Lanard Figures: Vintage to Present

Utinniii

Reaction score
We can discuss Lanard figures here.

They make good bucks for robed figures or customs that mostly use sculpting. I've used them to cast greeblies/accessories as well.

So far, my favorite line has been Rampage. I've used some of the soldiers to augment SW hit teams, the wrecked truck and containers for dioramas, and the 3 monsters are also great for Customizing SW beasts.

Lizzy makes a good Krayaat Dragon, with the smaller versions making mounts (or Vong Jedi eaters). I have at least 2 in both sizes.

George, a Gorax or that guy from Rebels,

Ralph, the Rebels giant wolves and the smaller a base for Vornskers. I also got 2 in both sizes.

Kong also makes for a good Gorax. Shockingly, I found one in Amazon Warhouse Sales for cheap and it even had the (damaged) outer box.

I'm not that familiar with Jamunji, but I expect either the Rhino or hippo would make a good base for The cousins of Hutts that make people worship them (with Watto arms).

Reaction score
I really liked the space CORPS figures from the late 80s, 90s. Lots of fun. Will have to dig up some photos.

Reaction score
I'd like them even more if any Walmarts around me were stocking them. It seems all the Jumanji stuff is peg/shelf warming.

Reaction score
The xenomorphs, Queen and APC look great. The humans not so much but what do you expect for the price point. Good fodder though. Better than nothing.

Utinniii

Reaction score
The humans are all repaints but I'd take the space suit guy. I wish one of them was female. I have multiples of most of them already and they do make good fodder.
If I saw these I'd get the face hugger and perhaps one more. If I saw them on sale, I'd get more and if I even see them on clearance (like the Rampage figures, I'd buy lots of them.

Reaction score
Posted this in the Misc Toys thread but wanted to post it here as well...

I finally saw the Aliens stuff at a couple of local Walmarts. I saw everything except for the Power Loader set. I only picked up the set with the blue Xeno (for now) just to check it out. The "Colonial Marine" is nothing to write home about, but I must say I was really impressed with the quality of the Xenomorph! The sculpting and the articulation really surprised me...ball jointed shoulders, abdomenm, wrists, hips, and ankles...way more than I expected. I'll probably pick up gold set too. Maybe the APC, though it's way under scaled, it might work for the Mega Construx line.

20200126_122447.jpg

Feedback thread

Reaction score
Just bought some of the Jurrasic Clash! figures with a dinosaur and rider. Man I would have been nuts for this stuff as a kid. I had a lot of GI Joe and anything that went with that was ok by me. I had a few generic figures that tended to just factor in as random good or bad guys that got killed.

If you haven't seen them I got the three bigger ones...Mammoth, Liopleurodon, Triceratops, and the smaller Titanus (like a large dino chicken). The smaller one really makes me think of Boga from AOTC and I'll probably incorporate that in there somewhere or maybe with the clones on Felucia with the Gelagrub. Not sure what to do with the others yet.

Reaction score
Just bought some of the Jurrasic Clash! figures with a dinosaur and rider. Man I would have been nuts for this stuff as a kid. I had a lot of GI Joe and anything that went with that was ok by me. I had a few generic figures that tended to just factor in as random good or bad guys that got killed.

If you haven't seen them I got the three bigger ones...Mammoth, Liopleurodon, Triceratops, and the smaller Titanus (like a large dino chicken). The smaller one really makes me think of Boga from AOTC and I'll probably incorporate that in there somewhere or maybe with the clones on Felucia with the Gelagrub. Not sure what to do with the others yet.
Yup. I'm in to those as well. I got a couple of the small sets with a creature and figure. Later, Walmart was clearing them out, and I got the whole set of toys for really cheap.

I really liked that bird creature. Reminds me of the Kai creature from Nausicaa that the characters rode. I wonder if the toy designer was inspired by it?

I heard Lanard is bringing back their Star Corps line as Star Troopers. They've been spotted in Australia and Canada already. Cool stuff.

Reaction score
That bird creature is the Titanus I was referring to. I really want to paint that saddle black and put a clone on top :)

Reaction score
You know, I oddly actually like this Alien line' Such a throwback to the old Kenner aliens line, ESPECIALLY when it comes to the human choices. Kenner never did Gorman, Crowe, or Wierzbowski...I mean I GET why, Gorman a pseudo-villain (though redeemed) and the other two basically on screen for what? Three minutes? But I SO get what they aimed for, a retro Kenner what if Aliens line. A lot forget Kenner DID do Hudson and Vasquez but I believe only European releases. Never did Frost either, so I'd love to see him come if successful. At least he HAS lines. Do Spunkmeyer and Ferro with a drop ship too. I had the entire Kenner line as a kid outside of Hudson and Vasquez, didn't even know they were made till I got much older. Was always bothered because Hudson was my fav, always wished they made him. At this rate, it's kinda crazy how many companies do Alien based toys. There's NECA for screen accurate, comics, and even modernized retro Kenner. There's Mega Construx, there's an Indie company called Hiya Toys, there was Super7/Reaction (older now but not that old), and now Lanard. Aliens is like the toy licence ***** franchise. Hah! Heck I think there's even more making Aliens toys! Also was always bothered that Kenner release so many vehicles, but never did an APC from the ACTUAL movie. Would even dig if they did a sort of what if Kenner did the first Alien film with like a Dallas, Parker, Ash, etc. I mean no joke, I'd have ATE this Lanard Aliens line UP as a kid. Heck even as an adult I want a few.

Also, speaking of, I just realized that 6 short films for the Alien 40th Anniversary were made and discovered them TODAY. All sanctioned by Fox/Disney, in cannon. And they are IMO ALL REALLY good. Some utterly terrifying. I don't know how I didn't discover this sooner, they've been one for a few months.

I also rather liked their Jumanji line, it was good for generic animals (not all but some) in scale and style with Jurassic World dinosaurs. Heck even the packaging looked similar.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't know where that image above labeling the human figures came from but they are not labeled as such on the packaging.

Reaction score
Doesn't really matter I think. Those figures are just repaints of some old generic The Corps figures. I hope they will try to do some new sculpts of proper Colonial Marines in a future wave.

Reaction score
Yeah did some digging and not sure now if they're intended to be those specific marines or that's just how a fan interpreted it. It's a fun interpretation...but at the same time, I also learned they're really just repaints of Corps figures (like said) and they're not remotely in scale with the old Kenner line. They look like Hobbit marines by comparison. But I do have to wonder if these Corps figures were designed TO look somewhat like Aliens space marines from the get go, hence why years later they got a licences to do Aliens, because they always wanted to? Maybe? Even stranger? The Wyland soldiers aren't even in scale with the Marines in THIS line.

Reaction score
I don't know where that image above labeling the human figures came from but they are not labeled as such on the packaging.

Reaction score
thought about mixing some of their Jumangi beasts to make a BloodHorn or MudHorn whatever that rhino thing was from Mandalorian.

Reaction score
Ok, but still the figures aren't labeled with those names on the packaging. I don't know if someone from Hideous Plastic created that image or what, but I doubt that it was Lanard's intention that these are supposed to represent any specific characters from the films. "Lt. Gorman" and "Pvt Crowe" are just labeled as Colonial Space Marines while "Pvt Wierzbowski" is labeled Colonial Marine Sargent (which, incidentally, is spelled incorrectly). "Russ Jorden" (c'mon, Lanard is going to make a figure of a character from a deleted scene?) is just labeled Research Scientist. The "Weyland-Yutani Enforcer" is called a Weyland Commando (close I guess). The Xenomorphs do match the names in that image with the exception of the "Hive Protector" which the packaging just refers to as "Warrior Alien".

Of course I could be wrong and that image may have originated from Lanard and, for some reason, they had to change names or something bit I still kind of doubt it.

Anyway, none of this is important as I just enjoy them for what they are.

Reaction score
Ok, but still the figures aren't labeled with those names on the packaging. I don't know if someone from Hideous Plastic created that image or what, but I doubt that it was Lanard's intention that these are supposed to represent any specific characters from the films. "Lt. Gorman" and "Pvt Crowe" are just labeled as Colonial Space Marines while "Pvt Wierzbowski" is labeled Colonial Marine Sargent (which, incidentally, is spelled incorrectly). "Russ Jorden" (c'mon, Lanard is going to make a figure of a character from a deleted scene?) is just labeled Research Scientist. The "Weyland-Yutani Enforcer" is called a Weyland Commando (close I guess). The Xenomorphs do match the names in that image with the exception of the "Hive Protector" which the packaging just refers to as "Warrior Alien".

Of course I could be wrong and that image may have originated from Lanard and, for some reason, they had to change names or something bit I still kind of doubt it.

Anyway, none of this is important as I just enjoy them for what they are.
After you posted your reply above I emailed Phillip who runs Hideous Plastic and he said the checklist comes from an official source connected to Lanard Toys, but he wasn't sure how official the use of those particular character names is although he speculated that they had permission to use those names from Fox. So, it's not exactly clear-cut at this time if these human character figures are supposed to be specific human characters from the film, Aliens. We'll probably find out in time, perhaps at Toy Fair next month.

Reaction score
Picked up the APC at Walmart. It's a great vehicle for only $15. Looks great with Reaction Ripley and Queen. I passed on the other sets for now. Still "recovering" from Christmas purchases.

Reaction score
Well, those figures appeared around 2005 I think, so it's not very important which names they are given, they were never made depict any character in Aliens in particular. I have a few of them and they are nice, a sort of glorification of Chap Mei figures. The APC is super cool.

Reaction score
The vehicles and humans look very cheap (which makes sense), but those Aliens are surprisingly impressive. I'd probably get the blue one if I ever saw it, but I wish they made a black version or even just a darker blue.

These are 3.75ish, right? How do they scale with SW figures?