Lando Calrissian (Bespin) - #VC205

Reaction score
I agree with the face, cape, and shoes. But dang, I do not like those elbows.

STAR%20WARS%20THE%20VINTAGE%20COLLECTION%203.75-INCH%20LANDO%20CALRISSIAN%20Figure%20-%20oop%20(3).jpg

Reaction score
CCP is a long shot, but BSG a given to complete the 96.

I think CCP can work as a repack included with a Cloud Car reissue in a TVC box, even if it's a Pulse exclusive.
Nay I say!

I like Cloud Car Pilots, but their figures have all been a bit bad. They should do it properly this time. And with the proper colours, like the mini Cloud Car mini figure.

And ten ridges on the helmet. No more, no less. Certainly no more!

Oh, and don't scrimp on his gadgets either.

Okay I'm done now.

Reaction score
Hello, what have we here?

I have been waiting a loooooong time to replace my POTJ Bespin Lando (the last good looking version, in my opinion).

Looks better with Smuggler Lando head on it.

The head on this looks good, but he don't look happy. He looks more robot than happy. Which is a bit of a shame for Lando, casual smooth dude that he is.

Reaction score
Hey, he’s got his own problems. Sometimes he needs to look mad!

(Tulgah goes on to head-swap Lando every morning to establish the figure’s mood for the day)

Reaction score
If they really wanted to deck Bespin Lando out, he could come with 3 accessories. The E-11 he uses, the comm-link wrist band, which i guess could be molded onto his wrist/shirt and his microphone announcer that he announces the take over of Cloud City with, maybe even that little square panel he pulls it from the wall with.

Reaction score
Got him at Walmart today. I really like the sculpt. My struggle is the amount and placement of the articulation. I like well hidden articulation or less to keep nice aesthetic . Also, how flimsy it makes the figures feel.

Reaction score
I received ESB Lando and he may be the biggest surprise for me. I love it. Now, some have expressed concern that the abdomine is odd due to articulation, but it doesn't bug me. I love the soft goods.....the collar is a tad LARGE, but i'll probably trim it a tad. The head sculpt is fantastic, and I am impressed with the soft goods. Hasbro has definitely made huge improvements in regards to soft goods over the last recent years.

My score 4.5 COLT .45/5 COLT .45

Reaction score
Found him at Wal-Mart. Overall I'm very pleased with this one. The headsculpt and added arm articulation over the VOTC version of Lando are enough to warrant getting him, and the waist and legs aren't perfect but aren't that bad to me either. One small nitpick, his head seems to sit a little low and I'm thinking of modifying the double ball joint in his neck to have it sit a tad higher. Along with the most recent Boba, he's among my favorite VC releases for 2021.

Reaction score
My Walmart seems to never get anything these days, but today I found three of these just sitting on the shelf. Grabbed one, happily canceled my pre-order that wouldn't have shipped until MAY.

Reaction score
Not sure how long it will last, but Dorkside currently has Non Mint Lando for $9.99. I placed an order for one, and a standard Emperor, as they have that listed as in stock now as well.

Reaction score
I just opened Lando tonight, he really is the sleeper win of the wave for me. I'm surprised just how much more awesome he is in hand compared to my initial reaction to his pics. I'm not super crazy about the cape, mostly the pleats seem to make it sit a little funny to me, but its a minor thing to me, cape's good enough in exchange for that awesome visage.

Reaction score
Everyone buy Lando!!!!!!!!!!!! He's such a good figure but pegwarming. Hasbro and their infinite wisdom of making him 3 per case. Geniuses.

When I see an all new sculpt pegwarming I'm terrified Hasbro's internal team is like, 'see, this is what we get for giving the fans' what they want!' and not make more.

For his cape, I took the stitches out and used a small amt of fabric tape to have it look more natural. Overall I'm thinking about buying another to cutomize a ESB version from the end of that movie.

Reaction score
Yeah that's a bummer when you see a figure pegwarm, but really you can't fault them for trying in an age where a store only gets one case and is wiped out by one person. Thus packing him 3 per case would make sense, honestly it would make sense for them all to be 3 per case for that reason alone. Problem is some stores get 3-5 cases thus compounding the problem of 3 per case in some areas to make it see he's the pegwarmer.

So not only Hasbro's fault but distribution issues once again, at least people are able to order this stuff online.

Reaction score
Surprisingly, I found two Landos (and nothing else) hanging in Target a couple days ago. I have a case coming from EE, so I left them. Cards were creased and bent, but was nice to finally see something new on the pegs.

The two I found were actually a good example of what can happen at the factory when no care is given to how the figures are crammed into the blister trays. The sample on the right has leg joints that are twisted and separating due to force, and a cape that's wadded up behind the figure. Sample on the left has the joints aligned properly and the cape folded neatly on both sides. Sadly, this is kind of the norm in TVC now. Makes finding good carded samples that much harder.

20211001_155528-1 (1).jpg

Reaction score
Not sure how long it will last, but Dorkside currently has Non Mint Lando for $9.99. I placed an order for one, and a standard Emperor, as they have that listed as in stock now as well.
Thanks for the heads up -- went in and grabbed non-mint Lando and a regular-priced Emperor and IG-11, cancelling my Amazon order for all of them that still says they're coming in February. Also rounded out the Retro Mando wave with some other Non-Mint discounts.

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up -- went in and grabbed non-mint Lando and a regular-priced Emperor and IG-11, cancelling my Amazon order for all of them that still says they're coming in February. Also rounded out the Retro Mando wave with some other Non-Mint discounts.
You're welcome!

Damn it! I wanted to add IG-11 to my order last night, but I swear he was still listed as preorder. Now I see he's showing in stock.

Reaction score
Thanks from me as well. I ordered one non-mint Lando, and it's on its way. I thought about ordering an Emperor, but I'm more worried about getting the one with the less-crazy face, so I passed for now.

D

Reaction score
In case this hasn't already been discussed, the new Lando's head sculpt and hands fit perfectly on the recently re-released General Lando. The only problem is the neck stump on General Lando is a completely different color, and will need a coat of paint. An easy enough fix, I think, and ultimately makes that costume definitive for me.

Reaction score
IMG_0993[1].JPG
I got my "non-mint" Lando in three days from Dorkside with their cheapest shipping, and he looks pretty good. Like others, I'm not in love with that line across his torso, and let's not even talk about his groin area, but in person it doesn't look too bad. In any case, thanks to Dorkside; the "non-mint" issue is just a crease at the top of the card that you can probably see there—that doesn't matter to me at all, because I'm an opener..

D

Reaction score
if anyone is needing the carded version, or any wave mate excpet teebo) PLEASE LMK i've got a few extras from EE case.. at cost plus shipping

Reaction score
Stopped at Target today to pick up something for my wife and found Lando (only VC figure present).

Amazing figure but the lack of rocker ankles kinda sucks. I was hoping for a bit more out of the torso articulation too (something similar to the range of motion we got in Greef)

Reaction score
I actually picked up a second one yesterday. Figured I need one for the carbon freeze chamber and one for additional cloud city dioramas. May get a third to swap out the head on the smuggler Lando figure from years ago. Doubt that figure will ever be revisited.