LA Area News and Finds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Found the 212 Valor pack and the Blackhole pack today at the La Cienaga Target- what a rarity. Anyone seen the Exar pack? Forgot to mention- if anyone is still looking for an L8-L9 set, TCW Bly or Secura- they were also there.

Reaction score
Lifeinabox said:
bikerscout said:
your link came up "forbidden"
Hmmm, don't know what's going on, but after "forbidden", hit return on the URL and it comes up. Here's another link - http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=12889
holy *%^&*$^&!!!!!!!!!!! Those are so freakin awesome. Want. Badly. Esp. the Mk 6 and WM. Wow. Thanks for posting again!!!! I got a feeling that they'll be scalped so hard we wont have a chance to find em. Esp. the WM. Want...................NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

famished: saw exar in the valley week ago, haven't seen it in other targets, but haven't been in them much. Try HTS.com too

Reaction score
bikerscout said:
Lifeinabox said:
bikerscout said:
your link came up "forbidden"
Hmmm, don't know what's going on, but after "forbidden", hit return on the URL and it comes up. Here's another link - http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=12889
holy *%^&*$^&!!!!!!!!!!! Those are so freakin awesome. Want. Badly. Esp. the Mk 6 and WM. Wow. Thanks for posting again!!!! I got a feeling that they'll be scalped so hard we wont have a chance to find em. Esp. the WM. Want...................NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

famished: saw exar in the valley week ago, haven't seen it in other targets, but haven't been in them much. Try HTS.com too
Yeah they are sweet indeed. I noticed a couple of WMs have their planagrams up with the 6" line listed so any day now they should hit.

Picked up Wave 2 of the 3/4" Iron Man line at Burbank TRU. Very cool as well.

Reaction score
i wonder how many they'll get per store? What is in 3.75" wave 2?? You haven't been on SSG a lot -good to see u here though

Reaction score
bikerscout said:
i wonder how many they'll get per store? What is in 3.75" wave 2?? You haven't been on SSG a lot -good to see u here though
Thanks, yeah SSG is a bit of the same 4-5 guys talking to each other vs here is like the wild west!

I hope that given the humongous marketing push, WM will continue to stock plenty of these 6" for the foreseeable future.

Wave 2 of the 3/4" Comic Series here.

Reaction score
Picked up Stone and the Artic Clone today at the Crenshaw WM. Theere must have been about 5 or 6 of each. Still haven't seen Thi-Sen yet. Someone let me know if they come across a few

Reaction score
too bad it wasn't TRU for u. New $4.99 sale along with BOGO 50% off sale. U coulda got both for 7 or 8 bux.
I hope TRU ponies up & does up the endcap tomrw

Reaction score
bikerscout said:
too bad it wasn't TRU for u. New $4.99 sale along with BOGO 50% off sale. U coulda got both for 7 or 8 bux.
I hope TRU ponies up & does up the endcap tomrw
Yeah, a couple of the TRU's I've been to had Stone and Arctic Rex this week. You may want to stop by one and check it out. Have yet to see Thi-Sen and glad I bought one from a HK Ebay seller way back when. It's an awesome figure.

Reaction score
bikerscout said:
if i see those newer CW figs & they are 4.99, they'll be awfully tempting......
So you've seen the $4.99 posted/rung up? I didn't check the actual pricing. Gotta take another run and agree they'll be tempting.

Reaction score
yes, bought some CW yesterday and it rung up @ 4.99. SL and TLC are supposed to as well.

what a screwjob yesterday at TRU with the EU wave. My local (los feliz) TRU didn't have any, and my friend in the valley went to 3 or 4 and it was bust for him as well. Wth TRU? Only bright spot is that the sale is supposed to last till mid July

Reaction score
bikerscout said:
yes, bought some CW yesterday and it rung up @ 4.99. SL and TLC are supposed to as well.

what a screwjob yesterday at TRU with the EU wave. My local (los feliz) TRU didn't have any, and my friend in the valley went to 3 or 4 and it was bust for him as well. Wth TRU? Only bright spot is that the sale is supposed to last till mid July
yeah, i saw the sale at the Torrance TRU yesterday. good to know it's for a while.

Is the EU wave the one with Space and Dark Trooper? If so Torrance had it as of yesterday afternoon.

Reaction score
Yep, that's the EU. Sounds like it's probably too late to head down there

Reaction score
famished said:
kinda far for me, but it'd be worth it on a multiple TRU run. There's torrance, hawthorne(?)/rosecrans one, and what are the other TRUs near those??

Reaction score
bikerscout said:
famished said:
kinda far for me, but it'd be worth it on a multiple TRU run. There's torrance, hawthorne(?)/rosecrans one, and what are the other TRUs near those??
Just those two.

Reaction score
Went to the TRU in Glendale today. Bunch of old Clone Wars and Legends figures on the pegs so I went up to the customer service desk. I gave the guy the item and style number and he looked on the computer. It seemed like he found something because he called to the back and had them look up the item number. He then said to bring the box up to the front! I only wanted the alien Bespin guard so if there's anyone in or around the San Fernando Valley that needs the rest of the wave, then head to the TRU at 2901 Los Feliz Boulevard. Happy hunting!

Reaction score
ugh. I should've went there yesterday. I went to 2 other valley TRUs and a 3rd way way out in the outer rim, and they were all busts. (*%*(^$^&*$&(%^%!!!!!!!

Reaction score
If anyone is still looking for the TRU TFU packs, there at least 4 complete sets at the CC TRU on Jefferson.

Reaction score
this is gettin old real fast. Went to 5 more TRUs today and wound up with --u guessed it - nothing.
Did see an alien wing guard but didn't need him.

Reaction score
Did forget to mention- if anyone is hunting MU Secret Wars CPs- they had the Dr. Doom, Storm and Wolvie packs at the Crenshaw WM on Friday.

Reaction score
Hello,

LA Rebelscum members!

Anyone going to the Dodger game May 21st?

I'm a Dodger fan from Kentucky and of course Star Wars fan!

Would love some help to get a poster and shirt.

This is My Town!

Help me LA Scummers your my only hope!

PM me email me....please...somebody!

Thanks,
JT

Reaction score
thx for posting that, I woulda found out late otherwise. If i went, i'd wanna keep the shirt though. I'll ask around & if someone is getting a group together -i'll join in & at least get the poster if i go. If i go I'll also see about getting an extra shirt from someone who doesn't want theirs. Key operating words -- if I go

Reaction score
bikerscout said:
thx for posting that, I woulda found out late otherwise. If i went, i'd wanna keep the shirt though. I'll ask around & if someone is getting a group together -i'll join in & at least get the poster if i go. If i go I'll also see about getting an extra shirt from someone who doesn't want theirs. Key operating words -- if I go
Thanks for the reply bikerscout.

No problem. Glad to point it out to everyone.
I can send payment, whatever.
Let me know.
Thanks!

Reaction score
Anyone spot the WM Exclusive 6" Iron Man 2 figures? Been to a couple of WMs and see the tag but no figures. Wondering if they were all snatched or yet to be stocked?

Reaction score
famished said:
Yet to be stocked I think. You'll be the first to know if I see them
Thanks man!
Let me know if I can return the favor.

I'm also on the lookout for Rhino from the 3 3/4" Spider Man line if anyone spots one.

Reaction score
bikerscout said:
would like 6" IM too. Pm sent famished.
Gardena WM got them in finally but some scalper cleared out all the War Machines! I picked up a Mark VI. Plenty left though most have crappy paint.

Reaction score
Lifeinabox said:
bikerscout said:
would like 6" IM too. Pm sent famished.
Gardena WM got them in finally but some scalper cleared out all the War Machines! I picked up a Mark VI. Plenty left though most have crappy paint.
that pisses me off. U couldn't even get one. (save for the Mk VI). a*&%^*$$%

Reaction score
Saw the same at the Crenshaw WM if anyone is looking, there's 2 Mark IV left, PM if you need 'em. I think I saw one of those scalpers walk out of the aisle on my way in, lol. Still looking for Exar Kun and Thi-Sen. Those CV game packs are out at the La Cienaga TRU. Weird mix of old figs with the BG-J38 parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.