Lando Calrissian (Bespin) - #***

GNT

Reaction score
Hasbro will be releasing Lando Calrissian in his Bespin clothes from ESB in the Vintage Collection.

Who will be picking up this figure?

Reaction score
Does it come with a Lobot?
Lobot isn't an accessory so no.

While I've wanted an updated Bespin Lando for many years, mainly the arms, I can't say I'm too excited to get an all new one because it will suffer the same mid torso joint as the rest. And I've never liked that look, it was the main reason never bought DC Mattel figures due to that odd glaring looking torso. I once said that if they ever go the full G.I. Joe route with Star Wars for I'd stop buying and it appears as though it's come time for that. The aesthetic difference between the new figures compared to ones released only 5-8 years ago is glaring.

Reaction score
If it's all new I doubt he'd wind up at Walmart though, right? I honestly wouldn't mind if they just gave the older figure new arms and head, the rest of the body was perfectly fine. Might also save tooling cost for a figure of an actual new character.

Reaction score
Lando and ig-11 have been updated in yakface's rumor page for the mainline Oct tvc wave along w/ kuiil and ROTJ Palpatine. Teebo rumor started w/ rumor for lando last week, but lando got "coinfirmed" today. The next " pipeline" tvc reveal likely will include palp, kuiil and/or teebo. New arms and head sculpt, I agree is all lando really needs. Maybe a new cape.

Reaction score
I'll be getting this figure.......for one, it should be all new....so, that's cool, and two, the VOTC one from way back when has yellowed something terrible on the torso...and now, it's a weird greenish color...which is really aggravating. More than pissed they didn't have more pipeline reveals for later this year......Hasbro can do better.

Reaction score
A new ESB Lando is loooooong overdue! Hopefully this is a new sculpt with a removable cape. The VOTC Lando was pretty terrible, even at its time of release, that the POTJ Lando remained my go-to version (great portrait but unfortunately pre-posed--I'm ready to retire that one!).

Reaction score
I'll be getting this figure.......for one, it should be all new....so, that's cool, and two, the VOTC one from way back when has yellowed something terrible on the torso...and now, it's a weird greenish color...which is really aggravating. More than pissed they didn't have more pipeline reveals for later this year......Hasbro can do better.
My VOTC also yellowed! Whatever they do, I hope Hasbro uses a plastic material that is less likely to change colors over time. That Lando used to be one of my favorite figures!

Reaction score
Hasbro will be releasing Lando Calrissian in his Bespin clothes from ESB in the Vintage Collection.

Who will be picking up this figure?
Yes, one Lando for me, please. This release gives me hope that Hasbro will "eventually" release those previous "vintage series" figures in the TVC line proper.

GNT

Reaction score
I have high hopes for this one. If Hasbro can retool the older sculpt with modern detailing and articulation as well as a nice cape we’ll have a winner.

Reaction score
It’s as long an overdue upgrade as we’ve experienced. The Black Series version is really beautiful; I hope they give us an equal sculpt. I’ll definitely buy this one.

Reaction score
I know people would balk at the idea, but they could always tool up an older Lando head an put it on TVC139 Lando body from SOLO. Add a few extra accessories like longer cape and cane harness and it's done.

Or they just take another cheap route and possibly more accurate, repaint the rumored new Bespin Lando in yellow and add the appropriate items for TROS version. TBH we don't really need a brand new sculpt when there are more unique looking characters that could utilize the budget more. IMO

Reaction score
Not the most exciting figure, but a definite must given how outdated the VOTC is. We need a Lando that looks good with the Bespin environments, and VOTC is not the best likeness and has bad articulation (and a yellowed torso). And the POTJ one suffers from a pre-posed sculpt. So I am definitely looking forward to this one.

Reaction score
Yeah, the torso becoming discolored is super-annoying. If they reused the lower half, I'd be fine with that, ....but new ball-jointed forearms, better cape, a new headsculpt, and non-discoloring torso are musts. If they can do those things I'd be down for four or five.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Personally, I hope this is an all-new sculpt in the 3 3/4" realm. Perhaps using a lot of elements from the 6" figure, but with a retooled torso. The pecs / ripcage articulation is an eyesore and shouldn't be used on 90% of figures. Going for a ball-jointed beltline (like on most SA Jedi figures) is the way to go here.

Reaction score
Balljointed waists are a great compromise between useless swivel waists and ugly midtorso joints, it's a shame they aren't used more often.

I'm really hoping this'll be more like ROTJ Boba Fett than Bespin Leia. I know Hasbro reuses parts whenever possible, but as a result most recent OT releases have been disappointing next to TROS/Mando/Rogue One/TCW.

Reaction score
If you're referring to Bespin Luke when referencing balljoint waist then I'll agree that it looks much better than the current mid torso joint, I just prefer the old swivel style because it's the most aesthetically pleasing. Plus it's easier to dismantle.

Reaction score
I used to get into arguments about Lando here, thinking that he got TOO MUCH love sometimes! I guess I was thinking he just has so many incarnations and outfits. But he’s essentially a main character, so why not?! I guess I was wanting more totally new characters, like background aliens. But I’ve changed my tune. Now I don’t care what they release, as long as it’s a pretty update.

The ESB Lando definitely needs an update! Even at my most surly, surely I wouldn’t have argued against this figure!

Reaction score
I used to get into arguments about Lando here, thinking that he got TOO MUCH love sometimes! I guess I was thinking he just has so many incarnations and outfits. But he’s essentially a main character, so why not?! I guess I was wanting more totally new characters, like background aliens. But I’ve changed my tune. Now I don’t care what they release, as long as it’s a pretty update.

The ESB Lando definitely needs an update! Even at my most surly, surely I wouldn’t have argued against this figure!
I think the perception of "Lando Love" comes from the fact that he really only has 3 outfits (Bespin, Skiff Guard, and General), and we've seen General Lando re-released TO DEATH in recent years. TVC, then Walmart Black Series, then TVC again - three releases of the same figure in less than 10 years. Skiff Lando was basically a re-release of Deleted Scene Lando, but at least corrected the height issue (although we lost the gun), and like General Lando, was a pegwarmer everywhere last year. So we're just used to always seeing Lando on the pegs.

Not sure how a new Bespin Lando will fare. I think we all agree he's long overdue, both for a new release and a new sculpt. I'd hate to see him pegwarm, but I'm guessing most people (like me) are in for at least 2 - one carded and one to break open and finally replace VOTC Lando (or POTJ Lando) in our displays. While I have VOTC Lando carded, that torso discoloration is a deal-breaker and I'll gladly spend the $12 to replace it.

"Rummage through Han's Footlocker" Lando only had 10 seconds of screen time, so I'm good with the TAC release.

Reaction score
I'm always slightly disappointed to see a TVC slot going to a figure/cardback that was already previously released.
It's been 17 years since they released a new Bespin Lando on a vintage cardback. I don't mind them making a fresh one especially when I never saw that one at retail.

I'm excited to see this one

Reaction score
It's been 17 years since they released a new Bespin Lando on a vintage cardback. I don't mind them making a fresh one especially when I never saw that one at retail.

I'm excited to see this one

Never saw that one at retail??! That Lando figure won the pegwarming award of 2004! And besides, there's a ton of other characters we haven't seen on a vintage card, period!