LA Area News and Finds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
They put up the new Battle Packs awhile ago, but that is it. Commander Cody was up there a few days ago. Also, spotted Jango's GH Slave 1 yesterday at the CC Target

Reaction score
thx to a stash -i got Bly on the weekend. Found aayla myself last week. i find her again for 7 or less I'll return the one i got for $9 (with tax)
Any at-st's on clearance? and if not, what in the f is WM waiting for?!?!?!?!

Reaction score
hi, i've been looking everywhere for a build a droid commander cody. any know where i can find one in the sg valley? thanks

Reaction score
I stopped by the Target on La Cienega on the way home from a happy hour. Second time I've ever been there in as many months. Last time they were in the middle of a reset and had no star wars section. This time they did but it was two pegs with a couple IG-86 in the old blue packaging and minimal shelf space. The store was also way crowded and chaotic. Made the Gardena WM look like Neiman Marcus. Sticking with my South Bay Targets.

Reaction score
The La Cienaga Target actually took out there SW display during February. They're in the process of re-organizing for the market. The MB Target on PCH had some stuff last I was there, but it seemed like they were a few waves behind. TRU seems to be getting some HK-50 updates in. My buddy picked up a Cody with a HK-50 part.

Reaction score
If anyone's looking for Cody, hasbrotoyshop has them up now. Use SW2010 for 10% off. Happy hunting! I need a YVH-1 right leg if anyone has extra. Check my trade list!

Reaction score
ya, the OC people talk. Why don't the LA people? This is such a big, frequently visited site, the local collectors should help each other out.

Reaction score
Hey, I'm trying to drop the intel as fast as I can get to it! I think we've been doing a pretty bang up job

Reaction score
Speaking of which, Commander Cody- 1 left at the Crenshaw WM- $6 all SW figures

Reaction score
thx Capt. Here's a good instance where LA collectors should communicate - these CP's arent gonna be easy to get

Reaction score
I only follow CW but if you give me a quick rundown of the packs I'll be on the lookout.

I'm also an MU/Iron Man fan if you guys spot any of the new waves/hard to find stuff.

Reaction score
New MU seem to be out- saw the Luke Cage but sadly no Thor
I picked up the War Machine Movie version- red and blue eyes- best looking fig out of all of them. Kinda sloppy paint jobs on most of the figs. No word on the CPs- looking for the Black Hole Trooper, Exar Kun and Weir comic packs mainly.

Reaction score
final 5 packs:

found article

the IM figs are pretty cool. Just have movie war machine, (both variants) and the comic version. Most of my friends like the comic version better. Movie WM is cool open, but i thought it could be better -more leg articulation. Somewhere down the road i'll probably get a IM MK 6 suit. If they ever go for a really cheap price

Reaction score
Got it. Thanks. I'll be on the lookout for them.

I should have clarified on the MU/IM. Have Thor and Extremis IM from the latest MU wave and not interested in the rest. Luke Cage seems to be pegwarming now but please post once the new wave Colossus hits! Same with IM. Picked up Movie WM (he rocks!), Mark IV, Iron Monger and classic IM. Done until the next wave but let's keep each other posted.

BTW, anyone looking for an AT-ST? Got one on clearance the other week but don't really have a need for it.

Reaction score
Just got Nahdar- on of my favs from Clone wars so far- knee articulation is a surprise bonus

Reaction score
Crenshaw WM has the Weir + Commando and IG-97 + Mohc Packs- it's in a weird aisle close to the DVDs/kids books.

Reaction score
i got the weir already. Hated the price. They shouldn't have been more than 12.99.

btw, i got my Vebb on mon. Crappy box & card, but i may open anyway

Reaction score
The price was steep, but check this auction out:

Ebay HK-47 Wave Obi Scalper

Poor folks looking for this may not realize it's up on Hasbro again.

Lifeinabox- picked up the new MU Thor and Old School Cap America today at La Cienaga TRU.

SW- the BG-j38 waves is out- but none of the figs I want. All re-issues it seems. Hey, the Tru exclusive STAP and Biker scouts are out as well- can anyone tell me if the bike ejects? I don't want it if it doesn't. Thanks!

Reaction score
Was at the Burbank TRU today, noticed the Fire Fighter droid and artic Obi and Ani out. Guess I missed the clone- oh well. Better luck next time

Reaction score
Okeley Dokely, picked up TLC Kashyyyk Bogey Squad Comic Pack yesterday. Master Thome pack was out as well. I'm now looking for the Exar Kun and Valor Clones pack.

If anyone is looking for Blue Variant IM2 War machines, the TRU on Jefferson in CC had last I saw- bad paint jobs though

If anyone finds some extra MU Thors, please let me know. Thanks!

Reaction score
They were available on Hasbro yesterday, but even with 10% off, it'd still come out close to $16-17/pack. The economics of collecting grow ever so prohibitive

Reaction score
found em today at a Target in the valley!! last 2 i needed -bogey & 212th. Tried at 3 TRUs for the EU wave and TFU multipacks. Zilch. But i did find 2 new magnaguards though, so i was psyched!!

Reaction score
Okay kiddies, here's my rundown:

La Cienaga TRU- picked up TFU packs 1&2- 3 more full sets were there last I left- $30 a pop. Also saw artic Ani and Obi, plus CW Dath Sidious- the figure would be nice if there were more leg articulation.

They had a few sets of the new MU Thor, Buck and Cap out if you're interested. At the Jefferson TRU, saw a secret wars CP with Storm and Nightcrawler.

I'm still looking got that 212 Valor pack, CW Commander Stone, the Artic Clone trooper and Thi-sen. If anyone finds extra, let me know

Reaction score
what time did u find those TFU packs on Fri.? time did u leave? Try van nuys TRU for Stone & snow rex -had em yesterday morning.

Reaction score
Dropped in around 10:30a. Thanks for the heads up, I might try to wait it out until another wave arrives in the westside. It seems like they're just hitting shelves.

Reaction score
La cienega TRU -- this am -nothing. Cleaned out by collectors and or scalpers who had cases brought out. I was disappointed. Did find a CW TX-20 commander droid though. PM for location.

CC TRU -- no EU, but did manage to find the 2 last TFU packs!!!! Man they are small & slim. Be careful u don't skip over them & leave out of frustration. I nearly did, but after another quick search i found em!!! Persistence pays off! (or going nuts goin to 7 TRUs does too!!)

Reaction score
If anyone's still looking for the comic packs, the Target by Hawthorne Airport has the entire wave.

Anyone spot the WM exclusive 6" Iron Man 2 figures?

Reaction score
Lifeinabox said:
If anyone's still looking for the comic packs, the Target by Hawthorne Airport has the entire wave.

Anyone spot the WM exclusive 6" Iron Man 2 figures?
The display shelf ones?

...wait, Hawthorne has an Airport?!

Reaction score
ya, there was a plane crash there a few yrs. ago.

havent been to wally to see those figures, but i saw that TRU had some exclusive 6"(?) figs too

Status
Not open for further replies.