Lando Calrissian (Battlefront 2) - VC#238

Reaction score
This is the only new pre order that I just grabbed 1. It's cool looking, but can't keep ordering 3 of everything, needed 6 each of the other army builders

Reaction score
EFFFFFFFFF!!!!! I just finally remembered the name!!!! It's Donald. We're good now, guys, I got it. I told myself I wasn't gonna Google it and I wasn't gonna eat again it until I could get the name. Now? I'm gonna have Thai food (covered in Prevagen). This is as close to a genuine Dumb & Dumber moment as I've ever had, btw. Slippy...Swaammy......SSsssss ......Aaahhhh...Samsonite!!! See? I knew it started with an "S"!!!
Here's a good way to remember his name:
Bfvgb.jpg

Reaction score
He will make a good civilian custom, but background fodder isn’t high on my custom list right now.

Reaction score
I like this Lando mostly because it's another character from SOLO. And this look for Lando is meaningful because it's from the scene where Han Solo wins the Millennium Falcon from Lando during a game of sabacc. To which I say, bring on Numidian Prime Han Solo!!!!

Attachments

• HanSoloNumidianPrime.jpg
    HanSoloNumidianPrime.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 13
Reaction score
Speaking of, I'd be open for a holographic Maul. He appeared that way in the final Season of TCW and Solo, after all. Maybe release him with some switch-out limbs to cover both looks.

Reaction score
This was one of those weird wishlist items I never thought they release. But between the price, the non-solo card, and the abysmal shirt pattern printing, this is an unfortunate pass. Seriously, the shirt is embarrassing. It looks like a factory error.

Reaction score
Since it's a Fan Channel did it really take up a slot, I thought that wasn't the case for these types of releases?
And Hasbro releasing figure no one ever asked for has been a thing for ages now...

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Thats a horrible figure, easy to pass. Shame it took up a slot.
Since it's a Fan Channel did it really take up a slot, I thought that wasn't the case for these types of releases?
Not a slot in the mainline, but it could be argued that it took up a Gaming Greats slot that could have been used for something more people would want. I mean Lando in this outfit isn't something that screams video game character. If anything it's just a way to get what technically would be a mainline movie figure out without taking up a mainline slot.

Reaction score
^ and possibly to keep another Lando from potentially peg-warm at retail....just sad that it ends up that way and imho, Hasbro could've took a different approach and prevented Lando's peg-warming curse

Last edited:
Reaction score
I suppose you have a point there but I suspect this Lando was already in motion/planned before they were aware of such an issue with Bespin Lando, so likely no correlation. Now if that Lando had pegwarmed 2.5 years ago then maybe they would have had enough lead time to make such a change.

Not a slot in the mainline, but it could be argued that it took up a Gaming Greats slot that could have been used for something more people would want. I mean Lando in this outfit isn't something that screams video game character. If anything it's just a way to get what technically would be a mainline movie figure out without taking up a mainline slot.
Yeah I suppose but honestly speaking what figure do people think we might have gotten instead, another Stormtrooper/trooper repaint? At least this is a unique character with an alternate look so it's a breath of fresh air as far as gaming greats line goes even if I'm not interested in it. The question is why waste a GG slot when they could have just put "Solo" on the card and fill as lot for the movie, since it is a movie look first but was simply used as a game skin. In that aspect I think it's a cheap move. Problem is then people would complain that they would have preferred a differnt characters such as Dryden Vos in such a precious "Solo" slot and I wouldn't blame them. lol

When I see this figure and the detail it took for the shirt all I see is a wasted opportunity to get Jocasta Nu repainted as Atris, and that my friends is a figure/character I would definitely pay the $17 to get!

Reaction score
Well.....I'm a people, and I want this Lando....so......yes...
other people might want a trooper...and that's fair...and I'm probably not the majority of people...but....it's really about those white pants. They're almost as awesome as the character wearing them. And those shoes. Looks like Cousin Eddie gave Lando a gift.

Reaction score
The operative word in my statement being "more" people, not "any" people. I have a hard time believing that not only more people would want Lando, but that each of those people would buy multiples of him. The last several Landos in both scales have languished at retail, whereas troopers of any stripe tend to sell through.

I only pre-ordered one of these Landos (for completionist's sake), but bought multiples of the previous four GG figures (even the Battle Droid) and will likely do the same with the upcoming Stormtrooper Commander & Heavy Infantry Trooper.

Reaction score
The operative word in my statement being "more" people, not "any" people. I have a hard time believing that not only more people would want Lando, but that each of those people would buy multiples of him. The last several Landos in both scales have languished at retail, whereas troopers of any stripe tend to sell through.

I only pre-ordered one of these Landos (for completionist's sake), but bought multiples of the previous four GG figures (even the Battle Droid) and will likely do the same with the upcoming Stormtrooper Commander & Heavy Infantry Trooper.
I get that, I hear you.....& I totally agree, I even conceded that I'm not in the majority probably about even buying just one of this figure. And I completely agree about the situation regarding how overstocked everyone is with Bespin Lando and the Black Series General Lando, they're literally all I see in Target & Wal-Mart with maybe a small smattering of Kuiil 6" and one or two VC figures like an AT-ST Driver or ROTJ Emperor. Over the last month or two, occasional restocks of Bad Batch figures appear at one of three local Targets and they always disappear quickly, trooper types do move fast, no doubt about it. I'm willing to buy 2 or 3 Landos (of probably any release) but I'm certainly in the minority on that, not many people army build figures of this type.

Reaction score
Oh definitely. Like, I had no desire to own young Han and Lando in TVC, but Childish Gambino's tropical vacation outfit is one I want. I didn't preorder this one yet, since he isn't like, essential for my collection, but he's fun and I want one. I don't think he'll be too hard to get (famous last words I know).

Reaction score
Oh definitely. Like, I had no desire to own young Han and Lando in TVC, but Childish Gambino's tropical vacation outfit is one I want. I didn't preorder this one yet, since he isn't like, essential for my collection, but he's fun and I want one. I don't think he'll be too hard to get (famous last words I know).
Since I already have 5POA Glover!Lando in his yellow shirt, this takes priority over the yellow TVC version for me. It's just so ridiculous looking it becomes awesome.

Reaction score

It's definitely in some nebulous territory. It *LOOKS* like a new figure, but it didn't require any new tooling. But then they gave the figure a new softgoods cape.

I'm glad to see something from SOLO. The Battlefront II sourcing is a good nod to the game, but I think more people would recognize Lando in this incarnation from SOLO. And it's actually refreshing to get a Gaming Greats figure that isn't a trooper repaint. There's definitely some trooper fatigue going on with all of the repaints.

Reaction score
Well.....I'm a people, and I want this Lando....so......yes...
other people might want a trooper...and that's fair...and I'm probably not the majority of people...but....it's really about those white pants. They're almost as awesome as the character wearing them. And those shoes. Looks like Cousin Eddie gave Lando a gift.
Totally, those white disco pants are rocking! I'm not fond of the price tag buy I do love the design aesthetics and if it were a basic figure I'd have bout a couple,totally need one for a John Travolta head sculpt! Or the Bee Gees.

Reaction score
In-hand carded & loose images. Credit @bossksbounty. Confirmation that he is indeed VC238.

VC-Lando-Calrissian-BFII-Gaming-Greats-In-Hand-Carded-1.jpg

VC238-Lando-Calrissian-BFII-Gaming-Greats-Gaming-Greats-Cardback.jpg

VC-Lando-Calrissian-BFII-Gaming-Greats-In-Hand-Loose-1.jpg

VC-Lando-Calrissian-BFII-Gaming-Greats-In-Hand-Loose-2.jpg

VC-Lando-Calrissian-BFII-Gaming-Greats-In-Hand-Loose-3.jpg

VC-Lando-Calrissian-BFII-Gaming-Greats-In-Hand-Loose-4.jpg