LA Area News and Finds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Seen the Battle of Endor pack at Target. The only thing I want from that and the Resurgence pack is Luke. I hope they single pack him. Birth of Vader and all the new packs are up for sale at Hasbro. Use SW2010 for 10% off.

Reaction score
Was at Crenshaw WM the other day and they had all the figs for HK-50
Anyone seen a TLC Cody on pegs yet?

Reaction score
i wish more LA scummers would post here. I havent hunted much, but no, haven't seen Cody. Glad i bought him in MI for $6 @ WM. They forgot to relabel the stickers on him & Plo Koon. Anyway, thx for the report -ill have to check out that WM sometime. Hope i'm not too late. Did you grab that wave man?

Reaction score
I grabbed it a couple weeks before but the Snowtrooper wouldn't scan and they wouldn't sell it to me so I was missing the left leg. Did a great trade on here for it though
Has anyone here ever seen the HK-47 figs on self?

Reaction score
Went into Sears yesterday of all places and was able to snag LC Beru, Owen, and Typho for $4.50 each
Anybody have HK-47's arms and head for trade, send me a PM.

Reaction score
when the AOTC wave was being put out -I saw a few of the figs here and there, never really all at once, maybe 3 of the wave at most. Therefore, i didn't especially see a lot of HK-47 parts. I traded for one of my complete HKs -was an Xmas gift for my friend. He didn't like it as much as i thought he would.
U might wanna try Kohl's for AOTC figs, i saw a lot there when i was in MI on break. Higher priced though

Reaction score
Wow, Sears and Kohls?! Who woulda thunk. I actually don't want most of the figures in that wave. I just want the HK-47. I have the HK-50, which I think is great, but I like that brick red on the HK-47.

Reaction score
Yea, I'm really only looking to pick them up if I get them for less than $5 each. I picked up a bunch of the Target BAD 2-packs and essentially got myself a complete L8-L9 (and his 6 included figures :p ) for $7.49 x 3

Reaction score
famished said:
Wow, Sears and Kohls?! Who woulda thunk. I actually don't want most of the figures in that wave. I just want the HK-47. I have the HK-50, which I think is great, but I like that brick red on the HK-47.
were you not hunting when the AOTC wave was out last year? Didn't like him then?

Reaction score
Nah, the only figures I liked from the wave were Obi wan and HK-47. I'm on the hunt now for Cody.

Reaction score
Was out in Burbank at the TRU and saw a couple TCW repacks with the Nahdar Vebb promo sticker and certificate inside. If anyone has an extra, please send one my way
I don't need another TCW Obi-Wan. Wasn't this suppose to be a Winter '09 promo?

Reaction score
naw --i believe the Vebb promo was designed for this year. Most ppl who really wanted him have already bought him loose off ebay --for good prices too! I want him with card/display & all. I normally dont get CW, but he is a mail-away & those are fun. Just wait to buy a fig u need famished

Reaction score
Thankfully, the printable certificate is available now. Qui-gon and Nahdar here I come!

Reaction score
ya, some guy had the direct link up to the form yesterday, my computer froze & it never opened. I'll try it again through Hasbro's site.

holy crap Firefox 3.6 is fast!!!!!! scum is loading faster than i've ever seen it!!!

Reaction score
I've been outta the loop for a bit,, so sorry for this: is the "resurgance of the jedi" pack out yet?

Reaction score
Yeah, it hit shelves a few weeks ago. La Cienaga TRU had all the HK-50 figures.

Reaction score
There was one of each figure in the wave. There was one hanging out at the Crenshaw WM for the longest time.

Reaction score
this am there was no trace of ESB at Crenshaw WM. Just TPM and ROTJ odds & ends and CW. Had a couple ARF troopers & a few Argyuses. That's all that was good - no clearanced items either. What a crappy run. Rodeo Target didn't have jack either

Reaction score
Picked up the Tie Fighter at Carson Target on clearance for $10. Unfortunately, the last one. Gardena WM still has a bunch of dewbacks for full price. They did have the new Secret Wars wave if you're in to MU.

Anyone seen the new AT-RT for sale?

Reaction score
famished said:
Is that the one with Thor?
Yup, along with Hawkeye and Ultron. Those are the three that I want but not willing to pay the full price of the packs. They only had one each so might be gone by now.

If anyone spots an AT-RT in the South Bay, please let me know. thx.

Reaction score
runnin outta time --if anyone see MP Skywarp clearanced for < $30 in LA or OC, plmk. receipt is about to expire. Thanx!!!!

Reaction score
Went back to the Gardena WM and found the AT-RT!

Some lowlife stole the Ultron and a Piledriver/Hawkeye from the secret wars packs! Broke down and picked up the other Piledrive/Hawkeye set.

Still don't understand why the Dewbacks are in the clearance section at full price.

Reaction score
hmmmm.. like it a lot but other Legacy, CW figs and comic packs have priority over it. When is that damn Cmdr Weir/Storm cmdo pack comin out??!!?!?

Reaction score
Saw some Joker Squad packs at Ross in Downey at the Downey Landing. There were about 8 of them for $14.99 a piece.

Saw one Rebel Pilots II EVO set for $10. The box was kinda beat up, though.

Reaction score
Crenshaw WM had the Cody speeder bike and AT-RTs- $15.97. Found an Aayla Secura at CC Target- can't figure if they accidentally or purposefully painted schmutz on her face. Anyone?

Reaction score
Did. It looks like I'll be hunting for a better paint job. Apparently people have picked up Bly. Can't wait to find him.

Reaction score
hmmm.. I'll have to see her in person then to make my decision. Last week i picked up Legends class Devastator at a SF Valley WM. Awesome -robot, alt mode and devastator!
SW: on a tip from Darth Anton on Sat. i picked up concept snowtrpr and Snowspdr Luke at WM

Reaction score
Hey Biker, thanks for the tip on Kohl's BTW. My GF picked up a Cody and Concept IG-88. It was 10.99, BOGOHO- awesome deal- it was like regular price no tax.

Reaction score
Okay, made a trip behind the Orange Curtain for my Birthday yesterday. Found another Aayla Secura and nabbed Commander Bly at the Buena Park Target and just wanted to note that the La Habra WM had Exclusive Masterpiece Skywarp for half off in the clearance section. Nothing on the westside to report. Looks like old stock.

Reaction score
Only seen remnants of the latest CW waves in South Bay but no Bly or Secura. Spotted the GH Y-wing at Carson Target and was tempted but passed.

Reaction score
My gf spotted Bly, Secura and Ohnaka at the CC Target on Jefferson yesterday morning. By the time we returned, Bly and Secura were gone. I did return a Secura yesterday evening so there should be one now

Reaction score
famished said:
My gf spotted Bly, Secura and Ohnaka at the CC Target on Jefferson yesterday morning. By the time we returned, Bly and Secura were gone. I did return a Secura yesterday evening so there should be one now
Thanks. I found Secura today at the Hawthorne Target. Her eyes are a little messed up so I might hold out for another. I also picked up the Avatar Mech suit thing on clearance.

Reaction score
I wouldn't be too worried. It looks like they just started making it on to shelves. I'd also keep an eye on hasbrotoyshop.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.