Lando Calrissian (Battlefront 2) - VC#238

GNT

Reaction score
Hasbro have announced that we‘ll be seeing a Lando Calrissian figure from Battlefront 2 in the Vintage Collection.

Will you be purchasing this figure?

Attachments

• 40248FD2-CEE1-479E-A229-8BF1B4324E1D.jpeg
    40248FD2-CEE1-479E-A229-8BF1B4324E1D.jpeg
    858.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 8B8B2868-3AD7-4D65-8F52-971E9D7045C3.jpeg
    8B8B2868-3AD7-4D65-8F52-971E9D7045C3.jpeg
    642 KB · Views: 51
Reaction score
Glorious and tacky. Yeah. I'll get one, even if the pattern seems uh, incomplete.

Reaction score
yup, may be only tvc i'll order tomorrow, i may hold off on shea until next 2 g.g. are revealed to get free shipping at g.s. at that point. I'm wanting a 1 comic tbs tomorrow too, so lando/leia'll should me free shipping too

Reaction score
I love how they're just skirting around what we actually want for Gaming Greats: new sculpts for the game protagonists. This Lando is actually sourced from the final scene from Solo, but because the outfit also made an appearance in a game, they can fill a slot with an easy repaint, rather than actually giving us Cal Kestis, Iden Versio, anything from Squadrons or something from an older game.

Reaction score
I love how they're just skirting around what we actually want for Gaming Greats: new sculpts for the game protagonists. This Lando is actually sourced from the final scene from Solo, but because the outfit also made an appearance in a game, they can fill a slot with an easy repaint, rather than actually giving us Cal Kestis, Iden Versio, anything from Squadrons or something from an older game.
Cal, Iden, Vanguard and Titan Squadrons are certainly needed. A new Clone Commando mold for Delta Squad would also be appreciated. The lack of Squadrons figures is especially frustrating, all you need to make Keo is the Pilot Luke body with a new life support box, head, and helmet.

Reaction score
Love the figure but wish it was Solo branded. Very weird to me that they’ve determined that “gaming greats” appeals to more collectors, even as someone who plays the games

Reaction score
^ but who to repaint into Cal, since GG are repaints?
Well he should technically be all new and be in the main line but since you asked, and considering Hasbro's into kitbash/repaints they could totally reuse Cassian Andor as a base and sculpt a new head, arms and belt/skirt. The poncho would essentially cover up the inaccurate torso. That would also leave them enough budget to tool up BD-1 and include it. If they were to release in the GG line that is.

Reaction score
Love the figure but wish it was Solo branded. Very weird to me that they’ve determined that “gaming greats” appeals to more collectors, even as someone who plays the games
sadly, this may been done to circumvent the current retail pegwarming fate of Lando

Reaction score
Yep it was very dumb to triple pack him, esp soon after the ROTJ General version.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Repost from General Discussion.

Lando Calrissian Gaming Greats from Battlefront II. Uses digital deco for outfit (like TBS Holiday figures). Comes with soft goods cape. Code-named "Frost".

This is a Fan-Channel Exclusive. Available for pre-order April 7th at 1pm ET. On shelf Fall 2022. MSRP is $16.99.

Press Release

STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH scale classic figures and vehicles feature original vintage-inspired packaging and Kenner branding. This STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH GAMING GREATS LANDO CALRISSIAN Figure is inspired by the character in the STAR WARS video game. A sportsman seeking fortune at the sabacc tables, Lando had a reputation as a bit of a rogue, but he usually fights on the side of good in this battle across all three eras of the STAR WARS Galaxy, STAR WARS Battlefront II. Highly poseable with realistic detail, this 3.75-inch-scale figure can be displayed in action figure and vehicle collections. Includes figure and 3 accessories.

Press Images

VC-Lando-Calrissian-BFII-Gaming-Greats-Carded-Resized.jpg
VC-Lando-Calrissian-BFII-Gaming-Greats-Loose-1-Resized.jpg

VC-Lando-Calrissian-BFII-Gaming-Greats-Loose-2-Resized.jpg
VC-Lando-Calrissian-BFII-Gaming-Greats-Loose-3-Resized.jpg

VC-Lando-Calrissian-BFII-Gaming-Greats-Loose-4-Resized.jpg
VC-Lando-Calrissian-BFII-Gaming-Greats-Loose-5-Resized.jpg

VC-Lando-Calrissian-BFII-Gaming-Greats-Loose-6-Resized.jpg
VC-Lando-Calrissian-BFII-Gaming-Greats-Loose-7-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
VC-Lando-Calrissian-BFII-Gaming-Greats-Carded.jpg

VC-Lando-Calrissian-BFII-Gaming-Greats-Loose-2.jpg

Reaction score
16.99.... a tax for making a new lando a fc excl well, we'll still buy a new lando figure, albeit a repaint but. as hasbro would say.....
OIP (5).jpg

Reaction score
Gaming Greats was also intended as a repaint line with as little new parts as possible. Expectations have to be realistic about it.

I want new figures of video game characters as well, but that would be in the main line anyway.

So these aren't taking anything away. Gaming Greats is just marketing that sounds better than... Repaint Greats. Gaming Repaints. Great Repaints.

So for what it is, I actually like this figure a lot. Moreso than his other outfit from Solo.

Reaction score
Ouch, as neat looking as it is a repaint isn't worth $17 to me...

Although I'm sure this is one of those cases where it requires "multiple paint apps" to create that pattern on the shirt.

Reaction score
Wait for clearance - this original Lando sculpt went to Ollies for $4, so the same will probably happen here, since Lando is a known pegwarmer. Hardcore collectors might be into this type of repaint, but will casual fans and gamers buy them up?

Reaction score
Was this figure a pipeline reveal some time back. I can't remember. Any,I'm good for one.....its something different. I never played the game...soooooo, I'll have to make use of Lando in a night club or something.

Reaction score
I totally love that! And for those who may not be so enthused about this figure, I can understand your point of view. But for me? I am actually pretty jazzed to see this one coming. I love the character, both as portrayed by Julian Glover and Billy Dee Williams. And sure it's just a repaint of what we saw for Lando's Solo release. But the figure and card will be welcomed into my collection, I'll probably pick up a few for custom parts as well. I mean, look at that second picture....dude is just strolling along with a "the **** you lookin' at" demeanor. This figure has style, man.

Reaction score
I totally love that! And for those who may not be so enthused about this figure, I can understand your point of view. But for me? I am actually pretty jazzed to see this one coming. I love the character, both as portrayed by Julian Glover and Billy Dee Williams. And sure it's just a repaint of what we saw for Lando's Solo release. But the figure and card will be welcomed into my collection, I'll probably pick up a few for custom parts as well. I mean, look at that second picture....dude is just strolling along with a "the **** you lookin' at" demeanor. This figure has style, man.
1649310036614.png

Julian Glover as Lando?

Reaction score
Is this figure only available from Gamestop? I've never bought any of the "Gaming Greats."

Reaction score
Opted to pass on this preorder for now, I don't think he'll be too hard to get down the line.

Reaction score
I'm going to promise to screw up names more often cos this thread has gone full-on fun. This may be hard to believe, but...I realized last night I called him Julian and thought, "oh, S***....that's Veers and the bad guy in Crusade!!!" ......then I started trying to think of the correct name and actually thought, "It's Danny, g*******t, DANNY!" Then I realized that was wrong too, Danny's the guy in the Lethal Weapon movies alongside Braveheart. Finally I said to myself, awe, **** it, I don't remember the actor's name but it's "something" Glover....I think.....I never got up to come look it up and change it, but Crispin never occurred to me, though it's maybe the funniest. I've never been so proud of having been lazy and stupid guys, thank you.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Pre-Order Links

Best Buy
Gamestop

Last edited:
Reaction score
EFFFFFFFFF!!!!! I just finally remembered the name!!!! It's Donald. We're good now, guys, I got it. I told myself I wasn't gonna Google it and I wasn't gonna eat again it until I could get the name. Now? I'm gonna have Thai food (covered in Prevagen). This is as close to a genuine Dumb & Dumber moment as I've ever had, btw. Slippy...Swaammy......SSsssss ......Aaahhhh...Samsonite!!! See? I knew it started with an "S"!!!