LA Area News and Finds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
i found the saga carkoon wave along with unleased battle packs, titanium vehicles and transformers at target 2 days ago.

not every target i've been to has reset their aisles but once they do, expect to see all the new stuff there.

Reaction score
Nothing much to report from the City of Industry. Wal-Mart had Neimodians and Mustafar Sentries. I saw some Unleashed BPs at TRU as well as a couple of Falcons and an OTC Falcon that was removed from its box just sitting on a shelf (the box was underneath it). The Saga lightsabers showed up a Target but no figures except ROTS pegwarmers.

Reaction score
A friend and I decided to go for a run this morning to train for the upcoming LA Marathon. Since it was a pretty long run, we decided to also hit every Target/TRU along the way. So at our first stop at the La Habra Target.....I found the Saga Carkoon wave! Well not the whole thing, just Leia as Boushh, Han, Bib Fortuna, and Barada. Some Target employees already took the Boba Fetts and Chewies. My friend (a SW Lego collector) found the 06 Legos, including TIE Interceptors, which he has been looking for/wanting for a while now. We didn't pick anything up as we were going to be coming back anyways.

7 miles later, we reached the Fullerton Toys R Us. While my friend didn't have much luck with SW Legos, I found a Gray Clone Evo Set, which I picked up immediately. There was also a Sith Evo set (I passed), Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighters, Anakin Jedi Starfighters, #25 Tarffuls, and Millenium Falcons. The Evo sets rang up at $22.99. Then we hit the Fullerton Target across the street, only to find empty pegs and shelves. Seriously, all around the store, bare shelves, pegs, etc., not only in the toys section.

With that, we headed back to the La Habra Target, with me holding onto the Evo set the whole 7 miles.
Once there, I picked up Leia Boushh w/ Obi-Wan Hologram ($6.99) and my friend got a TIE Interceptor ($19.99). So we ended the day with 18-19 miles completed, a Gray Clone Evolutions set, a Lego TIE Interceptor, and a Saga Leia as Boushh. Pretty good, IMHO

Oh by the way, these were the holograms I saw today:

-Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ep. III)
-Darth Maul
-Darth Vader
-Boba Fett
-Rebel Trooper
-Count Dooku
-Stormtrooper
-Han Solo
-Queen Amidala

ALSO......

At both the Targets mentioned above, I saw all of the Utapau Unleashed Battle Packs.

At the La Habra Target, I found the Choppers, Titaniums, and Ultra Titaniums(?).

Reaction score
City of Industry Target has Saga pegs just waiting to be filled! It's either that or scalpers, hoarders, and the like have cleared them out.

Reaction score
Which Targets were these?

City of Industry Wal-Mart has Saga on pegs, they're just tucked away inside the toy section. The interesting thing was, ROTS was on clearance with two pegs labeled "Obi-Wan w/ Infant Luke" and "Bail Organa w/ Infant Leia" while all the figures there were Neimodian Warriors and Mustafar Sentries.

Reaction score
bluesnaggletooth said:
Found the Hoth wave yesterday at Target.
Chip, is that you?

As my location indicates, I'm in the valley. I have a set route in the mornings, but when something pops up, I'll try to make mention.

So what's the story on the LA thread? JangoandtheFett says that this used to be a great thread, but for some reason ended. Is this the attempt to get it going again?

Reaction score
Found the following in Norwalk and Cerritos at Target or Wal-Mart

- Carkoon and Hoth waves
- 2006 Titanium and Ultra Titanium Series
- 2006 Galactic Heros
- SW Transformers: Vader, Obi-Wan
- SW Motorcycles: Boba Fett, Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker

Full blown 2006 stuff

Reaction score
I found the Hoth wave at Burbank Target last weekend, picked up two AT-ATs (the backwards-pelvis ones, sadly), Veers, Power Droid, and Derlin.

The Drivers are fantastic! I may return my unopened one if I find a 'fixed' one.

Los Feliz TRU had a bunch of the Titaniums today; not the newest, but there were two white TIEs just sittin there.

...and tons and tons of the shabbiest ROTS figures I've ever seen, mostly Tarrfuls and Chewies.

So far the only Saga I've seen at TRU was a Han in Carbonite sittin in a bin of RC car chargers weeks ago in Burbank.

Reaction score
Hey a new LA thread!
Yes, Darth_Anton, this used to be a big bustin' thread, then it disappeared.
Glad to see it back.
We are a gigantic city with probably more Targets per square mile than any city in the nation.
We should (and used to) have a thread comparable to our size and collector density.
Here's to a big ol' LA thread in the New Year!

Reaction score
jangoandthefett said:
Hey a new LA thread!
Yes, Darth_Anton, this used to be a big bustin' thread, then it disappeared.
Glad to see it back.
We are a gigantic city with probably more Targets per square mile than any city in the nation.
We should (and used to) have a thread comparable to our size and collector density.
Here's to a big ol' LA thread in the New Year!
I second!

Reaction score
Geez.....I keep running into the remnants of the Hoth Wave at the City of Industry Target.......

Reaction score
So did the Culver City's La Cienega Target. I saw two Power Droids; if any Vaders were present, the two firstcomers got 'em; I picked up a Veers & AT-AT Driver for custom purposes (and the Stormtrooper holos... pawn-building time!), and some Star Wars Miniatures (which Target never seems to carry anymore, just when I decided I wanted to get some for kicks). When I left, there were still tons of Rebels, Veers, and Snowtroopers, a couple R2s, and possibly an AT-AT Driver and Power Droid. And one lonely Barada, the last remnant of a Carkoon case of days gone by.

Unless I get a strange craving for a Rieekan or R2's camping accessories, I'm done with Hoth! Woo hoo! Bring on Geonosis... after my wallet recovers!

Reaction score
At the Alhambra Target:

- 2x General Veers
- 1x Snowtrooper
- 2x Major Bren Derlin
- 2x General Rieekan
- 4x Bib Fortuna

All the new Unleashed BPs were also there, though there were only one each of the clone sets (327th Star Corps and 41st Elite). Titaniums were pretty much non-existant...

I had probably missed out on the AT-AT Drivers or they might've been stashed by someone there...I don't know, I was pretty early there.

City of Industry Target..well....sucks.

Reaction score
Geonosis wave is showing up in the Valley. I scored the first five figures in the wave and there are several reliable reports of these hitting at other Targets.

Reaction score
uh oh found a new thread to watch
... good looking out Darth _Anton... I'll let you know if I find anything worth posting at my targets/kmarts/wallmarts...

Reaction score
If anyone's still missing Hoth (other than Vader), Cerritos TRU has TONS of 'em in as of Sunday afternoon. I didn't bother counting any but R2 (3 of them), but there were plenty of everyone else to suit even the most voracious army-builder or custom-fodder-seeker's needs.

Reaction score
pasadena target this morning had 6 poggles and sun facs so i'm thinking they got in 3 cases. there were no clone troopers or scorches. either they put stuff out really late last night or an employee is withholding.

on another topic, what do you guys think of collectors that pick up figures you want right in front of you and don't even know who the characters are because they are not star wars fans?

Reaction score
I get annoyed by them. I don't encounter them much except the Hot Wheels crowd; once I visited the Manhattan Beach Target and there was a young couple outside bragging about selling another Xbox 360. They raced in, asked if there were anymore (the clerk must've recognized 'em, he told them no before they got two words out!), then the guy wandered by the toy aisle, looked at the Carkoon figures there, and asked me & another collector if there was any value to the new Star Wars figures. I believe we both said "Nope", and the guy wandered off.

So he kind of fits the 'not a fan' description, and to boot he's a "Flip This Xbox/Rare-Action-Figure!" eBayer.

Reaction score
Man I haven't been to the Pasadena Target in a while and this is what happens?

Yes, a bunch of these kind of "fans" or "collectors" tick me off. There was this one guy, having seen the SW.com databank entry for Commander Gree (last names go first, so he is listed as Gree, Commander), that ran around calling him Gree Commander. I kept getting a laugh out of it and then after about a month of just blabbing about how "Gree Commander was the one who got his head cut off by Yoda!" I asked him, " Who the hell Gree Commander? I know a Commander Gree but not a Gree Commander." To which he replied......

"Gree Commander was the one who got his head cut off by Yoda!"

Reaction score
Scored big time in Norwalk, CA!! I found the entire Battle of Geonosis wave at Target. Purchased both variants of C-3PO; Scorch; Utapau Clones; Jango Fett; Sora Bulq; Poggle the Lesser; Sun Fac and Yoda. Some available for trading.

Reaction score
i scored the entire Geonosis wave at Target on La Brea and Santa Monica! actually, not the entire wave as i passed on C3PO, Jango, Yoda and Poggle but there were all there.

no sign of the Mega buy 2 packs with the ROTS 65's at my local TRU though

Reaction score
Nor at Burbank as of a couple nights ago. They DID finally have some Hoth, tho not nearly as much as Cerritos.

Burbank Target's had nothing in over a week now (besides restocks of SW Transformers, Unleashed BPs, and Force Battlers), and last time (which I missed) was only a couple cases of Geo, according to another collector

Reaction score
A few cases of Geo were at Burbank Target this AM. Absolutely no clones, which was good because the scalper bunch got there ahead of most of us regular collectors. If all the cases were the same, then a Jango was also plucked by Target employees in addition to the clones, for themselves of some backroom deal with scalpers.

Picked up a couple Sun Facs & a few Soras, so I wasn't TOO disappointed in lack of Scorch

Reaction score
Toonimator said:
A few cases of Geo were at Burbank Target this AM. Absolutely no clones, which was good because the scalper bunch got there ahead of most of us regular collectors. If all the cases were the same, then a Jango was also plucked by Target employees in addition to the clones, for themselves of some backroom deal with scalpers.

Picked up a couple Sun Facs & a few Soras, so I wasn't TOO disappointed in lack of Scorch
Hey whats up man, I was the guy you were talking with at Target this morning. I can't believe all the scalpers that are there now. I don't know about bothering with the Bur target anymore. Now that the employees are cherry picking the cases before they hit the pegs whats the point. I've just about had it with hasbro anyways. I might be moving on and quit on hasbro. I'll get the OT stuff, but that will be it. Besides it's really not much fun anymore.

Reaction score
Hey! Yeah, it's ridiculous. Some days it's just me & Pete and the Hot Wheels guys, maybe one or two other collectors; others, it's the full Frank & Sons bunch eager to grab anything from any line that might get 'em some profit. TRU's no better really. And Hasbro's not planning very well by packing clones 1 per case, KNOWING they were the biggest hit of ROTS. I don't care if Scorch is EU and not as sure a bet, he's a CLONE, that's all that matters, and his scarcity is proof of his popularity. Hopefully they'll bump up his case ratio in future revisions.

Reaction score
kenobiwan said:
pasadena target this morning had 6 poggles and sun facs so i'm thinking they got in 3 cases. there were no clone troopers or scorches. either they put stuff out really late last night or an employee is withholding.

on another topic, what do you guys think of collectors that pick up figures you want right in front of you and don't even know who the characters are because they are not star wars fans?
Which Pasadena Target? East Pasadena or the 2-story store?

Reaction score
figrin_bran said:
i scored the entire Geonosis wave at Target on La Brea and Santa Monica! actually, not the entire wave as i passed on C3PO, Jango, Yoda and Poggle but there were all there.

no sign of the Mega buy 2 packs with the ROTS 65's at my local TRU though
That's amazing about that Target. For me, that store has been a TOTAL wasteland since the beginning of January. I haven't seen a SINGLE Saga figure there ever, let alone the Geonosis wave. What times of the day/week are best to go?

Reaction score
as with any target, mornings are the best time to go. this particular store is very feast or famine but i've had success every now and then on weekend mornings. i've seen the carkoon wave there a few times but never saw anything from hoth and so to see geo was a great surprise!

Status
Not open for further replies.