Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard) (ROTJ) - Archive Line

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard) (ROTJ) - Pipeline Reveal from the Fan First Wednesday Livestream 09.08.21. Archive Line 2022.

Black-Series-Lando-Calrissian-Skiff-Guard-ROTJ-Archive-Pipeline-Reveal.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
This guy is a great figure but he pegwarmed like crazy in my area. In fact I only picked him up cause he was $9.99 at Walgreens.

Reaction score
I see the thinking behind adding some of the few Jabba's Palace figures into the Archive line...but, yeah, this seemed like a figure that was pretty readily available. But wouldn't be surprised if there were a run on him when the Rancor hype kicks in.

Reaction score
Interesting choice, this one.

Along with Dengar, is this the first time we're seeing figures that originally came with face printing in the Archive line?

Archive has always pretty transparently pulled double duty - sure, it makes older figures that had got genuinely hard to find like Cody available again, but it also quite obviously was a way of re-releasing pre-printing figures with face prints to bring them a bit more in line with the current standard.

This feels to me like the first time we've had a figure that isn't really either. Even if Skiff Lando is a bit hard to find these days, is he really all that in demand?

Seems odd that we're getting him and not an older figure that needs a face reprint, like Slave Leia (yeah, yeah, I know), or Krennic or Old Ben.

What I find especially interesting is that there's a large number of sequel trilogy figures released prior to face printing, and yet we've not had a single one show up in the Archive line. Still no face printed version of Poe or Finn out there at all. Almost like ST figures don't sell.....

Reaction score
Yes Dook, that would be correct I think. Both Dengar and skiff Lando had the improved face printing when released in the red and black boxes. I'm kind of surprised they haven't announced a refresh of Krennic along side the other R1 figures that are due soon, oddly enough though I have had two and the skin tone on the one I have on the shelf is better than the one I first purchased long ago.

As for old man Ben, he cant be far off as we had the Kenner inspired version on the 40th anniversary card back with the improved face paint, and now he is popping up in the cantina set. I do hope I don't have to buy the set just to get a sort of decent Obi....... Prime archive material or maybe power of the force card back? Might be why the held off on releasing him.

Last edited: