Large Chips collection lost in post.

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Firstly mods, this isn't SW but I thought I'd get more views here.

Just wanted to put this out there. I had a huge purchase of vintage Chips toys shipped to me a while ago now but they never arrived. There were carded mego figures, motorbikes,playsets and other items still mint in the box. I had a friend in Canada hold them for me for a while so I could get postage sorted. Fast forward a year and still no sign.

Just wanted to ask if anyone is offered any vintage C.h.i.p.s items or collections to let me know.

Thanks

Lee

Reaction score
Bumping this up, still no sign :(

I haven't been active on the forum for a long time purely because I have had a huge vintage C.h.i p.s collection go missing / be stolen in the post and it has left me very bitter and pretty much done with collecting. It is so hard to take and has completely knocked me for six. Basically,I bought the collection from USA using a friend as the middle nan as he is in Canada. The collection was received by him and he said he mailed it out to me but he had lost the proof of postage. Granted, the parcel had been in his possession for around a year or so as he was holding onto it as a favour as I moved house recently. My friend said he posted it last October 2018 but as it's still not here somethings obviously happened.

Reward for anyone who has any info.

Reaction score
Was the package sent using tracking or any confirmation whatsoever?
I am pretty skeptical that a package 'could' just go missing through the post. Granted it does happen, but sounds pretty suspicious nonetheless.
Having lost the proof of postage sounds unusual too. Even with it lost, the proof of postage payment should be possible to produce. Maybe the post office is able to work from that to identify a tracking number of some sorts and hopefully the whereabouts of the package.

Wish you all the luck with this one. Sounds like a real mess.