Large collection of MOC 12-backs, ESB31/47/48, vehicles and creature all unopened

Reaction score
I am very happy for you and how they are turning out, glad you went with AFA. They look great AND you will get top dollar with the AFA grading and there will be no question about who wants these.
Oh give it a rest about bloody AFA grades. You're coming across as a trouble maker just trying to stir up some anti-AFA sentiment. Anyone whose not blind can see that these are great looking carded figures. Yes the AFA grading will no doubt maximise the return and they look nice in the cases but it's sad people need someone else to tell them how nice something is or that a label and numbers mean so much more than the actual carded figure.

Reaction score
Oh give it a rest about bloody AFA grades. You're coming across as a trouble maker just trying to stir up some anti-AFA sentiment. Anyone whose not blind can see that these are great looking carded figures. Yes the AFA grading will no doubt maximise the return and they look nice in the cases but it's sad people need someone else to tell them how nice something is or that a label and numbers mean so much more than the actual carded figure.
ummmm I am entitled to my opinion, I have a right to say that, dont understand why you would get aggressive, if you dont like AFA, then take that up with them.

Reaction score
ummmm I am entitled to my opinion, I have a right to say that, dont understand why you would get aggressive, if you dont like AFA, then take that up with them.
I'm actually fairly neutral on AFA. I'm certainly not an AFA hater. I've even sent a few pieces to AFA myself in the past. But you are banging the AFA drum so hard and so frequently that it's fairly obvious to everyone that you are just trying to stir up trouble. I even appreciate that AFA grading will maximise value but it's mainly because of ignorant people like you that collect by numbers and shiny labels rather than being able to judge for yourself how nice something is.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion but you are ramming it down everyone's throat at every opportunity you get and its getting on people's nerves - which I'm sure is your aim.

Just from this thread alone:

people want AFA and they will snatch it up faster with AFA on it.

Grade everything thats still on the card, even yellow bubbles. Again, people want stuff even if its yellow, they want the AFA label.

Even if you get a Q grade, you will still command stop dollar and the public will snatch it up.

Again, grade everything.
And some more:

Just wanted to congratulate you on the high scores... great job. You will command top dollar and glad to see again, that you chose to get them graded via AFA.
And this is hilarious:

I dunno but to me, my opinion is having the AFA grade on them gives them that final sparkle in the case. Congrats on getting them graded
And some more for good measure.

glad you went with AFA. They look great AND you will get top dollar with the AFA grading
Eurgh I've had enough!

Reaction score
I said nothing that stirs anti-AFA feelings. Why you are being judgmental is beyond me. I could see if i said " yea it would be better to U grade all those MOCs" or "if you dont have AFA, your items mean nothing." But I said nothing inflammatory nor did I put anyone down and never have.

To me, you are being judgmental and want to dampen my personal enthusiasm and zest for AFA graded products. I mean really,, being happy for someone who received nice grades on their MOCs and you get offended? ...like wow lol...

Reaction score
You lay it on pretty thick and I think most people realise your motive is less about enthusiasm for AFA and more about being a trouble making stirrer.

Going on about the AFA grade on them giving them that final sparkle in the case is the biggest load of ******** I've ever heard.

Reaction score
OK, we're way off topic here.

Good Luck UseTheForkLuke, the pictures look amazing. I also second, the idea of trying to sell at least some of them here first. Someone more knowledgeable about ebay fees could explain the hidden costs of selling on ebay vs selling here directly where there's no fee (or buyer pays the fee). Plus I am interested in a few things ;)

Reaction score
To me, you are being judgmental and want to dampen my personal enthusiasm and zest for AFA graded products. I mean really,, being happy for someone who received nice grades on their MOCs and you get offended? ...like wow lol...
Hahahahaha..."Dampen my personal enthusiasm and zest for AFA graded products" is pure gold.

The comment about "final sparkle in the case" is hilarious too. Thanks for the laughs.

Nice MOCs by the way

Last edited:
Reaction score
OK, we're way off topic here.

Good Luck UseTheForkLuke, the pictures look amazing. I also second, the idea of trying to sell at least some of them here first. Someone more knowledgeable about ebay fees could explain the hidden costs of selling on ebay vs selling here directly where there's no fee (or buyer pays the fee). Plus I am interested in a few things ;)
I agree, it got off topic and my apologies to the OP. I am, however, NOT sorry for having great passion and enthusiasm for AFA graded items. If you wish to be judgmental because I happen to have a zeal, zest, and great enthusiasm for the nice grades someone gets on their AFA items thats fine by me. Nothing will dampen my enjoyment of the hobby which includes AFA grading. B)

Reaction score
I agree, it got off topic and my apologies to the OP. I am, however, NOT sorry for having great passion and enthusiasm for AFA graded items. If you wish to be judgmental because I happen to have a zeal, zest, and great enthusiasm for the nice grades someone gets on their AFA items thats fine by me. Nothing will dampen my enjoyment of the hobby which includes AFA grading. B)
Do you have a wife or won't the afa allow it?

Reaction score
Added grades for some of the large figures

Large figures
Leia 12" (SW) AFA 85 (B=85, F=85, C=80)
Luke 12"(SW)AFA 85 (B=85, F=85, C=85)
Chewie 15"(SW) AFA 85 (B=85, F=85, C=80)

MOC

Reaction score
WTB AFA 85's

Hi,

Nice Collection.

I'd be very interested in your Vader if it's still available?

Reaction score
Sorry no updates from me in a while. The Vader 15" was damaged in ship by Fedex and I have been dealing with them denying the claim. Looks like vader's face punctured the plastic bubble. I will post a picture here once I've resolved things with them.

Reaction score
I'll also admit to being a shark as that is my profile pic.
Looking forward to seeing these on Feebay.

Reaction score
Hi,

Well I spent an entire day off boxing up most of the remaining ungraded items and shipped them in to AFA. They are beginning to come back now. The first set, the more valuable pieces, came back today. Some more will be coming in later next week, and I think another batch after that. I've updated my first post with the grades for these newest items, but here they are in summary

Small figures
Chewbacca (SW12A) - AFA 75 (B=75, F=85, C=80)
Death Squad Commander (SW12A) - AFA 85 (B=85, F=85, C=80)
Luke (SW12A) - AFA 85 (B=85, F=85, C=80)

Vehicles
Landspeeder (SW) AFA 85
Tie fighter (POTF) AFA 80
X-wing (SW) AFA 75

I will try to post pictures of these soon.Again, apologies how long this is taking. I hadn't really known how much I was biting off when I decided to take this on. My plan is to first list them all (individually) on eBay fixed price, and then figure out strategy for auctions or whatever.

John

Reaction score
Hey, all. I'm back. Crap, I lost track of time. I'd thought it had been only two ears since I was here. Then I realized my youngest, who is now 4, was only a few months old. eBay got me out of my hole with a promo for half off of selling fees. I've started creating listings, but I am paranoid about auctioning and then they don't sell for their value because of some screw-up I do.

Reaction score
I'd recommend posting them here, at prices you'd be happy with ( at least there isn't any fees to be paid here unlike ebay). There is the 3% Paypal fee, maybe you'd be willing to eat that per sale , or you split that with the buyer. After 1-2 months, what ever doesn't sell , then send it to ebay piece by piece. Don't over load yourself, maybe just 3-4 pieces per weekend list. Sept-Oct. is a good time to sell on ebay ( values tend to be down in Summer and Winter, in general).

Reaction score
You would do well on here with the pieces that you have mentioned in the past. If you decide to go ebay, it is tough to get high end items moved at this time of the year. However, it all depends on the time frame that you want to sit on items.

Best of luck with whatever you do

Reaction score
(I need to figure out why I am not seeing or getting notifications)

My preference, to be honest, would be to sell here. My hesitancy is based on:
  • Not fully familiar with the guidelines as to what is appropriate way to sell/promote
  • Worry about getting a fair price. With so many items it is daunting to do the research, particularly for the rarer items
  • Making sure both me and the buyer are protected in the transaction. What is the best way to do it?
  • I've got a good feedback score on eBay, Discogs, etc.
My ideal world would be someone buys the lot at a fair price and picks them up in person so I don't need to pack. Back when I first posted here, I met up with a well-known collector up here in Seattle. He was interested in a few items, but that was before I had had anything graded, and I thought that some of the items would be better graded than he expected.

Anyways, I spent part of the holiday weekend taking more pictures so I can start posting them here and at eBay. Below I have albums linked for the items I've shot so far.

Darth Vader (SW12A) unpunched - AFA 85 (B=85, F=85, C=85) $3800
Leia (SW12A) unpunched SKU footer - AFA 85 (B=90, F=85, C=85)
Ben (SW12A) SKU footer - AFA 85 (B=85, F=85, C=80) $5200
C3PO (SW12A) - AFA 80 (B=75, F=85, C=80)
Chewbacca (SW12A) - AFA 75 (B=75, F=85, C=80)
Death Squad Commander (SW12A) - AFA 85 (B=85, F=85, C=80)
Han Solo small head (SW12A) - AFA 80 (B=75, F=85, C=80)
Jawa (SW12C) - AFA 80 (B=80, F=90, C=80) $925
Luke (SW12A) - AFA 85 (B=85, F=85, C=80)
R2D2 (SW12A) - AFA 40 (B=40, F=85, C=85)
Sand People (SW12) - AFA 80 (B=85, F=85, C=80) $900
Stormtrooper (SW12C)
Snaggletooth (SW20F) - AFA 75 (B=75, F=80, C=80)
4-LOM (ESB-48C) unpunched - AFA 85 (B=85, F=80, C=85)
Bespin Guard (white) (ESB-31A) unpunched AFA 80 (80/85/85)
C3PO (ESB-47) unpunched AFA 80 (80/80/85)
Dengar (ESB-41a) unpunched AFA 80 (80/80/85)
Imperial Stormtrooper (ESB-31A) unpunched AFA85 (80/85/85)
FX-7 (ESB-31A) AFA 80 (85/80/85)
Han (hoth) (ESB-31A) unpunched AFA 80 (80/80/80)
IG-88 (ESB-32A) unpunched AFA 75 (75/85/85)
Lando (ESB-31B) unpunched
Leia (bespin) (ESB-31) unpunched - AFA 85 (B=90, F=85, C=85)
Lobot (ESB-41A) AFA80 (80/85/85)
Luke Bespin (ESB-31) unpunched - AFA 85 (B=85, F=80, C=85)
R2D2 (ESB-47) unpunched
Rebel Soldier (Hoth) (ESB-31) unpunched AFA 80 (75/80/80)
Yoda (ESB-32 b) AFA 80Y (80/80/85)
Emperor (ROTJ mail away) with box addressed to me

Large figures
Leia 12" (SW) AFA 85 (B=85, F=85, C=80)
Luke 12"(SW)AFA 85 (B=85, F=85, C=85)
Vader 15"(SW)
Chewie 15"(SW) AFA 85 (B=85, F=85, C=80)

Creatures
Patrol dewback (SW) AFA 80
Tauntaun (ESB ) AFA 85
Wampa (ESB )

Vehicles
Darth Vader tie fighter (SW) AFA 80
Landspeeder (SW) AFA 85
Tie fighter (POTF) AFA 80
X-wing (SW) AFA 75
Speeder Bike AFA 85

Weapons
Laser Pistol AFA 80

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am starting to add prices above. Unfortunately, I can't find reference prices on eBay for many/most of them (at least the 78/79 ones)