Lando Calrissian In Smuggler Outfit - #39

Reaction score
Re: Lando Calrissian

The Smuggler outfit seen in TESB on Lando was most likely Han's outfit from ANH with the shirt simply buttoned all the way up (just as it looked in the Yavin Ceremony). I kind of wish Hasbro wouldn't have used Lando's billowy shirt and bell bottomed pants from TESB (it's clear Lando's shirt was tight fitting at the end of ESB). But that's why I plan on customizing this figure when it comes out to make it more screen accurate.

Reaction score

MandoadMerc said:
I'm going to get it, but why didn't they just use a VOTC Han's torso and arms and give him black hands? It doesn't make sense...
Because VOTC Han has an entirely different shirt than this Lando. Hs forearms and chest are exposed and there's no collar on the VOTC Han. And Lando wasn't as bony as Han was in ANH.

Reaction score

MisterKenobi said:
MandoadMerc said:
I'm going to get it, but why didn't they just use a VOTC Han's torso and arms and give him black hands? It doesn't make sense...
Because VOTC Han has an entirely different shirt than this Lando. Hs forearms and chest are exposed and there's no collar on the VOTC Han. And Lando wasn't as bony as Han was in ANH.
Hmmm, I guess that makes sense... still I'd rather have the balljointed arms and be slightly inaccurate than swivel.

Reaction score

me thinks i would have liked it more with a votc han body except for hands and face of course. that being said i will still buy him. i need a lando smooooooooooth

Reaction score

Ok looking figure, but I rank it right up there with Holo Luke, Dagobah Vader, and Death Star Escape Han as totally uneccessary.

Reaction score

I'm gonna pass. as much as I'd like a good Lando (which I don't think this is, anyway) I just can't ignore those stupid swivel elbows.

Reaction score

FORUM SNEAK PPREVIEW!

The new Lando Calrissian (Smuggler Outfit) figure is now added to our Photo Archive:

This will post later today on the front page, but forum members get a sneak peek!

Reaction score

Mr Curto said:
This will post later today on the front page, but forum members get a sneak peek!
The benefits never end!

Despite the fact that this figure is kind of boring, I really like it. Maybe it's just a case of Lando Withdrawl.

Reaction score

Gah, must....own...curse you, Hasbro!

Between this, General McQuarrie, Clone Trooper in Training Gear, and Baron Fel, I think H to the Bro (as someone else on here put it, can't remember who) has got me hooked for the remainder of the year.

Reaction score

Don't forget, the torso's ALSO VOTC... just retooled for a new collar & vest

Reaction score

Wow. Looking at them side-by-side, I didn't realize how cheap Hasbro went with this figure.

Also, the "winning smile" on the head sculpt comes across as "serial killer."

Reaction score

What's even lame is that his sleeves (actually, the shirt overall) isn't even screen accurate (the card artwork is accurate, however). I plan on swapping them with the VTSC Han's arms and I will probably swap the legs as well (I don't think he looks "right" with the bell-bottomed pants in this outfit).

Sev

Reaction score

I like this figure for some reason. I needed a Lando and this one looked good so I bought one from Amazon. Thanks for adding it to the archives Curto!

Reaction score

Sev said:
I like this figure for some reason. I needed a Lando and this one looked good so I bought one from Amazon. Thanks for adding it to the archives Curto!
So you got the last on sev? I got the second to last.

Reaction score

Yep, good figure apart from the fact he looks like SATAN!!!! Look at that rapist leer and upturned stare!

Seriously what the hell is going on with face sculpts these days?? Aren't they supposed to improve with time? So why am I now going to be using a POTF2 head to swap for this one??

Reaction score

I like this figure but I never thought I'd see him before Ceremonial Han. This really puts pressure for them to do a Ceremonial Han now, hopefully by next year.

Reaction score

M_Kunst said:
I like this figure but I never thought I'd see him before Ceremonial Han. This really puts pressure for them to do a Ceremonial Han now, hopefully by next year.
I dunno, I get a chilling feeling that they're re-using this torso.

Reaction score

darthbr3tt said:
What's even lame is that his sleeves (actually, the shirt overall) isn't even screen accurate (the card artwork is accurate, however). I plan on swapping them with the VTSC Han's arms and I will probably swap the legs as well (I don't think he looks "right" with the bell-bottomed pants in this outfit).
<font color="blue"> I was under the impression the Card art for this figure was a modified picture of han solo, with lando's features photoshoped on to it. So the sleeves would be like hans cause they are his.

As for "movie accuracy" I dunno, Could be, might not be, i'm sure someone would check for accuracy via freeze frame.

But I kinda like the sleeves cause it gives the figure more individuality, It's obviously very han esque but it's got "lando" flavor.
</font>

Reaction score

Well, you are right about the art based on Han's arms. But go watch the end of TESB when you have time and you will notice that Lando is wearing Han's shirt (or one just like it), he does not have a puffy shirt with billowy sleeves at all.

GNT

Reaction score
Man those pictures makes him look like his in a trance. Not the best looking figure for a figure fans have asked for from time to time.

Reaction score
GNT said:
Man those pictures makes him look like his in a trance. Not the best looking figure for a figure fans have asked for from time to time.
He's not the only one. Nearly all the Jedi Lukes I've seen are painted the same way. Can't wait to see them side-by-side.

Reaction score
Re: Lando Calrissian - Wave 6

i like this figure, his heads a little big, and his legs look a little wobbly, he just needs a can of colt 45...

seriously though, the swivel elbows leave his posability somewhat limited, but overall a good addition to the shelf.

Reaction score

Been waiting a looooong time for this version of Lando to get a figure and I'm just satified with the results. Maybe it's not perfect or really impressive but its 27 years overdue, I'm happy.

Reaction score

Got this today and he's great.
Looks much better in person and I'm fine with his articulation. I have him posed like the pic on the back of the card and he looks too cool. I think people will be suprised with this one, he's another great addition to the TAC.

Reaction score

JediMisfit138 said:
Got this today and he's great.
Looks much better in person and I'm fine with his articulation. I have him posed like the pic on the back of the card and he looks too cool. I think people will be suprised with this one, he's another great addition to the TAC.
Great to hear. Considering this is a very minor retool, I am pretty pumped to get this one. My order should arrive Monday!!!

Reaction score

Cool, hope you like him! It's a fun figure and it's really cool to see him get made in that outfit after all this time. Plus it's Lando. You gotta love Lando.

Reaction score

Here is an example of a paint job on the head done right and wrong. What the heck happened to the paint job on Smuggler Lando?

Look at the back of the card, then compare to what you get. It should say: Warning! Actual products may be fuglier than originally planned.

Some of you still feel the Vintage line had no difference in quality?

Reaction score

Hmmm....I don't know, looks like the only thing wrong w/ the paint apps there is the eyes. Looks like he's going thru an exorcism. That's easy enough to fix w/ a fine point permanent ink pen. I've fixed the pupils on several figs over the years using this technique. I actually think the overall head sculpt looks better than the VOTC one. The nose is wider, which it should be. The VOTC Lando looks more like he's from the middle east, heh.

Reaction score

But he does make a good point about how a paint app can screw up an otherwise good sculpt - I've heard that about several Padme variants over the years where people claim the sculpt looks nothing like her, when in reality, it was actually the paint job.

'78

Reaction score

The POTJ Bespin Lando had the best headsculpt, I certainly wouldn't hold the Tumour necked VOTC figure up as the definitive one. The POTF2 one is better than the latest one.

Reaction score

Yeah, the POTJ version did look a lot more like Billy Dee, albeit a cartoon-ized version of him. I like that version a lot.

Reaction score

EmperorPalpitate said:
Yeah, the POTJ version did look a lot more like Billy Dee, albeit a cartoon-ized version of him. I like that version a lot.
The skiff version look pretty darn good to - the head sculpt on this looks ok, but the eyes and teeth are kinda wonky!

Reaction score

I think the POTJ was the closest they've come to getting the hair right. Lando didn't have a mullet.
Of course, I'm still a fan of the vintage "Sammy Davis Jr." face.

Reaction score

CommandoScorch said:
This figure isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. The only thing I would change is the elbows.
I agree. It's not that I'm totally opposed to swivel elbows, it's just that these ones aren't engineered that well.