Lando Calrissian - Skiff Guard Disguise (Retro)

GNT

Reaction score
Since a few people have asked, here's the thread to discuss the upcoming Retro "Lando Calrissian - Skiff Guard Disguise" figure from Return of The Jedi. No pictures of the figure just yet.

Will you be purchasing this retro figure?

Reaction score
I once that we’re getting guys with removable helmets. Let’s keep that up!

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard).

On shelf Summer 2023. MSRP is $11.99. Available for pre-order Wednesday, October 19th at 1pm ET at most major retailers.

Press Release

Lando Calrissian changed from a schemer to a leader. When his old friend Han was held captive by Jabba the Hutt, Lando joined Princess Leia in a mission to rescue him. Inspired by the original 1970s Kenner STAR WARS action figures, this STAR WARS: RETRO COLLECTION 3.75-INCH LANDO CALRISSIAN (SKIFF GUARD) figure is inspired by the character’s appearance in STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI in honor of the film’s 40th anniversary. Fans and collectors can display this figure, with multiple points of articulation, in their action figure and vehicle collection. Includes figure and 2 entertainment-inspired accessories.

Press Images

Retro-Lando-Calrissian-Skiff-Guard-ROTJ-Carded-Resized.jpg
Retro-Lando-Calrissian-Skiff-Guard-ROTJ-Loose-1-Resized.jpg

Retro-Lando-Calrissian-Skiff-Guard-ROTJ-Loose-2-Resized.jpg
Retro-Lando-Calrissian-Skiff-Guard-ROTJ-Loose-3-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
Retro-Lando-Calrissian-Skiff-Guard-ROTJ-Carded.jpg

Retro-Lando-Calrissian-Skiff-Guard-ROTJ-Loose-3.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks great carded. Not a hard to find figure in nice shape anyway (I actually just picked one up for $5 sans accessories) but that shiney new plastic and paint sure looks fantastic.

Reaction score
This was the slot for a never released figure from the original ROTJ original line... Wasted opportunity / Hasbro have no clue or hate making profits.

This Lando will peg warm well into 2024...

Reaction score
I fear you’re right. Lando has been a bit over-represented on retail pegs.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Pre-Order Links

Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard) @ Gamestop

Last edited:
Reaction score
This figure is a great pick as far as I am concerned. Removable Helmet!! Enough said.

Reaction score
Was always among my favorite of the vintage figures. It's just a COOL design. However, I think this was a misplaced selection. IMO the Reto line choices should most represent the "NEW" that was introduced in the film. Think of it as key NEW roles, key UPDATED roles, or roles integral to key events. In the case of ROTJ, Jabba's Palace, Sarlacc Battle, Speeder Bike Chase, Battle of Endor (land and space), and the DSII duel are the featured set pieces. Jedi Luke makes sense to me, he's gone through significant growth. Leia Boussh makes sense to me, key character in a costume that reflects a key location in the movie - Jabba's Palace. Scout Trooper makes sense to me, newly introduced villain trooper featured in one key action sequence and in a key battle. Palpatine makes sense to me, integral new character. It's at Han and Lando that I hesitated. I suppose I GET it, but I think the Gamorrean Guard or Bib, Ackbar, or/but most especially Wicket would have been better choices. Ewoks not being represented at all is surprising considering they're new to the movie, make up a ton of screen time, and crucial. Wicket is the obvious choice, the "star" ewok. As characters go, Jabba makes the most sense to do in the sense of importance to represent the palace, duh, but considering his size...he's too large. So I think they should have done a palace alien to represent Jabba's Palace more, namely more featured ones like say Bib Fortuna or especially the Gamorrean. Then lastly, though I know it's supposed to be just six releases...but if none of the above, I'd have gone Ackbar as he's very memorable and represents the space battle.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I predict this one will be $4 on Amazon eventually, lol - really poor choice considering how readily available the Kenner release is. How about tossing us a gem like Amanaman, that's not easy to find? How do you celebrate ROTJ without aliens?

Reaction score
I predict this one will be $4 on Amazon eventually, lol - really poor choice considering how readily available the Kenner release is. How about tossing us a gem like Amanaman, that's not easy to find? How do you celebrate ROTJ without aliens?
Yeah wondering this too. If it doesn't come in an unopened case, may as well order for much cheaper from Amazon.

Reaction score
1) You can literally buy the first release, archive release and soon to be released 6" ROTJ cardback Skiff Guard Lando
2) What's hasbro thinking here?

Reaction score
I’d assume if people buy the other five, they’d buy Lando as well. Don’t fear Lando, he’s on our side.

Reaction score
This version of Lando also pegwarmed in TBS and TVC, as a matter of fact, I think most Lando figures have pegwarmed, so the chatter across the web is justifiable, when collectors are concerned with sales. Each OT figure that's a slow seller might indicate to Hasbro that interest is fading, which may lead to a continued concentration on new media for Retro.

Reaction score
I loved this figure as a kid, so I gladly purchased a few, but. I feel like I wanted something else instead in this slot.

Reaction score
Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard).

On shelf Summer 2023. MSRP is $11.99. Available for pre-order Wednesday, October 19th at 1pm ET at most major retailers.

Press Release

Lando Calrissian changed from a schemer to a leader. When his old friend Han was held captive by Jabba the Hutt, Lando joined Princess Leia in a mission to rescue him. Inspired by the original 1970s Kenner STAR WARS action figures, this STAR WARS: RETRO COLLECTION 3.75-INCH LANDO CALRISSIAN (SKIFF GUARD) figure is inspired by the character’s appearance in STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI in honor of the film’s 40th anniversary. Fans and collectors can display this figure, with multiple points of articulation, in their action figure and vehicle collection. Includes figure and 2 entertainment-inspired accessories.

Press Images

Retro-Lando-Calrissian-Skiff-Guard-ROTJ-Carded-Resized.jpg
Retro-Lando-Calrissian-Skiff-Guard-ROTJ-Loose-1-Resized.jpg

Retro-Lando-Calrissian-Skiff-Guard-ROTJ-Loose-2-Resized.jpg
Retro-Lando-Calrissian-Skiff-Guard-ROTJ-Loose-3-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
Retro-Lando-Calrissian-Skiff-Guard-ROTJ-Carded.jpg

Retro-Lando-Calrissian-Skiff-Guard-ROTJ-Loose-3.jpg
I would love to add this to my collection of SG Landos. I have an original from when I was a kid, and have added a couple more (loose ROTJ, VC: carded and loose , custom). I like it!😁

Last edited:
Reaction score
This Lando is almost certainly going to peg-warm if for no other reason than he's easy to find for a decent price. That said, if he does peg-warm it's a shame because he really is a great figure.

Reaction score
this guy brings back memories for me as he was my go-to Y-Wing Pilot during Christmas of 1984 as my grandparents bought me the Y-Wing and Lando Skiff guard for Christmas. have 2 of him on order

Reaction score
this guy brings back memories for me as he was my go-to Y-Wing Pilot during Christmas of 1984 as my grandparents bought me the Y-Wing and Lando Skiff guard for Christmas. have 2 of him on order
That's excellent DA. If I remember correctly, I got this for Christmas '84 too. I think I also received the Max Rebo Band set and the desert skiff mini-rig that Christmas.