPDATE: Variety adds that Rourke will play "Whiplash, a character that includes elements from that comicbook villain and Crimson Dynamo, another Russian baddie."

Reaction score

Tusken_Raiders said:
I know myself & Echo...anyone else? or should we (once again postpone to March 28th or 29th?

Please respond guys...

So, my wife gets home Monday after a four day "girls trip" to Disneyland (they even had matching shirts made up) and after ahh the good to see you" and how was the trip comments, she says, "So what are we doing Sunday"? And I'm like,...I have my Star Wars get together......................................................long pause by her........................................"Sunday is my birthday Paul"

Da&*, frassin, razzin, motha' @#%&*%, fri&&*#, son of a @#$^&!!!!!

I swear I think she said that on purpose. I even tried to have a Saturday outing with her, nope.

She wants a Sunday afternoon family hoo haaa with cake and presents and everyone over. I'm like what are you 7 years old????

She's getting a quick 12:00 meet and greet with the family, and a thin slice of cake.

I'm going to try like heck to get there.

Reaction score

Hey JEDI_MERC, I thought this might get lost in the shuffle so I'll repost here. I know you were looking for GIJOE Wraith(s). He's back up on HTS.com. for who knows how long since HTS.com has been removing a lot of items recently.

Reaction score

Tusken_Raiders said:

Please respond guys...
I guess we'll be going on a man date TR. lol Seriously, I don't get out much these days so I don't care who shows up. I just want to get out of the house and bull$hit with my buddies. It would be nice to have more heads show up but if you still want to meet up and swap stuff and get some grub I'm down.

Reaction score

This sunday is bad for me since the family is still in town for my sisters wedding. I may be able to swing by and say hello but can't make that a definate.

Reaction score

I put my foot down with crazy...I mean my wife
, and I'll be there on Sunday, where ever it is.

Reaction score

echoplex said:
Hey JEDI_MERC, I thought this might get lost in the shuffle so I'll repost here. I know you were looking for GIJOE Wraith(s). He's back up on HTS.com. for who knows how long since HTS.com has been removing a lot of items recently.

Thanks bro. I'm kind of relunctant from buying online in general. Had a few purchases with ebay that went south in regards to broken mechwarrior clickable pieces and bent cards in neglectful shipping. I know Hasbro and Brians toys and other big names are much more reliable than joe blow on ebay, but i'm the kind of person who has to see it in person.

I know you have some figs for me, and I think JediHunter45 had some we agreed on, but that was like back in Nov. and I haven't heard from him since. And I know he had some personal stuff going on that takes precedence over Star Wars so I won't hold him to it. I'll show this weekend, and I'll hit up the sellers at Xanadu in April to see what I can snag. After that, whatever i'm still missing from EP1, POTJ, and ROTS i'll make a purchase order online.

Thanks for the heads up though.

Reaction score

JEDI_MERC said:
echoplex said:

Thanks bro. I'm kind of relunctant from buying online in general. Had a few purchases with ebay that went south in regards to broken mechwarrior clickable pieces and bent cards in neglectful shipping. I know Hasbro and Brians toys and other big names are much more reliable than joe blow on ebay, but i'm the kind of person who has to see it in person.

I know you have some figs for me, and I think JediHunter45 had some we agreed on, but that was like back in Nov. and I haven't heard from him since. And I know he had some personal stuff going on that takes precedence over Star Wars so I won't hold him to it. I'll show this weekend, and I'll hit up the sellers at Xanadu in April to see what I can snag. After that, whatever i'm still missing from EP1, POTJ, and ROTS i'll make a purchase order online.

Thanks for the heads up though.
No doubt, sometimes with EBAY its a crap shoot...but so far its been good...I have recieved items that were slighty damaged..but I try not to pay top dollar, so if I can get it at a discount I will...

Reaction score

JEDI_MERC said:
I put my foot down with crazy...I mean my wife
, and I'll be there on Sunday, where ever it is.
Well is Chili's (Rampart/Charleston) fine? Buffalo Wings Wings as well (Flamingo/Hualapi), TImbers (Flamingo/Durango) I got a pitcher of free beer here..., Graziano's Pizza Resturant (Desert Inn/Sahara)...

Lets say 1 or 2....

Reaction score

I haven't been to grazanos yet. New place might be cool. I'll vote for 1:00 unless there are any objectons.

Reaction score

JEDI_MERC said:
I haven't been to grazanos yet. New place might be cool. I'll vote for 1:00 unless there are any objectons.
Wow, you really edited the first post...lol..

Grazino's is a cool sports bar resturant (more resturant), but its nice, I just wish they had better TV's, but I haven't been there in about a year now...

Reaction score

Tusken_Raiders said:
AHHHH Ech. getting your numbers up with the last thread??? j/k...
Well the moderators won't lock it until it reaches 500. I tried to get them to lock my GIJOE Rhino thread and they won't do it even though I got my response from another scummer who has all three sets and is going to back them up for me and in return I just need to make some back up of other DVD's I have. So if you want me to make you copies I'll have them shortly. I refuse to pay $100 a set on eBay.

P.S. I already had almost 30 post today so it was just icing on the cake. lol

Reaction score

JEDI_MERC said:
1:00 pm sounds good to me, but where? I have a gift card for Applebee's lol

Reaction score

echoplex said:
JEDI_MERC said:
I dont care...Gazinos or Applebees, can we go to the one on Ft. APache/Tropicana???

Reaction score

Tusken_Raiders said:
echoplex said:
JEDI_MERC said:
I dont care...Gazinos or Applebees, can we go to the one on Ft. APache/Tropicana???

The reason I edited that last post is because I origionally wrote that I think I have a gift card for Applebees from Christmas
, but I edited that out when I remembered I used it a few weeks ago. Funny huh?
. Anyway, either place is cool with me.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Re: Sell your stuff...

I was on craigs list tonight and found a guy who set up a booth inside the Galleria mall this weekend on the 2nd floor by JC Penney.

Says he will buy your toys and will be there this weekend.
408-406-5867 Tim
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/wan/1071782312.html

I don't know him but I will be heading there after work Sat. around 3:00, just to see what he has. I'm guessing he'll probably try to buy stuff dirt cheap.

Umm...**clears throat**...If anyone here has stuff waiting for me this Sunday. Please don't sell it to him.

Thank you.

Reaction score
MJ Sideshow

I was on Sideshowcollectors.com and someone posted this potential Mary Jane Comiquette..Now this is smokin hott...

Reaction score

JEDI_MERC said:
Tusken_Raiders said:
echoplex said:
JEDI_MERC said:

The reason I edited that last post is because I origionally wrote that I think I have a gift card for Applebees from Christmas
, but I edited that out when I remembered I used it a few weeks ago. Funny huh?
. Anyway, either place is cool with me.
HA!!! Got mine for Christmas as well. LOL

Reaction score
Re: John Connor fig.

JEDI_MERC said:
Have you guys seen the pics of the 12in John Connor figure?

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=273&itemid=14203

I don't own not even one 12in fig, but i'm seriously getting butterflies over this fig.
Most of the 12" figures are nice especialy the asian ones like Hot Toys, Medicom, and enterbay but, I just don't have the funds for another line and I definitely don't have room for them. Collecting four different lines is enough for me right now.

Reaction score
Re: Sell your stuff...

JEDI_MERC said:
I was on craigs list tonight and found a guy who set up a booth inside the Galleria mall this weekend on the 2nd floor by JC Penney.

Says he will buy your toys and will be there this weekend.
408-406-5867 Tim
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/wan/1071782312.html

I don't know him but I will be heading there after work Sat. around 3:00, just to see what he has. I'm guessing he'll probably try to buy stuff dirt cheap.

Umm...**clears throat**...If anyone here has stuff waiting for me this Sunday. Please don't sell it to him.

Thank you.
Your items are safe.

Reaction score
Re: MJ Sideshow

Tusken_Raiders said:
I was on Sideshowcollectors.com and someone posted this potential Mary Jane Comiquette..Now this is smokin hott...

GOOD LORD!!! Those comiquettes make me feel like a pervert. Especialy since I'm enamored by a fictional character.

Reaction score
Ewoks

Hey guys,
Not sure if anyone is still looking but Just a heads up. I saw some of the Ewok comic book packs( along with the rest of that series) at the wal-mart on sunset. They are super cool! One of em has a stormtrooper helmet. Nice.

Reaction score
Re: Ewoks

Off topic but is anyone looking to sell 12" modern loose/complete figures?

I want to buy them for my kids so the cheaper the better.

PM me with any offers

Reaction score
Re: Ewoks

konas2002 said:
Hey guys,
Not sure if anyone is still looking but Just a heads up. I saw some of the Ewok comic book packs( along with the rest of that series) at the wal-mart on sunset. They are super cool! One of em has a stormtrooper helmet. Nice.
Im still looking but that WM is too far...I hope that WM over here will eventually get them...Thanks for the heads up Konas...

Reaction score
Sad news for GIJOE fans

This was reported by fellow scummer Emperor Palpitate.

Here's all the links to the Q&As in one place. The blue links are the sites that have posted their answers so far...

http://www.generalsjoes.com/qanda.html

Lots of the typical dodging by Hasbro, but there are a few good tidbits in there. Sadly, they confirm that the 25th-style line is now done for the foreseeable future. No more waves are coming *sniffle*.

Reaction score
Re: Sports cards and collectibles show.

Went to the Galleria mall after work today and saw that show. It was small with about twenty vendors. Tons of autographed sports cards, pics, ufc signed posters and gloves. Only saw two vendors selling toys and such, but they had a good variety. Star Wars, Spawn, DC, Marvel, tons of comics and cards.

They have this show every few months apparently, some of you guys may know of it.

next dates...

June 5-7
July 10-12
October 23-25

I grabbed about 10 figs from ep1 and potf Some carded that I needed to finish my collection and some loose for my Naboo scene I want to build. Also got one of the ep1 comtech readers moc for $15. Bty...if anyone here has some loose Naboo royal security, Naboo royal guards, yellow or red pilots for sale, please let me know.

Reaction score

JEDI_MERC said:
Went to the Galleria mall after work today and saw that show. It was small with about twenty vendors. Tons of autographed sports cards, pics, ufc signed posters and gloves. Only saw two vendors selling toys and such, but they had a good variety. Star Wars, Spawn, DC, Marvel, tons of comics and cards.

They have this show every few months apparently, some of you guys may know of it.

next dates...

June 5-7
July 10-12
October 23-25

I grabbed about 10 figs from ep1 and potf Some carded that I needed to finish my collection and some loose for my Naboo scene I want to build. Also got one of the ep1 comtech readers moc for $15. Bty...if anyone here has some loose Naboo royal security, Naboo royal guards, yellow or red pilots for sale, please let me know.

Just wanted to put up the link for the main sponsor of the show and dates and times
http://www.powerplaysportscards.com/shows.htm

Reaction score

is there still a meet tomorrow? I might get off my butt and show up.

Reaction score

Tusken_Raiders said:
I just got done reading the whole thread and all I can say is that guy is a tool. Cole Trickle or whatever the hell his name is just dug his own ditch with all his flamboyant and arrogant comments. What's even funnier is that for all his talk about being in "Fanboys" as producer and cameo his name isn't even in the IMDB.com credits. Hell, even the uncredited female actress are on there and he's not. LOL
Fanboys full credits

Status
Not open for further replies.